Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,403 members, 7,850,440 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:20 PM

Imo: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Onwuegbu (PDP), Returns Apc's Chike Okafor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Onwuegbu (PDP), Returns Apc's Chike Okafor (10707 Views)

Eti-Osa: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Thaddeus (LP), orders supplementary poll / Kano: Tribunal Sacks NNPP Rep Member, Datti Umar, Returns Apc's Musa / Jandor Has Learnt His Lessons In PDP, We'll Welcome Him If He Returns - APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Onwuegbu (PDP), Returns Apc's Chike Okafor by AskNgige2: 2:09pm On Sep 12, 2023
Svoboda:

Like inecs festus okoye, but i never knew it went as far as obowo and mbano. I thought name similarities ended in orlu zone.

Theres even an okafor from arochukwu/ohafia.

Yes orlu part bear same name with anambra cos they have common bandary . Like my maternal home Arondizuogu bear okoye and okolie alot.
My mom family is oruche and nwankwo
Re: Imo: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Onwuegbu (PDP), Returns Apc's Chike Okafor by Svoboda(m): 2:14pm On Sep 12, 2023
AskNgige2:

Yes orlu part bear same name with anambra cos they have common bandary . Like my maternal home Arondizuogu bear okoye and okolie alot.
My mom family is oruche and nwankwo

Youre right. Oruche is common in anambra. Arondizuogu is almost anambra. Some towns in anambra have cousins in imo, like iseke and osumenyi.
Re: Imo: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Onwuegbu (PDP), Returns Apc's Chike Okafor by AskNgige2: 2:35pm On Sep 12, 2023
Svoboda:

Youre right. Oruche is common in anambra. Arondizuogu is almost anambra. Some towns in anambra have cousins in imo, like iseke and osumenyi.

Yes my mom home is close to akokwa around Umuchi in anambra state..

Dialet sound alike thou..
Re: Imo: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Onwuegbu (PDP), Returns Apc's Chike Okafor by Svoboda(m): 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2023
AskNgige2:

Yes my mom home is close to akokwa around Umuchi in anambra state..

Dialet sound alike thou..

Yes. My mom told me my grandmothers singing group used to travel from Oyi to orlu to teach them songs and vice versa. I think it was the british that created the geopolitical subzones, like we had the orlu div, awka div, and so on, which eventually metamorphosed into states. The orlu zone is more alike to southern anambra in culture and dialect than the the owerri zone.

2 Likes

Re: Imo: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Onwuegbu (PDP), Returns Apc's Chike Okafor by AskNgige2: 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2023
Svoboda:

Yes. My mom told me my grandmothers singing group used to travel from Oyi to orlu to teach them songs and vice versa. I think it was the british that created the geopolitical subzones, like we had the orlu div, awka div, and so on, which eventually metamorphosed into states. The orlu zone is more alike to southern anambra in culture and dialect than the the owerri zone.

I also heard some part of this story from my uncle in izuogu..

When aro and izuogu were together
Re: Imo: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Onwuegbu (PDP), Returns Apc's Chike Okafor by Svoboda(m): 3:58pm On Sep 12, 2023
AskNgige2:

I also heard some part of this story from my uncle in izuogu..

When aro and izuogu were together

I see. Cheers, my brother..
Re: Imo: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Onwuegbu (PDP), Returns Apc's Chike Okafor by Nchenches: 4:29pm On Sep 17, 2023
Svoboda:

The highlighted is very correct.

Orlu zone shares little to no cultural relationship with Owerri zone which shares more cultural relationship with the Ikwere in Rivers state.
Orlu zone should have had Njaba State when the last state creation took place, but the sixth state of the SE zone was taken to the NW for a 7th state in the NW zone.

Today, Orlu zone is the most shortchanged in development in Nigeria due to the aforementioned factors.
Owerri zone does not regard Orlu zone as part of Imo state and clutches tight to every development project in the state.
Re: Imo: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Onwuegbu (PDP), Returns Apc's Chike Okafor by Svoboda(m): 5:29pm On Sep 17, 2023
Nchenches:

The highlighted is very correct.

Orlu zone shares little to no cultural relationship with Owerri zone which shares more cultural relationship with the Ikwere in Rivers state.
Orlu zone should have had Njaba State when the last state creation took place, but the sixth state of the SE zone was taken to the NW for a 7th state in the NW zone.

Today, Orlu zone is the most shortchanged in development in Nigeria due to the aforementioned factors.
Owerri zone does not regard Orlu zone as part of Imo state and clutches tight to every development project in the state.

Despite that development imbalance orlu has more personalities than owerri zone. Orlu zone has many big businessmen.

But to even that imbalance, orlu zone has also had more govs than owerri zone, they ought to have pulled their weight to develop orlu and okigwe.
Re: Imo: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Onwuegbu (PDP), Returns Apc's Chike Okafor by Nchenches: 6:01pm On Sep 17, 2023
Svoboda:

Despite that development imbalance orlu has more personalities than owerri zone. Orlu zone has many big businessmen.

But to even that imbalance, orlu zone has also had more govs than owerri zone, they ought to have pulled their weight to develop orlu and okigwe.

The recent underdevelopment of Orlu zone resulted from the fact that the last two governors from Orlu zone - Okorocha and Uzodinma - perceive political enemies in main Orlu who they punish.

1 Like

Re: Imo: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Onwuegbu (PDP), Returns Apc's Chike Okafor by Svoboda(m): 6:53pm On Sep 17, 2023
Nchenches:

The recent underdevelopment of Orlu zone resulted from the fact that the last two governors from Orlu zone - Okorocha and Uzodinma - perceive political enemies in main Orlu who they punish.

Youre very correct. Uzodinma v Okorocha, uzodinma v ugo chinyere, all orlu zone. Thats one thing they need to understudy from anambra politics where in recent years, political fights are not reduced to personal vendettas. Anambra was able to rise from the ashes of the mbadinuju era to create an atmosphere where politics is restriced to just being a game of wits, and thats when politics is at its sweetest.

1 Like

Re: Imo: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Onwuegbu (PDP), Returns Apc's Chike Okafor by Nchenches: 7:03pm On Sep 17, 2023
Svoboda:

Youre very correct. Uzodinma v Okorocha, uzodinma v ugo chinyere, all orlu zone. Thats one thing they need to understudy from anambra politics where in recent years,

political fights are not reduced to personal vendettas.
Anambra was able to rise from the ashes of the mbadinuju era to create an atmosphere where politics is restriced to just being a game of wits, and thats when politics is at its sweetest.
Highlighted is correct.
Using political office for personal vendetta against perceived foes in Orlu ruined Rochas Okorocha in his 2nd term as governor, and finally ended his politics.
Hope Uzodinma has faired worse with similar vendetta. For now, Uzodinma is depending on federal forces to hold Imo voters in custody so that false election results shall be written on his favour for his 2nd term.
Re: Imo: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Onwuegbu (PDP), Returns Apc's Chike Okafor by Svoboda(m): 7:59pm On Sep 17, 2023
Nchenches:

Highlighted is correct.
Using political office for personal vendetta against perceived foes in Orlu ruined Rochas Okorocha in his 2nd term as governor, and finally ended his politics.
Hope Uzodinma has faired worse with similar vendetta. For now, Uzodinma is depending on federal forces to hold Imo voters in custody so that false election results shall be written on his favour for his 2nd term.

Uzodinma has also divided opposition. Pdp is divided. Lp is divided.
Re: Imo: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Onwuegbu (PDP), Returns Apc's Chike Okafor by Nchenches: 8:04pm On Sep 17, 2023
Svoboda:

Uzodinma has also divided opposition. Pdp is divided. Lp is divided.

Even if the opposition in Imo state is divided into ten factions, that will not make gov Hope Uzodinma win reelection, if the election is free and fair.
Re: Imo: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Onwuegbu (PDP), Returns Apc's Chike Okafor by Svoboda(m): 8:21pm On Sep 17, 2023
Nchenches:

Even if the opposition in Imo state is divided into ten factions, that will not make gov Hope Uzodinma win reelection, if the election is free and fair.

Haha

Uzodinma is more forceful and combative than okorocha.

Where would the capital of the hitherto proposed njaba state have been?
Re: Imo: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Onwuegbu (PDP), Returns Apc's Chike Okafor by Nchenches: 9:18pm On Sep 17, 2023
Svoboda:

Haha

Uzodinma is more forceful and combative than okorocha.

Where would the capital of the hitherto proposed njaba state have been?

Highlighted. Orlu, the headquartees of the zone.
Re: Imo: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Onwuegbu (PDP), Returns Apc's Chike Okafor by Svoboda(m): 10:16pm On Sep 17, 2023
Nchenches:

Highlighted. Orlu, the headquartees of the zone.

OK

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Let’s Position APC To Win Again In Edo, Ize-Iyamu Tells Members / Osun 2022: Oyetola, Adeleke, Others Sign Peace Accord / Court Didn't Declare Sheriff PDP Chairman Or Makarfi Committee Illegal: PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.