Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

My Fears Over Subsidy Removal, By Oyedepo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Fears Over Subsidy Removal, By Oyedepo (601 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal / Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Fears Over Subsidy Removal, By Oyedepo by Ovularia: 4:21pm On Oct 17, 2011
My fears over subsidy removal, by Oyedepo
By Our Reporter 15 hours 2 minutes ago
Font size:

Bishop David Oyedepo

Renowned cleric Bishop David Oyedepo yesterday spoke on the planned fuel subsidy removal, warning that its proceeds may be stolen by corrupt public officials.
Speaking at the Sunday service of Winners Chapel in Ota, Ogun State, Oyedepo said subsidy removal won’t solve the nation’s problems.
He said: “I don’t have a problem with the removal of the subsidy but what will happen to the money that will be made. It will be stolen. My worry is with the thieves in government who steal the money that should have been used to develop the country.
“Can you imagine a public officer reported to have stolen N57billion? That would have been enough to develop a state,” Oyedepo said.
He added: “Stealing is stealing no matter how and where you steal. Either from your mother, your family, your church or government, the act of stealing makes you a thief and it will attract a curse”.
He cited the deposed Libyan and Egyptian leaders as persons who appropriated the resources of their countries at the expense of the citizenry.
“While Gaddafi is on the run, Mubarak is now facing charges of corruption while in office and had to be taken to court on his sick bed”.
Oyedepo decried what he called the “unquenchable quest” for wealth which he said has forced many, in and out of government, to engage in atrocities.
He urged Christians to live a sanctified life and avoid exalting the god of money above the almighty God.
“People who do this like those in government are involved in idolatry and they stand to be destroyed,” Oyedepo said.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/23127-my-fears-over-subsidy-removal-by-oyedepo.html
Re: My Fears Over Subsidy Removal, By Oyedepo by Nwaaba1(m): 4:29pm On Oct 17, 2011
pls tell them hungry politicans stealing from they poor

(1) (Reply)

Which State Is Paddy Lo From In Igboland. / Nigeria Doesn't Need Any More States As Long As They Aren't Commercially Viable. / What Is Politics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.