Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,367 members, 7,829,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

The Question Of Restructuring - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Question Of Restructuring (501 Views)

Release Kanu, Start Process Of Restructuring - Southern, Middle Belt Leaders / Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring / Buhari Should Begin The Process Of Restructuring To Make Atiku's Slogan Irreleva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Question Of Restructuring by ValarDoharis: 1:57pm On Sep 13, 2023
The biggest proponents of restructuring when they're not in power is SW!

Now that SW is in power( pending the Supreme Court outcome), there's a seeming conspiracy of silence regarding restructuring!

How come SW has gone totally mute on restructuring?

4 Likes

Re: The Question Of Restructuring by waynetee(m): 2:18pm On Sep 13, 2023
You don't expect yoruba to go and restructure other regions for the indegenes.

Restructuring is going on, you are just blind to see it.. There are state police in North and SW, sharia law in core North!
This is the time for each region to showcase their talents if they have anything in mind.

The only thing remaining now is resource control and everybody have to come together for that to be achieved, only one region can not do it

3 Likes

Re: The Question Of Restructuring by ValarDoharis: 2:22pm On Sep 13, 2023
We are talking of holistic restructuring by way of constitutional ammendment through the NASS and you're talking about jokes.

Be serious!
waynetee:

Restructuring is going on, you are just blind to see it.. There are state police in North and SW, sharia law in core North!
This is the time for each region to showcase their talents if they have anything in mind.

The only thing remaining now is resource control and everybody have to come together for that to be achieved, only one region can not do it

6 Likes

Re: The Question Of Restructuring by waynetee(m): 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2023
ValarDoharis:
We are talking of holistic restructuring by way of constitutional ammendment through the NASS and you're talking about jokes.

Be serious!

Did you expect the president to bring it up, or did you think SW can do it alone?

Other regions have to agree with it, SW governors brought it up and show their stand, maybe if other regions show their support through their governors/senators , it might be possible

2 Likes

Re: The Question Of Restructuring by mrvitalis(m): 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2023
waynetee:

So you are saying this is the restructuring yorubas wanted? ... This is how they wanted it?

Yes or no

1 Like

Re: The Question Of Restructuring by ValarDoharis: 2:40pm On Sep 13, 2023
SW has completely gone mute on restructuring since Tinubu came in.
Its not even discussed on TV, there's a conspiracy of silence!
waynetee:

Did you expect the president to bring it up, or did you think SW can do it alone?

Other regions have to agree with it, SW governors brought it up and show their stand, maybe if other regions show their support through their governors/senators , it might be possible

3 Likes

Re: The Question Of Restructuring by demmie1: 2:41pm On Sep 13, 2023
There are six regions in Nigeria, and different southwest senators have proposed regionalism in the house, they could not gather 40% support and most support came from south south and fully opposed by northwest and southeast.

There is nothing wrong if other regions start proposing it, No be only southwest dey Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: The Question Of Restructuring by waynetee(m): 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2023
ValarDoharis:
SW has completely gone mute on restructuring since Tinubu came in.
Its not even discussed on TV, there's a conspiracy of silence!

And how many times do they discuss it on TV before?
Moreover Many yorubas have urge the govt to decentralized power even after the election.. Eg wole soyinka

One region cannot just salvage the country into pieces , its not possible, the remaining five regions have to speak out too unless they are not interested!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Question Of Restructuring by waynetee(m): 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2023
mrvitalis:

So you are saying this is the restructuring yorubas wanted? ... This is how they wanted it?

Yes or no

I didn't understand

1 Like

Re: The Question Of Restructuring by Chibuzoc(m): 2:59pm On Sep 13, 2023
demmie1:
There are six regions in Nigeria, and different southwest senators have proposed regionalism in the house, they could not gather 40% support and most support came from south south and fully opposed by northwest and southeast.

There is nothing wrong if other regions start proposing it, No be only southwest dey Nigeria

Liars goes to hell kid

1 Like

Re: The Question Of Restructuring by ValarDoharis: 3:02pm On Sep 13, 2023
Now that Tinubu is in power, have they brought it up?

You guys are just giving excuses
demmie1:

3 Likes

Re: The Question Of Restructuring by mrvitalis(m): 3:13pm On Sep 13, 2023
waynetee:

I didn't understand
The restructuring you claimed we are having now is that what yorubas have always wanted
Re: The Question Of Restructuring by Iamanoited: 3:15pm On Sep 13, 2023
FROM THE SW. TINUBU SHOULD SEND A BILL TO NASS AND TO THE 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATE LEGISLATURES TO ADOPT BY A 2/3 MAJORITIES OF ALL THE LEGISLATURES FAPRES FOTCS AND CTC FOCS TRFG.
Re: The Question Of Restructuring by waynetee(m): 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2023
mrvitalis:

The restructuring you claimed we are having now is that what yorubas have always wanted

Yorubas re not one person, so they want different things. I am just saying there is restructuring going on if we look closely.

Personally, i am anti secession / anti restructuring because i dont see our togetherness as the real problem.
Re: The Question Of Restructuring by T9ksy(m): 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2023
waynetee:

Yorubas re not one person, so they want different things. I am just saying there is restructuring going on if we look closely.

Personally, i am anti secession / anti restructuring because i dont see our togetherness as the real problem.

In that case, may I ask, what (in ur own opinion) is the source of our problem as you have clearly stated above, that you don't see our been lumped together, as the main source of our problem?
Re: The Question Of Restructuring by waynetee(m): 4:29pm On Sep 13, 2023
ValarDoharis:
Now that Tinubu is in power, have they brought it up?

You guys are just giving excuses

This is just yesterday, only South westerners are talking about it while other regions kept mute.

1 Like

Re: The Question Of Restructuring by ValarDoharis: 4:36pm On Sep 13, 2023
Is this not Adebanjo thats supporting Obi that you guys have been insulting?

Get small shame na!
waynetee:

This is just yesterday, only South westerners are talking about it while other regions kept mute.

3 Likes

Re: The Question Of Restructuring by ElSudani: 4:39pm On Sep 13, 2023
ValarDoharis:

Now that SW is in power( pending the Supreme Court outcome), there's a seeming conspiracy of silence regarding restructuring!

What was the contribution of the SE and the North when Yoruba were asking for restructuring? What many people don't realize is that the SW despite it's desire for restructuring cannot lose out in the current arrangement.
This is one of the things I regard as one the altruistic side of the Yoruba folks.
Some people just oppose Yoruba by default even if it hurts them.

1 Like

Re: The Question Of Restructuring by waynetee(m): 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2023
ValarDoharis:
Is this not Adebanjo thats supporting Obi that you guys have been insulting?

Get small shame na!

You are the one that is daft, where am i supporting him?

OP said yorubas are not talking about true federalism again and i gave him the evidence that they are. Or is Adebanjo not a yoruba man again, the man have even left you losers, you can see him advising his president.

1 Like

Re: The Question Of Restructuring by BlackAdam65: 11:54am On Sep 15, 2023
we don't necessarily need to go back to regionalism the 36 states can continue to be federating units but there should be devolution of power the center should not be more powerful than the states neither should it be weak
Re: The Question Of Restructuring by T9ksy(m): 12:29pm On Sep 15, 2023
Abeg, phock restructuring. We are way beyond trying to keep this colonialists'contraption, alive.

So long as Nigeria remains as it is now, there will be no progress or development even if we stayed in our fake unity for another century.

Better we break up this amalgam and save innocent lives. We were not meant to be One, we have never been One since the brits lumped us all together and we will never be One in a million years of Sundays.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Question Of Restructuring by ElSudani: 12:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
demmie1:

God bless you, they termed it Yoruba agenda. Talk of cutting your nose to spite your face.
Re: The Question Of Restructuring by Simeonjoe1: 9:12am On Sep 18, 2023
mrvitalis:

Well awolowo has always been an advocate of true federalism, to the detriment of the two other regional leaders.

This man don get sense since and knows the future danger of one region dominating and having the larger share when the other leaders were after their pocket or the fade Nigerian dream

Re: The Question Of Restructuring by Jomonix: 9:19am On Sep 18, 2023
T9ksy:
Abeg, phock restructuring. We are way beyond trying to keep this colonialists'contraption, alive.

So long as Nigeria remains as it is now, there will be no progress or development even if we stayed in our fake unity for another century.

Better we break up this amalgam and save innocent lives. We were not meant to be One, we have never been One since the brits lumped us all together and we will never be One in a million years of Sundays.

I agree completely

1 Like

Re: The Question Of Restructuring by DaddyJapan(m): 9:22am On Sep 18, 2023
ValarDoharis:

As a strident restructurist, I am prepared to give the current administration a full year before returning to the trenches.

Perhaps you need to allow sometime too - after all we are only 100 days in, and the deck chairs are still being moved around grin
Re: The Question Of Restructuring by forgiveness: 9:26am On Sep 18, 2023
ValarDoharis:

Ti owo omode o ba ti te eku ida, ko le bere iku to pa baba e......
Re: The Question Of Restructuring by T9ksy(m): 1:01pm On Sep 19, 2023
forgiveness:

Ti owo omode o ba ti te eku ida, ko le bere iku to pa baba e......

Se owo omode yin de ti te eku Ida, now? How market?
Re: The Question Of Restructuring by forgiveness: 1:18pm On Sep 19, 2023
T9ksy:

Se owo omode yin de ti te eku Ida, now? How market?

Ko i ti te.
Re: The Question Of Restructuring by T9ksy(m): 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2023
forgiveness:

Ko i ti te.

ko I ti te, ke? Even with " Emilokan"
bambozling his nefarious way into aso rock?

Una neva Jam .

(1) (Reply)

The Nigeria Labour Congress And The TUC Have Suspended Its Proposed Strike / Tinubu’s CSU Diploma Certificate Scandal: The Double Faced Hypocrisy Of Reno Omo / Tinubu Appoints Musa Adamu Aliyu As ICPC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.