Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates (7171 Views)

APC Wins Bwari Area Council Chairmanship Election / Saraki/presidency Cold War: Senators Avoid C’ttee Chairmanship / Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by Depilot(m): 9:40pm On Oct 17, 2011
Tinubu, Fashola disagree over council chairmanship candidates

GovernorBabatundeFashola (SAN) of Lagos State and his predecessor, Senator Bola Tinubu, are reportedly divided over the chairmanship candidates for two local councils ahead of next Saturday's local government poll.

The disputed areas are Coker/Aguda and Ajeromi/Ifelodun Local Council Development Areas (LCDAs).

Nigerian Tribune reliably learnt that the governor was opposed to the chairmanship candidates of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), because of some weighty allegations against them.

The allegations were reportedly contained in separate petitions by concerned groups and individuals on the eligibility of the said candidates.

The sources said Fashola reportedly tried to draw the attention of Tinubu to the allegations against the candidates.

According to the sources, the action of the governor, who incidentally, is an astute lawyer, allegedly did not go down well with Tinubu, as he purportedly claimed that he (the governor) had been misinformed by a lawmaker representing a federal constituency from the state (names with- held).

Consequently, Tinubu allegedly threatened to make sure the lawmaker was recalled from the House of Representatives unless he behaved himself.

The sources added that authorities of Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission and the state chapter of acn were aware of the allegations against the chairmanship candidates.

The party's leadership was said to be in dilemma after the electoral body expressed concern on the candidates' eligibility.

It will be recalled that the list of ACN candidates for the election triggered protests from many areas.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/oct/17/620.html
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by aljharem3: 10:31pm On Oct 17, 2011
Very good, the faster fashola leaves ACN, the better for him.

I don talk am
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by boneruns(m): 10:33pm On Oct 17, 2011
seriously, there has been no sign of development in the two LGAs. I live in one of the Coker/Aguda LGA and i can tell you the roads are bizzare, so many abandoned projects.

The former chairman was a total failure. He prevented fashola from inspecting some of the projects he awarded. We don't need any imposition of candidate! Go on BRF!
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by jmaine: 10:33pm On Oct 17, 2011
alj_harem:

Very good, the faster fashola leaves ACN, the better for him.

I don talk am
^

No talk am again. . . You want make some people come wounjure you grin . . .
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by aljharem3: 10:38pm On Oct 17, 2011
jmaine:

^

No talk am again. . . You want make some people come wounjure you grin . . .

Do wetin, woundjure kini ? grin

They know what I am saying is true about ACN and Tinubu and no one can deny that.

The man and Adams are ACN's saviour.

I am still yet to see what Amosun and co are doing about the railway and economic integration of Lagos to other ACN states and Nigeria at large.

To me it seems that it is only Fashola that is in ACN.
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by dayokanu(m): 10:44pm On Oct 17, 2011
Fashola leaves ACN today, He would be impeached within a month

Quote me on that
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by Knight1(m): 10:46pm On Oct 17, 2011
Depilot:

Tinubu, Fashola disagree over council chairmanship candidates

GovernorBabatundeFashola (SAN) of Lagos State and his predecessor, Senator Bola Tinubu, are reportedly divided over the chairmanship candidates for two local councils ahead of next Saturday's local government poll.

The disputed areas are Coker/Aguda and Ajeromi/Ifelodun Local Council Development Areas (LCDAs).

Nigerian Tribune
grin grin grin reliably learnt that the governor was opposed to the chairmanship candidates of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), because of some weighty allegations against them.

The allegations were reportedly contained in separate petitions by concerned groups and individuals on the eligibility of the said candidates.

The sources said Fashola reportedly tried to draw the attention of Tinubu to the allegations against the candidates.

According to the sources, the action of the governor, who incidentally, is an astute lawyer, allegedly did not go down well with Tinubu, as he purportedly claimed that he (the governor) had been misinformed by a lawmaker representing a federal constituency from the state (names with- held).

Consequently, Tinubu allegedly threatened to make sure the lawmaker was recalled from the House of Representatives unless he behaved himself.

The sources added that authorities of Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission and the state chapter of acn were aware of the allegations against the chairmanship candidates.

The party's leadership was said to be in dilemma after the electoral body expressed concern on the candidates' eligibility.

It will be recalled that the list of ACN candidates for the election triggered protests from many areas.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/oct/17/620.html

i do not believe this report one bit!
btw isn't it a little late for that?
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by dayokanu(m): 10:51pm On Oct 17, 2011
Ohh Its the Tribune? The mouthpiece of Madam HIV Awolowo and her bazztards adopted sons like Akala and OGD
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by aljharem(m): 10:54pm On Oct 17, 2011
dayokanu:

Quote me on that

u are having a laff right !

ACN will go down thar day

Quote me on that !
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by dayokanu(m): 10:56pm On Oct 17, 2011
Who knows Fashola? in 2007, People voted Fashola simply because Tinubu said so.

Tinubu still controls most of ACN machineries. Fashola is smarter than that, He would never fight Tinubu cos he would be swept off
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by jmaine: 10:57pm On Oct 17, 2011
dayokanu:

Quote me on that

By Tinubu right . . . . The ACN know better than toying with a man the people love . . . . unless they end up wasting him like they did to Funsho Williams
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by ektbear: 11:00pm On Oct 17, 2011
dayokanu:

Ohh Its the Tribune? The mouthpiece of Madam HIV Awolowo and her bazztards adopted sons like Akala and OGD

DK, this language you are using to describe her is too harsh undecided
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by aljharem(m): 11:08pm On Oct 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

finally you are waking up from this ACN slumber.

Dapo trust me Tinubu does not have Yoruba interest to heart.

In as much as OBJ and co were bad, but this are the people that have Yoruba interest to heart

Tinubu is simplely looking for power and money. THAT IS ALL

Tinubu has divided the yorubas more than any other person in history.

Look at this articule and tell me if Tinubu was invited

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/politics/2011/oct/13/politics-13-10-2011-002.html

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/columnist/sunday/femi-orebe/21498-dawn-development-agenda-for-western-nigeria-1.html

These were yorubas from edo, delta, brazil, the whole sw states, cuba, Kogi , kwara , benin republic, togo, jamica etc
Tinubu was not invited thus he is not recognised by YORUBAS WORLD WIDE but he wants to force himself as the King as sole ruler of Yoruba land

Trust me Tinubu is doing more harm than good. I don talk am

Yorubas wake up
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

abeg bone that old bit-ch matter,she is suffering from senility and so does not represent yorubas' interest.
@post
so far the people imposed are performing like fashola afterall obj imposed Gbenga on the people of ogun state but today same guy is standing trial for stealing over 60billion Nigeria naira without achieving anything for 8 years !
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by Beaf: 11:10pm On Oct 17, 2011
The empire is falling. Lol!
Maybe its all the evil spirits their very own supporters released on them at Isolo.

Pikin back go broke o! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by aljharem(m): 11:11pm On Oct 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

abeg bone that old bit-ch matter,she is suffering from senility and so does not represent yorubas' interest.

So tinubu has Yoruba interest to heart grin grin grin grin

I seriously dey laff.

Point out ONE THING TINUBU HAS DONE FOR YORUBAS OR SW ?
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by aljharem(m): 11:12pm On Oct 17, 2011
Beaf:

The empire is falling. Lol!
Maybe its all the evil spirits their very own supporters released on them at Isolo.

Pikin back go broke o! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What empire

there was no empire at the first place

Pls don't give him that sort of respect because he controls nothing.!!!!
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by Beaf: 11:13pm On Oct 17, 2011
dayokanu:

Quote me on that

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

Impeach gini? Dis man done kres!
What is ACN without Fashola? Who knows those scumbags outside of what Fashola has achieved?
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 17, 2011
alj harem:

So tinubu has Yoruba interest to heart grin grin grin grin

I seriously dey laff.

Point out ONE THING TINUBU HAS DONE FOR YORUBAS OR SW ?
Since Awolowo left,it hasn't been like this.thanks to Tinubu for maintaining that western rascality.
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by aljharem(m): 11:22pm On Oct 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Since Awolowo left,it hasn't been like this.thanks to Tinubu for maintaining that western rascality.

Even Awolowo and Odudua would be disappointed at the great yoruba race. I tell you

After Awolowo left power and politics , Jakande took over lagos state

Marwa also did better and you can not deny that

That is the reality

Fashola was picked by a stroke of luck and God's blessing to Lagos state. because while tinubu was the gov of lagos. Lagos suffered great depression of which we still suffer till today.

Pls Listen to your leaders and do not follow a man that is still stealling from Lagos

HND and co know what they are doing. Believe this .

A word is enough for the wise !
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by Beaf: 11:22pm On Oct 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

He has really surpassed himself, especially with AregbeRASCAL who has "bought" trains to ply a route where there are no railway lines!!!
Wonders!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

People are heading into the forest, but dia eyes nefa clear yet! grin
Now they call Awo's wife b!tch and traitor. Na wa! cry cry cry
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by kasiem(m): 11:59pm On Oct 17, 2011
Dis beaf go kill person one day.
@post,
i venerate fashola's tenacity in trying to bulwark his gov't from the fetters of tinubu's avarice. Tinubu should take into cognizance, that fashola's developmental prowess was the thing that helped ACN in the last election. He should keep that his senile rascality in abeyance, cos people like Orji uzor kalu have learnt that naija has grown past the dingy days of political barbarism.
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by dayokanu(m): 12:03am On Oct 18, 2011
How did fasholas work help Aregbesola and Fayemi who contested and won elections at the same time as Fashola?

So If Fasholas work was responsible for winning Oyo and Ogun STate, Whose work was responsible for winning Ekiti and Osun?
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by koruji(m): 12:18am On Oct 18, 2011
Lying cretin.

U better go and check the thread on which u first propagated this sillyness to see a map that put complete lie to your feigned "enlightenment about Nigeria's rail system".

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-782102.32.html#msg9352882

Beaf:

He has really surpassed himself, especially with AregbeRASCAL who has "bought" trains to ply a route where there are no railway lines!!!
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by kasiem(m): 12:28am On Oct 18, 2011
dayokanu:

How did fasholas work help Aregbesola and Fayemi who contested and won elections at the same time as Fashola?

So If Fasholas work was responsible for winning Oyo and Ogun STate, Whose work was responsible for winning Ekiti and Osun?
i said that fashola's work helped ACN in the "LAST ELECTION", which u can't dispute. Yep, i would agree that political rascality worked in our past election, that's why people like tinubu and orji uzor pulled weight, but, that factor has been attenuated in our nascent politics. The great orji uzors and nnamanis of yesterday have totally gone extinct from the political milieu, cos their braggadocio and rascality couldn't save them this time.
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by Kobojunkie: 12:42am On Oct 18, 2011
Dem don start again? Na the 'Fashola' media at it again Aren't these the same folks who, every now and then, create some story war between the two(Fashola and Tinubu)? I bet this is another go at that wheel. This is the first since after the elections, I think.
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by arsenefc: 1:04am On Oct 18, 2011
^^^

How did you come to that conclusion, Ms. I-Sit-My-Arse-In-Dolton-Chicago-But-I know-Exactly-What-Is-Going-On-In-The Minds-Of-Team-Fashola-In-Agidingbi-Ikeja
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by Depilot(m): 1:18am On Oct 18, 2011
For the last elections, Fashola's works were responsible for every ACN victory and nothing else.
If you ask any smart serious politician in Nigeria, they will let you know that Fashola is the body and soul of ACN.

Apart from stolen Lagos state money, Tinubu is nobody. And I think he's finally starting to realize it himself.
I will not be surprised if Fashola carries CPC flag for the next presidential election spot. I can assure you that he will not move over to PDP. PDP and ACN have a lot in common.

Fashola is not only a lawyer, but a SAN with integrity. And who is is Tinubu?
In a well developed and civilized country, people like Tinubu will be be applying for a facility manager position, may be for a super market and nothing else

I still feel very comfortable to predict that Fashola will eventually be Tinubu's down fall. It is going to get to a point when Tinubu will want to pull a red card against Fashola, the same way he did against Funso Williams, but this time around I predict that Tinubu will choke.
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by dayokanu(m): 1:43am On Oct 18, 2011
Depilot:

In a well developed and civilized country, people like Tinubu will be be applying for a facility manager position, may be for a super market and nothing else

For someone that has the below profile and worked at those organisations in a developed and civilized country

Upon graduation with honours and several awards, [size=18pt]Bola Tinubu cut his professional teeth at the American-based Arthur Anderson, Deloitte Haskins and Sells (now called Deloitte Haskins and Touche) and GTE Service Corporation - the largest Communication and Utility Company in the United States of America.[/size]

Meanwhile, at Deloitte Haskins and Sells, the young and professional Bola broadened his experience by participating in the auditing and management consultancy services of General Motors, First National Bank of Chicago, Procter and Gamble, International Harvester, GEC and other Fortune 500 firms.

On his return to Nigeria and with his international experience in Financial Management, [size=18pt]young Bola joined Mobil Producing Nigeria as a Senior Auditor before he retired as the company’s Treasurer[/size].

http://asiwajubolatinubu.com/about/index.html
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by Depilot(m): 1:51am On Oct 18, 2011
For someone that has the below profile and worked at those organisations in a developed and civilized country

Name:?
Primary School:?
High School:?
College:?
Any Degree:?

Sorry dude, I can not accept any of the info you've posted for an individual who doesn't even know his real name or mother by birth.
Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by koruji(m): 1:55am On Oct 18, 2011
The greatest problem that beset us as Africans is a terribly short memory for the good someone has done, and a rather unending memory for their errors.

The fact remains that but for Tinubu there would be no Fashola. It was Tinubu [size=20pt]alone [/size] that stood against the might of OBJ & his evil PDP forces. All that is going on now is "baby" OBJ & his PDP cretins simply changing tactics by flattering Fashola to fall over, while condemning Tinubu.

It is not today that such evil forces have attacked Yoruba land by encouraging such treachery. This is exactly what they did between Awo and Akintola. Akintola thought he was taking his people into "mainstream" politics, but all he did was destroy not only himself in the process, but Awolowo and the policies and programs that would have transformed the SW light-years ahead of other regions. Even today, echos of that golden era remain.

I have said it over and over again, Fashola needs to keep his head on his shoulders and realize that any human that stand with the enemies of his people, no matter how brilliant he considers himself, is bound to fail at whatever he does.

It doesn't mean that Fashol and Tinubu should not disagree. They should, that is the essence of leadership as long as it is not an excuse for treachery.

Enough word for the wise.

Depilot:

For the last elections, Fashola's works were responsible for every ACN victory and nothing else.
If you ask any smart serious politician in Nigeria, they will let you know that Fashola is the body and soul of ACN.

Apart from stolen Lagos state money, Tinubu is nobody. And I think he's finally starting to realize it himself.
I will not be surprised if Fashola carries CPC flag for the next presidential election spot. I can assure you that he will not move over to PDP. PDP and ACN have a lot in common.

I still feel very comfortable to predict that Fashola will eventually be Tinubu's down fall. It is going to get to a point when Tinubu will want to pull a red card against Fashola, the same way he did against Funso Williams, but this time around I predict that Tinubu will choke.

Re: Fashola Rejects Tinubu's Council Chairmanship Candidates by Kobojunkie: 1:57am On Oct 18, 2011
dayokanu:

http://asiwajubolatinubu.com/about/index.html

Does his website also confirm he did not as a Customer Service clerk at  American-based Arthur Anderson, Deloitte Haskins and Sells (now called Deloitte Haskins and Touche) and GTE Service Corporation ? Cause majority of the from-abroad-comes mostly claim to have worked in the KNOWN companies and rarely the unknowns which are more in number.  grin

ehn @Dayokanu, where you there when Tinubu cut his teeth at Arthur-Anderson or Deloitte as HIS WEBSITE/his wiki claims undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We’re Ready For Dissolution Of Nigeria, Says Oodua Group / Crisis Looms In Access Bank Over MD, Herbert Wigwe’s Troubled Home / Southeast State Had Left 5 Southwest States And Rapidly Catching Up On Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.