Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? (33831 Views)

My Testimony After My Boss Sacked Me / Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? / Good Morning, Did You Catch Afolabi Imoukhuede's Facebook LIVE Chat Last Night? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Niorte: 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2023
I see many people blaming the Op.

It was a difficult situation that anyone could have done the same thing. Considering there was a need to be met and you were working to meet that need. You could have stolen an item from your boss and sold it but you didn't do that. You had probably calculated that you don't usually do much work on duty reason you accepted to do another work while you were already at work. This is wrong.

Plain truth is that, you could have waited till when you were off-work or you outsourced the work to someone else at a reduced price and you take your own cut.

He has the right to sack you considering the situation but If I were in his shoes, I would have given you the first and last warning considering your motive.

Why settle for gateman's work when you could do digital/affiliate marketing and earn something tangible online

1 Like

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by SUPERPACK: 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2023
Gajagojo:
You and I have no commonality of knowledge
Your know is your know
My know is my know

Anybody is free to drive against traffic on a one way road as long as they are not caught
Once caught they must accept and deal with the consequences.
If a military man leaves guard duty in some places he will be shot
It is not compulsory to do a job requiring you to sit down in one place. That is why Igbo men are good at shopkeeping and Fulanis are good at herding cattle. Igbos are good at sitting in one place whether at shop or at home
While Fulani like to move
now he can set up his grasscutting franchise and move around as much as he likes
Judge by intention not by action. Peace.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by IjebuWarrior: 1:12pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

Because they failed to understand my own point

Baba, you're MADDD! angry
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Ubdavison: 1:13pm On Sep 18, 2023
Some poeple no get a pinch of Sense
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by smasher1(m): 1:14pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

Because they failed to understand my own point

You have no point. Going by your explanation, I would have done the same. But pay you immediately for the Three weeks. Security is based on trust. 100 percent loyalty even if your Oga is a bad person.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by ispreloaded(m): 1:14pm On Sep 18, 2023
Oga nor wan pay salary dats what am seeing here.... The boss will still go out to work n lock the gate n carry the key along just like the gate keeper went out too..... Na Nigeria we Dy grin

1 Like

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by laluski(m): 1:15pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:
I picked up the gate man job ending of last month out of no other better options at the moment and seeing what economic hardship was making me pass through, especially waking up with no hope of where food is going to come from, make i no go steal, God abeg.

I have been doing the job well. Yesterday, while strolling around the area, I heard one man saying he is looking for someone to cut grasses in his compound. Being something I can do to collect the money to help myself as i was hungry and peniless, I met the man and told him i can do the work and we agreed on N15k.

So as my oga went to work, i rushed down to do the work. While I was on it, i dont know what brought my oga back to the house and he didnt see me at the post.

He called me and asked me where i am. I rushed down to the house. I told him i got a small contract of 15k to cut grass for someone in the neighbourhood.

The man got so angry on why I left his duty post to go do another job. Worse was that the person i did the job for was more like his enemy, as i later learnt they've not been in good terms.

He sacked me instantly. I begged this man as a human being to please forgive but he refused to consider me again. He even said, "go before you go and collect poison from my enemy to come and kill me".

Please what is my business with whatever fight the two of them are fighting?

That was how I lost the small job i just got 3 weeks ago and now back with nothing. He should have paid me for the 3 weeks right away but he didnt, rather he said i will find a way to pay you for the services so far.

Please, the country is already very hard and all I needed was something that could give me immediate money to survive on first.

Sad how struggling citizens are being badly treated everyday even while legitimately hustling for survival. How he will pay me for the 3 weeks, he didn't say it.

It's painful but it is not the end of the world.

I will make it too. Amen.

It shall never be well with hunger, agent of poverty.

Send your CV to me... I want to see your level of education

1 Like

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by bluefilm: 1:15pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:
I picked up the gate man job ending of last month out of no other better options at the moment and seeing what economic hardship was making me pass through, especially waking up with no hope of where food is going to come from, make i no go steal, God abeg.

I have been doing the job well. Yesterday, while strolling around the area, I heard one man saying he is looking for someone to cut grasses in his compound. Being something I can do to collect the money to help myself as i was hungry and peniless, I met the man and told him i can do the work and we agreed on N15k.

So as my oga went to work, i rushed down to do the work. While I was on it, i dont know what brought my oga back to the house and he didnt see me at the post.

He called me and asked me where i am. I rushed down to the house. I told him i got a small contract of 15k to cut grass for someone in the neighbourhood.

The man got so angry on why I left his duty post to go do another job. Worse was that the person i did the job for was more like his enemy, as i later learnt they've not been in good terms.

He sacked me instantly. I begged this man as a human being to please forgive but he refused to consider me again. He even said, "go before you go and collect poison from my enemy to come and kill me".

That was how I lost the small job i just got 3 weeks ago and now back with nothing. He should have paid me for the 3 weeks right away but he didnt, rather he said i will find a way to pay you for the services so far.

Please, the country is already very hard and all I needed was something that could give me immediate money to survive on first.

Sad how struggling citizens are being badly treated everyday even while legitimately hustling for survival. How he will pay me for the 3 weeks, he didn't say it.

I don't know I found this your short narrative very funny grin grin grin
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Emusan(m): 1:16pm On Sep 18, 2023
The most awkward part of this thread is seeing people calling Gateman a Security who secures life and property! angry angry angry shocked shocked shocked
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Gajagojo: 1:17pm On Sep 18, 2023
SUPERPACK:
Judge by intention not by action. Peace.
I do not judge whether by intention or action
I am not a judge
Actions have consequences
All adults know that
If you have an exam in the morning and spend the night drinking alcohol there is a likely consequence
If you are lucky you might escape if not you learn the lesson
If you take your monthly salary to the betting shop and bet you must be prepared for the good and the bad as an adult
Life continues .
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by ispreloaded(m): 1:18pm On Sep 18, 2023
Niorte:
I see many people blaming the Op.

It was a difficult situation that anyone could have done the same thing. Considering there was a need to be met and you were working to meet that need. You could have stolen an item from your boss and sold it but you didn't do that. You had probably calculated that you don't usually do much work on duty reason you accepted to do another work while you were already at work. This is wrong.

Plain truth is that, you could have waited till when you were off-work or you outsourced the work to someone else at a reduced price and you take your own cut.

He has the right to sack you considering the situation but If I were in his shoes, I would have given you the first and last warning considering your motive.

Why settle for gateman's work when you could do digital/affiliate marketing and earn something tangible online
boss abeg na gateman work I Dy do also... How do I start working online.... should I WhatsApp u cry
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by OlujobaSamuel: 1:20pm On Sep 18, 2023
The man for break the lock, then call police for you, you no go dey here dey ask if you dey right or wrong, as na family go dey run about to get you out.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by ispreloaded(m): 1:22pm On Sep 18, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:
The man for break the lock, then call police for you, you no go dey here dey ask if you dey right or wrong, as na family go dey run about to get you out.
eyes witness Dy see tongue
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by ispreloaded(m): 1:24pm On Sep 18, 2023
Boss sack person nor wan pay half of the work....is dat the kind of boss u wanna work for grin grin
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by SeriouslySense(m): 1:26pm On Sep 18, 2023
Be playing with your security, ehn, tell him i forgive you and continue the Job, and he will do something worse, then later people will say it is a super story of super sorrows, because he does not understand the value of keeping the place safe.

Unless he shows he really understands the gravity of the situation, then he can continue.

I recommend testing guards and enticing them to see if they are trustworthy.

ispreloaded:
he said he lock the gate... Na billions Dy the house? The boss was too hash n heartless,he should have understand the nigga as man to man n even take courage from his true story....abi na lie lie gateman u prefer?

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Rochasstatue(f): 1:27pm On Sep 18, 2023
This story sounds like Prosper and oga landlord.
You made a mistake by leaving a permanent job to do a temporary job..
However your boss over reacted.
He should have given you a 2nd chance to redeem yourself.
Pick you yourself and move on.
More doors will open up for you.
Better doors indeed
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by emonis88: 1:29pm On Sep 18, 2023
It is even possible it is d man u went to cut grass for that called ur oga to mock him on d new security guard he got, that y he came back home to confirm if anything was not right.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by victorazyvictor(m): 1:30pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

grin Bro! You sacked yourself grin

1 Like

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by DoubleMo6: 1:35pm On Sep 18, 2023
But you just started the job now, why that early....
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by chubbyT1(f): 1:37pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

I know and I locked the gate from outside.

What if the house was burgled in your absence?
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by HRMK: 1:42pm On Sep 18, 2023
i think you shouldnt have given him any reason that involved making extra cash!
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Rodinat: 1:44pm On Sep 18, 2023
Start doing grass cutting business,turn your lemon to lemonade
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by kunle75(m): 1:46pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

Life can be very cruel sometimes but don't give up.
I was in your shoes before so I can relate, there were so many occasions that I considered suicide but on a flip side if I had done the initial, I won't be here talking.
Stay strong
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Igbokwechika101(m): 1:48pm On Sep 18, 2023
Funny enough first of all why would you leave your duty and start going for other job.you could have done that on your off day From work.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by one4GOD(f): 1:50pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

you should have told him you went to find something to eat that would have suffice perfectly well, sorry dear for the loss
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by jameel6: 1:53pm On Sep 18, 2023
Sorry you will getter a better job soon, but your boss did nothing wrong but he should've been a little lenient
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by sylve11: 1:54pm On Sep 18, 2023
illicit:

It's not the same thing

He can lock the gate too and go to work

The thing is that you were suppose to be there

Don't mind the op. cool

2 Likes

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by albert2512: 2:03pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

Sorry for your loss but you seems like a carefree person(if your story is true o, cos I doubt it). Common sense should have told you you were wrong n also wrong to tell your oga you left his work to go n work in another place(so funny). I think your former boss is right about you poisoning him cos you seems to be up for the highest bidder. Apologies please for my hard talk.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by xperiencelove(m): 2:03pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

[b]Sad how struggling citizens are being badly treated everyday even while legitimately hustling for survival. [/b]How he will pay me for the 3 weeks, he didn't say it.

Nigerians... Why the victim mentality?
In your own writeup, you former boss is the victim while you are the victimizer.

Anyway, why can't you learn a skill?
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Crenzywilliams(m): 2:03pm On Sep 18, 2023
Am so sorry for your predicament bru.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Osita2028(m): 2:11pm On Sep 18, 2023
My brother, what you did is very bad. Come to think of it, if you are the one who employs someone and the person fails to do his job and goes for something else, how will you feel? That my question
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by tioyoung(m): 2:13pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

This gate man work dey even get brake so.
What if he is to be at home at every instance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Still On Nigeria Security & Civil Defence Corps / NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups / Please I Need Your Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.