Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,499 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? (33834 Views)

My Testimony After My Boss Sacked Me / Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? / Good Morning, Did You Catch Afolabi Imoukhuede's Facebook LIVE Chat Last Night? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Love800(m): 8:25pm On Sep 18, 2023
Hw do one go abt it. I mean the cutting of grasses?
Edaniels9:

It's any activity that beautifies a piece of land or area. This can include mowing/cutting grasses, planting flowers etc.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Babisha10(m): 9:44pm On Sep 18, 2023
I know that lying isn't good but at times u just have to do it to save urself..
Why did u tell him that u went to but something?
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Babisha10(m): 9:49pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

Because they failed to understand my own point
What valid point do u have here?
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Dogood1000: 10:07pm On Sep 18, 2023
Don't blame the man because that oga paid him a small salary
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by paskal16: 10:45pm On Sep 18, 2023
He’s right
You did not do your job lol
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Sofistcatdmoron: 10:48pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:
I picked up the gate man job ending of last month out of no other better options at the moment and seeing what economic hardship was making me pass through, especially waking up with no hope of where food is going to come from, make i no go steal, God abeg.

I have been doing the job well. Yesterday, while strolling around the area, I heard one man saying he is looking for someone to cut grasses in his compound. Being something I can do to collect the money to help myself as i was hungry and peniless, I met the man and told him i can do the work and we agreed on N15k.

So as my oga went to work, i rushed down to do the work. While I was on it, i dont know what brought my oga back to the house and he didnt see me at the post.

He called me and asked me where i am. I rushed down to the house. I told him i got a small contract of 15k to cut grass for someone in the neighbourhood.

The man got so angry on why I left his duty post to go do another job. Worse was that the person i did the job for was more like his enemy, as i later learnt they've not been in good terms.

He sacked me instantly. I begged this man as a human being to please forgive but he refused to consider me again. He even said, "go before you go and collect poison from my enemy to come and kill me".

Please what is my business with whatever fight the two of them are fighting?

That was how I lost the small job i just got 3 weeks ago and now back with nothing. He should have paid me for the 3 weeks right away but he didnt, rather he said i will find a way to pay you for the services so far.

Please, the country is already very hard and all I needed was something that could give me immediate money to survive on first.

Sad how struggling citizens are being badly treated everyday even while legitimately hustling for survival. How he will pay me for the 3 weeks, he didn't say it.

It's painful but it is not the end of the world.

I will make it too. Amen.

It shall never be well with hunger, agent of poverty.
What was u expecting when u told him you are working for someone else? An award?
If I were you I would tell him something else
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by fortunechy(m): 10:52pm On Sep 18, 2023
Sacking u is justifiable. it's wrong for u to leave ur duty post especially security job
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by gaddafe(m): 11:37pm On Sep 18, 2023
BennyDGreat:

Why did you take the security job at the time?

The pay was good, very good. Better than most jobs out there. But like I later discovered, it was very stressful.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Exceed15: 11:49pm On Sep 18, 2023
Apologize
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Nobody: 4:45am On Sep 19, 2023
Standstrong:

I know and I locked the gate from outside.

To go and cut grass for his enemy…and you say he should allow you keep working? You sef check am nah. If na you what will you do?
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 19, 2023
Standstrong:
I picked up the gate man job ending of last month out of no other better options at the moment and seeing what economic hardship was making me pass through, especially waking up with no hope of where food is going to come from, make i no go steal, God abeg.

I have been doing the job well. Yesterday, while strolling around the area, I heard one man saying he is looking for someone to cut grasses in his compound. Being something I can do to collect the money to help myself as i was hungry and peniless, I met the man and told him i can do the work and we agreed on N15k.

So as my oga went to work, i rushed down to do the work. While I was on it, i dont know what brought my oga back to the house and he didnt see me at the post.

He called me and asked me where i am. I rushed down to the house. I told him i got a small contract of 15k to cut grass for someone in the neighbourhood.

The man got so angry on why I left his duty post to go do another job. Worse was that the person i did the job for was more like his enemy, as i later learnt they've not been in good terms.

He sacked me instantly. I begged this man as a human being to please forgive but he refused to consider me again. He even said, "go before you go and collect poison from my enemy to come and kill me".

That was how I lost the small job i just got 3 weeks ago and now back with nothing. He should have paid me for the 3 weeks right away but he didnt, rather he said i will find a way to pay you for the services so far.

Please, the country is already very hard and all I needed was something that could give me immediate money to survive on first.

Sad how struggling citizens are being badly treated everyday even while legitimately hustling for survival. How he will pay me for the 3 weeks, he didn't say it.

If you no find means to treat him fvck up, thunder fire you...
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Belleful: 11:23am On Sep 19, 2023
The three people big men should not play with: Gateman, Driver and Cook.
Your OGA was right to sack u.
Keep hustling. God will reward you one day
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by almarthins(m): 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2023
illicit:

He is in possession of the keys, is he not?

Doesnt make him a security man still, because he wasn't trained in that capacity to handle any intrusion from external forces. If your definition of security man means handling of bunch of keys, then it will suffice to say the owner of the property was also a security man.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by illicit(m): 12:12pm On Sep 19, 2023
almarthins:

Doesnt make him a security man still, because he wasn't trained in that capacity to handle any intrusion from external forces. If your definition of security man means handling of bunch of keys, then it will suffice to say the owner of the property was also a security man.

Yes

Anybody left in charge of a property must secure it

Who will answer to it's disappearance
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Standstrong: 3:04pm On Sep 19, 2023
Nijagogetsense:

If you no find means to treat him fvck up, thunder fire you...

Why?
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Standstrong: 3:08pm On Sep 19, 2023
Babisha10:
What valid point do u have here?

Point is I needed money so direly to survive on at the time.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Standstrong: 3:09pm On Sep 19, 2023
GO0DHardDick:

Dude you wanted to use the free time you had to work and earn 15, unfortunately that wasn't free time more reason why that guy said you lacked wisdom.

You ought to have waited till night fall while everyone including your Oga is asleep then you can quietly go and cut the grass. Wisdom is profitable to direct

Cut grass at night? Do you consider possible reptiles like snake?
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by almarthins(m): 6:41pm On Sep 19, 2023
illicit:

Yes

Anybody left in charge of a property must secure it

Who will answer to it's disappearance

Was door or gate left ajar or widely opened for easy Intrusion?

I believed the employer seeked the service that man just to relief himself of the stress opening the gate whenever he is coming or going out.

Perhaps, the employee should explain to us what we're his assigned duties.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by olamoses75(m): 8:37pm On Sep 19, 2023
Standstrong:

doing the right thing even when no one is watching, is called INTEGRITY. Your boss don't have to be home before you do your job diligently. He wasn't wrong for sacking you. If he could protect his house by just locking the gate from outside as you did, he wouldn't have any reason to employ a gateman in the first place. Pick the lessons from your dismissal, and look for another job. Good luck!
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by GoodRocks: 8:55pm On Sep 19, 2023
Standstrong:

Cut grass at night? Do you consider possible reptiles like snake?

That's true. However, your Boss was right in his actions. Security is no joke! You left his property and went to do something else he didn't employ you to do.

Next time be smart Dude! Instead of trying to earn 15k that would warrant you losing your job, just avoid the side hustle entirely
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by 064cl: 8:33pm On Sep 22, 2023
That's a big offence you shouldn't have left your duty post without informing someone. Just search for new job.God will help you. Again if you're employed directly you can collect your balance. But company offence no. 2 grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NASS Collapses 2 Peace Corps Groups / Please I Need Your Advice / Top 10 Job Sites In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.