Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,275 members, 7,829,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? (33823 Views)

My Testimony After My Boss Sacked Me / Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? / Good Morning, Did You Catch Afolabi Imoukhuede's Facebook LIVE Chat Last Night? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Slynation(m): 2:14pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

Because they failed to understand my own point
Bro...!!! Do not feel bad whatever anybody is saying, you saw an opportunity to make extra 15K in one day and trust me nobody will miss such opportunity, location was even close by...

Your boss overreacted simply because he was'nt in good terms with the man, he wouldn't sack you if the man you worked for was his friend, I can only understand from his perspective that you unknowingly made contact with his perceived enemy thereby jeopardizing his safety... Anything other than that is absolutely bullshit, you are not a signboard that should mount one place and wait till 6pm before Oga shows up while you can easily make extra 15k nearby in this harsh economy...!!

Bros ehh, lemme tell you something, in this life, sometimes you must have to asslick people/persons in other to reach your goals, and you have to learn how to tell harmless lies in other to save yourself... cheesy your honesty got you sacked, a simple I went to buy something down the street would have save us all this epistle...!! cheesy

Everybody bashing you currently would have done the same thing if laced in your shoes including I myself, but since there is a scapegoat, let's crucify him...!!!

2 Likes

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by NOwazobia: 2:26pm On Sep 18, 2023
pussyeater:

In America, it's called Abandonment of post, you silly piece of shit. He should have arrested you after firing you and prosecute you and then make you put it on your resume (CV) that you were fired so that someone else won't hire you!
He never reach like this na.

Nothing was reported missing, he no tif anything.

He abandoned his duty, very wrong, but being a piece of shit, and getting arrested is out of the equation.

I don't think even his Oga that sacked him called him a piece of shit.

It is the usual Nigeria hustling spirit, but his timing was wrong.

If you are a boss, you will be a nightmare to your employees, that is if you are not already.

I just noticed your monicker and I now understand why you are who you are. You eat shit for a living.

2 Likes

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Regex: 2:34pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:
I picked up the gate man job ending of last month out of no other better options at the moment and seeing what economic hardship was making me pass through, especially waking up with no hope of where food is going to come from, make i no go steal, God abeg.

I have been doing the job well. Yesterday, while strolling around the area, I heard one man saying he is looking for someone to cut grasses in his compound. Being something I can do to collect the money to help myself as i was hungry and peniless, I met the man and told him i can do the work and we agreed on N15k.

So as my oga went to work, i rushed down to do the work. While I was on it, i dont know what brought my oga back to the house and he didnt see me at the post.

He called me and asked me where i am. I rushed down to the house. I told him i got a small contract of 15k to cut grass for someone in the neighbourhood.

The man got so angry on why I left his duty post to go do another job. Worse was that the person i did the job for was more like his enemy, as i later learnt they've not been in good terms.

He sacked me instantly. I begged this man as a human being to please forgive but he refused to consider me again. He even said, "go before you go and collect poison from my enemy to come and kill me".

Please what is my business with whatever fight the two of them are fighting?

That was how I lost the small job i just got 3 weeks ago and now back with nothing. He should have paid me for the 3 weeks right away but he didnt, rather he said i will find a way to pay you for the services so far.

Please, the country is already very hard and all I needed was something that could give me immediate money to survive on first.

Sad how struggling citizens are being badly treated everyday even while legitimately hustling for survival. How he will pay me for the 3 weeks, he didn't say it.

It's painful but it is not the end of the world.

I will make it too. Amen.

It shall never be well with hunger, agent of poverty.

This is the mediocrity we are talking about I mean from your end. You broke your contract. You are being paid to be at the post of duty and nothing else. You saw another job you know you can't do and you still went ahead to do it. That's not fair on the person paying you.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by NOwazobia: 2:40pm On Sep 18, 2023
PepeXKermit:
its interesting how 95% percent of nairalanders are peasants and paupers and they will be arguing with you like they live in an upper echelon in Lekki. Lol. I swear, nobody is worth my time on this forum. useless pipu
If he was the usual Nairaland, he wouldn't drop this post out of shame.

Also, if I were you, I would just deactivate my account and leave Nairaland knowing that 95% of Nairaland are peasants and below my standard because there is no metrics to find the other 5% that are at your level to interact with.

Equating public argument and opinion to standard of living is quite unintelligent as the big man you are.

1 Like

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by millionboi2: 2:41pm On Sep 18, 2023
CJStarz:
Why ona just dey forge stories upandan here? Reading the post,I know say na one big boy write am, just to catch cruise because if na poor man wey write am, u go feel his pain in every line of the story.
Abeg, make una allow the poor breeeeth'
nope, this is true but social media is not to be trusted.

1 Like

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by millionboi2: 2:52pm On Sep 18, 2023
linearity:

If life throws you lemon, they say you should make lemonades from it…I will expatiated on this later…

But, first….Yes you were in the wrong and have no justification whatever, so don’t argue the point and he is right in firing you and even for refusing to pay you, from this gross negligence it is possible you were equally negligent for the previous three weeks and he can be justified for not paying you.

Definitely, the above is not why I commented, this is why…think of it, how much was he going to pay you monthly for being his gateman?…is it up to N60k?

The above is lemon, now this is the lemonade that you can make out of it….this experience has made you discover that you can make a kool N15k for a day’s or less than a day’s job, why not look into this? You can even become an employer of labor.

To become a millionaire you must be able to offer solutions to people’s problems and you have clearly seen that, there is a problem here and money can be made.

Go back to that guy, print some flyers, cards etc., and tell him to refer you to his friends and post the flyers in the neighborhood.

Even if you made N15k per day and only worked 20 days per month, that is a kool N130k each month and N1.56m each year, most graduates working in an office would be jealous of you.

You might ignorantly say, but being a laborer is beneath maybe because you are a graduate....that is where you are very wrong. I question the Education of a graduate who is doing a menia job e.g. laborer, teaching, driving, gateman, cleaner, etc who is unable to bring their education to bare on that job.

Think about it for a moment, Gateman use to be a profession for school dropouts, but Security Companies came in, re-packaged it and now graduates are doing it....Taxi Driver use to be a job looked than upon by many graduates, but many are feeding families using Uber, Taxify, etc which is all a repacked Taxi Driver.

Now come back to the Grass Cutter laborer looked down upon job....as a graduate, what if you can design an app where you can bring grass cutters and people who need their grasses cut together and take the commission? What if you can float a company that go from house to house cutting grasses and employing people to do the actual work? What if because of your education, you can visit the library and with zero agricultural knowledge get books to read on the types of grasses, flowers, etc that would survive better in your geography and even read on landscaping design and sell this service to home owners? The innovations that you can bring on this looked upon industry as a graduate are endless...
hahahaha na everytime grass dey grow.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by achimendy(m): 2:58pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:
I picked up the gate man job ending of last month out of no other better options at the moment and seeing what economic hardship was making me pass through, especially waking up with no hope of where food is going to come from, make i no go steal, God abeg.

I have been doing the job well. Yesterday, while strolling around the area, I heard one man saying he is looking for someone to cut grasses in his compound. Being something I can do to collect the money to help myself as i was hungry and peniless, I met the man and told him i can do the work and we agreed on N15k.

So as my oga went to work, i rushed down to do the work. While I was on it, i dont know what brought my oga back to the house and he didnt see me at the post.

He called me and asked me where i am. I rushed down to the house. I told him i got a small contract of 15k to cut grass for someone in the neighbourhood.

The man got so angry on why I left his duty post to go do another job. Worse was that the person i did the job for was more like his enemy, as i later learnt they've not been in good terms.

He sacked me instantly. I begged this man as a human being to please forgive but he refused to consider me again. He even said, "go before you go and collect poison from my enemy to come and kill me".

That was how I lost the small job i just got 3 weeks ago and now back with nothing. He should have paid me for the 3 weeks right away but he didnt, rather he said i will find a way to pay you for the services so far.

Please, the country is already very hard and all I needed was something that could give me immediate money to survive on first.

Sad how struggling citizens are being badly treated everyday even while legitimately hustling for survival. How he will pay me for the 3 weeks, he didn't say it.

What you did was wrong, it's your fault. Since you left for the other work and your boss came back and couldn't find you in your post, wen he called you should have told him you went to get something or something like that. But you told him the truth, no boss will be happy with such answer.

Just go and ask him for your 3 weeks salary, continue your 15k temporal job and still look for another one.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by millionboi2: 2:58pm On Sep 18, 2023
akpunda86:

Common among them here in my area in Enugu just this morning one sacked in salary of 35k with feeding,doing outside job after several ⚠️
35k with feeding and accomodations too I guess,datz selfishness.if 35k enters your account monthly without any deduction datz cool cash.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by phkka1(m): 2:58pm On Sep 18, 2023
This can be termed as conflict of interest. To worsen the matter, you went to work for his enemy. If only you believe in God, I know you can still make it. When one door closes, many more doors will still be open.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by johhbekeboh09: 3:02pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

I know and I locked the gate from outside.

Just accept it's all your fault! With your attitude somebody employing you as security is big risk
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by wamide042(m): 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2023
Yourbas used to say “ibi ti a ba fi elemosho sho, oun ni n sho’ .. some should please help me interpret it better in English.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by mukthar2000(m): 3:19pm On Sep 18, 2023
Op u can't eat your cake and still have it, Oga u can't be a gateman and still be a grass cutter at the sometime in someone else compound, u should have rich agreement with ur Oga that u would be going for side hustling b4 the employed u .
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by oladele00(m): 3:19pm On Sep 18, 2023
Sacking you was the best thing to do. You are the type that wants to become rich by cutting corners. Securing a house isn't a child play. Leaving the house unsecured and looking for quicker gratification from his enemy is devilish and you ought to be behind bars right now
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Bribri: 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2023
Now you have a enough time to clear lot of grasses. he suppose flog you before he sack you.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by TENHEU22(m): 3:53pm On Sep 18, 2023
If you know the responsibility of your job you won't move an inch away from the property.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by tpascal: 3:54pm On Sep 18, 2023
A man who can write this lengthy essay is educated to reasonable standard.
Don't worry, just believe that God is about to elevate you to greater height.
Most people are taking advantage of the unemployment in Nigeria to enslave their fellow citizens.
You will be fine soonest, your legitimate husstle will soon pay off.
Continue to believe in yourself Bro.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by ify84(m): 3:57pm On Sep 18, 2023
illicit:
Gateman na security

He can't trust u, you left his property unsecured because of 15k

He wasn't wrong

Because of 15k. How much be him salary? 25k
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by InvertedHammer: 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

/

1. You left your official duty post during work hours.

2. You proved that you are open to inducement ---a high security risk.

3. Firing you is in order.

/
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by insightful01(m): 4:12pm On Sep 18, 2023
You were honest, that's why you got sacked!

I will suggest you meet the man you cut grass for. , explain the situation, the work did for him made you jobless, if there's any job available for you to put food on the table is welcome for you..

He might be touched, man no be God. Everybody deserve a second chance!
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Olumaeme: 4:17pm On Sep 18, 2023
You left your duty post to go take another job somewhere.

Now, you are using hardship as an excuse, you didn't think what you did was wrong.

Nigeria is a funny place.

Well, although he should have paid for what you worked, but you deserve to be sacked.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Olumaeme: 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2023
Niorte:
I see many people blaming the Op.

It was a difficult situation that anyone could have done the same thing. Considering there was a need to be met and you were working to meet that need. You could have stolen an item from your boss and sold it but you didn't do that. You had probably calculated that you don't usually do much work on duty reason you accepted to do another work while you were already at work. This is wrong.

Plain truth is that, you could have waited till when you were off-work or you outsourced the work to someone else at a reduced price and you take your own cut.

He has the right to sack you considering the situation but If I were in his shoes, I would have given you the first and last warning considering your motive.

Why settle for gateman's work when you could do digital/affiliate marketing and earn something tangible online

If he has stolen and get caught, he would have been sent to jail to cool off.

You see, the fact that someone is not caught on an act, does not make it right.

What if he has lied and he got exposed later or something happened and the truth comes out?

You people have to read and understand terms and conditions before doing somethings, that is why lots of people have problems, because they don't use their number 6.

If you need more money, apply for a big position, if you are qualified, if you are not, the hardship is not a reason to misbehave because everybody is suffering from the hardship.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Love800(m): 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2023
Pls wat is landscaping buisness?
Edaniels9:
Op, life just threw you an opportunity. Maybe you should look at starting a landscaping business. It would cost you almost nothing… imagine getting 2 landscaping gigs a week at 15k. That’s 120k a month. I believe that’s above what you would have been paid at the gate keeping job. It’s a sad experience but it might be a blessing in disguise.

Like you said, you too go make am. Just hustle correct and apply wisdom and prayers.

Blessings my guy.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Xkale1996(m): 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

you be mumu

Why u go tell am
That you're cutting grass

U be foool
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Afolue(m): 4:35pm On Sep 18, 2023
It’s no excuse na. He employed you outa trust! Getting a job outside your job is supposed to be secretive. Not necessarily a security job. Luckily, it was even a leisure task to earn from. Not pressure packed. You come go take as government work go let your real Oga know. Who does that!. It’s clear that as time passes by you won’t be a loyal subject.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Oomardesigns: 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2023
How do people become enemies? If i don't talk to you because of one thing or the other that doesn't make you my enemy
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Dminister(m): 5:00pm On Sep 18, 2023
If na me I go sack and hand you over to the police for serious investigation

1 Like

Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by rolams(m): 5:02pm On Sep 18, 2023
You are totally wrong
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by grandstar(m): 5:36pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

Go to a big private security company. They are always looking for guards. With the grammar you're speaking well, you're over qualified. If possibly, ask they post you to an eatery. Just make sure you're rogering your supervisor.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by Edaniels9(m): 5:45pm On Sep 18, 2023
Love800:
Pls wat is landscaping buisness?

It's any activity that beautifies a piece of land or area. This can include mowing/cutting grasses, planting flowers etc.
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by GoodRocks: 6:10pm On Sep 18, 2023
Standstrong:

Because they failed to understand my own point

Dude you wanted to use the free time you had to work and earn 15, unfortunately that wasn't free time more reason why that guy said you lacked wisdom.

You ought to have waited till night fall while everyone including your Oga is asleep then you can quietly go and cut the grass. Wisdom is profitable to direct
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by ollypapi(m): 6:55pm On Sep 18, 2023
[color=#006600][/color]
Standstrong:

Let me tell you, stop looking for excuse, what you did is even a criminal offence. I will encourage you to just start asking God for mercy to get another job. Your boss was not sentimental at all.
You are to be in that building as a security guard.
Worst you can do is to be doing some side hustle in front of his house only if he permits you on request... learn from Aboki guy
Re: See Why My Oga Sacked Me This Morning. Did I Do Wrong? by millionboi2: 7:15pm On Sep 18, 2023
Niorte:
I see many people blaming the Op.

It was a difficult situation that anyone could have done the same thing. Considering there was a need to be met and you were working to meet that need. You could have stolen an item from your boss and sold it but you didn't do that. You had probably calculated that you don't usually do much work on duty reason you accepted to do another work while you were already at work. This is wrong.

Plain truth is that, you could have waited till when you were off-work or you outsourced the work to someone else at a reduced price and you take your own cut.

He has the right to sack you considering the situation but If I were in his shoes, I would have given you the first and last warning considering your motive.

Why settle for gateman's work when you could do digital/affiliate marketing and earn something tangible online
how do I earn with digital/affiliate marketing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Profitable Business Can Someone Start With 100k? / Free Flights To New Zealand Are Offered To Job Jeekers With IT Skills. / Still On Nigeria Security & Civil Defence Corps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.