Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,104 members, 7,845,642 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Tribunal Dismisses Matawalle’s Petition, Affirms Lawal As Zamfara Governor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Dismisses Matawalle’s Petition, Affirms Lawal As Zamfara Governor (5612 Views)

Tribunal Dismisses Atiku's Petition, Affirms Tinubu As Elected President / Hassan Nasiha Sworn In As Zamfara Deputy Governor (Photos) / Mahdi Gusau Has Been Impeached As Zamfara Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribunal Dismisses Matawalle’s Petition, Affirms Lawal As Zamfara Governor by rolams(m): 7:24pm On Sep 19, 2023
fergie001:

I have told you that unless it is proven that the SSS person was not a Staff, the conflict will put doubts on the forgery claim.

If NYSC had already authenticated Lawrence, why did the DSS still come to same tribunal. The DSS affirmed there was alteration but it was done by the NYSC.

The issue of forgery must be unanimous, total, leaving no trace of doubts. Like they say in criminal law, it is better to free an accused, than convict an innocent.

The issuing authority cannot be the only authority, the Constitution also empowers the Police in Sections 214 & 215 and Section 4 of the Police Act 2020 to investigate criminal allegations which also involves forgery.

The DSS are also empowered by law to investigate crime, forgery etc.

Moreover, NYSC is not a qualification criteria. A thorough reflection of Agi v. PDP will provide some insight.

Don't get me wrong, the Issuing Institution to authenticate is valid but their testimony must not be controverted.

He has failed to realised this.
Re: Tribunal Dismisses Matawalle’s Petition, Affirms Lawal As Zamfara Governor by garfield1: 8:40pm On Sep 19, 2023
fergie001:

I have told you that unless it is proven that the SSS person was not a Staff, the conflict will put doubts on the forgery claim.

If NYSC had already authenticated Lawrence, why did the DSS still come to same tribunal. The DSS affirmed there was alteration but it was done by the NYSC.

The issue of forgery must be unanimous, total, leaving no trace of doubts. Like they say in criminal law, it is better to free an accused, than convict an innocent.

The issuing authority cannot be the only authority, the Constitution also empowers the Police in Sections 214 & 215 and Section 4 of the Police Act 2020 to investigate criminal allegations which also involves forgery.

The DSS is also empowered by law to investigate crime, forgery etc.

Moreover, NYSC is not a qualification criteria. A thorough reflection of Agi v. PDP will provide some insight.

Don't get me wrong, the Issuing Institution to authenticate is valid but their testimony must not be controverted.

Tomorrow is Kano judgment
Re: Tribunal Dismisses Matawalle’s Petition, Affirms Lawal As Zamfara Governor by fergie001: 9:04pm On Sep 19, 2023
garfield1:
Tomorrow is Kano judgment
Yea, can't wait.... Was supposed to be Friday, but was shifted to tomorrow!
Re: Tribunal Dismisses Matawalle’s Petition, Affirms Lawal As Zamfara Governor by garfield1: 9:24pm On Sep 19, 2023
fergie001:

Yea, can't wait.... Was supposed to be Friday, but was shifted to tomorrow!

I don't know why nnpp are jittery.i don't think apc has any case there
Re: Tribunal Dismisses Matawalle’s Petition, Affirms Lawal As Zamfara Governor by fergie001: 9:40pm On Sep 19, 2023
garfield1:
I don't know why nnpp are jittery.i don't think apc has any case there
They have to.

Anything can happen. They are dealing with the APC whose Chairman was the immediate past Governor. Anything can happen, this judgement is important....
Re: Tribunal Dismisses Matawalle’s Petition, Affirms Lawal As Zamfara Governor by garfield1: 9:43pm On Sep 19, 2023
fergie001:
They have to.

Anything can happen. They are dealing with the APC whose Chairman was the immediate past Governor. Anything can happen, this judgement is important....

What is the grounds of apc?
Re: Tribunal Dismisses Matawalle’s Petition, Affirms Lawal As Zamfara Governor by fergie001: 9:56pm On Sep 19, 2023
garfield1:

What is the grounds of apc?
1. That the Gov was not a member of NNPP.
2. That there was massive over-voting and non-compliance.
3. That when properly collated, the election should have been inconclusive.
Re: Tribunal Dismisses Matawalle’s Petition, Affirms Lawal As Zamfara Governor by garfield1: 10:04pm On Sep 19, 2023
fergie001:

1. That the Gov was not a member of NNPP.
2. That there was massive over-voting and non-compliance.
3. That when properly collated, the election should have been inconclusive.

2 and 3 are the valid grounds.
Re: Tribunal Dismisses Matawalle’s Petition, Affirms Lawal As Zamfara Governor by fergie001: 10:07pm On Sep 19, 2023
garfield1:

2 and 3 are the valid grounds.
Yea.

The news is that Ganduje is using back-channels, that's why the tension is heightened. The Candidate had long congratulated Kabir and is not even party to the suit.
Re: Tribunal Dismisses Matawalle’s Petition, Affirms Lawal As Zamfara Governor by garfield1: 10:12pm On Sep 19, 2023
fergie001:
Yea.

The news is that Ganduje is using back-channels, that's why the tension is heightened. The Candidate had long congratulated Kabir and is not even party to the suit.

It is a continuation of his fight with Kwankwaso.
Do you have pdf of atiku and obi's appeals

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free Transportation For Oyo Workers From January —ajimobi / Tinubu May End Up Being Stranded In Buhari's Presidency!! / This Is What Uzouwani Looks Like Now After #Fulani/Govt. Invasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.