Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,720 members, 7,837,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week (39631 Views)

LASG Guarantees New Minimum Wage Next Month / New Minimum Wage: FG Announces Decision On Workersโ€™ Salary / New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept โ€•FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by chaloskyx: 4:51pm On Sep 20, 2023
your minimum wage cannot be more than 60k mark my words it would fall between 50k and 60k question is who are you going to foce to implement it? and how do you prevent it from increasing inflation
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by iokpebholo: 4:54pm On Sep 20, 2023
clinician2x:

U get papa way de house de drink garri oo. U no call am useless. Na another person papa u de call useless.
your father nkosense you no get.He is in a position as the TUC president to support the Nigeria workers get a good deal but he is the one making excuses for the government and you think it's normal?Stop displaying ur foolishness

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:01pm On Sep 20, 2023
Gandrova:
It is possible because trillions of naira has been stopped from getting to the Cabals.
Nigerians don't like using their brain to think critically.

It is possible much more, infact x4 of present one.

Devaluation means more naira After Forex revenue is converted to naira. Simple maths!

$40b X 100 = N4 trillion revenue. if salary was 100k

$40 X 1000 = N40 trillion revenue. salary should now be at least 800k
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by bukatyne(f): 5:02pm On Sep 20, 2023
Aldol:

Is it all the Nigerians that is a government worker? What about the private workers,artisans,underemployed,unemployed? How do you want them to cope?

And why should they increase prices arbitrarily? Is it because we have no serious union?

If the Govt increased the minimum wage, govt workers would have more money to spend in the market, for artisans etc. This in turn would trickle into the hands of the self-employed people.

For the unemployed, how do they want to benefit from minimum wage when they are not working?

The underemployed part in your post is not clear.
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by theowane: 5:09pm On Sep 20, 2023
Was there any negotiations with Labour, Private Organisations, States, National Salaries, Income and wages Commission?
What if FG decides to peg it at 50K (which will be grossly inadequate!?)

Also, what will be the consequential salary adjustment
For other workers and pensioners??
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by damoobaba: 5:12pm On Sep 20, 2023
Cunnilingus:
A 200% or 250% increment is only fair and let it not be like the Dangote Refinery that was launched in May with so much fan fair and promise and till now na audio. Even that October November they now say fit be another audio. This government and past seem to believe in lies, propaganda, make believes and audio promises

Werey, talk is cheap. If fanfare is easy to arrange, how many fanfare did your father organise to create jobs for people. It's easy to sit down in one corner of the world and run your mouth on individuals that have distinguished themselves in life.

If it's easy to own a refinery, your father should have like 5 and you'll not be running around complaining about subsidy.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by Floky215: 5:18pm On Sep 20, 2023
Aldol:

You are the idiot here without home training. Maybe you are a bastard sef,how can you open your stupid mouth and call the president of your country an idiot.

Only an idiot and a bastered would see another idiot and bastered as a hero...!!

I maintain my comment if you don't like it go furrk yourself...!!!

Omo ale...!!!

And FYI, the idiot is the president of Inec and some maroons like yourself and never Nigeria...!!!
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by WesKiz: 5:18pm On Sep 20, 2023
Kaycee9242:
He should do it first before telling us, we are tired of hearing we will, we shall, we are about to. Nigerians are suffering due to his unintelligent policies
lol
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by Okoroawusa: 5:34pm On Sep 20, 2023
Cunnilingus:
A 200% or 250% increment is only fair and let it not be like the Dangote Refinery that was launched in May with so much fan fair and promise and till now na audio. Even that October November they now say fit be another audio. This government and past seem to believe in lies, propaganda, make believes and audio promises
It's funfair. Also how many times will you be told that Dangote Refinery is a private venture?
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by Boldideas: 5:34pm On Sep 20, 2023
tuzle:
I don't think 50k is a fair amount for working for one month because transport cost alone will take close 15k or more.

Bro, it is minimum wage o
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by Boldideas: 5:39pm On Sep 20, 2023
RepoMan007:
who will they tax to have the money with which to pay the above. Tax the private sector and they increase prices, at the end that N100k will only be able to buy what N20k could before the increase. Nobosy is talking about increasing production because corruption has eaten so deep there is little or no hope for production to pick up anytime soon.

Bro, remember that rhyme, if you watch how I move, you may mistake me for a player or a love-vendor. Jigger is a player. Ranching in the pipeline, Umahi working on roads to enable farm produce get to the market place on time, its just a time before the glorious destiny of this nation is restored.
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by ayokellany: 5:45pm On Sep 20, 2023
How foolish fools like you are quick to insult others is a mystery to me but I won't be saying anything much since you no either you or your father didn't contribute a dime into the private refinery of Dangote.

Every other miserable wail you chose to wail na for your pocket. Dangote is not the only person enjoying subvention from the government but he still chose to contribute even more to the society.

I do not even need to waste time asking what you contribute or will ever contribute to the society, you have your foolish mouth to run down everybody doing more purposeful thing than you can ever imagine. That in it self is enough for your hatefilled household to celebrate.

tctrills:

You have shown how unwise you are. Do you believe that common Nigerians should not ask questions about a refinery that billions of taxpayers' money was put into?
Idiots like you are our number 1 problem. If we can't expect accountability from the ruling class just because we have not contributed billions as you say, then the country is finished.
But what do you know? as long as you can lick Dangotes anus, you will be ok. Not everyone was built like you.
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by ayokellany: 5:48pm On Sep 20, 2023
Take your message home to your foolish Igbo father, the msg is for his wretched cursed soul not me. As for the Pandora criminal Peter Obi, he remains a diehard despicable criminal n will perish as one.

studM:
U must be a compound fool for referring to obi as a criminal,agbadorian without a working brain to think straight
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by RepoMan007: 5:51pm On Sep 20, 2023
angry
Boldideas:

Bro, remember that rhyme, if you watch how I move, you may mistake me for a player or a love-vendor. Jigger is a player. Ranching in the pipeline, Umahi working on roads to enable farm produce get to the market place on time, its just a time before the glorious destiny of this nation is restored.
Colorado is not that land of promise as one may acutely deduce. Any attempt to connect the dots and cash out is unviable and may lead to death of the instigator in ararom!
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by Jamestown123: 5:59pm On Sep 20, 2023
tempest01:
50,000 naira or lower. Who will bet?
It's actually going to be 31,800
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by InvertedHammer: 6:27pm On Sep 20, 2023
/
Crude oil $78/barrel. Nigerian pump price: N590/ltr
Crude oil $91/barrel. Nigerian pump price: N590/ltr.

Yet they claim there is no more subsidy. Who is deceiving who?

Nigeria is really running a voodoo economy.

/
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by Aldol: 6:33pm On Sep 20, 2023
Floky215:

Only an idiot and a bastered would see another idiot and bastered as a hero...!!

I maintain my comment if you don't like it go furrk yourself...!!!

Omo ale...!!!

And FYI, the idiot is the president of Inec and some maroons like yourself and never Nigeria...!!!
Ode,its obvious you are a product of broken home and never been cared for all your life. Your shameless failed father cant even be a school headmaster talk more of a counsellor. Tinubu is greater than all your generations and he is your President. Go hang yourself
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by Boldideas: 6:34pm On Sep 20, 2023
RepoMan007:
angryColorado is not that land of promise as one may acutely deduce. Any attempt to connect the dots and cash out is unviable and may lead to death of the instigator in ararom!

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ stop being stewPid
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:36pm On Sep 20, 2023
Okoroawusa:

It's funfair. Also how many times will you be told that Dangote Refinery is a private venture?
The money they are Looting alone if they use it in Nigeria, oh my gawd, there will be marked improvement.

1m dollars is now 1billion naira

Nigeria is in dire need of dollars while Norway, which has the same oil production capacity as the country, saw its oil funds post a gain of $142.65 billion in the first half of 2023.

Norwayโ€™s sovereign wealth fund, a national savings pot designed to help the country prepare for life after oil, has announced a huge boost of $142.65 billion from the AI-driven tech surge in the first half of 2023, putting the investment titan back on track after one of its worst years ever.

Norwayโ€™s $142.65 billion gain is three times Nigeriaโ€™s 2023 budget of $49 billion (N21.83 trillion), according to BusinessDayโ€™s calculation.

If we were producing crude and also refining imagine what the revenue will be like.
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by Aldol: 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2023
bukatyne:

And why should they increase prices arbitrarily?
Is it because we have no serious union?

If the Govt increased the minimum wage, govt workers would have more money to spend in the market, for artisans etc. This in turn would trickle into the hands of the self-employed people.

For the unemployed, how do they want to benefit from minimum wage when they are not working?

The underemployed part in your post is not clear.
The announcement alone if done next week will cause increase in prices. You forget say na Nigeria you dey.
Common masses will suffer it most, trust me....many people may not be able to feed again and you know what that means.
So you dont know majority of Nigerian workers or graduates are underemployed?
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by sapoyoro(m): 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2023
shunlet210:

Subsidy was removed by the previous govt, he only announced it. He cannot just announce a new minimum wage, they need to plan and also involve the union and all that matters, before any announcement. you people think running a government is like watching netflix in your home, una no go calm down
Normal normal tinubu and Apc supporters no too dey get sense Aje.
Iyaa tii bawon laraamu.
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by Cyberterror: 6:48pm On Sep 20, 2023
Don't support this minimum wage of a thing because the private sector which makes up to 80% of the labour force in the country don't get to enjoy same. It will only fuel inflation and state governors will spend almost all of their budget on recurrent expenditure to meet up and they will raise the money needed for that payrise by shamefully over taxing the private sector that can't pay their workers a living wage. Improve the economy and let wages as they currently are have a stronger purchasing power.
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by highchief1: 6:50pm On Sep 20, 2023
Gandrova:
It is possible because trillions of naira has been stopped from getting to the Cabals.
cost of governance is stl high bro.those hilux and Prado u see are not cheap at all
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by highchief1: 6:51pm On Sep 20, 2023
Ashawoman82:
bro it will double ...like 60 or so... remember when we had 18k , it was almost doubled to 30k...unless he's not going to increase it
50 and 60k sef na almost the same thg na.some Nigerian are saying 100k
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by Fearyourcreator: 6:52pm On Sep 20, 2023
Cunnilingus:
You better be realistic
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by Spinno: 6:54pm On Sep 20, 2023
So the TUC President is now the minister of information relying on politician mere unconfirmed statement...no wonder they were having parallel meetings to enable him cash out..
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by CedarHoldings: 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2023
Na state workers I pity, years overs year some governors won't implement it.
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by RepoMan007: 7:40pm On Sep 20, 2023
Boldideas:

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ stop being stewPid
goat.
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by tctrills: 7:44pm On Sep 20, 2023
ayokellany:
How foolish fools like you are quick to insult others is a mystery to me but I won't be saying anything much since you no either you or your father didn't contribute a dime into the private refinery of Dangote.

Every other miserable wail you chose to wail na for your pocket. Dangote is not the only person enjoying subvention from the government but he still chose to contribute even more to the society.

I do not even need to waste time asking what you contribute or will ever contribute to the society, you have your foolish mouth to run down everybody doing more purposeful thing than you can ever imagine. That in it self is enough for your hatefilled household to celebrate.

It's clear that you are poor and hungry and that is not a crime or a sin but the fact that you are also stupid is totally on you.
Only an idiot is offended when government and big business are being called to accountability.
Now I noticed you insult everyone's family that opposites your views and that's enough to tell us the source of your problems. It's so clear that your parents are irresponsible and they did a very poor work with you.
Honestly, I don't blame you. I pity you. You have been used, not by a yahoo boy or by your village people but by your parents.
Re: President Tinubu To Set New Minimum Wage Next Week by Mechz: 7:48pm On Sep 20, 2023
Mr President should tackle the issue of fuel subsidy removal first.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Army Invades Tamunosisi Gogo-Jack Kitchen, Home / El-Rufai Kneels Before Buhari At Aso Rock / Thousands Of Igbo Jews In Anambra Pray For Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.