Stats: 3,151,925 members, 7,814,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise (14450 Views)

6 Things You Must Do To Raise Money For Your Business In 2021 - Nairametrics / Please Who Know About Insme? Is The Company Legit Or A Scam? / Nigeria Records $15bn Investments In Six Months (2) (3) (4)

Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by udemzyudex(m): 5:03pm On Sep 20, 2023
Neduzze5:
This is simply the aftermath of a wrong decision taken by the CEO which led to a run on the company by the customers.

Because I don't know how you will wake up one morning, switch from virtual MasterCard to Virtual Visa Card the without allowing users to move out their funds from the MasterCard before blocking their access to it.
With their unstable service, work today, down tomorrow.
Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by motymop: 5:10pm On Sep 20, 2023
$15k per month salary as a founder in Africa.

So the founder earns $180k per annum

More than 171M naira per annum in personal salary.

He earns more than some CEOs in Nigeria that have revenue of 100M per year.

Payday has no revenue but the founder receives $180k per year

In 5 years that is around $900K

Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by geezynoni: 5:13pm On Sep 20, 2023
This company has been ass lately.
Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by DyingFetus: 5:15pm On Sep 20, 2023
No be this guy way do wejapa that year way Twitter been day drag am
Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by Bizibi(m): 5:16pm On Sep 20, 2023
Too early to sell.....
Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by kioski: 5:16pm On Sep 20, 2023
Neduzze5:
This is simply the aftermath of a wrong decision taken by the CEO which led to a run on the company by the customers.

Because I don't know how you will wake up one morning, switch from virtual MasterCard to Virtual Visa Card the without allowing users to move out their funds from the MasterCard before blocking their access to it.
Exactly... I think it's my curses that has started working and it will go beyond that to ensure they're all broke las las.

Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by Nolevel666: 5:21pm On Sep 20, 2023
Goalnaldo:
Please how do they start fintech? I want to start. Can one start with zero capital?
You think say e easy?
I know how to but you don’t seem to be different from this guy they are talking about.

Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by Ignyte(m): 5:25pm On Sep 20, 2023
12inchess:
I still find it largely interesting and ignorant for young Nigerians to devout their life savings to these "neo-yahoo yahoo" Fintech startups. There is still prudence in dealing with institutionalized banks like First Bank, GTB, Zenith etc. This Neo-Yahoo Yahoo Fintech startups in Nigeria are largely unregulated and nothing stops the CEO from cashing out with your funds to buy him a mansion in San Francisco while f**king San Francisco b**ches with your life savings. After Invictus Obi, una still never learn. The only Fintech company I even trust a little bit is Piggvest or Piggybank because they are supported by First Bank and the person in charge is from a well known family honorable family in Nigeria. But even Cecilia Ibru of Oceanic last last she still engaged in shady dealings. Anyway na una sabi. Just a word of advice, the day that girl comot for Piggvest make una comot your money from there ooo because enough wolves are already waiting in the sidelines to pounce on your funds.

I actively used PayDay and the reason was simple. PayDay helped us create dollar accounts so we could receive our foreign payments in dollars.

Shebi UBA dey work as bank account for the 6 different platforms wey I dey work with?

These issues would not exist if the banking system in this country was more favorable to us that work in these conditions

Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by NAC1666: 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2023
Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by SavageMaster: 6:18pm On Sep 20, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://techcabal.com/2023/09/20/fintech-payday-is-looking-to-sell-months-after-3m-raise/

Hmm

I used Payday app to generate a Mastercard which I used to buy my domain and hosting from a foreign host. This was in March this year. It was nice then.

I was even considering saving up some money with them in USD

Not long after, issues here and there. Today, they will deactivate all their MasterCards, tomorrow another thing.

Since then, I just dey look them with my side eye

Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by hegelian: 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://techcabal.com/2023/09/20/fintech-payday-is-looking-to-sell-months-after-3m-raise/

Reek of fraud.. You get paid 15k a month and thats like 180k a year on salary alone minus travelling and other allowance I suppose and other 60 staff meaning around 600k per annum will be spent on staff minimum and all you could raise is $3million.. It just doesn't add up one bit.. It sounds like money laundering ventures to any sensible person cos the asset of the company doesn't do justice to salary which is a single item of liabilities of the company..

Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by Goalnaldo(m): 6:38pm On Sep 20, 2023
motionarena:

Na the new oil well be this.

Na to start our own and cash out
bro, plug me in make we cash out
Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by Goalnaldo(m): 6:40pm On Sep 20, 2023
Nolevel666:

You think say e easy?
I know how to but you don’t seem to be different from this guy they are talking about.
bro, please I'm trustworthy but I don't have start up capital

Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by Truthshotcrazy: 6:52pm On Sep 20, 2023
SmartPolician:
Raising money isn't an issue these days but paying back. I wonder how those feeless neobanks intend to repay all the money investors splashed on them.

This table cool
Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by Truthshotcrazy: 6:55pm On Sep 20, 2023
Okortor:
This scam company that disguised as a game play and was even advertised on wazobia FM collectingc #200 per account with max of 20account within 40mins and claiming that player's could win up to 50k with just#200 but Las Las na scam show Ponzi.

Hian! shocked
Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by Truthshotcrazy: 6:57pm On Sep 20, 2023
motionarena:
Everything is Fintech in naija.
Everybody is eyeing your Money

Seems this is d new form of Legalized tech ponzi

Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by franugo(m): 7:15pm On Sep 20, 2023
Ignyte:

I actively used PayDay and the reason was simple. PayDay helped us create dollar accounts so we could receive our foreign payments in dollars.

Shebi UBA dey work as bank account for the 6 different platforms wey I dey work with?

These issues would not exist if the banking system in this country was more favorable to us that work in these conditions

I'm confused...what exactly stopped you from opening uba dollar account and use that for your inflow?
Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by Okoroawusa: 7:55pm On Sep 20, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
Man don cash out
Simple... anyother thing na story story
Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by Lanpe: 7:57pm On Sep 20, 2023
12inchess:
I still find it largely interesting and ignorant for young Nigerians to devout their life savings to these "neo-yahoo yahoo" Fintech startups. There is still prudence in dealing with institutionalized banks like First Bank, GTB, Zenith etc. This Neo-Yahoo Yahoo Fintech startups in Nigeria are largely unregulated and nothing stops the CEO from cashing out with your funds to buy him a mansion in San Francisco while f**king San Francisco b**ches with your life savings. After Invictus Obi, una still never learn. The only Fintech company I even trust a little bit is Piggvest or Piggybank because they are supported by First Bank and the person in charge is from a well known family honorable family in Nigeria. But even Cecilia Ibru of Oceanic last last she still engaged in shady dealings. Anyway na una sabi. Just a word of advice, the day that girl comot for Piggvest make una comot your money from there ooo because enough wolves are already waiting in the sidelines to pounce on your funds.
seeing neo in your comment reminds me neolife , they nearly bleeped up my mental health. I exit that shady business this year march, I am still thanking God. Even tho I paid the price dearly, I nearly carry some courses this session but glory to God
Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by DavidEsq(m): 8:06pm On Sep 20, 2023
Peacemaker5128:

may Favour Ori not labour in vain
May he die a thousand deaths. That yahoo yahoo bastard who duped me
Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by smiliyB(f): 8:16pm On Sep 20, 2023
Panelbeater:
Payday na scammer fintech. My dollars vamoose into the thin air on their Mastercard
Same here cry very annoying company
Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by Cutehector(m): 8:25pm On Sep 20, 2023
These fintechs are just money laundering schemes.
Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by oluwaseyi0: 8:28pm On Sep 20, 2023
motymop:

You get the fraud the so called CEOs are perpetuating
Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by lexy2014: 8:30pm On Sep 20, 2023
nlfpmod:

$3million...the exact amount of cash the first CIA team that went to Afghanistan after 9/11 took with them to lay the groundwork for US invasion (operation jawbreaker).

PayDay is a wack product. Startup that with no direction. Once money enter, e no de come out
Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by phemmyfour: 10:07pm On Sep 20, 2023
FalseProphet1:
The prophecy I got on this matter isn't very clear. Kindly bear with me.

This I have seen nothing.
Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by Ignyte(m): 10:20pm On Sep 20, 2023
franugo:

I'm confused...what exactly stopped you from opening uba dollar account and use that for your inflow?

Lol. They don’t work for the platforms I work on. I get UBA and GT Bank dollar accounts.

Both don’t work.
Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by franugo(m): 12:09am On Sep 21, 2023
Ignyte:

Lol. They don’t work for the platforms I work on. I get UBA and GT Bank dollar accounts.

Both don’t work.

What platform is that if i may ask?
Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by Masterdazhem: 12:27am On Sep 21, 2023
These scammers, not surprised
Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by Westves: 3:04am On Sep 21, 2023
His last name is literally Ori; criminal. Can't really blame him for living up to it
Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by Kobicove(m): 11:07am On Sep 21, 2023
motymop:

The guy is more interested in burning through the money that was brought in by investors instead of focusing on growing the revenue of the company undecided
Re: PayDay To Sell The Company Six Months After $3M Raise by mickoe0102: 12:56pm On Sep 21, 2023
franugo:

What platform is that if i may ask?
Several freelance sites and self publishing sites like Amazon Kdp require US, EU or UK domiciled Bank accounts for payment and the Nigerian bank's domiciliary accounts doesn't meet this criteria so those who earn on these platforms have to resort to these payment platforms like payday and others that provide virtual version of such bank accounts

Beware!!! Mmm Is A Scam. / Made More Than A Million Naira From First Bank Shares! / 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life