Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Kano: We Told Our People There Was Foul Play, We Will Appeal - NNPP - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano: We Told Our People There Was Foul Play, We Will Appeal - NNPP (23686 Views)

NNPCL: We Will Appeal Court's Reinstatement Of Ararume As Non-executive Chairman / APC Primaries: Andy Uba Will Appeal The Judgement – Campaign Organization / We Will Appeal Judgement On Oyetola’s Victory - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano: We Told Our People There Was Foul Play, We Will Appeal - NNPP by nitt: 10:23pm On Sep 20, 2023
justified007:

Who your likeness help ?

Pain Pain Painment tongue
Re: Kano: We Told Our People There Was Foul Play, We Will Appeal - NNPP by sushieater: 10:26pm On Sep 20, 2023
fergie001:

Only stamped, dated ballot papers signed by the PO are counted as valid.

It's in the Electoral Act, yet I feel the tribunal's judgement was perverse, as a re-run should have been decided because the error is not from the Candidate. Again, how do we even tell if the 160k ballot papers were only from the NNPP Candidate.

We will await the judgement though.

garfield1

Saw this on Twitter, it made sense.

Cc garfield1

Re: Kano: We Told Our People There Was Foul Play, We Will Appeal - NNPP by Kukutente23: 10:28pm On Sep 20, 2023
garfield1:

Ballots are supposed to be signed at rac centres by spo or Po before going to polling units.any unsigned or unstamped paper simply means it is not from inec and a product of illegality
Are POs direct INEC or adhoc
That's my take. Voiding votes because an adhoc staff refused to do his job without commensurate punishment for the PO smirks of injustice

1 Like

Re: Kano: We Told Our People There Was Foul Play, We Will Appeal - NNPP by eventainment(m): 10:39pm On Sep 20, 2023
AntiChristian:

A realist.

Things can't go your way all the time...

Too bad. Your reality is relative and not absolute. So in the end you defined a relative truth and assumed it to be the ultimate one and it can't be
Re: Kano: We Told Our People There Was Foul Play, We Will Appeal - NNPP by complexstuffs(m): 10:43pm On Sep 20, 2023
Bringbackmandat:
what concerns me with Obi? If you want to talk about Obi please open a thread about him I believe his fans will reply you, as for me iam not Obi fan.
Please stop making yourself look foolish in a public forum.

Hahahaha
DUMB&STOOPEED OBIDIENTS are beginning to deny their own kind.
Re: Kano: We Told Our People There Was Foul Play, We Will Appeal - NNPP by garfield1: 10:44pm On Sep 20, 2023
fergie001:
They also in their preliminary objections said membership is the domestic affair of a Party and cited the PEPT case.

Still went into the merit of the petition and said he is not a lawful Candidate.

I don't understand!

It's simple na.even though it is an internal party matter, on the merit of it Abba isn't quslified.i think they got confused at this point and muddled things up.
Re: Kano: We Told Our People There Was Foul Play, We Will Appeal - NNPP by garfield1: 10:47pm On Sep 20, 2023
Kukutente23:

Are POs direct INEC or adhoc
That's my take. Voiding votes because an adhoc staff refused to do his job without commensurate punishment for the PO smirks of injustice

It is likely that a party got such ballot papers illegally before the polls because inec usually makes sure that such ballots are signed and stamped ahead of polling
Re: Kano: We Told Our People There Was Foul Play, We Will Appeal - NNPP by fergie001: 10:47pm On Sep 20, 2023
garfield1:
It's simple na.even though it is an internal party matter, on the merit of it Abba isn't quslified.i think they got confused at this point and muddled things up.
The Appeal Court will shoot it down. They would have handled it like the PEPT with Obi.
Re: Kano: We Told Our People There Was Foul Play, We Will Appeal - NNPP by fergie001: 10:50pm On Sep 20, 2023
sushieater:
We will wait for the higher Courts but I don't think it will be an outright victory for anyone.
Re: Kano: We Told Our People There Was Foul Play, We Will Appeal - NNPP by Kukutente23: 10:51pm On Sep 20, 2023
sushieater:

Cc garfield1
Hahaha
You see what I'm saying?
This random dude on the net suddenly knows better than senior advocates
Give him an HoR case and he won't even know where to start from but he's suddenly Afe Babalola because his preferred candidate won
This is how they claimed Ihedioha did not file cross-petition while it later emerged that his lawyers actually did.
Re: Kano: We Told Our People There Was Foul Play, We Will Appeal - NNPP by garfield1: 10:51pm On Sep 20, 2023
fergie001:
The Appeal Court will shoot it down. They would have handled it like the PEPT with Obi.

Exactly.conduct a rerun
Re: Kano: We Told Our People There Was Foul Play, We Will Appeal - NNPP by Kukutente23: 10:54pm On Sep 20, 2023
garfield1:

It is likely that a party got such ballot papers illegally before the polls because inec usually makes sure that such ballots are signed and stamped ahead of polling
And is the party unaware of the provisions of the EA that they didn't deem it fit to sign and stamp the papers even if fake?
Besides, how did they manage to not exceed the accredited voters figure abi dat one no dey important anymore
Re: Kano: We Told Our People There Was Foul Play, We Will Appeal - NNPP by garfield1: 11:01pm On Sep 20, 2023
Kukutente23:

And is the party unaware of the provisions of the EA that they didn't deem it fit to sign and stamp the papers even if fake?
Besides, how did they manage to not exceed the accredited voters figure abi dat one no dey important anymore

Parties that rig are aware of the provisions of the law.the intelligent ones like uzodinma take advantage of the loopholes while others simply rig and exceed the law.another prayer of apc that was granted was non accreditation and overvoting and bvas were tendered to prove this
Re: Kano: We Told Our People There Was Foul Play, We Will Appeal - NNPP by garfield1: 11:03pm On Sep 20, 2023
Kukutente23:

Hahaha
You see what I'm saying?
This random dude on the net suddenly knows better than senior advocates
Give him an HoR case and he won't even know where to start from but he's suddenly Afe Babalola because his preferred candidate won
This is how they claimed Ihedioha did not file cross-petition while it later emerged that his lawyers actually did.

They didn't file a cross petition at the tribunal and the one at the apex was not about the votes but minority judgment
Re: Kano: We Told Our People There Was Foul Play, We Will Appeal - NNPP by membranus: 4:34am On Sep 21, 2023
Kukutente23:

Yeah. I'm sure only APC's lawyers are smart enough to know the law and how to apply it while others are simply dummies.
Come to think of it. How come it's only APC that's usually the beneficiary of cancelled votes and over-voting and they are never caught on the wrong side of it. I'm yet to see any APC candidate especially gov who was booted out of office for rigging votes or ballot box stuffing like this case. APC even had someone who came fourth jump to first on account of valid votes not counted which were rejected by INEC.
It's either APC are so meticulous in their preparations or they've learned to game the system. I mean, consider the probability of finding 166k votes in an election of almost 2m votes in 14 days if you're not already sure of its existence. I mean how many hands you'll need to sort through ballot papers in that time frame between announcement of results and approaching the courts.
In any case, I still wonder if the votes cast does not exceed accredited votes, why you'll invalidate votes just because an adhoc staff did not sign. It smirks of mischief if you ask me and makes a joke of BVAS but what do I know about making laws.

With all your electoral and legal observations here, you are already a Lawyer.

Bravo, our newest Barrister in town.
Re: Kano: We Told Our People There Was Foul Play, We Will Appeal - NNPP by hush15: 9:03am On Sep 21, 2023
maasoap:

Well, at least, you agreed that this one counted unlike many delusional EluuuP family. grin grin grin

How did this one count!
Re: Kano: We Told Our People There Was Foul Play, We Will Appeal - NNPP by maasoap(m): 2:09pm On Sep 21, 2023
hush15:

How did this one count!
It is in your statement I quoted unless you didn't know the meaning of your statement. grin grin grin
Re: Kano: We Told Our People There Was Foul Play, We Will Appeal - NNPP by LarryCork: 11:50am On Sep 28, 2023
Mamijoh:
Don't mind that Abba gida gida.

helo please my uncle is a milionsnaire he loookin for a housemaids who will be pay a cool N25.000 a month with house maid uniform included. U have a shance to make moiney & be proud so please gimmmme for nòmber so I can register u for the house maid job .it will help u so was yor nomba please?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Northern Governors Declare War On Boko Haram / Orsu, Imo Villagers Beg Soldiers To Save Them From ESN And Unknown Gunmen / Lai Mohammed Bags UN Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.