Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,100 members, 7,835,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads (12568 Views)

Traffic Offences: Lagos Reads Riot Act To Okadas And Tricycles Operators / Rivers Lockdown: Port Harcourt Roads In Pictures / You Have 30 Days To Vacate Port-harcourt Roads- Wike Tells Street Traders, Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads by Ikaeniyan0: 6:42pm On Sep 21, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
All I hear is riot ACT. Don't get me wrong, I can't judge Umahi this early but almost all FG roads are in a big mess. You begin dey wonder the outcome of these riot acts.

Ninth Mile Opi, Obollo Otukpa roads is an eyesore. Driving from Lagos to East same and many others. Is anybody seeing the positive outcome of all these media noise?
You can't judge him now, he can't fix all the roads in less than 3 momth

2 Likes

Re: FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads by barinedan(m): 6:44pm On Sep 21, 2023
Oga minister the eleme axis of East West road in Rivers State needs total reconstruction and not remedial work unless you want a situation where you will vote another billions of naira to enrich some people all in the name of doing another remedial work on same road
Re: FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads by MacTayyy: 6:49pm On Sep 21, 2023
Ok
Re: FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads by AmazingELixir: 7:00pm On Sep 21, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
All I hear is riot ACT. Don't get me wrong, I can't judge Umahi this early but almost all FG roads are in a big mess. You begin dey wonder the outcome of these riot acts.

Ninth Mile Opi, Obollo Otukpa roads is an eyesore. Driving from Lagos to East same and many others. Is anybody seeing the positive outcome of all these media noise?

undecided undecided undecided

Are you expecting outcomes in about a 100 days in office.....don't make me seize that China phone from you for posting rubbish..

2 Likes

Re: FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads by saysoo: 7:04pm On Sep 21, 2023
Boldideas:

Umahi was quoted as saying, “ No longer will certificate for payment be generated by one person. The contractor must sign it, resident engineer as well. State controllers, regional controllers, and they will all ensure inspections are done, state Commissioners of Works shall generate work done,prepare the certificate with calculations and geotechnical reports , sketches and valuation,then they will bring it to me , the moment I see that things are working I will sign within 6hours.”

At last, we may have gotten it right this time! All hail Umahi!!! Great Jagaban knows how to pick his onions... Am so happy with the way Umahi is making us see that Fashola was nothing but a disappointment.

Once again, all hail Umahi!!!
Nothing done yet. We are waiting.
Re: FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads by Jennieee4(f): 7:08pm On Sep 21, 2023
Hmm
Re: FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads by RevolverOcelot(m): 7:10pm On Sep 21, 2023
I will soon read the riot act to all these mods on NL cool
Re: FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads by jojothaiv(m): 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2023
Bridget95:
You are a naija youth for real. So if you be one of the contractors, you go do leave Mogadishu since .
Lol!

Babe, no too mind me o, 9ja matter get as e be o.
Re: FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads by worldstevo: 7:30pm On Sep 21, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Oga, the guy just took office a short time ago. How do you expect magic to happen in all those locations in this short time. Did he tell you he will do magic?
Re: FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads by slowice(m): 7:34pm On Sep 21, 2023
Umahi is the man we thought fashola was

1 Like

Re: FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads by obi58: 7:38pm On Sep 21, 2023
loosecanon50:
It is Obvious Dave Umahi didn't come to play as minister of works. He means business.

Talk is cheap.

Until we start seeing the projects completed and done to the highest standards before we will believe.
Re: FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads by Cpumping(m): 7:45pm On Sep 21, 2023
Ofunaofu:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/09/fg-reads-riot-act-to-contractors-handling-abuja-port-harcourt-roads/amp/

Abeg make una tell Dave umahi to visit Edo state. Edo no get any single road, Auchi - ekpoma, by-pass, ologbo axis,. Trucks spend as much as 1 week in a spot on those roads. They even have to contribute money to mend the road somehow so it can be motor able.

1 Like

Re: FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads by KingDamzzy(m): 7:59pm On Sep 21, 2023
Ofunaofu:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/09/fg-reads-riot-act-to-contractors-handling-abuja-port-harcourt-roads/amp/

Babaraji Fashola set a very high standard in this ministry and I am very confident that Dave Umahi will live up to his high achievements and perhaps surpass them.

He has already been up and running.
Re: FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads by Charly68: 8:00pm On Sep 21, 2023
Their work is shoddy shabby
Re: FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads by etrange: 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2023
FG reads the riot act...

Correct your title.
Re: FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:21pm On Sep 21, 2023
Starships4u:
2 weeks to resume or complete

Cos using 2 weeks to complete means a rush work and we all know what that could mean ...

Let make it simple that they should provide palliative roads while the major work is going on, not closing the road totally
Re: FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads by youngsahito(m): 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2023
KingDamzzy:

Babaraji Fashola set a very high standard in this ministry and I am very confident that Dave Umahi will live up to his high achievements and perhaps surpass them.

He has already been up and running.
which stupid achievement did fashola set? Abeg carry ur tribalism talk elsewhere. Fashola that can't fix Lagos- Abeokuta for 8 years.

2 Likes

Re: FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads by Goldymafia: 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2023
Ofunaofu:

it seems this government will favour rivers state and akwa-ibom more than any Niger delta state...
Re: FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads by EmekaA125(m): 10:09pm On Sep 21, 2023
Fashola, a Lawyer serving as Works Minister did a road of damage to our roads. What is not your field is not your field. Buhari na olodo shaa. I expected nothing much from him.
Re: FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads by BALLOSKI: 6:28am On Sep 22, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

He talked about this road when he was hosted on channels TV. It goes through Otukpo to Markurdi to Lafiya - it's been awarded. The Lafiya Makurdi stretch had been fixed.
Re: FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads by NwokoloOwa: 7:09am On Sep 22, 2023
Square peg in square hole. Umahi na very correct guy.
Re: FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads by fastseo: 7:20am On Sep 22, 2023
BoldBrainz:

CCECC is a registered construction company with the CAC and they execute their projects with very proper negotiation channels. Their administrative structure does not give room for sharp practices such as this. They're even more reliable than SETRACO.

I know because I have worked as a member of an FG supervision team meant to liaise with both companies on different projects, one along the Ebonyi-Cross River-Cameroon road corridor and the other along the Cross River-Akwa Ibom-Port Harcourt road corridor.

It is easier to steal under Setraco, than it is to steal under CCECC.

you are very correct.

the 6 billion road they constructed in aba.... not up to 5 kilometres of road is washed off within 3 years..

i began to wonder is this not setraco? how will they agree to inflate price with a criminal governor and still shortchanged the people
Re: FG Reads Riot Act To Contractors Handling Abuja, Port Harcourt Roads by Sk5050: 9:47am On Sep 22, 2023
CooldipoMPS:
shocked

Civil servant are the number one criminal in Nigeria, nobody can steal money without their support or participation
Oil dey your head👍

(1) (2) (Reply)

CAN President Asari Dokubo And Muhammaed Yusuph(boko_haram) In Group Pictures / Talk Of Cabal Running Buhari’s Govt Is A Mere Myth – Tinubu / Osinbajo At Senator Garba's 50th Birthday Celebration In Yola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.