Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Ewa Agonyin - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ewa Agonyin (8659 Views)

Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians / How To Cook Ewa Agoyin / Ewa Agoyin Lovers (how To prepare It) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ewa Agonyin by TheSly: 5:31am On Mar 03, 2008

@ sly
Three cups of beans? which kain stomach you get? cheesy

Yes. . .3cups. . . .I don't joke with food tongue tongue
Na Na na!! even the 3cups will be consumed behind close doors to avoid interruptions from Strangers like Morenike. . tongue
Re: Ewa Agonyin by Nobody: 5:33am On Mar 03, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

Yes. . .3cups. . . .I don't joke with food tongue tongue
Na Na na!! even the 3cups will be consumed behind close doors to avoid interruptions from Strangers like Morenike. . tongue
so when it ocmes to food am now a stranger. . .it's not good o. . .koda at all
Re: Ewa Agonyin by MethodMan3(m): 9:21pm On Jun 12, 2008
yepa
i remember ewa agonyin
wetin man dey do for dis country sef?!na so so burger and chips!
Re: Ewa Agonyin by tpia: 2:26am On Jun 22, 2008
how did i miss this thread?

In the US, mexican refried beans is something like ewa agonyin,though it doesnt quite taste the same.

The difference might be the pepper sauce and the method of cooking. The Nigerian version tastes better, i think.

i tried the canned variety once and didnt like it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refried_beans

http://www.goya.com/english/products/product.html?prodCatID=1&prodSubCatID=3

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070126161913AAxlmvf

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061110192323AAdVIAq

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63691316@N00/377717774/

Re: Ewa Agonyin by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 22, 2008
mennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ive really missed my ewa agonyin sad sad,i remember back then in naija,there is dis woman i used to buy it from 'iya ajuwa' dat women went to the school and technology of agonyin beans embarassed,she s a prof,and wen u try d ewa with fresh agege bread or soaked cold water garri and milk,oh goshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh someone pls help me find out how much i have to pay for a ticket back to naija,im going for agonyin grin grin grin
Re: Ewa Agonyin by MethodMan3(m): 7:58pm On Jun 22, 2008
jennykadry:

mennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ive really missed my ewa agonyin sad sad,i remember back then in naija,there is this woman i used to buy it from 'iya ajuwa' that women went to the school and technology of agonyin beans embarassed,she s a prof,and when u try d ewa with fresh agege bread or soaked cold water garri and milk,oh goshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh someone please help me find out how much i have to pay for a ticket back to naija,im going for agonyin grin grin grin

u no need go naija

e go one place for downtown manhattan wey dem dey sample ewa agonyin

or if u fancy breezing into london, e boku for dalston, east london grin
Re: Ewa Agonyin by wekgod: 3:52pm On Jul 23, 2008
get brown beans in the market popularly called drum. cook to be very soft with water and add salt to taste then mash it with spoon. pour palm oil in the pot and grated pepper with onion(ata rodo) fry it very well add maggi and salt to taste.
the food is ready.
Re: Ewa Agonyin by AmakaOne(f): 10:25am On Jul 24, 2008
Tis is how my mom makes it. Never made it myself,
can't get up that early to cook b'fast  grin

But I like this and it tastes too good

Ingredients

350g black-eyed beans
3 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
3 scotch bonnet chillies
2 Maggi (or stock) cubes
salt and black pepper, to taste

Meanwhile, wash and pick clean the beans and place in a large pot. Cover liberally with water, bring to a boil and cook until almost done (about 40 minutes if the beans are fresh, up to 90 minutes if the beans are old).

When the beans are nearly ready add Palm oil to a pan let it heat up for about 20 mins ( Bleach)
Fry the 1/4 of the onions.
Fry onions until they are darkest brown/burnt.

Blend your tomatoes with chilli and the rest of the onions , then add to this frying onions.

When the beans are almost ready drain them from the pan and add to the fried chilli mixture along with 250ml of their boiling liquid and the Maggi cubes. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for a further 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper

Re: Ewa Agonyin by AmakaOne(f): 3:07pm On Sep 05, 2008
Ingredients

Re: Ewa Agonyin by AmakaOne(f): 3:40pm On Sep 05, 2008
Oops

Re: Ewa Agonyin by Mustay(m): 1:11pm On Sep 06, 2008
Thanks a lot amakone with your graphic decriptions. cool
Re: Ewa Agonyin by Queenisha: 2:56am On Sep 09, 2008
If I be man ,I for chase and marry this amakaone girl.
Her contributions on the food threads are delicious

Amaka I need to come to you for private lessons.
I want my cooking to be just as good as my other wifely skills lipsrsealed
Re: Ewa Agonyin by spikedcylinder: 11:52am On Sep 09, 2008
I hate beans. . . . . eeeewww!!!! undecided undecided

But gosh darn it! Ewa Agoyin, I would go to the ends of the world for!!! With Fresh agege bread and ice cold water. Jeezus! Na die.

Then I sleep like a log of wood right after!!! grin grin
Re: Ewa Agonyin by omoge(f): 6:51pm On Sep 09, 2008
Maggi for Bean?? shocked shocked shocked
cheesy

bean is naturally sweet and tasty. i see no reason why maggi should be added.

Amaka, no give your hubby hbp o too much maggi no good  grin

i once tasted a bean and i asked the cook what she added she said white maggi. i stopped eating her food  wink
Re: Ewa Agonyin by Moyola(f): 3:04pm On Sep 22, 2008
I ruff ewa gohin!!! smiley
Re: Ewa Agonyin by kenypumpin: 1:31pm On Sep 29, 2008
there is nottin beta than hot ewa agonyin and correct agege bread from the bakery and top with chilled water and ice in it. o boy u go get sweet dreams cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ewa Agonyin by thweraja10: 8:10pm On Jan 15, 2015
Palm Oil, Home Fresh

Stew made the traditional way

Even though Nigeria has fallen off its perch as the largest producer of palm oil (we're now 3rd), palm oil stew is not waning in its deliciousness and its popularity.

for Nigerians looking for Palm Oil, Home Fresh in the US, you can get your ingredients here http://www.nigerianfoods.com/products/palm-oil-carotino-0-9

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make Homemade Rich Tea Biscuits (step By Step Guide) / Lagos Arrests Butchers Selling Tuberculosis Infected Beef / What Is The Ideal Christmas Meal Or Combination?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.