Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. (25618 Views)

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me / My Wife Hates Sex And Prefers I Masturbate / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by shantti(m): 7:12pm On Sep 23, 2023
Mindlog:

Dropping something for younger ones according to your capacity, is not entitlement mentality. If Nigerian police pick any of them up, no be the other one go run around abi is their parents with them in the city?

Reality is that time flies so fast, 5 years from now the stupidity of this moments will look so infantile.

What really touched me is this "Before I would come back, he would cook noodles and finish it, washed the pot and everything and keep them clean as though nothing happened. Sometimes he eat outside and come back home and ignore me".......your own blood, your younger sibling goes to bed hungry after trekking back from where he is learning a skill, while you have eaten.....Schizoid Personality Disorder no pass this one o.

Bro am shocked too
This woke culture is being abused.
If my younger one is living with me, I will cater for him cos he is my child.
Imagine the disunity this can cause in the future. Tufia. Op's bro is a disgrace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by shantti(m): 7:16pm On Sep 23, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
Your brother owes you nothing? A direct family doesn't owe you support? Where did this stupid line come from? Where did we learn this? The western life or where exactly?

Am confused too, my broda
Para venture this so called elder broda runs mad, will the op not be the op to cater for him, or will he be left in that state of madness cos your brother owes you nothing
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by JoshTim: 7:19pm On Sep 23, 2023
Gajagojo:

Even if you want you cannot get close to me
Don't assume we belong to the same social class because we are on Nairaland

Lol...arrogant...simple discussion you are mentioning social class. You are a pauper.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by JoshTim: 7:21pm On Sep 23, 2023
Gajagojo:

There are two sides to every story.
Maturity requires that fundamental understanding and ability to see gaps in any emotional story.
So foolish
Shut up

You are such a callous person. Spits. I can't stand your wickedness.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by shantti(m): 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nasri100:

Another nonsense mention maybe you should sit this one out cause you are talking off point!

Let me help you,

The topic is about a younger brother whos feeling entitled to help from his elder brother.

I was only letting the younger brother know the reason he's in this predicament is because his parent failed and his country also failed him. Now he has to be at the mercy of an elder one who is NOT interested in taking up any role in his life.

Visitors? They are not permanent so how's their feeding a problem?

Family? I got an elder brother and if i am planning to live with him for a long time, you best be right i am getting a job so i can help my elder brother PAY HIS GODDAMN BILLS.

And if i cant get a job i would do things that would make my elder one interested in feeding me. HE OWES ME NOTHING!!!

On top food, food oh
Hei God
But if nah your babe, u will gladly feed her Right?

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by shantti(m): 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nasri100:

You mean its your duty to feed someone you are housing?? So i kept someone homeless in my apartment so its automatically my duty to feed the person?

Now tell me whos spewing bullsheet between the both of us.

MUMU

Cc Kobojunkie

If your girlfriend is living with you
Will u feed her?
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2023
JoshTim:

You are such a callous person. Spits. I can't stand your wickedness.

That is a big problem

Your problem

Not mine

I never give a shit about what people think about me

It is their head they can fill it with anything they like
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by purples25(f): 7:36pm On Sep 23, 2023
Though no one should feel entitled, I believe that the elder brother should help, out of kindness.

If I have more than one child, I will do my utmost best to kill sibling rivalry and encourage kindness between them. They must know that all they really have in this world is each other. They must have a very very strong bond forever. Never to embarrass, never to make fun of each other, to always stand by each other and smile while seeing each other succeed...

Your sibling should see you as their precious one in this world, they should care about your feelings and welfare. Even the foreigners we support help their siblings without question, some of them though, not all.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by ibinaboonline: 7:45pm On Sep 23, 2023
Before I would come back, he would cook noodles and finish it, washed the pot and everything and keep them clean as though nothing happened.

May God forgive me for laughing about the bolded. I couldn't help it. I can relate, though. But OP, I have one question for you and you must answer honest: did you tell your brother you were coming? If you did, what did he tell you after you informed him you were coming? Your answer will reveal what's up.
The noodle thing you even mentioned hints at a guy who's struggling to keep body and soul together too. However, he should share whatever little he has with you, but you have to answer the questions I asked.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by ibinaboonline: 7:58pm On Sep 23, 2023
The comments here, unbelievable. What has life done to us? Chai! Is this really the mindset you'all have towards your family members or are you just using the OP to catch cruise? That's your blood brother, damn it. Chai. Unbelievable.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by ibinaboonline: 8:01pm On Sep 23, 2023
Confam. Confam! Confam!!
shantti:

Am confused too, my broda
Para venture this so called elder broda runs mad, will the op not be the op to cater for him, or will he be left in that state of madness cos your brother owes you nothing
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Father4all: 8:03pm On Sep 23, 2023
Openfortruth:

That will mean so much for me. In fact, it will be like you have taken care of me from now till next month. God bless you.

6019 680815, Keystone Bank, Victor Monday
what part of the country are you from?
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by frozen70(f): 8:09pm On Sep 23, 2023
Openfortruth:

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate it but he's not the one I'm hoping to sponsor my school.

Am glad to read this, God will provide a good and dedicated sponsor for you
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by gratefulheart(m): 8:09pm On Sep 23, 2023
Is he your parent?
Someone is housing you and. You're still ungrateful?
Do you know he is surviving?
Better wake up and feed for yourself.

Openfortruth:
I greet you all Nairalanders.

Please permit me to share this thing my brother is doing to me.

As my life was about to become useless in the village, I came to the city to stay with my older brother and learn phone repairs.

My plan is to have this handwork so that when i gain admission, i wont rely totally only on education which has failed many in the country.

But my blood brother I'm staying with is behaving unkind to me as though i am a total stranger to him. Even total strangers deserve better treatment.

I'm only an apprenctice and yet to start making money. Most of the days, i trek to the place and return because I dont have transport.

He leave house first before me and return before me too. Before I would come back, he would cook noodles and finish it, washed the pot and everything and keep them clean as though nothing happened. Sometimes he eat outside and come back home and ignore me.

Except there's another way for me, that is how I would go hungry throughout the night and as early as possible in the morning, he would leave the house without reasoning anything food.

I'm seriously starving. I thought he would share the little he has with me till I also start making money. Is this how a senior brother should behave with the junior one?

He's being unkind to me and now I feel like hiding the Garri I brought from the village from him.

But is this how we should behave as blood brothers?

He can't even be there for me to free from this apprenticeship.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by LivingSage: 8:12pm On Sep 23, 2023
I agree with you. He's very wicked, should be family thing

vikkogg:
I took my time to read all your comments and there's one thing common to them all...."complete lack of sense".

How could an elder brother be comfortable with his younger bro sleeping hungry? If he could do that to his own blood brother, imagine how he'd treat a step brother. Now imagine how he'd treat a total stranger.

And you as a person, MS247, support madness. I pity your family.

I pity your parents, your siblings, your children and your wife. You're just as useless as NOTHING.

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Openfortruth: 8:14pm On Sep 23, 2023
Openfortruth:

This questions too plenty please.

Me: brother, please I'm wasting away here in the village as I'm not doing anything. I want to come to the city to stay with you and learn phone repair, before my admission.

Him: No problem. Come

Look at this @ibinaboonline
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Openfortruth: 8:20pm On Sep 23, 2023
Father4all:
what part of the country are you from?

Ebonyi
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Mypeople2(m): 8:24pm On Sep 23, 2023
Openfortruth:
I greet you all Nairalanders.

Please permit me to share this thing my brother is doing to me.

As my life was about to become useless in the village, I came to the city to stay with my older brother and learn phone repairs.

My plan is to have this handwork so that when i gain admission, i wont rely totally only on education which has failed many in the country.

But my blood brother I'm staying with is behaving unkind to me as though i am a total stranger to him. Even total strangers deserve better treatment.

I'm only an apprenctice and yet to start making money. Most of the days, i trek to the place and return because I dont have transport.

He leave house first before me and return before me too. Before I would come back, he would cook noodles and finish it, washed the pot and everything and keep them clean as though nothing happened. Sometimes he eat outside and come back home and ignore me.

Except there's another way for me, that is how I would go hungry throughout the night and as early as possible in the morning, he would leave the house without reasoning anything food.

I'm seriously starving. I thought he would share the little he has with me till I also start making money. Is this how a senior brother should behave with the junior one?

He's being unkind to me and now I feel like hiding the Garri I brought from the village from him.

But is this how we should behave as blood brothers?

He can't even be there for me to free from this apprenticeship.
My guy I know you feel but do not hide your garri from him.God looks at the heart when he wants to bless ,nor be who first come this world be criteria for God's blessings .Give him your garri to eat, add sugar join am...when you go make am, the thing go loud
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Igbokwechika101(m): 8:38pm On Sep 23, 2023
Bro I feel your pains but as a guy man.you have to look for a paying job.stoped hoping from your brother I don't think it's easy for him
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Snowx: 8:44pm On Sep 23, 2023
majesticguy:
All of you saying entitlement mentality, abeg bone that shit. This is all shades of wrong. Unless the OP did something to his brother which he's not telling us. I go get mind chop clean mouth while my kid bro way no get anything go sleep with empty stomach, mbanu!! untop wetin na? my own blood. This life is nothing ooo.

Even if i'm so poor that it's only garri I can afford, I'd gladly share it with him.

Don't mind some shenanigans here calling it entitlement mentality, if I call them idiots they feel provoked, how can an elder brother be that mean, is he crazy or what?? Mind you I am the first son in my family and I know what and how I give and provide for my family before my immediate younger ones started getting something..OP your brother is a wicked brother if what you just narrated here is true.Bleep those shouting entitlement mentality upadan..spits

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Openfortruth: 8:45pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nasri100:

I will hit you up very soon.

Cheers!

Alright sir. Thank you.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by shantti(m): 9:02pm On Sep 23, 2023
Gajagojo:

Actually girls add value
They get pregnant and have babies

There is no greater value in African culture
If that brother dies today with no kids it is over

This BROTHER sounds like he is ripe for marriage.
That should be his priority not feeding another male adult

What if the girl is barren
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 9:03pm On Sep 23, 2023
shantti:

What if the girl is barren
which girl?
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by rapheal5(m): 9:13pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nazgul:
Your problem with your brother is over familiarity and entitlement mentality. Like someone rightfully pointed out, he doesn't owe you anything, cos he didn't bring you into this world.

If you want your current predicament with him to come to an end, do the following...

1. See him as your oga and see yourself as an apprentice in his shop, stop seeing him as your equal.

2. Call him sir whenever he calls you. And run errands for him without grumbling.

3. Wash his clothes, polish his shoes, clean the house and sweep the shop whenever you get there. Make cleanliness your best friend. A lazy person cannot succeeded as an apprentice.

4. Respectfully beg him for lunch, eg. Good afternoon sir, please I'm hungry. Don't ever call him by his name.
kuku kill the boy, and for Mr ogbono where the boy wan see 1k cook soup and fufu for his yeye brother...Brother wey no get money no con still get good character na unkind person e be...
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Opeyemi4real(m): 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:

This kind of entitlement mentality is very very wrong
You are the one who is wrong here. In fact, you are a wicked human being. I am first out six siblings and i have never done this rubbish you are preaching to any of my younger ones. Sharing with a starving blood brother is not a crime. I have accommodated friends and fed them in the past.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Mrdonadefe: 9:36pm On Sep 23, 2023
DJInfluence:
I respectfully disagree with you. Basically his own blood brother should be treated as God? That's too much. A senior brother should know that even if it's not a must, he should at least cater for his younger one pending when he can fend for himself. It's either a failure of their parent for not instilling the spirit of togetherness in his children or the elder brother is not practicing it if it was. Even if the elder doesn't have enough food or money to go round, he should know there's another human living with him. He should Ask the younger one how he's coping, explain to him that he doesn't have much but they should manage what he has. Not eating and washing plate like nothing happened.

What if the elder brother is killed by a drunk driver, will the younger brother not suceed by himself? I think he should assumed his brother is dead, then his problem will be solved
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Openfortruth: 9:37pm On Sep 23, 2023
Faruq987:
Had similar experience,
send me your acct No. Use the money to prepare delicious food for your elder brother tell him somebody you repaired phone for dashed you money.

Do things to please him:
...wash his clothes
...Iron his clothes
...polish his shoes
...clean the house and toilet

Do those things and he will definitely feel your impact and he will give you money.

Pls don't beg him money for transport or feeding it will provoke him.

After all the things I mentioned above,
Skip work. If he ask you reason you didn't go to work then tell him you are very very broke and you were about to ask him for money but you don't knw how to beg him for it.

Be richly blessed as you do this for me. I will appreciate it so so much.

6019680 815, Keystone Bank, Victor Monday
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Mrdonadefe: 9:42pm On Sep 23, 2023
purples25:
Though no one should feel entitled, I believe that the elder brother should help, out of kindness.

If I have more than one child, I will do my utmost best to kill sibling rivalry and encourage kindness between them. They must know that all they really have in this world is each other. They must have a very very strong bond forever. Never to embarrass, never to make fun of each other, to always stand by each other and smile while seeing each other succeed...

Your sibling should see you as their precious one in this world, they should care about your feelings and welfare. Even the foreigners we support help their siblings without question, some of them though, not all.

If you financially save for both of them till they become adult, there will be no rivary. The problem with Africans is that the parent do not save for their children and expect the eldest to play parent. Listen, if you want to play parent, that is okay but if someone else dont, that is also okay. We all must not think the same.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Mrdonadefe: 9:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
Opeyemi4real:
You are the one who is wrong here. In fact, you are a wicked human being. I am first out six siblings and i have never done this rubbish you are preaching to any of my younger ones. Sharing with a starving blood brother is not a crime. I have accommodated friends and fed them in the past.

Honestly you are the one who is wrong sir, if you have the means to do it then no problem. If a grown man is eating noodles you think he is well to do?. The elder brother wakes up early to go to work, why isnt he asking if there is a space there for him to do part time?.
Their parent Failed them both by not having a future savings for them. They are the wicked ones.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by fobiflex(m): 10:36pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nazgul:
Your problem with your brother is over familiarity and entitlement mentality. Like someone rightfully pointed out, he doesn't owe you anything, cos he didn't bring you into this world.

If you want your current predicament with him to come to an end, do the following...

1. See him as your oga and see yourself as an apprentice in his shop, stop seeing him as your equal.

2. Call him sir whenever he calls you. And run errands for him without grumbling.

3. Wash his clothes, polish his shoes, clean the house and sweep the shop whenever you get there. Make cleanliness your best friend. A lazy person cannot succeeded as an apprentice.

4. Respectfully beg him for lunch, eg. Good afternoon sir, please I'm hungry. Don't ever call him by his name.
Omo ehnn, the way you people reason and talk here, most times baffles me oo, is that you all come from broken homes or what exactly? A younger brother living with his elder brother and y’all are justifying him not taking care of him. I’m the 1st born of my family and I know I don’t have much yet buh my family is always my priority, maybe that’s how I was brought up by my parents and I see it as my responsibility to take care of my younger ones from the little I have
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by fobiflex(m): 10:41pm On Sep 23, 2023
Mrdonadefe:

What if the elder brother is killed by a drunk driver, will the younger brother not suceed by himself? I think he should assumed his brother is dead, then his problem will be solved
Geez, what’s all these here? For real? Are you guys really from a family?
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by SonOfHercules: 10:45pm On Sep 23, 2023
Mypeople2:
My guy I know you feel but do not hide your garri from him.God looks at the heart when he wants to bless ,nor be who first come this world be criteria for God's blessings .Give him your garri to eat, add sugar join am...when you go make am, the thing go loud
Hahaha!! I'vebeen in that situation. He would finish the garri and still starve the young man.
That sh*t can cause depression. Everyone was asking if I'm sick. I hate to remember that stage of my life.

To the op. Pls get a little job. Even if it is 40k, like part time. Cos it isn't gonna stop anytime soon. Try paying some bills and also taking care of your feeding. He may still try to use you, but try to learn the work fast and leave the house. Cos anything you do will trigger more hate.

If you try spending on him without working, he may accuse you of theft. Just make sure you learn fast and leave there.

My case, my step sis had to throw me outta the house. Cos I wasn't giving them all my salary. I started living with someone, I'm now working in an hotel and in 6 months I've saved up to a hundred and still saving.

Just thanking God it didn't turned out as they planned. So abeg try much to leave the place cos it could affect your general wellbeing.

I pray you overcome this sooner than expected.

Shalom

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

"I Have Been Dreaming Of My Mother Recently" - Man Who Lost His Mum Needs Help / Whom To Blame!!! / It Is Wrong For A Woman To Respect Her Husband — Apostle Okose (pics,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.