Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,436 members, 7,864,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:59 AM

The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) (26121 Views)

Fully Loaded Bus Catches Fire On Third Mainland Bridge (Photos) / SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS / Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) by visaclick: 6:07am On Sep 23, 2023
Okay so what did thief nubu built exactly?
Re: The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) by coolcharm(m): 6:14am On Sep 23, 2023
ecolime:

Don't ruin this beautiful thread bro.

It's too early to be drunk. This is just 5am.
Asking for clarification is akin to drunkenness?
You probably should go get checked.
Re: The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 23, 2023
Not bad
Re: The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) by U09ce: 6:35am On Sep 23, 2023
Twale, Baba Naptu
Re: The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) by Caleb15(m): 6:47am On Sep 23, 2023
Ok, have they finished patching up the potholes?
Re: The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) by Jennieee4(f): 6:52am On Sep 23, 2023
Wow
Re: The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) by lexy2014: 7:11am On Sep 23, 2023
IjebuWarrior:
Make Okoro Savages no talk say na dem develop am ooo. grin

But isn't it Tinubu that built the bridge since he is the one that built Lagos and is the architect of modern Lagos?

How come he wasn't mentioned in the discussion?
Re: The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) by Basic123: 7:33am On Sep 23, 2023
lexy2014:

But isn't it Tinubu that built the bridge since he is the one that built Lagos and is the architect of modern Lagos?

How come he wasn't mentioned in the discussion?
He is mentioned in other several post 1999 lagos development

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) by lexy2014: 8:01am On Sep 23, 2023
Basic123:

He is mentioned in other several post 1999 lagos development

Offpoint. You haven't answered my questions.

1. But isn't it Tinubu that built the bridge since he is the one that built Lagos and is the architect of modern Lagos?

2. How come he wasn't mentioned in the discussion?
Re: The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) by happney65: 8:04am On Sep 23, 2023
There is no Nigerian family that doesn't have at least someone living in Lagos. All because of what the federal government of Nigeria has so heavily invested in Lagos.

The FG made Lagos, the commercial nerve centre of Nigeria and West Africa at Large. The biggest infrastructures in Nigeria is situated in Lagos. Anyone noticed the skyscrapers already donning the skies of Lagos during the first inaguration by Shagari? Way back when Nigeria was just twenty years old o..

Yet they will say Tinubu made Lagos?
How?
Where?
When?

grin grin grin grin
Re: The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) by Ikaeniyan0: 8:05am On Sep 23, 2023
Omoawoke2:

There’s a proposal for that already.
They were supposed to start the project after the Lagos rail line
I've been hearing about the start of this project since 2017 or so.

Ambode promise to start the project, Sanwo olu also promise, we will see if he will start the project or not
Re: The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) by NoToPile: 8:05am On Sep 23, 2023
Naptu2 and his threads always informative.

I salute sir
Re: The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) by obiekunie01: 8:17am On Sep 23, 2023
IjebuWarrior:
Make Okoro Savages no talk say na dem develop am ooo. grin

no na!

NA TILUMBU BUILD LAGOS!

.IDIOT. .BAT.STARDS!;
Re: The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) by jossytech(m): 8:26am On Sep 23, 2023
This are real builder of Lagos, best infrastructure Nigeria has are from military, Democracy is gather of vultures and robbers
Re: The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) by greypencils: 9:19am On Sep 23, 2023
That was how we then introduced the Development Levy, it was for the Third Mainland Project mainly. That was when Gani Fawehinmi took me to court. I was not bothered because I knew we were doing something that will benefit majority of Lagosians.

They were still complaining. I just kept quiet, I went to the Army Engineers, I think Ihejerika was in charge of the Army Engineers, I told them I want that place cleared for the road in 24 hours. I told them that they should clear everything on the path of the bridge on the weekend, so that they cannot go to court and stop us

This is a man after my heart. Do what is necessary, take me to court later. As long as my intentions are good, your opinions be damned.

1 Like

Re: The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) by Rebelutionary: 9:21am On Sep 23, 2023
naptu2:
Brigadier Raji Alagbe Rasaki was military governor of Lagos State from July 1988 till January 1992.

http://www.ovationinternational.com/brigadier-general-raji-rasaki-rtd/
@naptu2 thank you for your very educative threads. You are a constant reminder of what Nairaland used to be.

...that is the difference between the civilian and military government. We do not care about re-election, we just get the job done.

This is the big takeaway from what he said. Today it's from one beaurocratic bottleneck/lawsuits to another before a project achieves completion!

1 Like

Re: The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) by Rebelutionary: 9:26am On Sep 23, 2023
coolcharm:

Asking for clarification is akin to drunkenness?
You probably should go get checked.
Some of you just dont know when to stop abegii! Not on an informative thread like this biko.

1 Like

Re: The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) by JetApartment: 9:37am On Sep 23, 2023
naptu2:
The conception and construction of the Third Mainland Bridge (videos, photos and memories).

The Third Mainland Bridge is the longest of the three road bridges that connect Lagos Island with the Mainland. It was the longest bridge in Africa from 1990 till 1996 when the 6th October Bridge located in Cairo was completed.

This thread features accounts by the governors who were at the heart of the conception and construction of the bridge, videos of the commissioning of the first and second phases of the bridge and the renaming of a part of the bridge and memories of the situation in Lagos when the bridge was under construction.

Its a big fat lie, Tinubu built Lagos - Agbadorian grin grin grin

Re: The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) by AmazingELixir: 9:44am On Sep 23, 2023
grin grin grin

"They were still complaining. I just kept quiet, I went to the Army Engineers, I think Ihejerika was in charge of the Army Engineers, I told them I want that place cleared for the road in 24 hours. I told them that they should clear everything on the path of the bridge on the weekend, so that they cannot go to court and stop us. Fadayomi was my Commissioner of Justice and Baba (Teslim) Elias was with us, I also went to Rotimi Williams, they said start the operation by Friday and before they can go to court on Monday, you have completed your operation. I loved that idea."

Cartel M.O has been in governance longtime....even lawyers aid in exploiting the loopholes and circumventing the system....see advice straight from hell nau grin

Moral of this story is that atimes it takes strongmen with sprinkling of inner evil to get things done.

2 Likes

Re: The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) by oyeb15: 10:01am On Sep 23, 2023
Tinubu and his gang would have use 50 years to construct this and it won't have lasted 10years before collapsing.

Politicians are bunch of indisciplined theives.
Re: The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) by scutches(m): 10:01am On Sep 23, 2023
JohnnA1:
We need a 4th Mainland Bridge already, and by the grace of God we will have it.

Olodumare continue to bless the South West.

God bless Nigeria.

Amen...
Amen

1 Like

Re: The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) by Horus(m): 12:59pm On Sep 23, 2023

Re: The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) by eepeepook: 2:56pm On Sep 23, 2023
Construct a shrine and start worshipping it at this point. Mscheew. People are meant to look forward, una dey look backward.
Re: The Conception And Construction Of The Third Mainland Bridge (Videos & Photos) by BALLOSKI: 7:13am On Sep 24, 2023
I'd read this later.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Trailer Crushes Police Vehicle On Aba-Owerri Road (Photos) / Canada Cautions Nigerians Against Rumoured Visa Lottery / Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.