Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,832 members, 7,831,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada (25151 Views)

Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice / James & John Ugwuoke: Conjoined Twins After Surgery Involving 22 Indian Doctors / 2 Indian Doctors Arguing During Operation, Video Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by omoadeleye(m): 5:29pm On Sep 23, 2023
So what should we do now?

We should carry our youths to go and protest in UK?
Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by GUNITGuy: 5:33pm On Sep 23, 2023
Canada has one of the most stringent condition in getting entry into their medical field ...You would have to go back to their school to practice as a Nigerian...Even if you are a consultant or fresher

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by IJEYdiamond(f): 5:33pm On Sep 23, 2023
Rubyjade:
Leave Nigeria while you can, it not getting any better. Let stop deceiving ourselves. If you are in your 20's the time is now to leave Nigeria. I don talk my own

If you studied Physics as a course you can travel to the UK by January next year if you are interested in teaching Physics.

The UK is looking for Physics Teachers. Whether you studied it under Education or normal BSc. You can apply.

The UK 🇬🇧 government needs trainee Language and Physics teachers and offering £10k relocation allowance.

The payment will cover visa, IHS, etc.

Application opens in September.

This link explains it all:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/international-relocation-payments/international-relocation-payments

Canada inko?.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by soccerlite: 5:34pm On Sep 23, 2023
BrickDevo:
So $1000 is now 1million naira, what a wasted country 😢

$1000 is 1335655.00 Korean won

But you know the difference

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by ppogba: 5:35pm On Sep 23, 2023
NLegendforte:
I thought we were told that Nigerian medical schools produces quality professionals.

Your comment does not nullify or change the fact that Nigerian Medical schools produce quality proffessionals.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by hammed71(m): 5:36pm On Sep 23, 2023
IJEYdiamond:

Canada inko?.
I dont get the hype about canada
Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by fabolouz1(m): 5:36pm On Sep 23, 2023
Are Nigerian doctors the only one seeking greener pastures abroad?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by bitbillionaire: 5:40pm On Sep 23, 2023
India na your mate? Those guys are far ahead of most 3rd world countries in science and tech

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by Alliswell248: 5:41pm On Sep 23, 2023
Yobabad:
It seems the name Nigeria now irretate other countries , even members of YMM ( Yoruba Muslims miscreants) knew this

Even a fool is regarded sometimes wise if he keep his mouth shut..
Learn to keep shut if you don't have something sensible to say.
Imagine for a second that NL is like Twitter or FB.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by BabaHenry(m): 5:44pm On Sep 23, 2023
AntiChristian:
We are moving closer!

We have a capable minister!

We have a willing president!

And most importantly with God on our side!

Nigeria will be great and the naysayers will left behind!

Mad man
Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by motymop: 5:44pm On Sep 23, 2023
AllenSpencer:
Even in IT, Indians are prioritized, and truth be told, those guys know it!

You mean they know it by nepotism and favoritism.

They keep employing themselves even if they dont know the job...majority of Indians you see in tech in America isnt because they know but because of nepotism.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by grandstar(m): 5:44pm On Sep 23, 2023
Our nurses full London. In one hospital alone, I counted 3, and that just part of a floor. That was Westminster & Chelsea around Fulham, not far from the football club. That hospital is gigantic.

Did you know that UCH was the third best hospital in the Commonwealth when it opened?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by Gooding55(m): 5:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
NLegendforte:
I thought we were told that Nigerian medical schools produces quality professionals.
Most of them use Google to diagnose and prescribe medication. I have seen a couple of them do that and I wonder why am I in the hospital.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 5:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
Bigot lipsrsealed
Yobabad:
It seems the name Nigeria now irretate other countries , even members of YMM ( Yoruba Muslims miscreants) knew this
Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by Altern8tor: 5:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
AntiChristian:
We are moving closer!

We have a capable minister!

We have a willing president!

And most importantly with God on our side!

Nigeria will be great and the naysayers will left behind!
Antichrist believes in God😎 wonderful 🥺
Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by Litmus: 5:52pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nigeria doctors are better than India doctors . Nigerians are ignorant of the Racist politics of the Model Minority/. Africa Americans suffer the same crabs in a barrel mentality that afflict Africa but not Nigerians.

Above is the short synopsis of a reality that i well understand but of which Nigerians are currently ignorant.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by AntiChristian: 5:55pm On Sep 23, 2023
Altern8tor:

God doesn't only mean the Christian God!

Don't be ignorant!
Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by teadrake(m): 5:57pm On Sep 23, 2023
NLegendforte:
For the avoidance of doubt, this is true. However, such a feat require some interventions.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by BigIyanga: 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2023
NLegendforte:
Beer parlour stories and lies. Jamaica, Grenada and Barbados produce and send more doctors to US who pass USMLE once and get matched.

It’s hard if not impossible for Naija-trained doctors to take USMLE once and pass.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by AllenSpencer: 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2023
motymop:

You mean they know it by nepotism and favoritism.

They keep employing themselves even if they dont know the job...majority of Indians you see in tech in America isnt because they know but because of nepotism.

I disagree. Indians know it. Nigerians even go medical tourism to same India. Talk about getting one of the best hands-on IT training, you will still make it to india.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 6:00pm On Sep 23, 2023
That's because the "God" he believes in is not christ whom you call your god
Altern8tor:

Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by Gajagojo: 6:01pm On Sep 23, 2023
What does this mean in practice that Indian doctors won't take USMLE?

Sounds like fake news

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:02pm On Sep 23, 2023
Isobug:
We are coming...... they won't say no at my expertise
Coming where? With leaders that are murdering education standards!
Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:10pm On Sep 23, 2023
soccerlite:

SEOUL -- South Korea will raise its nationwide minimum wage for 2024 by 2.5% to 9,860 won ($7.80) per hour, enough to surpass Tokyo's minimum wage under current exchange rates. A 9,860 won minimum wage converts to 1,086 yen ($7.83)

See your Life? 😾😡 See how you are using your full chest to defend devil.

The minimum wage has been set at 9,860 won (US$7.80), resulting in a monthly salary of nearly 2.07 million won (US$1,638) for employees.

Remind us your minimum wage again? $35? Abi N30,000.

Kontinu
Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by Litmus: 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2023
America is only in the last 2 decades learning from the Brits. The Indians on Niaraland know what i mean, Nigerians and blacks are ignorant of it.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by ogbonti: 6:14pm On Sep 23, 2023
NLegendforte:

with this Tinubu saga - na toilet naija doctors go dey wash for US very soon because na eye of forgery dem go take dey look our credentials

since we all have accepted to be mad in this country and we see certificate and credentials forgery by our number one citizen as normal because of religious and tribal considerations- let’s all suffer it together

ona never see anything - by the time Tinubu is done with Nigeria with his character issues - The Nigerian judiciary and educational system will be non existent in the eyes of the world and corruption, forgery, propaganda, perjury, agberoism and nepotism will be official state policies of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 🇳🇬

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by InvertedHammer: 6:26pm On Sep 23, 2023
/
An average US medical doctor carries about $300k in student loans on graduation. You come from another country with zero debts and don't expect there will be gatekeeping beyond certificates? Bad belle dey.

You need retraining too to shed the toga of incompetence and dearth of professionalism programmed in Nigerian brains. The transition from demigod to service delivery is a Herculean task for many Nigerian doctors. Malpractice lawsuits are waiting and someone has to pay premiums. " Let God judge" is not part of the curricula.

/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by BrickDevo: 6:32pm On Sep 23, 2023
soccerlite:

Bro south Korea is one of the best economy in the world, and not an import based country, you can't compare them to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by TakeNigeriaBack: 6:33pm On Sep 23, 2023
Funny thing is: The Indians rejected European lifestyle and religion aka Christianity. They embraced their Indian culture and traditional religion. While the Nigerians embraced European lifestyle and Christianity. Nigerians abandoned their own traditional religion.

Guess who's more respected by the Americans and Europeans? The Indians NOT the Nigerians. When you show your oppressors that you're stupid and foolish, they will never respect you. It is also the same reason why the Indians (that many foolish Nigerians will refer to as Idol worshippers) have a functioning technological system that has landed a craft on the moon's pole, and Nigeria that worships white Jesus and Arab Mohammed/Allah can hardly produce tooth pick.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by saysoo: 6:33pm On Sep 23, 2023
PublicHealthNig:

Source: https://www.publichealth.com.ng/nigeria-trained-doctors-wait-as-indian-doctors-receive-approval-to-practice-in-us-canada-australia/
Nigerian medical Doctors are syringe and drugs. Indian Doctors are scientist and Inventors.
Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by Harnny(m): 6:38pm On Sep 23, 2023
AllenSpencer:
Even in IT, Indians are prioritized, and truth be told, those guys know it!
bros...they have exceptional guys. So do we. They have quacks ... so do we.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada by HBB1(m): 6:43pm On Sep 23, 2023
BigIyanga:

Beer parlour stories and lies. Jamaica, Grenada and Barbados produce and send doctors to US who pass USMLE once and get matched.

It’s hard if not impossible for Naija-trained doctors to take USMLE once and pass.

🤣

Guess you are just a pained hater.

Some of these Carribean medical schools have an affiliation with US Hospitals, so their Students go for clinical attachments.

Simple things like these, count in you gettin matched or not.

You say Nigerians can't pass USMLE?

🤣

How come there are thousands of Nigerian Drs there then?

How come I can count at least 10 people I know working in the US?

Hater!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Reasons Why You Need Braces / 6 Surprising Signs Your Eyes Reveals About Your Health / *UPDATE* My Mother's Leg After One Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.