Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? (14739 Views)

My 5 yr old Cousin Behaves like Ancestor / A 70-year-old Man Is Madly In Love And Obsessed With Me. / US Woman Reunites With Daughter 70 Years After She Was Told She Died In Labour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Coming125(m): 6:36pm On Sep 24, 2023
When a 70 yrs old man behaves very foolishly, someone old enough to be your father, what do you do? How do you handle it as an adult? You as an adult of say 35-47yrs. Some 70, 75 yrs old men and women behave very foolishly, very irresponsible, very cunning, very dishonest, very deceitful, trying to cheat you, to manipulate you, trying to use their old age to manipulate you or to intimidate you, etc.

The level of crime and immorality in our society is too much. Even old men are not spared anymore. If I continue to write I will spend the whole day writing. Let me just stop here.

What do you think?

14 Likes

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Onucs(m): 6:38pm On Sep 24, 2023
You go cut cane nah grin

12 Likes

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Herkim(m): 6:40pm On Sep 24, 2023
Sincerely , you need to address the issue with emotional intelligence, so that the old man can realized his mistakes.

You can also report him to the elderly ones in your community to talk him.

Please note do not disrespect him.

Thank you

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Bliss24: 6:46pm On Sep 24, 2023
cool

The phrase "a fool at 40 is a fool forever" was coined because of some old people

Whatever attitude you master from 18 to 39 becomes who you are for life

18 Likes

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On Sep 24, 2023
Coming125:
When a 70 yrs old man behaves very foolishly, someone old enough to be your father, what do you do? How do you handle it as an adult? You as an adult of say 35-47yrs. Some 70, 75 yrs old men and women behave very foolishly, very irresponsible, very cunning, very dishonest, very deceitful, trying to cheat you, to manipulate you, trying to use their old age to manipulate you or to intimidate you, etc.

The level of crime and immorality in our society is too much. Even old men are not spared anymore. If I continue to write I will spend the whole day writing. Let me just stop here. What do you think?
What has age to do with anything? So long as a crime is committed, report the crime and let the authorities handle it according to the Law. undecided

10 Likes

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Kobojunkie: 6:49pm On Sep 24, 2023
Herkim:
Sincerely , you need to address the issue with emotional intelligence, so that the old man can realized his mistakes. You can also report him to the elderly ones in your community to talk him. Please note do not disrespect him. Thank you
You want him to turn teacher to a man older than himself and supposed to be less ignorant than he is? Na reason why dem go dey use age as excuse to dupe una left and right. undecided

2 Likes

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by wis3(m): 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2023
There's always to option to ignore some things, act like they're not even in your presence. Not responding to some things is in itself a very strong response.

4 Likes

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by LikeAking: 7:05pm On Sep 24, 2023
U tear dem very hot slap..
Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Day169: 7:07pm On Sep 24, 2023
Coming125:

The level of crime and immorality in our society is too much. Even old men are not spared anymore. If I continue to write I will spend the whole day writing. Let me just stop here.

What do you think?

RoyalRoy
Seun
Lalasticlala
OAM4J
nlfpmod
Dominque
All mods

You may've to provide a little more detail on the situation but generally speaking, the situation in our society today occasioned by your story of dishonesty and recent suicidal acts by our septugenarians stems from a toxic mix of extreme poverty and moral decadence from successive years of bad leadership.
.. in other words, 'everytin don spoil'! angry

4 Likes

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Coming125(m): 7:20pm On Sep 24, 2023
Day169:

You may've to provide a little more detail on the situation but generally speaking, the situation in our society today occasioned by your story of dishonesty and recent suicidal acts by our septugenarians stems from a toxic mix of extreme poverty and moral decadence from successive years of bad leadership.
.. in other words, 'everytin don spoil'! angry

Thank you jare my brother. You're right. It is well. Things go betta sha..... I believe.

1 Like

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by phorget(m): 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2023
Stupid people do grow old too, not every older person is wise. Been old doesn't mean you'll automatically inherit wisdom.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Sep 24, 2023
wis3:
There's always to option to ignore some things, act like they're not even in your presence. Not responding to some things is in itself a very strong response.
Rubbish! undecided

If a crime has been committed it is always best to report it. A Baba going to jail for a crime he committed is a stronger response to crime than any other because not only his children but his grandchildren and all his peers will hear of it and maybe inform their own families of it. undecided

4 Likes

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Coming125(m): 7:39pm On Sep 24, 2023
Seriously.... 😐
Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by wis3(m): 8:52pm On Sep 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Rubbish! undecided

If a crime has been committed it is always best to report it. A Baba going to jail for a crime he committed is a stronger response to crime than any other because not only his children but his grandchildren and all his peers will hear of it and maybe inform their own families of it. undecided
Im just saying; not everything needs a response. Life's really that simple. You can always not respond to certain things and everyone's happy.

2 Likes

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Kobojunkie: 8:57pm On Sep 24, 2023
wis3:
Im just saying; not everything needs a response. Life's really that simple. You can always not respond to certain things and everyone's happy.
Bullcrap... a crime is a crime--- particularly crimes of the morally bankrupt kind which negatively impact others ---- and needs to be dealt with harshly. It is only way to curb it as it ought to be. undecided

2 Likes

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Little21: 9:14pm On Sep 24, 2023
You can't blame them, that's how they have been since they were young, so they ought to behave the same way till death. If any elderly person man/woman do anything wrong, or think he/she can intimidate you, just treat the case like you will treat any other person, that tries it with you. Age is aside. If they do anything wrong, they pay the price.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by pansophist(m): 9:40pm On Sep 24, 2023
Respect based on age is only sustained when the subject is deserving of respect based on competence. If after first interactions, they show no signs of deserving respect, then it is fair not to respect them even if they are as old as Methuselah.

Just as Gucci has less value when a dog wears it, it is the same with respect. When you respect a person who doesn't deserve respect, you´ve given pearls to a swine.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Coming125(m): 10:06pm On Sep 24, 2023
Waooo
Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by jamesversion: 1:00am On Sep 25, 2023
Ask Asari Dokubo. undecided
Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Mindlog: 7:23am On Sep 25, 2023
I will handle it the same way I will handle it when it is done by someone in their 30s, unless the elderly person has been clinically assessed to be dealing with some form of cognitive decline that is impairing sound judgement. I have worked in a service that had made sure that guilty persons in their 70s and 80s, spend the rest of their lives in prison.

Na unmerited respect they enable rubbish behaviour. Can't forget one useless grandfather I watched on a Nigerian Youtube channel that is also a radio programme, the useless grandfather has been having sex with his granddaughter who he has procured about 4 abortions for, the delighter and granddaughter were also in the studio. He was prostrating saying it was the handwork of the devil and should be forgiven.......I am yet to read the story that he was arrested.

4 Likes

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Coming125(m): 8:59am On Sep 25, 2023
Truly, not everything needs a response.

1 Like

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by DyingFetus: 11:47am On Sep 25, 2023
Give am correct head bump
Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2023
Herkim:
Sincerely , you need to address the issue with emotional intelligence, so that the old man can realized his mistakes.

You can also report him to the elderly ones in your community to talk him.

Please note do not disrespect him.

Thank you
END OF THREAD.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by lovinguszz: 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2023
Lol.
You no get respect oh. grin
Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by tojahh(m): 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by DamnnNiggarr: 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2023
cool
Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2023
Haaaaaaaaa shocked

70 years old man ..........

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Triangles1(m): 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2023
When we're getting old, the more we become childish.

Exercise patience with him and give him more honey to take.
Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by Soylife(m): 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2023
I once experienced when an old man was encouraging a young guy to do anything to make money. He was even telling the guy to go and learn yahoo from big boys in the neighbourhood. Some weeks later police came around to pick some of the boys. That same man was around and started castigating the yahoo boys that what they are doing is wrong, that the police should arrest them. I was just like see big hypocrite.
Nowadays I respect people based on their behavior and reasoning.
I just published my book(Futo na War) on okadabooks. It is a story about my experience in school.
Link on my signature...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by CaveAdullam: 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2023
1. When you observe such an attitude, go low and pretend for some time. Not exposing all your flanks though.

This ensures that deceitful people play all their cards while you take note of their actions, strengths, and weaknesses. Once you've got a good grasp about them switch the sides of the table and engage them.

This gives you more evidence once you start throwing spears or wielding your sword in the arena.

It also grants you the privilege of knowing if they are operating from a place of foolishness, ignorance, or maliciousness.

2. No need to advise them. Adults hardly change their behaviors.

Mirror your opponents and they'll fear you.

Don't nag and complain. Don't try to reason with them. Mirror their actions.

If you're too timid to do so, stay aloof from them. Cut ties with them.

Thanks.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A 70 Years Old Man Behaves Foolishly, How Do You Handle It? by MorataFC: 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2023
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Do I Choose; Marriage Or Job? / Please Help!! My Dad Passed Away. Please How Do I Overcome The Pains? / Can You Be A Full Time House Husband!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.