Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road (34276 Views)

Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway, A Death Trap (photos) / 2 Persons Die In A Fatal Accident On Enugu-Port-Harcourt Express Road (Graphic) / Returnees From Enugu, Port-Harcourt Test Positive For COVID-19 In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by spyder880(m): 9:42pm On Sep 25, 2023
Alpharey:

Wow, that's some beautiful project you are doing here. Please always contact us for your tiles and bricks @Building materials market Ogidi Anambra State

I will be in the building materials market at Ogidi tomorrow.
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Alpharey: 9:45pm On Sep 25, 2023
GeneralPula:

So Pdp did not make Alaigbo Eldorado for more than 20years of slaving..

Damn! What exactly did Pdp now do for SE as a whole?

Ohh less I forget, they were giving SE senate presidency ticket back to back grin

Close that dirty teeth you are shining. We are holding the government accountable not minding whether it is Pdp or Sdp or even Apc.

2 Likes

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Alpharey: 9:47pm On Sep 25, 2023
spyder880:

I will be in the building materials market at Ogidi tomorrow.

Pls try and contact me. I can drop my numbers. It's a business no and public
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Kobojunkiee: 9:53pm On Sep 25, 2023
spyder880:
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

2023, Which way Nigeria? undecided

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by spyder880(m): 10:02pm On Sep 25, 2023
Alpharey:

Pls try and contact me. I can drop my numbers. It's a business no and public

Send a message to me on WhatsApp 080 333 50 750. Thanks.
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by COMPAQ(m): 10:08pm On Sep 25, 2023
Unbiased1:
If the Federal Government cannot maintain or reconstruct any of their existing infrastructure in the East, why not allow the East reduce their remittance to the federal government and use that money to work on all infrastructure in the East? Most of the horrible infrastructure projects in the East are federal government infrastructure. undecided

LOL, which remittance to the FG? Aren't all states going to Abuja to collect allocation?

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Alpharey: 10:14pm On Sep 25, 2023
spyder880:

Send a message to me on WhatsApp 080 333 50 750. Thanks.

Ok, thanks
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Reference(m): 10:14pm On Sep 25, 2023
Jorussia:
The question i ask myself since umahi started inspecting federal roads is what did pmb achieve in terms of road construction with all the reckless borrowings? I thought it was only Edo state that had terrible federal roads until umahi started going round.I think we need to pass a legislation that from henceforth, minister of works must be civil and construction engineer with more than 10 years practice experience.

In looking for what to sing about that reckless government and justify the economic calamity brought upon this country by financial recklessness of unprecedented order, fans and fanatics alike claimed 'infrastructure' to be the root, branch and fruit of it all.

Every passing day this is proven to be no more than smoke and mirrors.
Endless borrowings, Abacha loot, and tax/tariff rises throughput the regime yet.......
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Osoboshi: 10:14pm On Sep 25, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

It’s erosion, have you ever heard of erosion in the north?
don't know what point you are trying to make but yes, erosion exist in the north
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by TheBillyonaire: 10:27pm On Sep 25, 2023
I hope there is alternative roads for people to move, otherwise we should all conttribute money and build our roads and chase the tax collectors with guns and cutlasses when they come.

Seems we do not need a Government
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Bluntemperor: 10:39pm On Sep 25, 2023
Jessyjeff:
That's the bridge at the place Hausa people sell foodstuffs and livestock, before Hariz filling station.

That road and bridge was constructed between 1978 and 1979, and typically of Nigeria's federal government, nobody would care to inspect the bridge for any damages until it comes to this present situation.

God bless you and thank you for digging deep into the years of the Bridge and the information,bro.
-The same for many Roads :-
e g The Ikorodu Agbowa-Ejirin Road -was built around 70& 80s but is now a Shadow of itself!
• Hon .Umahi,please come and see something here- it's death trap and the People here are really Suffering on daily basis.
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by stasius: 10:44pm On Sep 25, 2023
The gridlock in new Haven na die!

These people will scatter nza Road with heavy duty vehicles oooh.
The government should act fast to fix the road!
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by fineberry(m): 10:55pm On Sep 25, 2023
Sometimes I just ask myself if bridges and the like we're actually meant to last forever,. Asin forever.
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Taal17: 11:02pm On Sep 25, 2023
spyder880:
May attach a video
Road and bridge collapse is a state of emergency in SE.

Regionally governors and state ministry of works need to meet and regulate how bridges are built. What's the point of being a federation if states can't work on what is in their region/state.

It's already a known erosion prone area.
C'mon this is 2023 construction has solutions for this.
Politics should not come into what provides economic benefit for millions.
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Taal17: 11:05pm On Sep 25, 2023
Where were the alarm bells
What were ministry folk doing
The tech colleges in the east,
COREN, geologists

Newspapers,news outlets letting people know bridges that were inevitably going to collapse
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by ericmor: 11:18pm On Sep 25, 2023
why is everything about naira collapsing these days self. the bridge still has to be between a place called naira. naira don really suffer
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by SonofGod231: 11:19pm On Sep 25, 2023
spyder880:

There is a straight double lane expressway that started at this point and terminates at Mile 1, Diobu, Port Harcourt.
Whoa and i've driven to enugu twice this year without knowing.
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Ten06(m): 11:23pm On Sep 25, 2023
rohangold:

Idiot!!! Aba bridge better pass am
This one pain you seriously
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Ceska(f): 11:43pm On Sep 25, 2023
This bridge have been there long before I was born in the mid 80's. We lack maintenance culture in this part of the world
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Chekwume16(m): 3:42am On Sep 26, 2023
Easterners always playing the victim. Is there any part of Nigeria not experiencing infrastructural decay. Have you gone to edo state. Travel from edo to abuja. Have u gone to east west road. From warri to akwa ibom. What are you people contributing to the federal purse compared to all these areas. Its a Nigerian problem. Stop making it look like the east is always second class to others.
Unbiased1:
If the Federal Government cannot maintain or reconstruct any of their existing infrastructure in the East, why not allow the East reduce their remittance to the federal government and use that money to work on all infrastructure in the East? Most of the horrible infrastructure projects in the East are federal government infrastructure. undecided
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Rolings: 4:15am On Sep 26, 2023
Jorussia:
The question i ask myself since umahi started inspecting federal roads is what did pmb achieve in terms of road construction with all the reckless borrowings?I thought it was only Edo state that had terrible federal roads until umahi started going round.I think we need to pass a legislation that from henceforth, minister of works must be civil and construction engineer with more than 10 years practice experience.

Our infrastructural deficit is huge so it will take a deliberate effort and money to have a semblance of good infrastructure.
And our maintenance culture is BAD
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by GodisFirst: 4:26am On Sep 26, 2023
NOC1:

Must you bring ethinic propaganda to this

He is just describing the location of the collapsed bridge which is correct by what he wrote. There is no ethnic propaganda or sentiment.
The problem here is your mindset.
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by franugo(m): 4:37am On Sep 26, 2023
NOC1:

Must you bring ethinic propaganda to this

Where's the ethnic propaganda in the comment you quoted?
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Againstallodds: 6:32am On Sep 26, 2023
Unbiased1:
Better to even allow the east have a different country. The east is a small space and we can easily maintain our infrastructure by ourselves if we have our own country.
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by fawaz050(m): 7:58am On Sep 26, 2023
spyder880:
I just passed this bridge some moments before this happened.

Thank God for life brother

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Kepukepu: 9:27am On Sep 26, 2023
jahsharon:
Igbos are not concerned about that, what concerns them is that Tinubu is stealing Lagos money
it's a federal road, this is why igbos don't like to be in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Unbiased1: 2:58pm On Sep 26, 2023
Chekwume16:
Easterners always playing the victim. Is there any part of Nigeria not experiencing infrastructural decay. Have you gone to edo state. Travel from edo to abuja. Have u gone to east west road. From warri to akwa ibom. What are you people contributing to the federal purse compared to all these areas. Its a Nigerian problem. Stop making it look like the east is always second class to others.

That one is your problem. If you are comfortable with rubbish in Edo and Abuja, we are not comfortable with that in the East so keep your mediocrity to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Unbiased1: 3:00pm On Sep 26, 2023
MICHEALADEX:

The one obi made from the east and took offshore to evade tax should should be recorded in whose account

So it is a crime if I move my personal funds to a country that has little to no taxation? Is Peter Obi the federal government?

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Unbiased1: 3:03pm On Sep 26, 2023
dinkyicon:
so what happened to state government

So it is normal for the federal government to build the Lagos - Ibadan expressway, the federal roads in the Niger state, the ones between Abuja and Kaduna and even add rail lines like the Lagos - Ibadan - Kano rail, Abuja to Kaduna rail but it becomes the work of the state government to build the federal infrastructure once it concerns the East abi undecided
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by kengodson: 3:03pm On Sep 26, 2023
I been dey blow speed dey go for night
But Omo
God bless for brakes
As I no recall going down a rapid steep slop before naira triangle grin grin

Na the following morning I hear say bridge collapse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by kengodson: 3:08pm On Sep 26, 2023
Another bridge Enugu Govt should go visit na the bridge connecting air force base and agbakpa along Enugu Anambra express and transekullu flyover
Omo those bridges belike London bridge is falling

Omo no suprise say you do mistake enter ditch on top speed for night
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Chekwume16(m): 4:13pm On Sep 26, 2023
You are not comfortable with it and yet you guys have had the worst leaders in Nigeria in recent years.quote author=Unbiased1 post=126032791]

That one is your problem. If you are comfortable with rubbish in Edo and Abuja, we are not comfortable with that in the East so keep your mediocrity to yourself.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

First Beam Launched On Suru Alaba Interchange Into Festac. / FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion / Shoot Us- Nigerians Shout As They Clash With Police In Pakistan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.