Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road (34274 Views)

Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway, A Death Trap (photos) / 2 Persons Die In A Fatal Accident On Enugu-Port-Harcourt Express Road (Graphic) / Returnees From Enugu, Port-Harcourt Test Positive For COVID-19 In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by kaludestiny10(m): 8:06pm On Sep 25, 2023
I know that bridge. It was a disaster waiting to happen. The bridge was already looking like something that will collapse at any moment.
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by AskNgige2: 8:08pm On Sep 25, 2023
Henix:
Nigeria as a national entity is equally on the verge of collapse.

My bro, everything in this country is falling apart
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by SonofGod231: 8:09pm On Sep 25, 2023
Enugu-Port Harcourt express way dey where exactly abi na the name of a road in enugu?!πŸ˜”
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Ishilove: 8:10pm On Sep 25, 2023
The contractor and federal ministry of works have a lot of questions to answer
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Kendo93: 8:12pm On Sep 25, 2023
Nigeria tire person wink
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by HRHQueenPhil(f): 8:13pm On Sep 25, 2023
spyder880:
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

why must it get to this stage before the needful can be done..smh
Pls don't Life your life to be like this ooooo..take steps now by entering into a covenant with the Holy Spirit and allow him guide and direct you so u won't enter into a ditch
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Timothy89(m): 8:14pm On Sep 25, 2023
Federal govt failed, shame on Federal govt

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by baralatie(m): 8:14pm On Sep 25, 2023
Hotfreezing:
This is one of the projects TANoids were thanking GEJ for then. This one and 2 tipper loads of travel GEJ dropped at the construction site of 2nd Niger bridge.
Buhari has done the Second Niger Bridge; Enugu-Port Harcourt expressway; he has approved the dredging of Ugwuta Lake which is a joint venture between the Imo State Government and the Nigeria Navy. Source vangaurd
And note
That bridge is old

2 Likes

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by MICHEALADEX(m): 8:20pm On Sep 25, 2023
Unbiased1:
If the Federal Government cannot maintain or reconstruct any of their existing infrastructure in the East, why not allow the East reduce their remittance to the federal government and use that money to work on all infrastructure in the East? Most of the horrible infrastructure projects in the East are federal government infrastructure. undecided

The one obi made from the east and took offshore to evade tax should should be recorded in whose account

3 Likes

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by skuribeebo: 8:21pm On Sep 25, 2023
Yea, that's the title of my mathematics project.
Collapsing bridge. grin

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by ceejay80s(m): 8:22pm On Sep 25, 2023
Una blind?
Una no see handwriting on the wall?
Nigeria is collapsing
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by odemeetu1: 8:25pm On Sep 25, 2023
I love when such things happen and same Nigerians still blame Nigeria Government that we all grew up go know

Lol
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Officialmrt: 8:26pm On Sep 25, 2023
spyder880:
I just passed this bridge some moments before this happened.
Thank God for your life

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:31pm On Sep 25, 2023
Jorussia:
The question i ask myself since umahi started inspecting federal roads is what did pmb achieve in terms of road construction with all the reckless borrowings?I thought it was only Edo state that had terrible federal roads until umahi started going round.I think we need to pass a legislation that from henceforth, minister of works must be civil and construction engineer with more than 10 years practice experience.

It about passion for doing what is right and be responsible not what you studied,we have seen doctors selling patient babies and organs, seen civil engineers used substandard materials for building
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by spyder880(m): 8:32pm On Sep 25, 2023
rolams:
Hope nobody died?

No lives were lost, we thank God.
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by t2luv1: 8:34pm On Sep 25, 2023
spyder880:

It's been long ooo, projects are moving swiftly, just crossed this bridge to see this one i am building for a Nairalander somewhere in Enugu, and on returning, the bridge has collapsed.

How much is the square footage of that house?
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by spyder880(m): 8:35pm On Sep 25, 2023
SonofGod231:
Enugu-Port Harcourt express way dey where exactly abi na the name of a road in enugu?!πŸ˜”

There is a straight double lane expressway that started at this point and terminates at Mile 1, Diobu, Port Harcourt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by spyder880(m): 8:36pm On Sep 25, 2023
t2luv1:

How much is the square footage of that house?

Will do some calculations and get back to you, cement costs are making a mess of our previous figures. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:38pm On Sep 25, 2023
Osoboshi:
which remittance ogaπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚,its actually bad how fg due to unknown reason neglect south eastern roads

It’s erosion, have you ever heard of erosion in the north?

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by UnabashedIPOB: 8:39pm On Sep 25, 2023
Now, tell me, is it the sit-at-home that caused this bridge to collapse in Enugu? Absolutely NOT! It's the rot in your useless and failed government. Actually, the sit-st-home saved countless lives. Can you imagine if citizens had NOT stayed home, how many people would probably have been on that bridge? So, when next all of you sophisticated M0R0NS and unity beggars in Biafraland want to speak ill of the sit-at-home order, and how it's destroying your supposed economy, remember that you actually do NOT have any viable economy. You only have an imaginary economy that fairy tales are made of!
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Ventura1: 8:41pm On Sep 25, 2023
Sabotage cannot be ruled out.
IPOB has been threatening everyone up and down.

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by simfrost90210: 8:44pm On Sep 25, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
shey person no die?

First question that actually crossed my mind!
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by rolams(m): 8:45pm On Sep 25, 2023
spyder880:

No lives were lost, we thank God.

To God be the glory ooo!
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Boldideas: 9:00pm On Sep 25, 2023
smokinloud:
Why is all these happening in the South East?!.

A whole bridge snapping into two, a whole road been washed off.. Devastating flood..These are some kind of things that aside from lack of maintenance, one should really ask what is happening generally?

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by iyerikan12: 9:05pm On Sep 25, 2023
I hope the Biafran Nation will do something about it?.
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Konquest: 9:10pm On Sep 25, 2023
spyder880:
I just passed this bridge some moments before this happened.
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Konquest: 9:12pm On Sep 25, 2023
spyder880:

It's been long ooo, projects are moving swiftly, just crossed this bridge to see this one i am building for a Nairalander somewhere in Enugu, and on returning, the bridge has collapsed.

See link to the house I went to see below........

https://www.nairaland.com/7516888/making-captivating-5-bedrooms-duplex/16
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by CaptainFM1: 9:17pm On Sep 25, 2023
Can we now see that this kind thing can happen anywhere?

It annoys me when people say Lagos this, Lagos that when structure collapse!

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Alpharey: 9:36pm On Sep 25, 2023
spyder880:

See link to the house I went to see below........

https://www.nairaland.com/7516888/making-captivating-5-bedrooms-duplex/16

Wow, that's some beautiful project you are doing here. Please always contact us for your tiles and bricks @Building materials market Ogidi Anambra State

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by rohangold: 9:37pm On Sep 25, 2023
Ten06:
Made in Aba bridge. It is not even up to China standard

Idiot!!! Aba bridge better pass am
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Sniper101(m): 9:39pm On Sep 25, 2023
Same set of people from this region, who are residing in Port Harcourt, will still open their mouths to say "Wike didn't do anything meaningful as a Governor"
Re: Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road by Alpharey: 9:40pm On Sep 25, 2023
jmoore:

I read the post of the person up to 3 times to see ethnic propaganda but saw none.

Keep quiet!!

He only described the road as someone that is familiar with that area.

Don't mind them,. Ethnic division has actually dealt NIGERIA a terrible blow. The guy in question did not mention any tribe name oo. He only complain about FG and state of infrastructure in the south east. Is it a crime to complain about things that are wrong in and around your region.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

First Beam Launched On Suru Alaba Interchange Into Festac. / FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion / Drone Pictures Of Onitsha Today Being Sunday (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.