Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,835 members, 7,824,476 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Jonathan Sends Wife-beating Ambassador Back To Kenya - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Sends Wife-beating Ambassador Back To Kenya (1662 Views)

Jonathan Sends Anyaoku To Beg President Buhari Not To Probe Him- SaharaReporters / Jonathan Sends Ministerial-Nominees List To Senate / Chime Finally Sends Wife Out Of Govt House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Sends Wife-beating Ambassador Back To Kenya by aloyemeka1: 7:44pm On Oct 19, 2011
[size=14pt]Jonathan Sends Wife-Beating Ambassador Back To Kenya [/size]

The embattled Nigerian Ambassador to Kenya and the Seychelles, Dr. Chijioke Wilcox Wigwe, who was recalled by President Goodluck Jonathan in May after reports emerged that he almost beat his wife to death, has gone back to his post, reports said early today.

•Ambassador Chijioke (left): A Mike Tyson? The battered wife (right).

The reports said the ambassador has been sent back to Nairobi, the Kenyan capital by President Jonathan who acted against the wishes of his advisers and Kenyan authorities.
The advisers argued that allowing the ambassador to go back to work will set a negative precedent about wife beating.
The ambassador’s wife, Tess Iyi Wigwe, petitioned the Kenyan police in May urging them to promptly arrest the diplomat before he beats her to death.
In a letter she sent to Mr. Mathew Iteere, the Commissioner of Police, the distraught wife accused her husband of battering her and causing her serious bodily harm which has sent her to hospital many times, often between life and death.
The ambassador denied all the allegations. He was recalled to Nigeria after the incident.
—Simon Ateba

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/10/19/jonathan-sends-wife-beating-ambassador-back-to-kenya/
Re: Jonathan Sends Wife-beating Ambassador Back To Kenya by Pukkah: 8:04pm On Oct 19, 2011
This report is somewhat not balanced. There was a background to the man beating the woman and from the accounts of even the couple's children, the woman was a termagant who was bent on destroying the man's career. Ordinarily, wife beating is bad but I guess these are the attenuating arguments that made Jonathan send him back.
Re: Jonathan Sends Wife-beating Ambassador Back To Kenya by aloyemeka1: 8:33pm On Oct 19, 2011
Pukkah:

This report is somewhat not balanced. There was a background to the man beating the woman and from the accounts of even the couple's children, the woman was a termagant who was bent on destroying the man's career. Ordinarily, wife beating is bad but I guess these are the attenuating arguments that made Jonathan send him back.
You are right sha.
Re: Jonathan Sends Wife-beating Ambassador Back To Kenya by ektbear: 8:38pm On Oct 19, 2011
poor woman embarassed
Re: Jonathan Sends Wife-beating Ambassador Back To Kenya by Alxmyr(m): 9:20pm On Oct 19, 2011
The reporter should have done a better job before coming up with this thoughtless article.
Anyone that followed the story knew the man is the victim here and not the other way round.

I am happy for him, at least the devilish woman could not destroy over 30 years of merritorious service.
Re: Jonathan Sends Wife-beating Ambassador Back To Kenya by aloyemeka1: 2:58am On Oct 20, 2011
Alxmyr:

The reporter should have done a better job before coming up with this thoughtless article.
Anyone that followed the story knew the man is the victim here and not the other way round.

I am happy for him, at least the devilish woman could not destroy over 30 years of merritorious service.

May be it was Alhaji haram reporting.
Re: Jonathan Sends Wife-beating Ambassador Back To Kenya by Relax101(m): 3:08am On Oct 20, 2011
This report is so bias, haba.
Re: Jonathan Sends Wife-beating Ambassador Back To Kenya by nolongTing: 11:38am On Oct 20, 2011
"hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" wink wink
Re: Jonathan Sends Wife-beating Ambassador Back To Kenya by TomFord: 12:09pm On Oct 20, 2011
If you followed the story from beginning,you will realise this woman was the hunter while the ambassador became the hunted.its a terrible story of love gone sour anyway its good to hear he has been sent back.how come he's an ambassador to 2nations?yeah i know seychelles is an island but its classified as a country,how will the ambassador handle both portfolio considerin the 2nations are far apart?
Re: Jonathan Sends Wife-beating Ambassador Back To Kenya by otokx(m): 12:16pm On Oct 20, 2011
Nice move by Jonathan; hope the guy has learnt his lesson and should keep that tessy woman at kilometres length.
Re: Jonathan Sends Wife-beating Ambassador Back To Kenya by ektbear: 6:25pm On Oct 20, 2011
Her face was beaten until it looked like a pizza:

I am hard pressed to think what justification the dude could have had for this
Re: Jonathan Sends Wife-beating Ambassador Back To Kenya by aloyemeka1: 2:27am On Oct 21, 2011
ekt_bear:

Her face was beaten until it looked like a pizza:

I am hard pressed to think what justification the dude could have had for this
The problem is she inflicted those wounds on herself. take it or leave it, the man is MUGU squared and the woman is an evil genius.
Re: Jonathan Sends Wife-beating Ambassador Back To Kenya by EkoIle1: 2:38am On Oct 21, 2011
aloy/emeka:

The problem is she inflicted those wounds on herself. take it or leave it, the man is MUGU squared and the woman is an evil genius.

You know this because you were there and saw her inflicting the wounds on herself?
Re: Jonathan Sends Wife-beating Ambassador Back To Kenya by aloyemeka1: 2:41am On Oct 21, 2011
Eko Ile:

You know this because you were there and saw her inflicting the wounds on herself?
No; I know that because her two grown children testified against her and other evils she associates with. Same with the IMF chief, everyone spat at him and called him names. He even lost his job too only for us to discover later that she was lying. Don't judge a book by its cover. The problem with behaviors like these from women is that it undermines the efforts of wminent feminists who have fought for the emancipation of women from the shackles of men. The movt is still crawling in Africa and some biatch is already abusing the privileges. How will it play out if our men starts to suspect that women will use that tool to finish them off?.
Re: Jonathan Sends Wife-beating Ambassador Back To Kenya by EkoIle1: 2:52am On Oct 21, 2011
aloy/emeka:

No; I know that because her two grown children testified against her and other evils she associates with. Same with the IMF chief, everyone spat at him and called him names. He even lost his job too only for us to discover later that she was lying. Don't judge a book by its cover. The problem with behaviors like these from women is that it undermines the efforts of wminent feminists who have fought for the emancipation of women from the shackles of men. The movt is still crawling in Africa and some biatch is already abusing the privileges. How will it play out if our men starts to suspect that women will use that tool to finish them off?.

This has nothing to do with imf and I didn't ask you to regurgitate some hear say story.

This is a Yes or No question. Were you there? You saw here do it.? Yes or No.
Re: Jonathan Sends Wife-beating Ambassador Back To Kenya by ektbear: 2:54am On Oct 21, 2011
She has strong liver if she could disfigure her own face like that to discredit the dude.
Re: Jonathan Sends Wife-beating Ambassador Back To Kenya by aloyemeka1: 3:00am On Oct 21, 2011
Eko Ile:

This has nothing to do with imf and I didn't ask you to regurgitate some hear say stroy.

This is a Yes or No question. Were you there? You saw here do it.? Yes or No.

People like you will still argue even if the woman confesses because you desperately want to pin it on the man. Yes it has a lot to do with IMF because if the woman didn't betray herself through a phone call, that man would have been rotting in jail now. Many women inflict wound on themselves in the west simply to teach a man a lesson and the ambassador's wife is very conversant with it because she lived most of her life in the UK. The ambassador should thank his lucky stars this saga didn't happen in the US or UK because their govt would have gotten Retardeen to withdraw his immunity so they can throw his azz in jail while the woman paint the town red on his savings.I don't know why I need to be an i-witness when her only 2 children told the story like it happened.
Re: Jonathan Sends Wife-beating Ambassador Back To Kenya by EkoIle1: 3:07am On Oct 21, 2011
aloy/emeka:

People like you will still argue even if the woman confesses because you desperately want to pin it on the man. Yes it has a lot to do with IMF because if the woman didn't betray herself through a phone call, that man would have been rotting in jail now. Many women inflict wound on themselves in the west simply to teach a man a lesson and the ambassador's wife is very conversant with it because she lived most of her life in the UK. The ambassador should thank his lucky stars this saga didn't happen in the US or UK because their govt would have gotten Retardeen to withdraw his immunity so they can throw his azz in jail while the woman paint the town red on his savings.I don't know why I need to be an i-witness when her only 2 children told the story like it happened.

A Yes or No answer would have sufficed instead of this useless rambling and a waste of my valuable internet time.

(1) (Reply)

The Lagos Fuel Subsidy Debate,sanusi Ngozi Iwela Alison Madueke, Attorney Gen / Boko Haram Beheads Seven People,slit Another Four Throats / Femi Fani Kayode Calls Ninister Of Aviation A Vampire On Twitter!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.