Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? (12974 Views)

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / TB Joshua Returns N500,000 Tithe To Elderly Woman / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by dublinkmy6: 7:17pm On Oct 20, 2011
@Benstino,
How did my post suggest i had doubt in mind about the blessings of thithing, or the paying of tithe? You would do well to point out where i suggested or said it.
Moreso, if God asked us to test him in paying it, does it matter whether you have doubts or not? At least you don't need to "test" something if you know and have complete faith that it will work out. Also, if God asks us to test him in paying tithe, isn't the onus on God himself to proove his word by blessing us after paying it, thereby confirming his word. As much as i know, "testing" God is quite different from "having faith" in God.
So i don't think your answer is valid in my case- at least not the first part of it. The devil's hand is definitly in it but what actually happened as a whole is what i find puzzling and i'm unable to comprehend.
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 20, 2011
@Enigma,u would have been correct.With the exception of the fact that Malachai never wrote under the inspiration of the mosaic law.Read Malachai.God was the one speaking directly in Malachai chapter 3.And I AM asked u to pay it into his store house.Christ and the apostles never spoke concerning violation,yet in Mosaic law,someone who Desecrates will only pay the bride price of the victim and marry her as far as the damsel aint bethroted.So can u say dat because Christ never spoke of it that it is still valid? It is a mosaic law.violate some1 today and u'll find urself inside walls with bars.
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Enigma(m): 7:30pm On Oct 20, 2011
Surely, you are not trying to say that it was not God speaking in both Deuteronomy passages! shocked
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 20, 2011
@Dublin,U know dat it is said dat without faith,its impossible to please God.Ur mind going directly that the tithe u paid caused the misfortune suggests that u never had full faith on the validity of tithe.In James 1 vs6,it is said dat a double minded man cant receive 4rm God.Besides,tithe wasnt the only thing u did dat week.Was it?
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by moreprof: 8:17pm On Oct 20, 2011
Pay to me then grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Yeahmee: 5:50am On Oct 21, 2011
in the first place, the bible never said to pay tithe to a man of God.
Tithe should be given to the Levites and the levites give to the high priest, the tithe paid in the bible is not money.
Do jews still pay tithe? NO, because there is no temple and when another temple is built, they will start to give tithe to the LEVITES working in the temple.
So, my brothers and sisters, do not be deceived, it is wrong for a Christain to pay tithe.
Yes, it is possible to lead a fellowship of 150million and still teach them the wrong things, so, it is not the number of people in the fellowship that determines if you are truely a MAN OF GOD.
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by itiswell1(m): 6:29am On Oct 21, 2011
In my opinion, tithe is not meant for the pastor but the church. Though the pastor could be paid out of it.
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Enigma(m): 7:49am On Oct 21, 2011
A reminder for people interested in this topic.

Please take part in the following two polls.

1 Who is a tither?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-744234.0.html

2 Who is robbing God?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-747403.0.html

Thanks  smiley

Now edited duly. smiley
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Zikkyy(m): 8:00am On Oct 21, 2011
^^^^^ this ya poll still dey active grin but i think there is something wrong with the link, appears both link end up in the 'who's robbing God?' thread.
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Enigma(m): 8:05am On Oct 21, 2011
Ah, thanks zikky; make I quickly look into that!

Indeed the poll is perpetual. smiley

Another thing, people can actually go back and change their vote if they ever change their mind(s) one way or another. smiley
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Zikkyy(m): 8:09am On Oct 21, 2011
Benstino:

Read Malachai.God was the one speaking directly in Malachai chapter 3.

Enigma:

Surely, you are not trying to say that it was not God speaking in both Deuteronomy passages!  shocked

LOL grin i guess Moses was talking to himself in Deuteronomy grin Mr. Benstino knows the truth, but just need justification for something he believes in.
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by bros12345: 8:11am On Oct 21, 2011
First, you children should understand that tithe was not an old testament or new testament thing. It is God's eternal plan for man to show Him respect as the source of whatever man achieves here on earth. In the garden of eden, the forbidden fruit was to be Adam and Eve's tithe. God could have asked them to chopulate every damn thing there,

Second, tithe is not limited to just money. But in mordern days, one can easily measure his earnings in monetary form, hence emphasis seems to revolve around money.

Thirdly, Jesus gave full support for tithing but also advised that fair treatment to your neighbor is equally important, that one should not think he can maltreat others and get away with it just by paying tithe.

Fourthly, as for how to pay tithe. The bible says it should be brought into the storehouse of God. Then the priests and church managers can now decide how to distribute it between the levites, orphans, church work, etc.

Fifthly, what we give to men of God is called seed of faith or voluntary support to their families. We do it cos they are been used of God to bless us spiritually. But if one is having a special leading to give his tithe to a man of God, then it is welcome. But the standard command is to take it to the storehouse of God.

Sixthly, does paying tithe bring any benefit to man? Yes. When you respect God with your tithe you are saying, "God, you are the one Who gave me this." Consequently, you position yourself for bigger blessings physically.

But bear in mind that paying tithe can not be substituted for righteousness. While tithing can help you gain God's mercies for physical prosperity, only righteousness can take you to heaven.

Let this argument end now

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Enigma(m): 8:15am On Oct 21, 2011
Zikkyy:

LOL grin i guess Moses was talking to himself in Deuteronomy grin Mr. Benstino knows the truth, but just need justification for something he believes in.

In fact ehn! I dey eagerly await to continue the discussion with my brother Benstino. smiley
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Zikkyy(m): 8:26am On Oct 21, 2011
bros12345:

First, you children should understand that tithe was not an old testament or new testament thing.

Talk like you're a pastor smiley

bros12345:

It is God's eternal plan for ma[/b]n to show Him respect as the source of whatever man achieves here on earth.

. . . .and where is this plan documented? do you have a copy? kindly share smiley

bros12345:

In the garden of eden, the forbidden fruit was to be Adam and Eve's tithe. God could have asked them to chopulate every damn thing there,

. . .are you saying the forbidden fruit equate to 10% of the chop-chop in the garden grin but you will have to explain how the forbidden apple becomes the fruit of Adam and Eve's labor angry

bros12345:

Fourthly, as for how to pay tithe. The bible says it should be brought into the storehouse of God. [b]Then the priests and church managers can now decide how to distribute it between the levites, orphans, church work, etc.

Bros, this is saying you are beneficiary of tithe grin

Edit: the bible also says that it's not the priest that and church managers that decide how to distribute the tithe, there is a sharing formular already in place smiley i guess you did not read that part of the bible smiley

bros12345:

While tithing can help you gain God's mercies for physical prosperity, only righteousness can take you to heaven.

na wa ooh sad so you have to pay God for his mercies sad
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Zikkyy(m): 8:46am On Oct 21, 2011
bros12345:

In the garden of eden, the forbidden fruit was to be Adam and Eve's tithe. God could have asked them to chopulate every [size=14pt]damn[/size] thing there,

I can't believe i missed this bit on first reading grin Bros you be correct guy grin
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by bros12345: 9:37am On Oct 21, 2011
Zikkyy:

I can't believe i missed this bit on first reading grin Bros you be correct guy grin

Son, let me lecture you a bit.

The Bible contains the Principles of God and the life of God.

1. The Principles - Any man who does the principles of God, if you like call it universal laws, will experience the benefits of life. Principles like giving, creative thinking, persistence, meditation, hard work, etc, will always push you to the top in life. You are not buying the mercy. You are just following the principles God has ordained to govern life and you will get paid, it doesnt matter whether you are a muslim, christian, pagan, atheist or whatever.

2. The Life of God - The life of God begins with believing in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and continues onto righteousness, prayer-fulness, abstinence from sinful acts, etc. These ones will take you to heaven.

Fortunately, tithing which is an integral part of giving falls under the principles. That was why I pointed that it could assit you to gain God's mercy for prosperity. Read between the lines. I was not implying that you are paying God for the mercy.

It also important to know that there are thousands of believers who are paying tithe but are poor and cant feed their families because they are bereft of the other principles, like creative thinking, hard work, entrepreneurship, persistence, etc.

We need to put these in perspective.

Thanks my son
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by dublinkmy6: 10:52am On Oct 21, 2011
Benstino:

@Dublin,U know dat it is said dat without faith,its impossible to please God.your mind going directly that the tithe u paid caused the misfortune suggests that u never had full faith on the validity of tithe.In James 1 vs6,it is said dat a double minded man cant receive 4rm God.Besides,tithe wasnt the only thing u did dat week.Was it?
And you also know that it was said "Give and it shall be given unto you" isn't it? Now, from this ur logic we can deduce that we should have faith before we give or else we will not receive and we may even lose the one we already have? Na waa o! Sum ppl go write new millenium bible 4 this nairaland o!
Please it is not by force to answer my queshon. At least, i was born a christian so i know basic christian teachings and please don't tell me i had doubts before paying the tithe since you don't know me let alone my heart.
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by PastorKun(m): 11:27am On Oct 21, 2011
Modern day tithing in the church remains the biggest fraud in the history of mankind as it's biblical basis is extremely very shaky. The truth is that it was arrived at by fraudulently manipulating the biblical injunction to the Israelites to tithe of their produce to mean christians should tithe of their monetary income when it is glaring there is no correlation. It is glaring that the word of God was twisted to arrive at this fraudulent man made version of tithes so popular amongst the greedy clergy today. One thing is clear about biblical tithes, it was never directed to christians and it was never money.
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by anonimi: 11:46am On Oct 21, 2011
For those who seek biblical truth on tithes, go through this rather long drama sketch that covers most if not all the issues.
---------------------
As a sequel to my last article debunking Mr. Enoch Adejare Adeboye’s claims about tithing, Believers are not subject to the Tithe, I hereby present a court scenario in which the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God stands before the Great Judge of all the earth, the Lord Jesus Christ, on this subject. Enjoy the conversation:

Jesus: Enoch, you have been charged with multiple counts of extortion. Your crime spree covers 20 years and thousands of victims. You have defrauded people out of their money with fear and manipulation, telling them they had to tithe 10% of their income to your church and that God would bless them if they did. You also told them that if they didn’t tithe they would go to hell. How do you plead?

Pastor Enoch: I plead not guilty, sir. I have done nothing wrong. I have only preached what the Bible says. In the Bible Abraham tithed to Melchizedek and God blessed him for his faithful giving. The Bible even says he was rich in silver and gold.

Jesus: Is it not true, Enoch, that in Genesis chapter 13 verse 2 the Bible says Abraham was rich with livestock, silver and gold?

Pastor Enoch: Yes, you are exactly right, that’s what I just told you.

Jesus: Ok, we read about Abraham being a rich man in chapter 13. But it is not until Genesis chapter 14 that we read about Abraham’s tithe to Melchizedek. So Abraham was already a rich man before he tithed to Melchizedek, wasn’t he?

Pastor Enoch: Yes, I suppose you are right.

Jesus: So his riches were not the result of his tithe to Melchizedek?

Pastor Enoch: No.

Jesus: Enoch, you also say God blessed him for his faithful giving. How many times is it recorded that Abraham gave tithes to Melchizedek?

Pastor Enoch: Well, just once.

Jesus: So the Bible never said that he gave week after week?

Pastor Enoch: No; it does not.

Jesus: Where did Abraham get the things that he gave to Melchizedek?

Pastor Enoch: Well, the Bible says it was from the plunders of war.

Jesus: So you are telling me that he gave from the plunders of war?

Pastor Enoch: Yes that’s what the Bible says.

Jesus: So he basically took things that were not really his in the first place and gave them as the tithe?

Pastor Enoch: That is what the scripture seems to indicate.

Jesus: Is it recorded that he ever took anything from his own possessions and tithed them to Melchizedek or anyone else?

Pastor Enoch: I guess not

Jesus: You guess not! You pastor one of the largest denominations on the planet and you are only guessing? Is it or is it not written that he ever gave any of his own possessions as a tithe to anyone?

Pastor Enoch: No; it is not written anywhere that I have seen.

Jesus: Is it recorded as to what exactly Abraham did give Melchizedek?

Pastor Enoch: I believe it says plunder?

Jesus: So plunder could be any number of things?

Pastor Enoch: Yes, I suppose.

Judge: It could have been food, cattle, sheep, the people’s possessions or any number of things. It does not say it was all money; correct?

Pastor Enoch: Yes; sir. You are correct; it does not say just money.

Jesus: As a matter of fact, money is never mentioned in that account at all; is that correct, Enoch?

Pastor Enoch: Yes, sir; money is never mentioned; just goods and food and people.

Jesus: So there is no way you can say with any certainty that Abraham in fact gave Melchizedek any money at all?

Pastor Enoch: That is right.

Jesus: I only have one last question for you, Enoch. Did God command Abraham to give this plunder as tithe to Melchizedek?

Pastor Enoch: No; it appears that he did this voluntarily.

Jesus: So are you trying to tell me that because of this voluntary, one time gift by Abraham, that may not have even consisted of money, all Christians everywhere are obligated to bring 10% of their monthly salary to a local church?

Jesus: Considering all the evidence, I would say you are beyond any shadow of a doubt guilty of deliberately trying to make the scriptures says things they have not said for financial gain.

Pastor Enoch: Sir, I can see how foolish I was to try and use the story of Melchizedeck to try and get the people to tithe money. But there are many other verses that will support my belief on tithing. Jacob said he would give God 10% of everything. I think we should follow his example.

Jesus: Let’s see what Jacob said. Please read the verse you are talking about for me, Enoch.

Pastor Enoch: In Genesis chapter 28, starting at verse 20 it says, ‘Jacob vowed a vow, saying, “If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and clothing to put on, so that I come again to my father’s house in peace, and Yahweh will be my God, then this stone, which I have set up for a pillar, will be God’s house. Of all that you will give me I will surely give the tenth to you.”‘

Jesus: You said people should follow Jacobs’s example, is that right, Enoch?

Pastor Enoch: Yes; that is right. He vowed to give a tenth and we should too.

Jesus: Let me point out one thing for you, Enoch. Jacob said he would Give God a tenth, ONLY if He blessed him first. So as you said previously, we should follow Jacob’s example and tell God that we will only give him a tenth if he blesses us first. Is that right?

Pastor Enoch: That is not what I meant.

Jesus: What did you mean then?

Pastor Enoch: That we should give God a tenth also.

Jesus: There you go again, trying to make the scripture say what you want it to say for your benefit. I would also like you to tell me the scriptures that say that Jacob kept his vow with God. I would also like to know where he gave the tenth to because there was no temple or levites to give it to at that time.

Pastor Enoch: I can not think of any scriptures that say where or if he ever tithed after his vow.

Jesus: It is obvious that Jacob made a voluntary and conditional vow to God. This in no way can be used as a reason to demand others to bring their income to you or any other place.

Pastor Enoch: I do have a few more scriptures that I believe will show that we are supposed to tithe.

Jesus: So far, all you have done is taken scripture and misapplied it to your beliefs and for your gain. But in order to be fair to you I will allow you to present more evidence.

Pastor Enoch: In the book of Malachi chapter 3 starting at verse 8 it says, “Will a man rob God? yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, In what have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. Bring ye all the tithes into the store-house, that there may be food in my house, and prove me now with this, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.” So you see sir, we are commanded to bring the tithes into the storehouse or God will curse us.

Jesus: Answer me this, Enoch, were you aware that I never required anyone to tithe money?

Pastor Enoch: No I didn’t know that.

Jesus: The tithe spoken of here was always edible products never money.

Pastor Enoch: Sir, that is because they didn’t have money at the time so God had them tithe food instead.

Jesus: Not true, money is first mentioned in Genesis – and Malachi was written hundreds of years later. God had them bring food in so that the levites, the fatherless and widows may eat and be satisfied. The tithe was used mainly to take care of people. Also notice it says in the verse you quoted, that there may be food in my house. How do you completely overlook the word food in those verses?

Pastor Enoch: I don’t know.

Jesus: I also want you to know that these verses speak to people under the Old Testament law. As you may or may not know, I fulfilled the law while I was on earth. The Law is no longer binding. Tithing was part of that law that has been abolished.

Jesus: And once again, you have tried to completely take a scripture out of context and apply it to others for your benefit. Can you give me a single scripture where God changed the tithe from food to money?

Pastor Enoch: I do not know of any.

Jesus: So if God never changed it from food to money who did?

Pastor Enoch: Man must have.

Jesus: So far all you have done, Enoch, is take Old Testament scriptures out of context and try to apply it to believers under the New Covenant. Is this all the proof you have?

Pastor Enoch: I do have a New Testament scripture that will show that You told us to tithe.

Jesus: Ok; let me hear it.

Pastor Enoch: You said in Matthew 23:23 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint, dill, and cumin, and have left undone the weightier matters of the law: justice, mercy, and faith. But you ought to have done these, and not to have left the other undone.” Surely, You were saying there that we should be tithing.

Jesus: Let me ask you a question, who was I talking to in that passage?

Pastor Enoch: The scripture says the scribes and Pharisees.

Jesus: Are you and your members scribes or Pharisees?

Pastor Enoch: No sir; God forbid!.

Jesus: I also said in that passage, “You have left undone the weightier matters of the law“. Are we under the law, Enoch?

Pastor Enoch: No.

Jesus: Why not?

Pastor Enoch: Because You fulfilled it, and it passed away.

Jesus: When did I fulfill the law?

Pastor Enoch: When You were crucified.

Jesus: So the law was still in effect until My death?

Pastor Enoch: That is correct sir.

Jesus: I think you know where I am going with this; don’t you?

Pastor Enoch: Yes; sir. Since You had not yet been crucified and the law was still binding, the Pharisees were required to tithe because it was part of the law. Once the law ended, tithing ended also.

Jesus: I want you to take a look at that verse again. Also tell me, what were they tithing?

Pastor Enoch: The scripture says it was mint, dill and cumin.

Jesus: Was money mentioned there?

Pastor Enoch: No sir; it was not.

Jesus: Once again it was edible products that they were tithing, not money. Do you have anything else you would like to say?

Pastor Enoch: If people only tithed edible products like the scripture says, then how would the church survive? We had to build that million-seater cathedral to accomodate the people who come for Holy Ghost Festival yearly, the salaries of other pastors have to be paid. So many other things. We depend on the money from the people.

Jesus: The need does not justify the means. In other words, just because you have all these debts does not give you the right to twist and manipulate scripture and cause people to give under fear of being cursed by God to meet your needs. Not to mention that all those items you listed are problems you created for yourelves. They are not My agenda. You were pursuing your agenda.

Jesus: Now to the more greivous consequences of your enforcing the tithe on believer. What did Paul write in Galatians 5:4 about attempting to follow the Law?

Pastor Enoch: That if they obeyed any part of the old Jewish law, including the law of circumcision, in order to be right (justified) with God, they have fallen from grace, or lost their salvation.

Jesus: Do you admit that like circumcision, tithing was part of the law?

Pastor Enoch: Yes, sir.

Jesus: Now if obeying the law of circumcision would cause gentile Christians of Paul’s day to “fall from grace”, one would have to conclude that obeying another old law; “The law of tithing” would have the same results on them today; that is to say, it will cause them to fall away from the grace of God.

Pastor Enoch: [Swallows hard] I suppose so.

Jesus: In other words, you are admitting that your teaching the tithe is actually sending people down the road to hell?

Pastor Enoch: That was not what I intended, sir.

Jesus: Nevertheless, that is the result of your actions – your ministry. How many of those one billion members (not counting the non-members who heard you and believed you) do you suppose have been turned aside unknowingly this way?

Pastor Enoch: [Swallows hard] I have no idea, sir.

Pastor Enoch: I never realized all these things, I have always been taught that we had to tithe money to the local church and that is what I have always taught. Yes I am guilty. I will not teach this error anymore. Infact, I will go and take my words back. As many people as possible must hear this.

THE END
I have given the narration a good ending. I hope that someone close to Mr. Adeboye loves him enough and has enough balls to bring this issue to his attention. You will be saving not only his soul but the souls of millions of others who believe his grace-defying, grace-denying doctrine of tithing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credits:
This narration was crafted and adapted from my previous article, Believers are not subject to the Tithe, and from materials put up at http://tithing.christian-things.com/articles.html
----------------------

Source: Pressing for the Crown
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Zikkyy(m): 12:07pm On Oct 21, 2011
bros12345:

Son, let me lecture you a bit.

Okay daddy bros, am listening grin

bros12345:

Principles like giving, creative thinking, persistence, meditation, hard work, etc, will always push you to the top in life.

. . emm daddy bros, i have some questions if you don't mind smiley

1. the principles you listed, can they work in isolation? or one need a combination of all principles to get to the top? i know you did state that giving alone will not work, but i know some stingy but 'hard working' and 'creative thinking' chaps that made it to the top smiley
2. this giving you talked about, is it all embracing? does it include the casino (kalo-kalo) giving? What about the greasing of palms required to conclude some deals (i know this one works grin)?
3. I can understand creative thinking, persistence and hard work, but how does giving translate to success? You can choose not to give and still be successful, this approach does work for some people. you need to explain this principle, how it work.
4. by giving, you mean any form of giving abi? and not just tithing. So i can give assist the other brother (and not pay tithe to church or pstor) and still qualify for success abi?
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by AZeD1(m): 1:04pm On Oct 21, 2011
Benstino:

Pls 4 those insinuating that u cant pay your way to heaven.Paying tith doesnt lead u to heaven.Malachai 3 vs 11 stated that it is for prosperity,safety and all round blessings.Dont pay it cos a man of God(some of the who are purely lazy is forcing u to do so).Pay it cos God wants u to do it .
Matt 6:33 but ye seek first the kingdom of God and his RIGHTEOUSNESS; and all this things shall be added unto you,
Bro benstino pls explain this
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by AZeD1(m): 1:09pm On Oct 21, 2011
Isnt it funny that people in favour of tithing always say when i started paying my tithe God blessed me Does that mean God values tithing more than holiness??
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by bros12345: 1:12pm On Oct 21, 2011
Dearest Son, here are the answers to your questions. I hope they drive the points home. I love it when children ask questions in order to learn and not just to support their thesis.

Zikkyy:

Okay daddy bros, am listening grin

. . emm daddy bros, i have some questions if you don't mind smiley

1. the principles you listed, can they work in isolation? or one need a combination of all principles to get to the top? i know you did state that giving alone will not work, but i know some stingy but 'hard working' and 'creative thinking' chaps that made it to the top smiley

Answer: The principles do not work in isolation.

Zikkyy:

2. this giving you talked about, is it all embracing? does it include the casino (kalo-kalo) giving? What about the greasing of palms required to conclude some deals (i know this one works grin)?

Answer: The giving I imply are ones that intends for a good cause, you know what I mean.

Zikkyy:

3. I can understand creative thinking, persistence and hard work, but how does giving translate to success? You can choose not to give and still be successful, this approach does work for some people. you need to explain this principle, how it work.

Answer:

My dear, life is a circle of input and output. The heavens gives the earth rain. Then the earth evaporates those same water back to the sky and helps life production, then those evaporated water comes back to the earth in multiplied formats again. That's the circle.

Man feeds the elephant and the elephant produces huge manure that fertilizes what feeds man back. Its a circle.

You donate and /or give to support good causes and nature creates avenues to bring back into your life in good measure. Please do not joke with that circle, son.

Zikkyy:

4. by giving, you mean any form of giving abi? and not just tithing. So i can give assist the other brother (and not pay tithe to church or pstor) and still qualify for success abi?

Answer: All kinds of giving are of equal importance. That you tithe does not mean you should not help others and that you help others does not mean that you should not tithe.

Finally,

I hope that helps. Remember the circle I just noted above. Ask your lecturer in school about it tomorrow, son.

Thanks
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by emmatok(m): 6:00pm On Oct 21, 2011
See Christians fighting over trivial issues.

Tomorrow you will blame the Atheist and Muslims for insulting you.

Weather you pay tithe or not, it is between you and GOD.
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by sley4life(m): 6:01pm On Oct 21, 2011
either is not bad
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Zikkyy(m): 7:15pm On Oct 21, 2011
bros12345:

Answer: The principles do not work in isolation.

so, how do you explain the stingy, but 'hard working' and 'creative thinking' chaps that made it to the top

bros12345:

Answer:

My dear, life is a circle of input and output. The heavens gives the earth rain. Then the earth evaporates those same water back to the sky and helps life production, then those evaporated water comes back to the earth in multiplied formats again. That's the circle.

Man feeds the elephant and the elephant produces huge manure that fertilizes what feeds man back. Its a circle.

This i understand, cos one can 'walk through' the process/circle (except the multiplied bit smiley), but . . . . .

bros12345:

You donate and /or give to support good causes and nature creates avenues to bring back into your life in good measure.

. . . . . . .this bit needs explanation. I was hoping you'll not attempt to 'dance' around it. There's a gap, a void you need to fill here. I need to understand nature's recycling process smiley we understand the heavens giving rain and the rain evaporating, what you need to teach now is how nature takes my giving, multiply 100fold and create avenues for me to collect. Also deal with what you might call an abnormal situation. i.e nature giving without me having to complete the circle by giving out smiley

bros12345:

Answer: All kinds of giving are of equal importance. That you tithe does not mean you should not help others and that you help others does not mean that you should not tithe.

so are saying one will not make it to the top if he fails to engage or miss out on any of the required givings? BTW, can you provide a list?

bros12345:

Thanks

Thank you daddy bros smiley
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Nymphnode(m): 5:42am On Oct 22, 2011
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by clip: 7:03am On Oct 22, 2011
1st the tithe is for God.You can give it to pastor or the church as-long has you have decided that it is tithe and you re given it to God.You get the reward God promise a tither,which you are.If the Pastor likes ,let him use the tithe to sleep with ashewo.It is now a question he has to answer God.He too will get all the woes,God said to people like him.

If you like it or not pay your tithe.It is like u sow a seed,it must produce
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 24, 2011
Enigma:

Surely, you are not trying to say that it was not God speaking in both Deuteronomy passages!  shocked
Sorry for the late reply.2go xtian 4rum keeps me  much busy.Open your bible to 2Nd CORINTHIANS 3VS 14 "FOR THEIR MIND WERE BLINDED.FOR UNTO THIS DAY REMAINETH THE SAME VEIL UNTAKEN AWAY BY THEIR READING OF THE OLD TESTAMENT".V15 "FOR EVEN THIS DAY,WHEN MOSES IS READ,THE VAIL IS UPON THEIR HEART".Apart 4rm the ten commandments,the laws 4rm Deutronomy and Leviticus were just their culture.To validate the idea of paying tithe,God had to reveal it to Malachai.
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Enigma(m): 7:59am On Oct 24, 2011
OK Benstino

I get your point but then I have a question:

How did Malachi define "tithes"? In other words what constitutes or amounts to "tithes" according to Malachi?

cool
Re: Is It Okay To Pay Your Tithe To A Man Of God? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 24, 2011
A-ZeD:

Matt 6:33 but ye seek first the kingdom of God and his RIGHTEOUSNESS; and all this things shall be added unto you,
Bro benstino pls explain this
Then U need to explain this "GIVE and it shall be given unto thee.Good measures, ".U know da rest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"My Haters Are My Advertisers" - T.B Joshua Reveals His Church Secret / Top Ten Nigerian Religious Soundbites: The Countdown. / There Is No Free Will In The Bible So Enough Of The Lies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.