Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Mega-evangelist Pastor Chris Oyakilome Brings A New Revelation To America - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mega-evangelist Pastor Chris Oyakilome Brings A New Revelation To America (2052 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakilome DID NOT Ban Singer , Sinach From Singing In His Church / Pastor Chris Oyakilome Allegedly Bans Singer, Sinach From Singing In His Church / Jesus Devine Revelation To Samuel Oghenetega ,a 14 Years Old Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mega-evangelist Pastor Chris Oyakilome Brings A New Revelation To America by mannaexp: 10:26pm On Oct 19, 2011
By Julie Lyons

It could have been the heat, and the sweat, and the fact that I was coming down with the flu. I sat there wedged between a husky man and woman, each of us in little plastic folding chairs bound together so there was no chance of wriggling away.

I was getting an uncomfortable feeling, a knot in my stomach that scrunched ever tighter as the evening progressed. Then an assault of questions on the inside:

“Man, if this is true, I must be a real loser.”

“This sounds like a new revelation. Am I just too spiritually dull to receive it?”

A pillar stood between me and Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, the superstar Nigerian preacher and healing evangelist who was pacing across the stage, pulling up Scriptures in four translations on an iPad encased in a stylish alligator-skin cover.

I followed along on one of the giant video screens as Pastor Chris unfolded his teaching in precise, logical steps. He wore an impeccably tailored suit with a baby-blue pocket square and spoke in flawless English, punctuating his erudite delivery with darting hand gestures and the occasional spasm of tongue-speaking.

Many times a roar rose up around me as Pastor Chris shouted one of his trademark exhortations: “I’m blessed! I’m blessed! I’M BLESSED!” People leapt to their feet and waved their hands. The cameras swooped in on cranes and and showed us rocking the rows of chairs we’d been crammed into like pickled ham hocks.

I admit, I wasn’t quite getting it.

I was there for every minute of Pastor Chris’ teaching at the Higher Life Conference U.S.A., seven hours of material spread over three nights in August, viewed in person by some 2,000 people at a hastily refurbished warehouse store in Arlington. I came with an open mind.

Continue reading: http://www.mannaexpressonline.com/component/content/article/89-slideshow/420-miracle-man-nigerian-mega-evangelist-pastor-chris-brings-a-new-revelation-to-america
Re: Mega-evangelist Pastor Chris Oyakilome Brings A New Revelation To America by Image123(m): 11:03pm On Oct 19, 2011
If the link was what he preached, that's false doctrine. Anyway, i don't think that's a new doctrine in america. Which one is mega evangelist BTW?
Re: Mega-evangelist Pastor Chris Oyakilome Brings A New Revelation To America by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:56pm On Oct 19, 2011
Summing up Pastor Chris’ teaching on sin, Jackson Ekwugum says, “They believe that once saved, forever saved, and that if you sin it is the body that sins but the spirit is not affected.”

So there you have it, a modern-day Gnosticism, the ancient heresy that claimed the acts of the body were irrelevant, that what really mattered was secret knowledge, “new” revelation

That nails it.
Re: Mega-evangelist Pastor Chris Oyakilome Brings A New Revelation To America by Joagbaje(m): 5:32am On Oct 20, 2011
^^^
Sin is not a christian problem anymore. Ignorance is the biggest problem of christian. If you know who you are as Gods righteousned and let the words of christ dwell in you. Sin can't have dominion over you. It is nit the condemnation of sin that frees a man but rather the understanding of righteousness.
Re: Mega-evangelist Pastor Chris Oyakilome Brings A New Revelation To America by Nobody: 5:56am On Oct 20, 2011
Mega-evangelist Is that a new clerical title? Lol.

(1) (Reply)

Deeper Life Pastor Arrested In New York For Swindling 80 Yr Old $1.8 Million / The Infallibility Of The Christian Church - A Simple Approach / Don't Blame God If You Wind Up In Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.