Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

How Can I Handle My Younger Brother - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Handle My Younger Brother (20087 Views)

How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years / My Younger Brother Is A Bone In Our Throat. Pls Help! / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by micflo28(m): 4:25pm On Sep 28, 2023
garriAndsugar:
Drugs is finishing the youth of these days.
one beheaded his mum and ran with her head to do ritual but was caught. Here in Mararaba Abuja.
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by yomiracles: 4:25pm On Sep 28, 2023
Arrange for a dedicated clergyman to provide continuous spiritual guidance to him. I recommend Apostle Arome Osayi, if you can get across to him.
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Kobojunkiee: 4:31pm On Sep 28, 2023
yomiracles:
Arrange for a dedicated clergyman to provide continuous spiritual guidance to him. I recommend Apostle Arome Osayi, if you can get across to him.
Nonsense...you people always looking to take advantage of those who are weak. Awon ole! undecided
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Ynix(m): 4:36pm On Sep 28, 2023
adaperry25:
We've actually done our best and the way its going..we are left to our fate. I just wanted to share here to get an ideal opinion.

My younger bro has been a thorn in our flesh even before my dad died. My late dad kept complaining about him. Bad friends, taking drugs and living an immoral life. This continued and affected his academics and he dropped out from the university.

As we speak, his younger brother is in his final year and yet my brother remains a prodigal son. Early this year, he wanted to fight my mom and I was very angry and we had to lock him up in the police cell for some days. He came out and became calm. After a month, he went back to his old ways.

We warned off his friends to stay away from him. Right now..my mom is ashamed of him as parents have warned their kids to stay away from my brother.

He doesn't sleep in the house and we threatened to lock him up again and he said we can kill him that his life has no meaning.

I believe he's not with his right senses.

Need your candid opinions. I want to save him.

Give me his number, chat me up on 08184397113
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Loveglow(f): 4:44pm On Sep 28, 2023
Please put him in prayers no matter what
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Kobojunkiee: 4:49pm On Sep 28, 2023
Loveglow:
Please put him in prayers no matter what
How many of the thousands wey una don dey pray for una church don change since? undecided
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by edward1106(m): 4:50pm On Sep 28, 2023
Sit him down and ask him now that he may not be able to go to school again, what does he want to do? Let him take his time to give you an answer and of you guys have money, support him and supervise him. Let him run the business but let the finance be monitored by your guys so he can be serious and also accountable.
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Loveglow(f): 4:50pm On Sep 28, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
How many of the thousands wey una don dey pray for una church don change since? undecided
Sir their is nothing too hard for God to do
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Kobojunkiee: 4:51pm On Sep 28, 2023
edward1106:
β–  Sit him down and ask him now that he may not be able to go to school again, what does he want to do? Let him take his time to give you an answer and of you guys have money, support him and supervise him. Let him run the business but let the finance be monitored by your guys so he can be serious and also accountable.
🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Kobojunkiee: 4:53pm On Sep 28, 2023
Loveglow:
β–  Their is nothing too hard for God to do sir
God said He only answers the prayers of those who are first Holy, and then righteous. There is nothing too difficult for God provided you are first Holy. So, how many of the 1000s of drug-addicted, some even sex-addicted, youths wey full una churches una don heal finish? undecided
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by IamMobisola(f): 4:59pm On Sep 28, 2023
Sticooooooo:

Where else should they go? He practically built the house for his family. They are part of the family too.
It is until they become a threat to the lives of the rest of them before they send them out abi? Okay
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Iliveforever(m): 5:18pm On Sep 28, 2023
sunnymighty:

Take him to a rehab.

This is not a rehab case, take him to a genuine Christian deliverance church for deliverance.

Rehab will make his case permanent
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by NACE13: 5:19pm On Sep 28, 2023
A distant relation of mine towed same path. He was advised, flogged, locked up, warned and all sort but he didn't change. This is a silly boy who uploads pictures of himself smoking with his gang.
Guess what. He was killed during the election period, this year. He was buried in a cheap wooden coffin. Surprisingly, his Dad didn't even shed a tear. He just felt sorry for the silly boy's life came to an abrupt but predictable end.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by mariahAngel(f): 5:29pm On Sep 28, 2023
IntelligentWrit:

Read well na, the sentence is well explanatory madam grin grin

No, it's not.
Rather, tell the op to write more clearly next time, for better understanding. smiley

Op referred to the other brother as if he/she wasn't (directly/completely) related to the said brother.πŸ‘‡πŸΌ
As we speak, his younger brother our brother he's older than is in his final year and yet my brother remains a prodigal son.
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Draslo(m): 5:45pm On Sep 28, 2023
Westerhoffe:
π‘«π’“π’–π’ˆπ’”β€¦

𝑢𝒏𝒄𝒆 π’šπ’π’– 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕 π’•π’‚π’Œπ’Šπ’π’ˆ π’…π’“π’–π’ˆπ’”, 𝒂 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 π’šπ’π’–π’“ π’„π’π’π’”π’„π’Šπ’†π’π’„π’† π’…π’Šπ’†π’”.
𝑨𝒍𝒍 π’šπ’π’–'𝒅 π’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’Œ π’Šπ’” π’šπ’π’–'𝒓𝒆 π’†π’π’‹π’π’šπ’Šπ’π’ˆ π’šπ’π’–π’“ 'π’‰π’Šπ’ˆπ’‰π’π’†π’”π’”', 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’šπ’π’–'𝒓𝒆 𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 π’…π’†π’”π’•π’“π’π’šπ’Šπ’π’ˆ π’šπ’π’–π’“ π’…π’†π’”π’•π’Šπ’π’š.

𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 π’•π’‚π’Œπ’† π’‰π’Šπ’Ž 𝒕𝒐 𝒂 π‘Ήπ’†π’‰π’‚π’ƒπ’Šπ’π’Šπ’•π’‚π’•π’Šπ’π’ π‘ͺ𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒆 π’šπ’π’– π’Œπ’π’π’˜ 𝒔𝒐 𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒂𝒗𝒆 π’‰π’Šπ’” π’π’Šπ’‡π’† 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 π’Šπ’•'𝒔 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆.
𝑯𝒆 π’Žπ’–π’”π’• 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 π’Žπ’†π’• π’π’Šπ’Œπ’† π’Žπ’Šπ’π’…π’” π’Šπ’ π’‘π’“π’Šπ’”π’π’, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝒇𝒐𝒓 π’‰π’Šπ’” π’–π’‘π’ˆπ’“π’‚π’…π’† 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑯𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝑳𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒍.
People meet like minds in rehab too
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Obierika(m): 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2023
adaperry25:
We've actually done our best and the way its going..we are left to our fate. I just wanted to share here to get an ideal opinion.

My younger bro has been a thorn in our flesh even before my dad died. My late dad kept complaining about him. Bad friends, taking drugs and living an immoral life. This continued and affected his academics and he dropped out from the university.

As we speak, his younger brother is in his final year and yet my brother remains a prodigal son. Early this year, he wanted to fight my mom and I was very angry and we had to lock him up in the police cell for some days. He came out and became calm. After a month, he went back to his old ways.

We warned off his friends to stay away from him. Right now..my mom is ashamed of him as parents have warned their kids to stay away from my brother.

He doesn't sleep in the house and we threatened to lock him up again and he said we can kill him that his life has no meaning.

I believe he's not with his right senses.

Need your candid opinions. I want to save him.

Eject the idiot from the family houe and let him go and destroy himself if he so wishes
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Westerhoffe(m): 6:01pm On Sep 28, 2023
Draslo:

People meet like minds in rehab too

Yea… but most likely they're already on their road to recovery.
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Draslo(m): 6:08pm On Sep 28, 2023
Westerhoffe:

Yea… but most likely they're already on their road to recovery.
Most are forced there. You will hardly find anyone in rehab tat checked themselves into the facility. I have a friend that his folks took him to rehab because of rophynol addiction. Today he's a coke addict living the best life because he met a rich kid in rehab. They linked up outside and took their drug fueled lifestyles to the highest notch. No two Instagram posts are in the same country. Like, they are highly chilling on drugs kpa!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Kobojunkiee: 6:15pm On Sep 28, 2023
Draslo:
β–  Most are forced there. You will hardly find anyone in rehab tat checked themselves into the facility. I have a friend that his folks took him to rehab because of rophynol addiction. Today he's a coke addict living the best life because he met a rich kid in rehab. They linked up outside and took their drug fueled lifestyles to the highest notch. No two Instagram posts are in the same country. Like, they are highly chilling on drugs kpa!
For those who are forced there, chances are high that they will relapse not long after leaving rehab too. So, rehab for many na revolving door! Many there have even accepted this. So, in rehab, they make friends with whom they exchange tips with each other on how to stay out longer the next time all while getting high without getting caught. undecided

Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by BoaDacreator: 7:24pm On Sep 28, 2023
Bobo face your own struggles and try to make your dad happy as much as you can. If your bro decides to f up his life. He his above 18 let him.
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by tyinfinity: 7:47pm On Sep 28, 2023
Inbox me for possible solution.08063741763 .you will try something. if he can collect things from you
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by blackgold2018(m): 8:11pm On Sep 28, 2023
sudeba:
Just put him in an open prison here in Kaduna. He will surely reform after spending 2yrs there. I assure u, he will be calm & gentle like a dove. All sort of miscreants are kept there too, he will normalized with time
i have just be waiting for this. Either you said this out of wisdom or from experience

I have a wayward brother too. We have tried rehab, it didn’t.
We have tried Love, it didn’t work. Infant showing him love is the worst part. He will fill entitled for his wrong deeds. Prayers too, didn’t work.

The part we have not done is the prison. He is one of the major reasons I lost my both parents. I don’t even seek for his redemption anymore.

I know only seek justice. Punishment for his wrong deeds. Locking him up in prison for 2-4yrs. If he changes, lucky him. If he dies there, I don’t give a Bleep.
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Les: 8:34pm On Sep 28, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Jesus Christ changes those who wish to be changed. Stop shoving Him at people who are not at all interested in what He has to offer. undecided

There are drug rehab centers that do an effective job of rehabilitating drug users who are sincerely looking for an out from the habit. undecided
and what makes u think he doesn't desire change? Don't be a gent if darkness my dear.
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Kobojunkiee: 8:39pm On Sep 28, 2023
Les:
β–  and what makes u think he doesn't desire change? Don't be a gent if darkness my dear.
You folks are usually disconnected from reality itself. What aspect of OP's post convinces you that the boy in question desires change or your shoving of Jesus Christ at him? undecided
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Westerhoffe(m): 8:56pm On Sep 28, 2023
Draslo:

Most are forced there. You will hardly find anyone in rehab tat checked themselves into the facility. I have a friend that his folks took him to rehab because of rophynol addiction. Today he's a coke addict living the best life because he met a rich kid in rehab. They linked up outside and took their drug fueled lifestyles to the highest notch. No two Instagram posts are in the same country. Like, they are highly chilling on drugs kpa!

cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin
Those ones are lost cause.
I give up.
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Les: 8:59pm On Sep 28, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
You folks are usually disconnected from reality itself. What aspect of OP's post convinces you that the boy in question desires change or your shoving of Jesus Christ at him? undecided
and I asked, which part of the op's post convinces you that the boy in question doesn't desire a change?
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Kobojunkiee: 9:10pm On Sep 28, 2023
Les:
and I asked, which part of the op's post convinces you that the boy in question doesn't desire a change?
OP never said anything about the boy asking for help or making any attempts to change at all. According to OP's story, he remains a nuisance to his family and they are fed up with it. SO? undecided
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by benqo01(m): 9:14pm On Sep 28, 2023
This is difficult to handle just leave him be am sure he will someday come to his senses
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by birdman(m): 9:22pm On Sep 28, 2023
yomiracles:

This is an excellent option, but I doubt he is that available - but there are legit options in whatever city you are in. There are pastors who have experience in this, know what to do and not to do, and have no ulterior motives other than your well being. I have seen some of Tony Rapu's success with drug users in Lagos for example.

But the koko is the family has to be willing to follow the advice completely. Its not just a matter of praying the right way, everyone has to chip in and do the right thing. Meaning he will likely fall on some hard times, let him learn and resist the urge to bail him out and prolong the process. Once drugs are involved, oh boy...

Pharmakeia, from which we get pharma, drugs, etc is translated as sorcery and witchcraft in the bible. Because they can alter your state of consciousness, your battle to become sober is much more difficult, you are literally fighting yourself.
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by Sacrosanct12(m): 9:40pm On Sep 28, 2023
I also have a brother like yours , stubborn, rugged, bad friends, night life and all. Although I didn't get to experience it all by myself because after secondary school I immediately left home to serve . My parents just told me everything the past Christmas.
Said he was a torn in the flesh going around with cult boys, tattoo, staying days and weeks without coming home or anybody hearing from him. He also came to Lagos for apprenticeship with one of my uncle but was sent back due to his behaviors. At the moment he has really calmed down miraculously, he is doing well where he is. Just need to pray for him.
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by TheBTCinvestor: 10:05pm On Sep 28, 2023
Mummyimbecile:
Why some people decide not to be useful to themselves and the society at large is what I seem not to understand.

If you're useful, you will be the first beneficiary before others

You locked him in an ordinary police cell, have you tried RRS or Sars cell, I swear his brain will format even before he comes out.

They are not like ordinary police that will pass you quarter loaf of bread with pure water in the morning for you to eat, if he enter RRS or Sars cell, hunger will deal with him, cos those people no even get joy.

He will be the one begging you to bring him out, that he will never misbehave again.

Pls no offence. Do u have a child who is an slowpoke?
Re: How Can I Handle My Younger Brother by fineberry(m): 10:13pm On Sep 28, 2023
Your brother's is "Perfectly Immorally Inelastic". At this point no matter what you do has absolutely no effect on him.

Op prayer is only what I will advise. There's nothing God cannot do.

As per whether he will change base on physical/human effort that wan na no no.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Some Men Demand Intimacy before helping their Brother's Widow? / Should I Greet & Call My Husband's Younger Sister 'Aunty'? / Court Dissolves Marriage Over HIV Positive Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.