Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya (7359 Views)

Ade Adefuye Dies (Nigerian Ambassador To U.S) / Court Reinstates Elected LG Chairmen In River State / Wike Reinstates Sacked Lecturers, Appoints Chief Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by r231(m): 1:56am On Oct 20, 2011
Gej Reinstates "wife Beating" Kenyan Ambassador ,dr. Chijioke Wilcox Wigwe
The embattled Nigerian Ambassador to Kenya and the Seychelles, Dr. Chijioke Wilcox Wigwe, who was recalled by President Goodluck Jonathan in May after reports emerged that he almost beat his wife to death, has gone back to his post, reports said early today.

•Ambassador Chijioke (left): A Mike Tyson? The battered wife (right).

The reports said the ambassador has been sent back to Nairobi, the Kenyan capital by President Jonathan who acted against the wishes of his advisers and Kenyan authorities.

The advisers argued that allowing the ambassador to go back to work will set a negative precedent about wife beating.

The ambassador’s wife, Tess Iyi Wigwe, petitioned the Kenyan police in May urging them to promptly arrest the diplomat before he beats her to death.

In a letter she sent to Mr. Mathew Iteere, the Commissioner of Police, the distraught wife accused her husband of battering her and causing her serious bodily harm which has sent her to hospital many times, often between life and death.

The ambassador denied all the allegations. He was recalled to Nigeria after the incident.

Dr. Chijioke Wilcox claimed the woman did that to herself in bid to tarnish his reputation, I completely believe him and everyone supports his story; the children, mr, President and Myself. God save us from all the jezebellic women
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/10/19/jonathan-sends-wife-beating-ambassador-back-to-kenya/
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by Obiagu1(m): 2:44am On Oct 20, 2011
Good.
Now shame will be on her.
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 20, 2011
obviously they investigated the matter and found that the story was bogus (or that there was no reason to fire this man from his job)
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 20, 2011
I guess too much Yoruba blokos sent her out of her mind.

The power of a huge phallus.
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by Beaf: 8:02am On Oct 20, 2011
Is it true that her kids support their dads story? Or is that the OP's opinion?
Please, always post with links so we can verify.
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by DrummaBoy(m): 8:13am On Oct 20, 2011
The children corroborated their father's story
The story was all over NL months ago
How did U miss it?
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by Beaf: 8:15am On Oct 20, 2011
DrummaBoy:

The children corroborated their father's story
The story was all over NL months ago
How did U miss it?

Thanks. I didn't know that.
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by ifyalways(f): 10:02am On Oct 20, 2011
Hmmn.

I hope hes learnt his lessons and wont bring her back again no matter how bad he misses the "woman"s kpekus" . . .wonder how she sets it for him that made him go back for more despite all that has transpired
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by Kx: 12:19pm On Oct 20, 2011
Whether the allegation of wife beating was right or wrong,
are we saying this allegation on a serving Nigeria Ambassador and its effect on Nigeria's  image abroad
is not enough to relieve this man of his ambassadorial duties?
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by TenKobo1: 12:22pm On Oct 20, 2011
Even if the Ambassador is being blackmailed by the wife, i think it should have been better to post him to a different country order than Kenya. Not for anyone sake but For the sake of the nation he represents.
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by teemon: 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2011
i followed the story too all the allegation brought by the woman was faulty,really how can you imagine a man of his status beat his wife when he fully knows the consequences of his actions.Atleast justice was done well done GEJ
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by duduspace(m): 12:40pm On Oct 20, 2011
Glad for the man. His progress in life shouldn't be truncated by an unfaithful and unreasonable woman with no honour who would set up the father of her own children just because of money.
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by redsun(m): 12:41pm On Oct 20, 2011
Why do u like d.ick so much ileke? Are u sure u are getting enough of it?
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by EkoIle1: 12:51pm On Oct 20, 2011
The decision to send this man back to Kenya is a sad reflection of our National character, bad and insensitive leadership. This is what we're know for worldwide, bad, corrupt and shameless leadership.
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by redsun(m): 12:55pm On Oct 20, 2011
Wife beating is not a crime in nigeria. It is a macho thing and even the bi.tches seem to love,some of them think it is affectionate
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by hugooh42(m): 1:03pm On Oct 20, 2011
How in the world would you tale PM news seriously.The news a few weeks ago was that the man who is due for retirement has been cleared of the allegationa and officially retired after fully serving out years.So he is still entitled to his retirement benefits.
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by EkoIle1: 1:08pm On Oct 20, 2011
redsun:

Wife beating is not a crime in nigeria. It is a macho thing and even the bi.tches seem to love,some of them think it is affectionate

I just hope your own mother or any female member of your family gets battered like a rag doll because she's a beating loving b/itch.
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by justokey(m): 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2011
Good decision. The wishes of the woman did not come true, she should bury her head in shame. I hope the man has learnt his lessons.
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by dinah777: 1:31pm On Oct 20, 2011
Yah dats true,Wife beating is an acceptable illegal part of our constitution,afterall who is a Nigerian woman before a Nigerian man?I am sorry for those who constantly fall victims in their thousands each day.As for Mr Ambassador who send you go marry wife wey go set you up no be God give you that one own.
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by bisiaet: 2:30pm On Oct 20, 2011
Yah dats true,Wife beating is an acceptable illegal part of our constitution,afterall who is a Nigerian woman before a Nigerian man?I am sorry for those who constantly fall victims in their thousands each day.As for Mr Ambassador who send you go marry wife wey go set you up no be God give you that one own

I gues you do not follow the case sorrounding this issue from start. According to their kids who witnessed the whole saga the man did not beat the woman. Everyone who had ever had contact with the embassy testify that this woman is a terror in making both inside and outside. She publicly boasted to end her husband career and so on. The case was investigated and the truth was established that it was all "a make up to get or drive home a point".

I personally hate with passion for a man to beat his wife or girlfriend or fiancee to me is a kind of unforgiveable sin but in this case it was reverse and a completely comedy to deal a blow to a career so the Fed Govt are not silly to reinstate a diplomat who is a woman panel beater. Its the woman that need work on her moral conducts and how to be a wife and not just a wife but a wife of a Diplomat. This all I could say about it you may ask others for more info.

But personally I thank God for the man that his career did not end in shame has planned by his wife.
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by swaggerboi2011: 2:38pm On Oct 20, 2011
i said it before that the woman will lose at last,. do you think God is blind? never, he sees it all
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by swaggerboi2011: 2:39pm On Oct 20, 2011
The fear of women is the beginning of wisdom too oo
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by Frendys(m): 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2011
Am glad the Federal Government has looked into this case objectively and found the Ambassador guiltless of the heinous allegations the woman brought against her diplomat husband. She has forgotten that any against her husband is a blackmail against the nation itself, her family and her so called friends.

She may have realised now that the nation is more important than her bitchy interest. tongue

There are many women these days who are bent on destroying their homes for some pecuniary gain due to keeping wrong company, personal ambition and pride, etc.

I hate to beat any woman nor condone any man doing that; but I cannot stand a wife or any lady for that matter who blackmails people especially her spouse.

Our government has taken the right decision this time. grin
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by Niseamaka(m): 3:23pm On Oct 20, 2011
The kenyan police as well as the nigerian authourities
investigated and absolved this man of any wrong doing.
he deserve his job back. he is an extremely lucky man.
serious allegations like that would have destroyed his
name and carear. any woman that goes to such
lenght to frame her husband should be feared.
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by ziccoit: 3:38pm On Oct 20, 2011
GEJ full of taking wrong steps but, he has done well here. This is kind of brilliant decision we want not salamigate, kalugates, etc
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by dayokanu(m): 4:27pm On Oct 20, 2011
Maybe the Ambassador is nyashing Retardeen like Turai used to do
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by olawalebabs(m): 4:44pm On Oct 20, 2011
there are more to it, i don't think that ambassador is guilty, going by what his children are saying
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by VUVUZELA10: 5:15pm On Oct 20, 2011
@ duduspace
Glad for the man. His progress in life shouldn't be truncated by an unfaithful and unreasonable woman with no honour who would set up the father of her own children just because of money.
 Thanks for the above comment. This is one of the best decision by GEJ so far.
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by SIRNIMS(m): 7:43pm On Oct 20, 2011
Most women are evil, thank God the Ambassador's wife is put to shame!every body shout God is great

1 Like

Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by emmatok(m): 9:48pm On Oct 20, 2011
Hope he stays away from the evil woman for good.

I wonder why most women who condemn the Nigerian Ambassador earlier are staying away from these tread. grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by doofanc: 11:05pm On Oct 20, 2011
justice, thankfully, has prevailed.

I wish I could see the face of that his demonic wife when she heard this news
Re: GEJ Reinstates 'Wife Beating' Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya by ShyOne(f): 12:02am On Oct 21, 2011
I was one of the "fools" who believed in the woman's story and sided with her.  I felt utterly ashamed of myself.  Especially once I heard the account of the children (grown) - male and female - who were present the day he allegedly beat her.

TRUTH must prevail - Goodluck needs to keep him in Kenya - Moving him to another country would make the Ambassador as well as Nigeria's Government - they would look suspect and guilty. 

Good - keep him where he is - Truth will counter lies - the man can be allowed to claim back what is rightfully his and simultaneously close the mouths of his aggressors.

I have heard of women - hitting themselves and crying foul on the man just to get him arrested - I just thought the majority of those crazy antics weren't true.  I see I am wrong.  Looks like there are women out there - many more than I thought who carry themselves as "crazies on the loose."  smh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Throws-Out Petition Against Oshiomole's Qualification / Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos / Ganduje Honoured At Nigeria Entrepreneurs Awards 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.