Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Manual Transmission And Leg Pains - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Manual Transmission And Leg Pains (487 Views)

Leak Between Transmission And Transfer Case Lexus / 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers / 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do When Driving A Manual Transmission Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manual Transmission And Leg Pains by emmaak2(m): 9:51am On Sep 27, 2023
So I do drive auto tranny untill I came to lagos
A Hilux was given to me to drive ,I was driving from lakwe to ladipo and u could imagine the traffic ⛔..

My concern was my left foot on the clutch was always vibrating and shaking what could be the cause
Cc nurey
Cc Gazzuzz
Re: Manual Transmission And Leg Pains by kingreign(m): 9:56am On Sep 27, 2023
When you stop, put the gear in neutral. It's not a must to keep it in gear and clutch down. As for your left foot experiencing shaking and spasms, you need to visit a doctor get treated and also get a report and take same report to your employers leting them know your health challenge and applying for an auto transmission car.

2 Likes

Re: Manual Transmission And Leg Pains by emmaak2(m): 9:57am On Sep 27, 2023
kingreign:
When you stop, put the gear in neutral. It's not a must to keep it in gear and clutch down.

I do that bro but when moving the legs will b shaking again and normalize
Re: Manual Transmission And Leg Pains by kingreign(m): 10:00am On Sep 27, 2023
emmaak2:

I do that bro but when moving the legs will b shaking again and normalize

Go visit a doctor, get a report to your employer and apply for an automatic transmission equipped vehicle.

2 Likes

Re: Manual Transmission And Leg Pains by nurey(m): 10:30am On Sep 27, 2023
emmaak2:
A Hilux was given to me to drive ,I was driving from lakwe to ladipo and u could imagine the traffic ⛔..

My concern was my left foot on the clutch was always vibrating and shaking what could be the cause
z

It is caused by stress of driving the manual vehicle. There is reduced blood flow which you can eradicate by adjusting the seat in extreme traffic, it will enable you adjust your leg position reducing numbness and increasing blood flow. The best solution though is to switch to Automatic driving manual in lagos nah sufferhead

3 Likes

Re: Manual Transmission And Leg Pains by emmaak2(m): 10:34am On Sep 27, 2023
nurey:

It is caused by stress of driving the manual vehicle. There is reduced blood flow which you can eradicate by adjusting the seat in extreme traffic, it will enable you adjust your leg position reducing numbness and increasing blood flow. The best solution though is to switch to Automatic driving manual in lagos nah sufferhead

Will take this advise

Lagos and traffic
Re: Manual Transmission And Leg Pains by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:20pm On Sep 27, 2023
kingreign:
When you stop, put the gear in neutral. It's not a must to keep it in gear and clutch down. As for your left foot experiencing shaking and spasms, you need to visit a doctor get treated and also get a report and take same report to your employers leting them know your health challenge and applying for an auto transmission car.

You wan make Dem sack am give the one wey no complain?

1 Like

Re: Manual Transmission And Leg Pains by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:22pm On Sep 27, 2023
emmaak2:

Cc nurey
Cc Gazzuzz

if the clutch pedal is hard, it is very likely the disk and pressure palates need replacing.

Compare with a newer vehicle and post findings .
Re: Manual Transmission And Leg Pains by kingreign(m): 2:34pm On Sep 27, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

You wan make Dem sack am give the one wey no complain?

😆
Re: Manual Transmission And Leg Pains by jceesquare(m): 4:32pm On Sep 28, 2023
emmaak2:

Confirm if the pedal pulsates when you depress it.
If it does, then you have one or all of the following bad components.
1. Bad or wobbed flywheel.
2. Bad clutch plate.
3. Bad clutch disc.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help! Which Is The Best Toyota Gear Oil / Belgium Rx 350 2010 Japa Sale Just 8 Months Use / Daily Transporters Please Solve My Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.