Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,142 members, 7,829,081 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member (26441 Views)

Appeal Court Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Olukayode Doherty, Declares APC Winner / Tribunal Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Sowunmi, Declares APC’s Ogunyemi Winner / Court Sacks Lagos PDP Chairman Deji Doherty, Reinstates Dominic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by FreeStuffsNG: 3:50pm On Sep 29, 2023
Tribunal sacks Lagos Assembly member

The House of Assembly election petition tribunal sitting in Lagos has sacked the lawmaker representing Amuwo – Odofin Constituency I, Foluke Osafile, declaring Folorunso Olusegun (Ola Western), winner of the March 18 poll.

Osafile contested under the Labour Party (LP) while Olusegun was All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate in the election.

The 3-man panel faulted the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for declaring Osafile after reviewing petitions and defence presented before it by the APC and Olusegun.

The court ruling came barely a week after Osafile was appointed as the Chairman, House Committee on Wealth Creation and Employment.

Confirming the development, Osafile in a statement posted on her official Twitter handle, said that she would appeal the judgement, calling for calm from her supporters.

Her statement read in part, ” By now, I believe it must have come to your knowledge the new development as related to our electoral case at the tribunal that did not go in our favour earlier today.

” While the judgement is unacceptable by all standards and as far as supreme court precedent is concerned, I want to appeal to all our esteemed supporters across the constituency to maintain the same law and order that we are known for over the years as peace-loving people. I would like to assure you all that the tribunal judgement will be appealed and we shall get the appeal court judgement in our favour.

” I will continue to perform my legislative duties as enshrined in the constitution while the appeal judgement lasts. This is the mandate of the people and we will see that the right thing is done”.
https://businessday.ng/politics/article/tribunal-sacks-lagos-assembly-member/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by FreeStuffsNG: 3:50pm On Sep 29, 2023
LP lule pii again. The rule of law prevailed and that's good for democracy.

Those who came from PDP and other parties to hijack LP from the real owners of the party are meeting their waterloo in court.

It will be a surprise if LP will still legitimately lay claim to any seat by the end of the year.

That is the effect of using the politics of lies, criminal defamations, hate and bigotry by the LP mob. Check my signature for free stuffs!

71 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by AImiron: 4:06pm On Sep 29, 2023
None of my business.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by udemzyudex(m): 4:06pm On Sep 29, 2023
There's a gang up against LP at the tribunal, especially in Lagos.

142 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by inoki247: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2023
Lol why dem dey always call for calm after sack...

Who wan go fight for u before...

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by Yankiss(m): 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2023
Hmmm. The rate at which tribunals are sacking Labour party candidates since PBAT's PEPC win is getting suspicious. Don't quote me please.

69 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by Omoawoke2(m): 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2023
A win for democracy

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by BobbieZion(m): 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
LP lule pii again. Those who came from another party to hijack LP from the real owners of the party are meeting their waterloo in court.

It will be a surprise if LP will still legitimately lay claim to any seat by the end of the year.

That is the effect of using the politics of lies, criminal defamations, hate and bigotry by the LP mob.

🗑️

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by obembet(f): 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2023
Good for democracy.

All we want us better Nigeria

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by vanitybutiwanti: 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2023
udemzyudex:
There's a gang up against LP at the tribunal, especially in Lagos.
yes, not only Lagos, check some states in the SS. It's pure politics.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by meum: 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2023
Even with all the intimidation during the guber/HOA elections she that was in LP was still declared winner. How did it happen? It’s either she won or …

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by Amayabor1: 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2023
Well, all i can see is Tinubu and San-owolu trying to get rid of LP in the lagos state house of assembly. They were so embarrassed with what LP achieved in lagos.

59 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by usecondom(m): 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2023
Justice served.

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by wonder233: 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2023
The jubilation expressed here by the those commenting above isn't because the declared candidate will work better nor because the sacked one is not working. In fact, they don't know either candidate. The jubilation is strictly about tribal hate.

Our politicians are the luckiest in the world. They know they don't need to work for the masses, because the masses are not interested in that. What the masses of Nigeria want are tribal and religious triumphs.
So they feed them full dose.
The masses don't care if they starve, die or their kid's futures mortgaged, what matters is tribal pride.
Is the black man not a sub-human like this?

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by FalseProphet1(m): 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2023
People applauding this judgement don't know how dangerous it is for a country to operate a one party system.

It would be worse than having a military government.

This I have seen.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by enemyofprogress: 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2023
Obi 0-1 Tinubu grin grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by IboHausaYoruba: 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2023
Let the rule of law be respected. I don't care who win or who is sacked. All I'm after is the betterment of the populace.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by MacTayyy: 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2023
Ok
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by enemyofprogress: 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2023
usecondom:
Justice served.
justice delayed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by Millimann: 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2023
LP beat them wotowoto in that Lagos in the open playing field.

The judiciary is helping them to get in through the back door.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by Ofemmanu1: 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2023
LP must be exterminated at all cost.

We cannot allow daft potopoto basterrds in Government.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by BoldBrainz(m): 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2023
No be you again😂?!

MannaBBQ's successor. E never clear you say we see pass this one during Buhari era? But all of us still follow suffer the man "heavenly" administration.

So relax! You go tire!

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by abobote: 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2023
As expected, Tribunals continuing from where INEC stopped

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by Auspiman(m): 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2023
Do you expect the state leadership to allow the rightful winner to keep her victory? They are intimidated already by her light (presence). We all know the truth. She won QED.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by Tareq1105: 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2023
I hope the woman win at the Appeal bcoz women should be encouraged.
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by Temibold: 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2023
labour is finished

9 Likes

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by Authoreety: 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2023
Dem dem
Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by abobote: 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2023
obembet:
Good for democracy.

All we want us better Nigeria
Better Nigeria kee you there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by Wujio: 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2023
War politics. Nigerians see themselves as igbo, yoruba, not Nigerian. The countrys identity wont last too long

5 Likes

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by obawinner(m): 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2023
There's no short cut to success, not jumping from party to party or top to bottom. it takes years of proper planning to win an election. One more eluppe p down, more to go.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks Lagos Assembly Member by GoodOption5: 4:15pm On Sep 29, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ikogosi Warm Spring Resort Under Dr Kayide Fayemi / Activities Of Bandits Have Surprised Me ― Buhari / I Still Miss Abiola, Says IBB @ 74

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.