Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,769 members, 7,851,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:48 AM

Obaseki And Shaibu Shake Hands After Reconciliation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki And Shaibu Shake Hands After Reconciliation (33649 Views)

President Tinubu & Papa Ajasco Shake Hands In Lagos (Video) / Peter Obi And Asiwaju Tinubu Shake Hands At The Peace Accord (Photo) / Dino Melaye And Festus Keyamo Laugh, Shake Hands After Asking Him To Sing Anthem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki And Shaibu Shake Hands After Reconciliation by 8stargeneral: 10:20pm On Sep 29, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
That State is always governed by cantankerous entities.
You can say that again bro
Re: Obaseki And Shaibu Shake Hands After Reconciliation by toprealman: 1:32am On Sep 30, 2023
That’s a funeral right?
Re: Obaseki And Shaibu Shake Hands After Reconciliation by papamodico: 2:34am On Sep 30, 2023
I hope all is over now
Re: Obaseki And Shaibu Shake Hands After Reconciliation by Rolings: 4:41am On Sep 30, 2023
jom28gy:
The deputy governor, should mind himself, all your pranks cannot work with obaseki, your getting the whole thing wrong,

Is the Governor God?
And is there anything wrong with a deputy suceedding his boss?
Ganduje did
So also Umahi.
The political calculations that made him deputy could also be tweaked to make him governor.

I think that Obaseki overdid it.
Even if shuaibu erred he overreacted to someone who stood by him when he had similar issues with Oshiomole......

Shuaibu will port to APC just watch and see..
He apologized to reduce tension.
Re: Obaseki And Shaibu Shake Hands After Reconciliation by xxgig(m): 4:56am On Sep 30, 2023
Dittodat:
Edo no be Lagos. grin grin grin

Just imagine the audacity of this Governor. He only forgave him on the understanding that he would not run for Governor.
What's more Godfatherism than that? grin ;Do grin grin

Shaibu has no business contesting.
It js now the turn of our brothers in Edo central to produce a Governorand it should remain so.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki And Shaibu Shake Hands After Reconciliation by xxgig(m): 4:58am On Sep 30, 2023
zebszebs:
I trust Shuiabu to still go ahead to contest for the ticket but under the LP.

Just watch the man. You think he played NANS politics for donkey years for nothing?

He will not get the support expected.
Re: Obaseki And Shaibu Shake Hands After Reconciliation by Ballotti: 6:00am On Sep 30, 2023
Some people won't be happy o. grin
Re: Obaseki And Shaibu Shake Hands After Reconciliation by Omobude244: 6:50am On Sep 30, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
Politics is truly a brutal game

How this two former combo and ally become enemy is still something I'm yet to understand

In 2020 during the heat of APC vs Obaseki the way shuaibu fought hard make me even automatically the default heir to the governor ticket, I'm surprised about the turn of events

Someone should explain what obaseki will loose of shauibu contest
It's for the interest of PDP and everyone in Edo.
Edo central has not produced a governor or even deputy since 1999
Edo south have produced governors for 16yrs and a deputy for 8yrs
Edo North of which shaibu came from has produce a governor for 8yrs and a deputy for 16yrs

There is already a growing concern that for the sake of fairness and equity power should go to Edo central.
They can't do it on their own because they don't have the population. Just 5 local govt areas with a total population not even upto Benin alone. Edo south has 7 LGA, Edo north has 6. So we all has been urged to rally around them
Re: Obaseki And Shaibu Shake Hands After Reconciliation by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:23am On Sep 30, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
Politics is truly a brutal game

How this two former combo and ally become enemy is still something I'm yet to understand

In 2020 during the heat of APC vs Obaseki the way shuaibu fought hard make me even automatically the default heir to the governor ticket, I'm surprised about the turn of events

Someone should explain what obaseki will loose of shauibu contest
Obaseki will loose nothing but Shuaibu being a governor after him is totally against the principal of fairness and equity in Edo State. Next governor of Edo State should come from Edo Central.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki And Shaibu Shake Hands After Reconciliation by Dbarrzx: 8:23am On Sep 30, 2023
Dpharisee:
Obaseki wants power to shift to already suppressed zone and expects only people from that zone to be featured by all parties like in Delta state.
Shaibu should accept the situation for the sake of equity and fairness, Obaseki doesn't want to behave like Yahaya Bello of Kogi state who wants to hand over to his fellow Ebira from the same area after 8 years
Una believe in this dummy Dem dey sell abi?
Re: Obaseki And Shaibu Shake Hands After Reconciliation by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 30, 2023
Fira09:

Okay, mention your Godforsaken State let me do a review if the state haven't been governed by renowned fools.
Keep asking people to mention their states because your ugly governor and his ugly deputy brought their ugly mess to the public
Re: Obaseki And Shaibu Shake Hands After Reconciliation by jom28gy(m): 8:55pm On Sep 30, 2023
Rolings:

Is the Governor God?
And is there anything wrong with a deputy suceedding his boss?
Ganduje did
So also Umahi.
The political calculations that made him deputy could also be tweaked to make him governor.

I think that Obaseki overdid it.
Even if shuaibu erred he overreacted to someone who stood by him when he had similar issues with Oshiomole......

Shuaibu will port to APC just watch and see..
He apologized to reduce tension.
nothing wrong, but should be done in the right way, the deputy is not straightforward person
Re: Obaseki And Shaibu Shake Hands After Reconciliation by Superpack589: 5:45pm On Oct 01, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
The Russian red fox have been domesticated in Russia.

What is this? Lol grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Ambode Moves Against LGA Chairmen, Might Seize Allocations / Obasanjo: Buhari Will Call Me 'Sir' Till I Die. I Made Him Win 2015 Election / Adeyeye Hails Osinbajo’s Quiet Exit From Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.