Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Is Ijebu Garri Overrated? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is Ijebu Garri Overrated? (2231 Views)

Where Does The Word 'garri' Come From? / Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Ijebu Garri Overrated? by binhozie(m): 2:56pm On Oct 20, 2011
Ijebu garri this, Ijebu garri that!
Its no longer news that when it comes to drinking garri, Ijebu garri is the ish.
I know becos i've had cause to drink it once or twice.

But is it overrated?

Recently i had cause to go to market to buy ijebu garri, and got the shock of my life
The amount i usually buy for 200 naira, the ijebu equivalent was 750 flat!!!!
needless to say i ran away!

Pls isnt ijebu garri overrated? sad
Re: Is Ijebu Garri Overrated? by Fhemmmy: 3:30pm On Oct 20, 2011
I dont think so oh . . . sprinkle it on a nice beans and see the joy of ijebu gari . . . Lol
Re: Is Ijebu Garri Overrated? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 20, 2011
I drive 30+ minutes to buy 20 or 50 pound sacks of ijebu garri. It's the best thing on Earth tongue
Re: Is Ijebu Garri Overrated? by Knight1(m): 9:46am On Oct 27, 2011
clearly you have your answer.
mehn that stuff's great. grin grin
Re: Is Ijebu Garri Overrated? by Nobody: 3:22am On Oct 28, 2011
Heck no. Ijebu garri is great o. That's the only reason I make friends with ijebu people after the whole nasty ikokore dish
Re: Is Ijebu Garri Overrated? by GeorgeD1(m): 2:32pm On Oct 28, 2011
yes, ijebu garri is overated. try bendel garri for a change. grin
Re: Is Ijebu Garri Overrated? by iice(f): 7:24am On Nov 01, 2011
Not choosy. Will eat whatever except for that coarse gummy garri. Like eating gravel.
Re: Is Ijebu Garri Overrated? by WAVixen: 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2011
Over rated ke?
Re: Is Ijebu Garri Overrated? by GeorgeD1(m): 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2011
yeah. believe me when you move over to bendel garri you will know what i mean. wink
Re: Is Ijebu Garri Overrated? by Fhemmmy: 8:55pm On Nov 01, 2011
George_D:

yeah. believe me when you move over to bendel garri you will know what i mean. wink

E-mail me some and lemme compare and contrast
Re: Is Ijebu Garri Overrated? by GeorgeD1(m): 12:50pm On Nov 02, 2011
he, he, he! fhemmmy! i may have to convert it to electronic form before i can send.

do you know how many garribites a cup of garri could possibly translate into? grin
Re: Is Ijebu Garri Overrated? by WAVixen: 2:28pm On Nov 02, 2011
I be correct bendel pickin, so I know our garri very well. Its too starchy, loads of lumps/seeds, its not as smooth as ijebu garri. Though Bendel garri is good for eba and correcrt soup!
Re: Is Ijebu Garri Overrated? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:38pm On Nov 02, 2011
you sure say you grow for home so?
Re: Is Ijebu Garri Overrated? by Gbenge77(m): 8:38am On Nov 03, 2011
Its fantastic.

(1) (Reply)

The Most Romantic Restaurants In Abuja / Top 10 Most Expensive Whiskies In The World. / What Is The Difference Between 'sharwama' And 'doner Kebab'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.