Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,892 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? (18671 Views)

Which Do You Prefer Between Chicken And Turkey? / Where Does The Word 'garri' Come From? / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by alosiby92(f): 12:09pm On Oct 30, 2012
As an ijebu, I am biased to say the only garri i have ever had and enjoyed has been my home bred ijebu garri, however, growing up I heard something along the lines of Igbo people eating yellow garri. It was only until recently when a friend gave me some that I understood there is another type of garri~yellow garri.

So, Nairalanders: which do you prefer? yellow garri or Ijebu garri? and how do you like to eat it? cooked with egusi or soaked in water, milk, with or without peanuts?

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by k2039: 12:23pm On Oct 30, 2012
ijebu all the way.

Garri ye ma n kan gan.
Agaga ti ba mu garri yen pelu eja kika.

9 Likes

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by alosiby92(f): 12:27pm On Oct 30, 2012
am also Ijebu for life!! (translation please for those who do not understand the rest of the post). However, the other day I tried making some eba with ijebu garri and it ended up like pap...perhaps yellow garri is better for making eba?

10 Likes

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by breathing(f): 1:10pm On Oct 30, 2012
Hahah, thought this jobful co-wife of mine was 'beasting', who unleashed you again.

Ofcourse Yellow garri is better for eba, Seun loves it!

6 Likes

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by alosiby92(f): 1:13pm On Oct 30, 2012
#academiahassufferedtoday.....grin
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 31, 2012
Garri ijebu ko, garri Ifo ni. Abeg give me garri Ibadan joor.

2 Likes

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Ladytemi(f): 12:20am On Nov 01, 2012
Ijebu for sure.
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by bongila(f): 6:43am On Nov 01, 2012
I'm quite partial to Ijebu garri soaked with all the necessary things(milk,sugar,peanuts etc)however,for the purpose of making eba,I'll go with yellow garri.

6 Likes

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by acidtalk: 9:11am On Nov 08, 2012
Harsh garri.
Garri mixed with Alomo is the BOMB!!!
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by 234GT(m): 9:13am On Nov 08, 2012
Garri na garri. Gaari ni gaari n je!
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Thok(m): 9:13am On Nov 08, 2012
cheesy.. Wow finally a G4 thread..

7 Likes

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Rick9(m): 9:14am On Nov 08, 2012
[size=15pt] At Last A garri thread for the elites garri team. Where are they all of you come out from your hiding. Garri all the way. But who knows the latest price of garri[/size]

15 Likes

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 08, 2012
Do people still soak garri? Its been long o.
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by slimyem: 9:15am On Nov 08, 2012
Ijebu garri all the way!!
....i hear yellow garri is good for eba though..
Isn't the difference between the two just the oil igbos put in theirs?

1 Like

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by sweetchicks(f): 9:15am On Nov 08, 2012
My ever delicious slappin mouth precious ijebu garri can never be rivaled!

1 Like

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by oluking: 9:16am On Nov 08, 2012
if you are vulnerable to stomach Ulcer please avoid any form of garri.

1 Like

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by SIRBANYE(m): 9:16am On Nov 08, 2012
Garri tins cheesy finally a thread on garri. Yellow garri all the way. Seriously ll this thread improve governance in nigeria or the price of ...

1 Like

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by yankidelta(m): 9:16am On Nov 08, 2012
Generally for soaking, love Ijebu garri,that sour slap in your mouth and the crunchiness is just unique.

For Eba levels sha,Yellow's better.

4 Likes

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Rick9(m): 9:17am On Nov 08, 2012
[size=15pt] i Love Garri. #TEAMGARRI ELITES FALL OUT MEHN. [/size]
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by BabaEleko(m): 9:17am On Nov 08, 2012
I celebrate this thread like the black race celebrated Obama when he became the first black presido. Finally G+ movement is liberated.

3 Likes

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by crusufixo(m): 9:18am On Nov 08, 2012
I prefer ijebu garri weneva i want to drink garri ( Especially with chilled water and milk and / or bounrvita ). But when it comes to eating garri with soup, i would go with yellow garri.Am sure most peeps would agree with me

4 Likes

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by mcevans1(m): 9:18am On Nov 08, 2012
Garri wey almost my make friend eyes change to half past 5 grin
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by patanjaly: 9:18am On Nov 08, 2012
Where is sheun shaGARR1 oya dis topic is meant 4 u.

1 Like

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Seyidlc(m): 9:18am On Nov 08, 2012
coolIjebu garri dun baaje..na ijebu garri jawe..wit/witawt sugah e still sweet
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by ebamma(m): 9:19am On Nov 08, 2012
whether na ijebu garri or yellow garri or brown garri or white garri or purple garri, garri na garri
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by sauceEEP(m): 9:19am On Nov 08, 2012
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Yellow garri till i disapear for dis earth.

1 Like

Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by youngboss1(m): 9:20am On Nov 08, 2012
Ijebu garri all d way
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 08, 2012
i dey soak my ijebu garri with fried fish and groundnut as i dey type so. ijebu garri wins!
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by BabaEleko(m): 9:21am On Nov 08, 2012
I celebrate this thread like the black race celebrated Obama when he became the first black presido. Finally G+ movement is liberated. grin
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by dridowu: 9:22am On Nov 08, 2012
Garri ijebu òkán, i love garri ijebu. Proud to be a Ijebu Man
Re: Ijebu Garri Or Yellow Garri~which Do You Prefer? by babarazy: 9:22am On Nov 08, 2012
salivatin at d sight of d 2nd pic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Hosts First Beer Festival / Why "Hungry Man" On Indomie Pack? / Man Celebrates New Year With Monitor Lizard (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.