Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,665 members, 7,858,449 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 02:26 PM

Happy Independent Day To All Nigerians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy Independent Day To All Nigerians (4251 Views)

Happy independent 2million Man March For Peter Obi in Akwa ibom (pic) / Independent Day: Who Can Interpret This Punch Newspaper Cartoon Flakes / President Muhammadu Buhari Signs The 58th Independent Day Parade Book. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Independent Day To All Nigerians by Bintdawood(f): 8:32am On Oct 01, 2023
Despite the challenges, I still love my country and wouldn't trade it for anything. Here's to a brighter future for Nigeria and its people🥂🇳🇬❤️

1 Like

Re: Happy Independent Day To All Nigerians by joefelin2345: 8:55am On Oct 01, 2023
GreatKingg:
Nigeria shall be great again!!

This last election really exposed a lot of ills we have in our society. The division is just so glaring and clear for all to see. What people seems to forget is that we are first Nigerians, before ethnicity and religion. The last election shows the division along ethnic and religious lines. Let's be honest here, none of the three candidates that aspired to the highest office of the land would have had it easy. We all yearn for CHANGE, but yet we want to keep doing same thing as of old (same thing that haven't brought development over the years). We all talk about the good and better amenities in the Western world, which is why everyone wants to japa, but we all seem to forget that the same place you want to japa to, the citizens ancestors sacrificed a lot to make it look good for you to want to go there. No nation had it easy to greatness.

Nigeria's problem is too complex to be solved even in 20 years. We elected leaders, not magicians. Economy turnaround doesn't happen overnight. It takes a whole lot of planning and careful execution.

I really don't get how some people are waiting for the current administration to fail. The failure of the administration affects you and me, period. You voted because you are a patriot. If your candidate didn't win or wasn't announced as the winner, that doesn't mean you should wish ill on the country so you can mock the people that voted the winner. It is illogical and senseless. As a patriot, your allegiance should be to the country, not an individual.

Elections have come and gone. All we need to do is work with the administration to push the nation forward. We have no other place to call home. Nigeria is home.

As much as I could have agreed with you, we first belong to an Ethnic group before being Nigerians. Get that fact & have peace. 2nd, did the present Administration equally cooperate with the past ones e.g. No matter what Obj must have done, did BAT cooperate with him? Did BAT equally cooperate with Gej ? Let's honestly answer the above questions. Now BAT wants others to cooperate with him. How possible is that?
Re: Happy Independent Day To All Nigerians by Shomek(m): 9:05am On Oct 01, 2023
Let pray for nigerian
Re: Happy Independent Day To All Nigerians by ukaface(f): 9:10am On Oct 01, 2023
Make Una Pele o
Re: Happy Independent Day To All Nigerians by ResearchHedge22(m): 9:21am On Oct 01, 2023
Not really worth celebrating cos rather than moving forward, seems the country keeps moving backwards... Nigeria keeps getting unlucky with leaders with no metier. Before coming to government, they handle lofty ideas with no clear-cut ways of actualizing them when they come to governance. So rather than do the ideal, they keep rigmaroling.
Re: Happy Independent Day To All Nigerians by Sweetvie: 9:29am On Oct 01, 2023
Happy Independence Day🇳🇬♥️ God Bless Nigeria!
Re: Happy Independent Day To All Nigerians by GeneralPula: 9:32am On Oct 01, 2023
Ejyksneh:
Where do you live? I want to check something.

Meanwhile, even if you claim to have it all and all you need is available for you, I hope you drive to market to buy things? You drive around, right? The great number of people who don't have what you have will force you to collect all that you have, you will either be kidnapped, or you keep giving out all that you have to people by force
What do you mean if you claim to have it all? Nigerians and twisting things..

How’s I only see banditry, tribalism online thus mean I have it all?
Re: Happy Independent Day To All Nigerians by Evolutionism: 9:48am On Oct 01, 2023
See as the Thread dry like Smoked Fishgrin
Re: Happy Independent Day To All Nigerians by joefelin2345: 11:29am On Oct 01, 2023
Shattuck:
Got to be honest there is nothing about Nigeria that is worth celebrating, to realize that this nation is over 60 yet nothing meaningful has been achieved over these years is just shameful, this is not the time for congratulatory message, or some form of pretentious patriotism, by those who have perfected the art of state capture by gaslighting the masses with fake patriotism, Nigeria as never lived up to expectation not even for a day, let's take this moment to retrace our steps.
Quite explicit. But a few of them had made it financially thru corrupt means anyway. Can you say that any of the Heads of State, Governor's, Senators, House of Rep members & even Concelors & their families are experiencing hard times like this? Let's be wise pls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Happy Independent Day To All Nigerians by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 01, 2023
Shomek:
Happy independent to all nigerians
Happy Independence Day to everyone
Re: Happy Independent Day To All Nigerians by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 01, 2023
GeneralPula:

Yes, I am free. There’s light as I’m typing here presently and it’s since yesterday. That’s how we roll here..

Banditry? I only get to hear it online!

Tribalism? I only get to hear it online!

Low standard of education? Nah, our universities here are trying mehn!

Poverty? Let me speak for myself alone here! I’m free bro!

I personally have many things to thank Nigeria for! The country has blessed me a lot!
I like this response. God bless you bro

1 Like

Re: Happy Independent Day To All Nigerians by ogbe88(m): 11:58am On Oct 01, 2023
GeneralPula:

Yes, I am free. There’s light as I’m typing here presently and it’s since yesterday. That’s how we roll here..

Banditry? I only get to hear it online!

Tribalism? I only get to hear it online!

Low standard of education? Nah, our universities here are trying mehn!

Poverty? Let me speak for myself alone here! I’m free bro!

I personally have many things to thank Nigeria for! The country has blessed me a lot!
U are not well for an Adult male.
Re: Happy Independent Day To All Nigerians by ChristianMuslim: 1:12pm On Oct 01, 2023
No Happiness.. Today is suppose to be a National protest day all over the country because we are not HAPPY neither are we INDEPENDENT
Re: Happy Independent Day To All Nigerians by HopeGying: 1:49pm On Oct 01, 2023
Who pushed this bullshit to the front page?
Re: Happy Independent Day To All Nigerians by Shomek(m): 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2023
HopeGying:
Who pushed this bullshit to the front page?
becareful

1 Like

Re: Happy Independent Day To All Nigerians by naijamerican: 4:30pm On Oct 01, 2023
nigerian government should go and beg Britain to take over again, because between tribalism and stupidity Nigeria doesn't have a chance. Enough people have died already in this failed experiment.
Re: Happy Independent Day To All Nigerians by Emdebby2: 6:14pm On Oct 01, 2023
Are we celebrating hardship?
Re: Happy Independent Day To All Nigerians by HopeGying: 6:21pm On Oct 01, 2023
Fvck you mvther fvcker!

Shomek:

becareful
Re: Happy Independent Day To All Nigerians by GreatKingg: 8:26pm On Oct 01, 2023
You are totally wrong. We are first Nigerians, before ethnicity. If you are overseas and you are being asked of your nationality, your first response would be that you are a Nigerian, then the ethnicity in Nigeria you come from. Whatever ethnic you come from is housed in Nigeria, not the other way round. Know that and know peace.

Secondly, there was no Tinubu administration during the administration of OBJ and GEJ. There can only be one federal administration at a time. Either we like the occupant of the president's seat or not, it's in our best interest to support and cooperate with the government of the day to push the nation forward. Again, we've been doing same thing since 1960, and yet no development. Should we still continue doing same and expect a different result? Yes, the reforms are making things so difficult now, but these are necessary reforms to move the nation forward.

joefelin2345:
As much as I could have agreed with you, we first belong to an Ethnic group before being Nigerians. Get that fact & have peace. 2nd, did the present Administration equally cooperate with the past ones e.g. No matter what Obj must have done, did BAT cooperate with him? Did BAT equally cooperate with Gej ? Let's honestly answer the above questions. Now BAT wants others to cooperate with him. How possible is that?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ten Largest Ethnicities In South South / Which African Countries Are Better Than Nigeria? / Graphic Photos Of A Young Man That Was Shot Dead In Owerri By A Rival Cult Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.