Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov (29254 Views)

Nasarawa: Supreme Court Re-affirms Sule (APC) As Gov, Dismisses Ombugadu's Suit / Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) / Democracy Heroes Award Honours Gov. A.A Sule, Fayemi, Tijani, Fowlers, Nwoko Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by fergie001: 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2023
The Nasarawa State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Lafia, has sacked the incumbent, Abdullahi Audu Sule of the APC as Elected Gov in the 18th March Gubernatorial poll.

The tribunal held that the 1st Petitioner, David Emmanuel Ombugadu of the PDP was duly elected by majority of lawful votes cast.

On March 20, INEC declared the APC Candidate and incumbent Governor, Sule winner with 347209 votes, defeating his closest challenger, Dr. Ombugadu of the PDP who scored 283016 votes.

In April, Ombugadu & the PDP approached the tribunal (EPT/NS/GOV/01/23) challenging the declaration of Sule as Governor. INEC, Sule & APC were listed as 1st, 2nd & 3rd Respondents respectively.

The PDP accused the State INEC officials of connivance and computing results in error. According to the petition, the results from Eggon, Awe, Lafia and Keffi local Councils as announced by the Returning Officer were at variance with IREV portal results, INEC Certifies True Copies (CTCs) and Polling Unit results.

From the INEC CTC results and IREV portal given to PDP, the APC scored 289524 votes, while the PDP recorded 293653 votes. PDP won with a margin of 4,130 votes over APC, so we wonder where the Returning Officer got his results from, the Party noted.

However, Mohammed Dikko, Dr. Ayo Adekunle and Burkaa all Senior Advocates of Nigeria representing the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Respondents prayed the tribunal to dismiss the petition in its entirety with costs awarded against the Petitioners. They insisted that there were no credible witnesses presented by the Petitioners to buttress their allegation of computational error or reduction of votes in the calculation of the results.

They also argued that the petitioner dumped the BVAS machines and IReV records at the tribunal without presenting the records in the IReV and BVAS machines or even displaying them for everyone to see so as to show what was contained in the records.

A former Attorney-General of the Federation, Chief Kanu Godwin Agabi (SAN) for Ombugadu and J S Okutepa (SAN) for the PDP, asked the Court to declare their Candidate as duly-elected.

"The Polling Units results (Form EC8As) are tendered before the tribunal and they are the original results from the reliable places where elections are won and lost. Again, before the tribunal are Certified documents and the Form EC8As Results were different from what's in Forms EC8B, EC8C, EC8D hence the tribunal should focus on the witnesses depositions and documents before them which need no Witnesses to know who the winner is," Agabi noted.

RESOLUTION
The three-man tribunal led by Justice Ezekiel Oyeyemi Ajayi delivered their judgement by Zoom.

In resolving the Preliminary Objections, the tribunal held that APC Objections on BVAS Machine/ Screenshots tendered by PDP is over-ruled because the BVAS reports were pleaded, relevant and admissible.

The tribunal further dismissed the objections and delved into the merits of the petition.

"The Tribunal deducted the votes of Chiroma having compared the entries in polling unit results with the ward result. Also the incorrect votes magically ascribed to Gayam is deducted."

"Also the incorrect votes magically ascribed to Gayam is deducted. Chiroma and and Gayam regularised.

"The law is that only presiding officers can cancel Polling Units results. Ashige Results is here by Restored," the tribunal held.

The tribunal agreed entirely with the 2nd Petitioner on Kanje-Abuni. Votes wrongly added to APC deducted while Petitioners' votes unjustly reduced have been added.

"Alwazan Mada votes restored in favour of 2nd Petitioner (PDP)."

The Tribunal held that Petitioners' witnesses were all competent witnesses. The evidence of Petitioners' witnesses are all admissible.

The tribunal agreed with the 2nd Petitioner on all contentions on over voting. Votes of Parties in the 4 PUs discountenanced and accordingly deducted as prayed by Petitioners.

The tribunal upheld all the Contentions of the 1st and 2nd Petitioners.

By a majority decision of 2 to 1, the tribunal upheld the prayers of the Petitioners that the votes were indeed inflated, sacked the incumbent and affirmed Ombugadu (1st Petitioner) as duly elected having polled the majority of lawful votes cast.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/north-central/630034-breaking-tribunal-sacks-gov-sule-of-nasarawa-declares-pdp-winner.html

51 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by slivertongue: 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2023
PDP power to the people.

garfield1 ain't sleeping right tonight

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by press9jatv: 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2023
The tribunal hasn’t ruled on Pdp petitions
Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by TemplarLandry: 1:46pm On Oct 02, 2023
That's good.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by slivertongue: 1:48pm On Oct 02, 2023
press9jatv:

anticipation I guess
Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by fergie001: 1:52pm On Oct 02, 2023
press9jatv:
They read that first.

A winner has been declared by majority decision.

slivertongue:
no fake call pls
That's why I am careful to a fault.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by press9jatv: 2:06pm On Oct 02, 2023
fergie001:

They read that first.

A winner has been declared by majority decision.

That's why I am careful to a fault.
ok πŸ‘
Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by davidodiba(m): 2:07pm On Oct 02, 2023
Umbugadu has won

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by press9jatv: 2:09pm On Oct 02, 2023
davidodiba:
Umbugadu has won
lol πŸ˜‚ how did he won. Abeg Na the governor sule I heard that win the case
Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by Deemas(m): 2:10pm On Oct 02, 2023
Jubilation in the city of Lafia, Nasarawa State Capital as tribunal declares David of the PDP winner of the Governorship election rigged by APC and INEC.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by press9jatv: 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2023
Deemas:
Jubilation in the city of Lafia, Nasarawa State Capital as tribunal declares David of the PDP winner of the Governorship election rigged by APC and INEC.
dey play bro. Abeg Na the governor sule I heard they said he won oooo. Abeg don’t create another tension on nairaland oooo
Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by saintkel(m): 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2023
I am in Lafia now....come n see people dancing n singing.....David Ombugadu don win ooh

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by press9jatv: 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2023
saintkel:
I am in Lafia now....come n see people dancing n singing.....David Ombugadu don win ooh
but the tribunal dismissed Nnpp case against governor sule now. What that judgement now?
Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by press9jatv: 2:14pm On Oct 02, 2023
Barrister fergie001, Abeg I dey beg oooo. Update us oooo

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by Racoon(m): 2:16pm On Oct 02, 2023
Congratulations! Justice well served. APC is full of electoral criminals.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by kokoA(m): 2:17pm On Oct 02, 2023
David Umbugadu won the election. I pray the tribunal decides in his favour.

37 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by Deemas(m): 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2023
press9jatv:
dey play bro. Abeg Na the governor sule I heard they said he won oooo. Abeg don’t create another tension on nairaland oooo

Abeg park well, I am in Lafia right now.

24 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by saintkel(m): 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2023
kokoA:
David Umbugadu won the election. I pray the tribunal decides in his favour.
they have

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by press9jatv: 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2023
Deemas:

Abeg park well, I am in Lafia right now.
have they end the zoom judgement niii. Not yet official abeg
Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by davidodiba(m): 2:20pm On Oct 02, 2023
press9jatv:
lol πŸ˜‚ how did he won. Abeg Na the governor sule I heard that win the case

I am in Lafia town. Where are you

13 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by press9jatv: 2:23pm On Oct 02, 2023
BVAS Magic as Tribunal declares David Ombugadu of PDP winner of Nasarawa State Governorship Election.

4 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by press9jatv: 2:23pm On Oct 02, 2023
davidodiba:

I am in Lafia town. Where are you
nope. But it’s not official yet
Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by Vasgas: 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2023
Celebration galore

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by christejames(m): 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2023
Will there ever be justice βš– in Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬?

I pray the will of the people manifest in Nasarawa state.

6 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by fergie001: 2:27pm On Oct 02, 2023
press9jatv:
Barrister fergi.e001, Abeg I dey beg oooo. Update us oooo
You want me to post so that Gov will begin to congratulate himself cool

It's 2 - 1, but I have to be sure. The minority judgement was been read earlier.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by press9jatv: 2:28pm On Oct 02, 2023
fergie001:

It's 2 - 1, but I have to be sure.
exactly, same me also. Na Bvas saved the Pdp governorship candidate, David

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by press9jatv: 2:31pm On Oct 02, 2023
fergie001:

It's 2 - 1, but I have to be sure. The minority judgement was been read earlier.
barrister fergie001 , by 4pm we will know who wins at the end. Not official yet shaaaa
Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by Longevo(m): 2:32pm On Oct 02, 2023
Congratulations to Gov. David E. Umbugadu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by ImmaculateJOE(m): 2:34pm On Oct 02, 2023
Longevo:
Congratulations to Gov. David E. Umbugadu
Until Supreme court rules, no Congratulations to Him..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by garfield1: 2:35pm On Oct 02, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:

Until Supreme court rules, no Congratulations to Him..

You sabi

3 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by aieromon(m): 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2023
The governorship election petition tribunal sitting in Lafia, Nasarawa State, has sacked Governor Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa State and declared David Ombugadu, the candidate of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as duly elected.

In a ruling delivered on Monday, two of the justices agreed that the election was won by the PDP while one judge dissented.

Governor Sule of the All Progressives Congress (APC) sought re-election for a second term but faced stiff opposition during the election.

Mr Sule polled a total of 347,209 votes to defeat his closest opponent, Mr Ombugadu, who secured 283,016 votes.

More details later…

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/north-central/630034-breaking-tribunal-sacks-gov-sule-of-nasarawa-declares-pdp-winner.html
Re: Nasarawa: Tribunal sacks Gov A A Sule (APC), declares PDP's Ombugadu as Gov by Deemas(m): 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2023
press9jatv:

I still dey play oooooo...

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/breaking-tribunal-sacks-gov-sule-declares-pdps-david-ombugadu-winner/amp/

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC And PDP Billboards' Battle In Oshogbo...pic / Lai Mohammed Visits IDP Camp, Sees Horrific Conditions People Stay In (PICS) / Patience Jonathan: My Mother Owns Money In The Slush Funds Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.