Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,901 members, 7,828,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers (28895 Views)

Eight Nigerian Teachers Travel To US To Teach Yoruba In Varsities, Colleges / List Of Lecturers Accused Of Sex-For-Grades Scandals (Photos) / Sex For Grades: BBC Releases The Full Documentary Of Lecturers Involved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by OkukoIgbo: 1:33pm On Oct 05, 2023
Ee
Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by Oritna94(m): 1:33pm On Oct 05, 2023
E don be for naija. Half baked lecturers will take their place.

3 Likes

Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by Splitmind: 1:34pm On Oct 05, 2023
There is no crisis looming, it is not by force to go to school let them drop out and learn farming.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by dnawah(m): 1:34pm On Oct 05, 2023
ijustdey:

https://guardian.ng/news/crisis-looms-in-varsities-over-mass-exodus-of-lecturers/
me no fear,them go check them for forgery,some go come back.
Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by Mosba: 1:35pm On Oct 05, 2023
State hospitals are the worst hit especially those states with 'LET MY PEOPLE POOR' salaries states.

1 Like

Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by Kirchoffs: 1:35pm On Oct 05, 2023
80% of the lecturers that taught me in Unilag are no longer in Nigeria ,I t’s saddening that we are experiencing serious brain drain in our educational institutions

4 Likes

Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by DyingFetus: 1:35pm On Oct 05, 2023
Agbadorians are not happy over this
Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by Kakamorufu(m): 1:35pm On Oct 05, 2023
Yes oooo. A friend of mine left last year cool
Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by Splitmind: 1:35pm On Oct 05, 2023
Salvation120:
The future keeps looking gloomy for this country, yet some people don't mind as long as they have Internet bragging rights

Yes we don't care if you like cry! grin
Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by planetx: 1:36pm On Oct 05, 2023
How many of them will continue their professional career in the so called abroad, you better leave story and stop getting impressed with sound bites without knowing the full story, most of them just committed career suicide. They are all in the US driving Uber and doing deliveries their little saving grace is the exchange rate but no fulfillment.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by SouthernPlateau: 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2023
Make DE de go ....na Dia wahala be dat for all I know 1 day in my time
NIGERIA GO SURVIVE
AFRICA GO SURVIVE
MY PEOPLE GO SURVIVE OOO
NIGERIA GO SURVIVE cool cool cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by otokx(m): 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2023
It appears despite the exodus the departed staff are still collecting salaries.
Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by Greenfaces: 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2023
I wish o for japa
Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by pongwa(m): 1:39pm On Oct 05, 2023
ijustdey:

https://guardian.ng/news/crisis-looms-in-varsities-over-mass-exodus-of-lecturers/
shut up! There is no crisis anywhere. As people dey go, plenty people dey to fill up their positions. Anyone wey wan go make e go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by InvertedHammer: 1:39pm On Oct 05, 2023
Salvation120:
The future keeps looking gloomy for this country, yet some people don't mind as long as they have Internet bragging rights

/
It is all about bragging rights.

The ones bragging online are even in worse situation than others.

/

1 Like

Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by KigaliBruhm: 1:40pm On Oct 05, 2023
Dell latitude 5490
8gb 256ssd
I5-7th gen

Price - N180,000

Call or whatsapp

1 Share

Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by pongwa(m): 1:40pm On Oct 05, 2023
Kirchoffs:
80% of the lecturers that taught me in Unilag are no longer in Nigeria ,I t’s saddening that we are experiencing serious brain drain in our educational institutions
nothing like brain drain if we have more capable hands that can fill their positions
Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by Shinjawestern: 1:41pm On Oct 05, 2023
BloomingDale:
White men should please stop all these mass migration to their countries, and help us help the African man to stay and build his country. Don’t allow the African man to eat from the table you have prepared for yourselves, women and children. Help us help him prepare his own table for himself, women and children. I beg of you. The shame is too much for us that they cannot build a decent civilization for himself, women and children.

Mumu

1 Like

Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by Moutine(m): 1:42pm On Oct 05, 2023
Oh gosh .... Me slf I want to japa ... Canada tinza ...
Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by Judolisco(m): 1:43pm On Oct 05, 2023
There are alot of unemployed masters and PhD holders... Kindly employ them...me personally I'll be willing to take up a lecturing job

1 Like

Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by fiercehillz(m): 1:44pm On Oct 05, 2023
What kind of crisis?.

Won't they employ?
Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by CooldipoMPS: 1:44pm On Oct 05, 2023
grin
Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by sukkot: 1:44pm On Oct 05, 2023
Smithkafors:
Vote good president una say no.

Some wicked people are here defending failure.

Please what’s the difference between Buhari and BAT?.

No clear policy on anything.

Una done get 247 electricity ?.
No!. Una dey mock person that has a clear path for the nation because of tribalism.
i get 23 hours a day for like 4 months now. i have gone a whole week with light

1 Like

Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by AllenSpencer: 1:44pm On Oct 05, 2023
If the bars are not raised in our tertiary institutions, it will keep getting worse.

We are failing to accept that, the government can never fund university education to standard. Students have to pay their fair share.

1 Like

Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by FreeStuffsNG: 1:46pm On Oct 05, 2023
ijustdey:

They will come back and queue behind those courageous and patriotic ones who stay backwink We have travelled this road before.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by BloomingDale(f): 1:47pm On Oct 05, 2023
Shinjawestern:

Mumu

Coveter. Leave the white man alone. You covet his country, women, football clubs, dollars, etc. Na only una waka come. Shameless men. I shame for who no shame for una.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by wman(m): 1:48pm On Oct 05, 2023
This is concerning.
Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by uniquelyspecial(m): 1:48pm On Oct 05, 2023
cocolacec:
Let them go,others can take their jobs.
By 'others' you me you and who?
Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by Confirm4real(m): 1:49pm On Oct 05, 2023
A time will come Nigeria will be almost empty coz many people go don JAPA grin

Make una continue dey vote for APC...
Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by benqo01(m): 1:51pm On Oct 05, 2023
It is becoming a Shame someone said schooling in Nigeria is cheaper and this person is schooling abroad enjoying d various benefits

Government needs to step up
Re: Crisis Looms In Varsities Over Mass Exodus Of Lecturers by Octopusssy(f): 1:51pm On Oct 05, 2023
This is just so sad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How I Made It To Sweden From Nigeria To Study For My Master’s Degree / Gej's Alamajiri Model Schools - Pictures / January 18 School Resumption Date Stands - Ministry Of Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.