Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? (28420 Views)

Remembering The New Masquerade Soap Opera (Videos, Photos) / You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? / Reminiscence: Checkmate the Popular Nigerian TV Soap Opera Series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by Kokomo: 7:24pm On Oct 05, 2023
Stink of old school

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by Illegal1(m): 7:28pm On Oct 05, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
It is true when the say "a fool at 40 is a fool forever". grin

omoh..........bahd guy,i saw wat u did there.
Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by thatigboman: 7:29pm On Oct 05, 2023
Where are Francis Agu and Mildred Iweka now?
Checkmate was full package

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by Illegal1(m): 7:31pm On Oct 05, 2023
pedronule:
We didn't see the *detergent opera* and nothing will happen...

omoh..............I swr
Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by grandstar(m): 7:33pm On Oct 05, 2023
I remember it too well. I was in Unilag at the time. Nice program
Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by obiekunie01: 7:34pm On Oct 05, 2023
ANDREW IS CHECKING OUT!

that time Nigerians thought we have seen the worst, NOT KNOWING THAT SUFFER PROMAX IS WAITING IN FRONT !

MAY GOD FORBID ANY THING RESEMBLING BUHARI TO EVER HAPPEN TO THIS COUNTRY AGAIN.

ANYTHING THAT WILL MAKE US SAY WE MISS BUHARI! THAT THING SHOULD DIE BY FIRE!!!!
Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by tafat: 7:36pm On Oct 05, 2023
How time flies, this program no be today o, reminds me of the likes of the masquerade and co.

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by GboyegaD(m): 7:40pm On Oct 05, 2023
One of the best soap operas I watched growing up. I loved it the same way I loved "Behind the clouds", "Fortune", "Mega Fortune" etc.

4 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by thatigboman: 7:40pm On Oct 05, 2023
Beremx:
I wished Obiageli Molube loved her daughter in-law instead of bringing another woman to marry her son.

RMD and Bob Manuel Udokwu were my favorite characters

RIP to Amaka Igwe
chai Amaka Igwe is late? RIP. if I'm not mistaken, heard peaceful peace is late too abi. Abi the senior wife.

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by ahnie: 7:42pm On Oct 05, 2023
When men were boys ..lolxxx
Some months ago I ran into bob Manuel udogwu...exchanged pleasantries with him,dude is tall super handsome and huge.

And boy....he smells NICE

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by chiedozie198100: 7:44pm On Oct 05, 2023
thatigboman:
Wow. Checkmate was so so interesting, but they didn't complete it. Ego Nnamani later Ego Boyo (that girl fine die), Bob Manuel uzoukwu and the 3rd guy, that their drunken brother. Kunle bamtefa, peaceful peace ( kunle bamtefa's side later turned to another programme Fuji House of Commotion). Richard Mofe Damijo. That short actor with now white hair.
Who remember "ragos is fuur of fryover"
Mehn, checkmate was lit!!!!

RMD was segun kadiri
Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by thatigboman: 7:47pm On Oct 05, 2023
chiedozie198100:

RMD was segun kadiri
yea. Ego Nnamani's enemy in the movie

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by thatigboman: 7:47pm On Oct 05, 2023
ahnie:
When men were boys ..lolxxx
Some months ago I ran into bob Manuel's....exchanged pleasantries with him,dude is tall super handsome and huge.

And boy....he smells NICE
u saw him in asaba?
Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by ahnie: 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2023
Yeah they frequent my location alot especially edo villa
thatigboman:
u saw him in asaba?

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by tollyboy5(m): 7:50pm On Oct 05, 2023
FitCorper:
grin How time flies… I don Dey old oooo. Na to settle down remain for me… 😂😂😂
You watched this and you never settle down? grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by Kharol1234: 7:50pm On Oct 05, 2023
Who na too like to repeat NEWS 😞
Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by Calitoscassius(m): 7:51pm On Oct 05, 2023
Never heard of it, not over here anyway.
Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by NaijaCrusader: 7:52pm On Oct 05, 2023
The beginning of what we now refer as series. Checkmate was a major hit in Nigeria and back then Nigeria was a typical 2nd world country your problem was let 8pm come not whether there will be light or not and the sound of thousands of generators disturbing your eardrums. Ego was very beautiful and classy.
Poster thanks for narrating the plot again it is refreshing

4 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by thatigboman: 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2023
ahnie:
Yeah they frequent my location alot especially edo villa
wow.
What's edo villa?
Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by donprinyo(m): 7:54pm On Oct 05, 2023
Igbos worry o
Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by thatigboman: 7:55pm On Oct 05, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Never heard of it, not over here anyway.
serious? Checkmate was bomb in the early 90s. Super entertaining series.
Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by ahnie: 7:56pm On Oct 05, 2023
thatigboman:
wow.
What's edo villa?
some sort of location they often come to shoot movies....you can Google it to have a better understanding.

We nor dey send them here or dey de star struck cheesy cheesy
To us no body get their time...
Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by NJV: 7:57pm On Oct 05, 2023
Yea checkmate. smiley It was a favorite those days.
Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by thatigboman: 7:59pm On Oct 05, 2023
ahnie:
some sort of location they often come to shoot movies....you can Google it to have a better understanding.

We nor dey send them here or dey de star struck cheesy cheesy
To us no body get their time...
oo. Wow. Nice one. Asaba is really growing in the movie industry.
Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by thatigboman: 8:00pm On Oct 05, 2023
What about those fuji 1st son and 1st daughter?those ones go don big now.
Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by ahnie: 8:02pm On Oct 05, 2023
Yeah after Lagos is Asaba when it comes to shooting of movies, because asaba is serene,calm,and no body bothers them.
thatigboman:
oo. Wow. Nice one. Asaba is really growing in the movie industry.

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by NoToPile: 8:03pm On Oct 05, 2023
I always admired ego boyo on , she's fineee abeg. She was just so preety in my eyes then.

She also starred in one movie called Violated with RMD.

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by Yungmil: 8:04pm On Oct 05, 2023
Racoon:
grin Always a breathe taking soap opera.
Bro me too. But I no wan rush am o. Better girls sef come scarce for Abuja. Na baddoos full here.
Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by CJStarz: 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2023
Okiemute101:
This is an epic throwback honeslty... Francis Agu is dead I guess
Yes,he is. Sad indeed
Re: THROWBACK: Remember The "CHECKMATE" Soap Opera Of Yesteryears? by Calitoscassius(m): 8:10pm On Oct 05, 2023
thatigboman:
serious? Checkmate was bomb in the early 90s. Super entertaining series.
Where? In Naigeria? If it was in Naigeria then i would never have heard of it, I grew up in England..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: Pictures From Thelma's Birthday Celebration / AY's "A Trip To Jamaica" Rakes In N80Million In 10 Days / Obama Referred To As Chris Ngige By NTA (Photo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.