Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari (24372 Views)

How Not To Talk With Africa About Climate Change By Muhammadu Buhari / ‘Happy Birthday To My Incorruptible GMB’ – Aisha Buhari Calls Husband ‘General’ / Corruption Threatens Nigeria – And Its Election  By Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by naptu2: 7:56pm On Oct 05, 2023
Why GMB had to go, by Buhari

October 5, 2023

…Says he woul like to be remembered as President that is constitutionally compliant

Immediate past President, Muhammadu Buhari, has responded to muted calls by his followers and admirers over the eight years of his leadership that they preferred the old General Muhammadu Buhari (GMB) to President Muhammadu Buhari (PMB).

The General had been military head of state between December 31, 1983 and August 27, 1985, when his administration was removed in a palace coup.

In the 20 months that the regime lasted, Nigerians knew that a new Sheriff was in town. All forms of indiscipline, corruption and malfeasance were promptly dealt with. With his kindred spirit, Major General Babatunde Idiagbon, the unsmiling duo knocked a lot of sense into the heads of their countrymen and women. And we were fast shaping up. Then the move was truncated.

In his second coming 30 years later, as a democratically elected leader, a lot of people still expected the vestiges of GMB, but found a President that was completely transformed, devoid of all totalitarian tendencies. And there were many people who privately whispered to one another. We prefer GMB to PMB.

Was the President aware of those sentiments? “Yes, I was,” he told this writer with a laugh. He added:

“I was in the military, and rose from 2nd Lieutenant to Major General. When I joined partisan politics, the General had to go. I’ve heard people say they prefer General Buhari to President Buhari. But democracy is different from military rule, with its ruthlessness. Now, the system for decision making is different. We had Supreme Military Council then, but now, you have Federal Executive Council, which is constitutionally backed. I try to allow the system to work. I like to be remembered as a President that was constitutionally compliant.”

And truly constitutionally compliant he was.

The details, and more, are in a forthcoming book, ‘Working With Buhari: Reflections of a Special Adviser, Media and Publicity (2015-2023).’

Even this writer is looking forward to reading the book soon, as it rolls off the press.

*Adesina was Special Adviser to President Buhari, 2015 to 2023

www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/why-gmb-had-to-go-by-buhari/

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by HeatSeeker(m): 8:02pm On Oct 05, 2023
This information is not relevant to Nigerians at the moment. There are other pressing issues of national importance.

203 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by slimfit1(m): 8:03pm On Oct 05, 2023
The man who killed this country twice thank God for Babangida.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by Racoon(m): 8:03pm On Oct 05, 2023
cheesy A general no army should ever desire.

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by naptu2: 8:04pm On Oct 05, 2023
HeatSeeker:
This information is not relevant to Nigerians at the moment. There are other pressing issues of national importance.

Then why are you here? Why aren't you off discussing "other pressing issues of national importance"? Nobody held your hand and forced you to click on the thread at gunpoint.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by Urheadmaster(m): 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2023
Buhari the biggest scammer Nigeria ever had tongue

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by HeatSeeker(m): 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2023
naptu2:

Then why are you here. Why aren't you off discussing "other pressing issues of national importance". Nobody held your hand and forced you to click on the thread at gunpoint.

You need to chill bro cool my comment was not an attack on your person or your thread. It was actually directed at Buhari himself.

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by benuejosh: 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2023
Well.

Our star boy! We miss you but we are comforted that we have a better and also a reliable person whom you gave a level playing ground through which we brought him in by voting massively and he is Bola Tinubu.

Thank you Buhari for the good you did for Nigeria.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by bonechamberlain(m): 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2023
angry angry Only Nigeria produces such fundamentalist, thoughtless and paper general.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by SoNature(m): 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2023
Whether GMB or PMB, title doesn't remove incompetence!

Buhari and Tinubu are competing for Nigeria's most incompetent president. cheesy

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by naptu2: 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2023
HeatSeeker:

You need to chill bro cool my comment was not an attack on your person or your thread. It was actually directed at Buhari himself.

That still doesn't answer the question.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by Wizpa(m): 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2023
undecided
Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by Think9ja(m): 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2023
Ok
Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by JuanDeDios: 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2023
naptu2:

www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/why-gmb-had-to-go-by-buhari/

I was wondering who would write a thing like this, then I saw Adesina at the bottom.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by BarrElChapo(m): 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2023
🤔
Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:08pm On Oct 05, 2023
I have nothing to say

2 Likes

Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by gift2xl: 8:08pm On Oct 05, 2023
The worst man ever

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by Nemesis0147(m): 8:08pm On Oct 05, 2023
Nonsense…..
Who ask am?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by GiftedHands47(m): 8:08pm On Oct 05, 2023
Contact me for lost or stolen phones
A trial will definitely convince you

Contact me via siggy below for more info
Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by HeatSeeker(m): 8:08pm On Oct 05, 2023
naptu2:

That still doesn't answer the question.

Read my response again and stop being unnecessarily combative.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by happney65: 8:08pm On Oct 05, 2023
Abi nkan shey Egbon shina ni?

We told them in white and black in 2015, that voting Buhari will reverse all the gains ever made in this country . A Man that isn't worth to be a councilor

But the triple effects of herd mentality has brought us here.

The Man who brought him is also here and he is currently running Helter skelter.. cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by princeade86(m): 8:08pm On Oct 05, 2023
Hmmmm
Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2023
Is manual transmission really faster than auto

1 Like

Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by SouthSouth1914: 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2023
Nigerians are cursed with terrible and dysfunctional kleptomaniacs masquerading as politicians. In saner climes, PMB would be speaking from a jail cell!

Someone who doesn’t know anything about governance, came to enrich his friends and cronies, and mostly took Nigerians back to the dark ages of slavery.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by lomprico(m): 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2023
HeatSeeker:

I concur

Apc wants to divert attention

3 Likes

Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by Pwettylinda(f): 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2023
We don't care about you oga go and enjoy your loots undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by Judolisco(m): 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2023
D biggest mistake dis country made was voting for buhari...even northerners are regretting, kidnapping became a full time job during your time, same with banditry, recession, massive corruption, Naira scarcity, fuel scarcity.... Ur own na jst to dey travel up and down

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by naptu2: 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2023
HeatSeeker:

Read my response again and stop being unnecessarily combative.

OK, basically there was no substance in your initial post. Got it.

1 Like

Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by oluwaseyi0: 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2023
This media aids will never stop ass licking even after their principal infamous tenure has ended

2 Likes

Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by wittywriter: 8:10pm On Oct 05, 2023
Urheadmaster:
Buhari the biggest scammer Nigeria ever had tongue
Lies...biggest loading ATM.

Wittyness.
Re: Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari by Vickwinners: 8:10pm On Oct 05, 2023

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ / PICTORIAL: Pastor Adeboye Meets Gov. Adeleke, Anoints Him / PDP Moves To Woo Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.