Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

FÌLÀ: A Fashion Editorial Project. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / FÌLÀ: A Fashion Editorial Project. (451 Views)

Ladies, Consider Yourself A Fashion Disaster If You Dress Like This To Work / Les Romantique Season 1 Joel & Blaiks Fashion Editorial Portfolio Shoot / Kiks Kollection Street Fashion Editorial Photoshoot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FÌLÀ: A Fashion Editorial Project. by Timagex(m): 9:24pm On Oct 06, 2023
📌FÌLÀ.

A fashion editorial project on the Yorùbá traditional cap natively known as FÌLÀ.

Featuring: @loba_czar, @_olamakanjuola, @TheHalal_Brand, @Olufund_Bespoke.

Photography and design: Twitter @4togirafa

Instagram: @Timagex photography.

I will drop the links to my social media handles. I am available for gigs.

https://instagram.com/timagex__photography?igshid=OGQ5ZDc2ODk2ZA==

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FÌLÀ: A Fashion Editorial Project. by wittywriter: 10:29am On Oct 07, 2023
Timagex:
This fashion editorial project aims to showcase the fashion dexterity in some of the shapes, colors and designs of FÌLÀ that we have in the Yoruba culture.

Avoid trademark issues...my 2cent.

Wittyness.
Re: FÌLÀ: A Fashion Editorial Project. by Timagex(m): 11:25am On Oct 07, 2023
wittywriter:

Avoid trademark issues...my 2cent.

Wittyness.

I would appreciate it if you can elaborate on that sir.
Re: FÌLÀ: A Fashion Editorial Project. by Timagex(m): 9:11pm On Oct 24, 2023
The most common type of FÌLÀ in Yorùbá land is the Gọ̀bì.

The existing believe is that, married men wear and tilt their FÌLÀ to the left, while single men tilt theirs to the right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FÌLÀ: A Fashion Editorial Project. by Swiftgrp: 7:15pm On Nov 06, 2023
Timagex:
The most common type of FÌLÀ in Yorùbá land is the Gọ̀bì.

The existing believe is that, married men wear and tilt their FÌLÀ to the left, while single men tilt theirs to the right.
Is the tilting of the cap to the left OR right the standard Yoruba cultural practice? If so, I never knew that tbh. I used to think it was just a matter of choice.
Re: FÌLÀ: A Fashion Editorial Project. by Timagex(m): 7:39pm On Nov 06, 2023
Swiftgrp:

Is the tilting of the cap to the left OR right the standard Yoruba cultural practice? If so, I never knew that tbh. I used to think it was just a matter of choice.

The reason you believed that it is a matter of choice is because, most people tilt it to the side that looks best on them. There are times I have also told my clients to tilt their FÌLÀ to another side during photoshoots because the correct side doesn't look good on them. Our culture is fading. Some of us are just trying to salvage the situation. 😎

The married men wear and tilt their FÌLÀ to the left side and the unmarried tilt theirs to the right. That's the traditionally correct way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FÌLÀ: A Fashion Editorial Project. by Swiftgrp: 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2023
Timagex:

The reason you believed that it is a matter of choice is because, most people tilt it to the side that looks best on them. There are times I have also told my clients to tilt their FÌLÀ to another side during photoshoots because the correct side doesn't look good on them. Our culture is fading. Some of us are just trying to salvage the situation. 😎

The married men wear and tilt their FÌLÀ to the left side and the unmarried tilt theirs to the right. That's the traditionally correct way.
Impressive.

Thanks for the deep insights here @Timagex.
I usually wear the cap to the right but I will start switching to the left from now on that I'm fully aware of this fact.

I will do more research as to why Yoruba culture entails wearing the tilted Gobi to the left for married men and vice versa. So, if a man has been married before and gets separated from his woman, he has to revert to tilting his Gobis to the right.

I wish you the very best in your Ibadan base... Cheers!

1 Like

Re: FÌLÀ: A Fashion Editorial Project. by Timagex(m): 1:35am On Nov 07, 2023
Swiftgrp:

Impressive.

Thanks for the deep insights here @Timagex.
I usually wear the cap to the right but I will start switching to the left from now on that I'm fully aware of this fact.

I will do more research as to why Yoruba culture entails wearing the tilted Gobi to the left for married men and vice versa. So, if a man has been married before and gets separated from his woman, he has to revert to tilting his Gobis to the right.

I wish you the very best in your Ibadan base... Cheers!

Thanks for the kind words sir. I wish you the best too.

1 Like

Re: FÌLÀ: A Fashion Editorial Project. by Youngsage: 8:26pm On Nov 09, 2023
Type of thread that deserves to be on front page.

Welldone @op!
Re: FÌLÀ: A Fashion Editorial Project. by Timagex(m): 10:19pm On Nov 16, 2023
Youngsage:
Type of thread that deserves to be on front page.

Welldone @op!

Thanks so much for this.

Insightful contents like this don't bring "engagement". Hence, they can't make front page.
Re: FÌLÀ: A Fashion Editorial Project. by Timagex(m): 10:21am On Nov 27, 2023
📌 FÌLÀ

AN EDITORIAL FASHION PROJECT FOCUSED ON SHOWCASING DIFFERENT STYLING, COLORS AND DESIGNS OF TRADITIONAL YORÙBÁ CAPS NATIVELY KNOWN AS FÌLÀ.

One of the fascinating aspects of fashion has always been the interaction between culture and trends. Modern fashion designs always have traces of culture and traditions no matter how sophisticated they look. It is safe to say that, the Yorùbá culture cannot be swept away by evolving trends. This purple colored FÌLÀ was crafted by @olufund_bespoke.

Model: @Ola_makanjuola.

Photography and design: @Timagex photography.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FÌLÀ: A Fashion Editorial Project. by Timagex(m): 10:29am On Nov 27, 2023
📌 FÌLÀ

AN EDITORIAL FASHION PROJECT ON YORÙBÁ MEN.

The vibrant world of Yorùbá men involves a sense of fashion and style that is adequately influenced by tradition. Interestingly, FÌLÀ happens to be one of those traditional accessories in the Yorùbá culture that can be seen from a fashion perspective. It is also true that, for Yorùbá men, the GOBI style is the most popular. The sole act of rocking it also symbolizes maturity and class. This blue patterned FÌLÀ was crafted by @olufund_bespoke.

Model: @Ola_makanjuola.

Photography and design: @Timagex photography.

1 Share

Re: FÌLÀ: A Fashion Editorial Project. by uzomalahot: 8:47pm On Nov 27, 2023
Re: FÌLÀ: A Fashion Editorial Project. by Timagex(m): 11:07am On Dec 04, 2023
📌 FÌLÀ

MY FASHION STATEMENT

The Nigerian fashion industry is at the stage where, embracing our culture is the new cool. There was a time that, to be fashionable, you have to be foreign with your ideas and style. This awakening has promoted our culture and traditions to the global stage. This current growth of the Nigerian culture is not a validation, rather, it is a testament to the greatness that lies within.We now have fashion editorials and other creative projects that are solely dedicated to ideas and elements from within. I call this a major win.

This is project FILA. Stay tuned!!!

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

So Real ;recycle Your Dead Battery, Condemned, Inverter Battery, Batteries 2015 / Buy Garments, Kippar & Other Scriptural Materials / En-meshed In White This Wimbledon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.