Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) (12061 Views)

Poll: which nigerian tribe respect elders more

hausa: 1% (5 votes)
fulani: 1% (5 votes)
igbo: 26% (85 votes)
yoruba: 62% (199 votes)
itshekiri: 0% (2 votes)
ijaw: 0% (2 votes)
edo: 3% (10 votes)
idoma: 0% (0 votes)
efik/ibibiio: 0% (3 votes)
egbira: 0% (0 votes)
igala: 0% (0 votes)
kanuri: 0% (0 votes)
jukun: 0% (0 votes)
urobo/isoko: 1% (4 votes)
others: 0% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Elders Bowing for 17-Year-Old Delta-King Chukwuka-Akaeze I / Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? / Which Nigerian Tribe Owns Ogbono Soup, Okro Soup, Egusi Soup , Vegetable , White (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by htajz: 5:53pm On Oct 21, 2011
.lets vote no wuruwuru
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by Afam4eva(m): 6:01pm On Oct 21, 2011
Pls add indifferent to the post. As i don't think any group shows more respect than the other. Though the Yorubas greet more than others. Now that's a different thing.
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by aljharem3: 6:03pm On Oct 21, 2011
where is Ikwerre ?
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 21, 2011
Everybody credits yoruba for that.my mum still insists i must postrate while greeting her.
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by Afam4eva(m): 6:08pm On Oct 21, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Everybody credits yoruba for that.my mum still insists i must postrate while greeting her.

Look at the topic very well. It says respect [/b]and not [b]greeting. There's a difference.
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 21, 2011
Did that thread hurt you so much that you had to come here and create one in POLITICS?

~Bluetooth:

Good boy. Respect has no expiration date. I'd loff to see you postrate for me sha tongue
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 21, 2011
afam4eva:

Look at the topic very well. It says respect [/b]and not [b]greeting. There's a difference.
Stop confusing yourself.how else do you want me to show respect for an elder if not through social contact ? As a yoruba,an elder is an elder.you are restricted from criticzing their decisions,you use ''E'' for them all in a bid to show respect.maybe afam should tell us how ibos show respect to elders.
Ileke-IdI:

Did that thread hurt you so much that you had to come here and create one in POLITICS?
Good boy. Respect has no expiration date. I'd loff to see you postrate for me sha tongue
Sorry I can't postrate for any woman beside my mum not for anything !
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 21, 2011
who is any woman? mtchewww
you will, dont worry. shebi I'm coming to Eko in 10yrs time tongue
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by Afam4eva(m): 6:22pm On Oct 21, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Stop confusing yourself.how else do you want me to show respect for an elder if not through social contact ? As a yoruba,an elder is an elder.you are restricted from criticzing their decisions,you use ''E'' for them all in a bid to show respect.maybe afam should tell us how ibos show respect to elders.

It's an individual thing. There's no stipulated way of greeting people in Igboland. It has to do with how you were brought up.
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 21, 2011
afam4eva:

It's an individual thing. There's no stipulated way of greeting people in Igboland. It has to do with how you were brought up.
Fortunately,respect for elders is part of yoruba ethics and people like you have no choice but to accept it that way.The yoruba society sets the standard and it's obligatory on every yoruba.If you have stayed in places like oyo and osun,they are even stricter than lagos and ogun states because they uphold that culture to the highest standard.If you are older than me and you are a yoruba,i[b] must[/] address you as egbon or bros afam,i can't chose meet before you while eating,so many more.
Ileke-IdI:

who is any woman? mtchewww
you will, dont worry. shebi I'm coming to Eko in 10yrs time tongue
Who's going to prostrate to you ? Don't you know i'm your elder ?
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 21, 2011
^^^5 days does not really make any difference, my dear. We're the same age, jare.  angry
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by Afam4eva(m): 6:38pm On Oct 21, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Fortunately,respect for elders is part of yoruba ethics and people like you have no choice but to accept it that way.The yoruba society sets the standard and it's obligatory on every yoruba.If you have stayed in places like oyo and osun,they are even stricter than lagos and ogun states because they uphold that culture to the highest standard.If you are older than me and you are a yoruba,i[b] must[/] address you as egbon or bros afam,i can't chose meet before you while eating,so many more.

S, are you saying that it's only elders that should be accorded respect and others should be disrespected?

Btw, respect for elders is an African thing and not just Yoruba.
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 21, 2011
afam4eva:

S, are you saying that it's only elders that should be accorded respect and others should be disrespected?

Btw, respect for elders is an African thing and not just Yoruba.
In africa,yoruba must be among the first because we are outstanding.btw,what do you mean by ''others that should be disrespected'' ?
Ileke-IdI:

^^^5 days does not really make any difference, my dear. We're the same age, jare.  angry
Cele n tan e.O mop igi imu jina sori. . .iwo ti oyeki o ma pi ni boda.
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by jason123: 7:16pm On Oct 21, 2011
@OP
All these topics nowadays! undecided
There is no "h" in Itsekiri and there is an "h" in Uhrobo. Please, take note. Thanks.
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by OAM4J: 7:23pm On Oct 21, 2011
will like to see the result of the poll at the end of the debate.

In the meantime thread moves to Culture section. . .
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by Mojibola(m): 12:07am On Oct 22, 2011
What exactly is this suppose to achieve?
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by Mojibola(m): 12:08am On Oct 22, 2011
What exactly is this suppose to achieve?
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by Relax101(m): 12:11am On Oct 22, 2011
Holy crap.
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 22, 2011
yoruba
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by ebecode(m): 12:16am On Oct 22, 2011
Having been to every regions in Nigeria,i can say it is the Yorubas definitely.
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by Nymphnode(m): 12:18am On Oct 22, 2011
Ans= Yoruba
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by blackmale(m): 12:33am On Oct 22, 2011
yoruba,,,, no doubt
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by SEner: 12:46am On Oct 22, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Yoruba so-called respect for elders is fake. They dobale (genuflect) in your front and waka (curse) you behind your back. That is why Abiola, despite all he did, was betrayed by his brothers. That is why youths beat up Obas these days. That is why Fayose insulted Obasanjo in public. That is why Tinubu and his NL thugs are insulting Awo's wife. I can go on and on.
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by seedord247(m): 1:02am On Oct 22, 2011
Even Cannibals people nor say na Yoruba
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by mercenaryx(m): 1:22am On Oct 22, 2011
Why must most Nigerians apply prejudice in all their views?, it is apparent that the western part of 9ja has more morally trained people thereby making them full of respect for those who merits it, But here u are trying to make nothing out of nothing!, pls its not compulsory that you must comment on every thread, Though u re entitle to ur opinion but when u start abusing that right by pasting this comment of urs then it becomes a sin for u to share ur opinion because u re infecting ppl with garbage which I strongly believe constitute ur drum and terrible head!, Thank u
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by Nobody: 1:39am On Oct 22, 2011
I see that all igbos have joined together with their multiple IDs to vote grin

We all know its yoruba.

which Igbos hav respect for their elders? ROTFLMAO!! eVEN DEM SEF KNOW.
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by Ranoscky(m): 1:48am On Oct 22, 2011
I give it to the yorubas.
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by aloyemeka1: 1:50am On Oct 22, 2011
This Igbo vs Yoruba thing is getting outta hand. Igbos and Yorubas collectively have almost 90% of the votes. Does it mean that other tribes don't respect their elders?. How do you even measure the degree of respect?. It's like measuring the volume of fart that comes out of the fart nozzle by tribes. Finally, no culture is better than others and yours is not better or superior because it is different from others. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by seedord247(m): 1:50am On Oct 22, 2011
mercenaryx:

Why must most Nigerians apply prejudice in all their views?, it is apparent that the western part of 9ja has more morally trained people thereby making them full of respect for those who merits it,  But here u are trying to make nothing out of nothing!, pls its not compulsory that you must comment on every thread,  Though u re entitle to your opinion but when u start abusing that right by pasting this comment of urs then it becomes a sin for u to share your opinion because u re infecting ppl with garbage which I strongly believe constitute your drum and terrible head!,  Thank u

Prejuice ko . . .  FUMAN Juice NI.  Msheeew.

SEner:

Yoruba so-called respect for elders is fake. They dobale (genuflect) in your front and waka (curse) you behind your back. That is why Abiola, despite all he did, was betrayed by his brothers. That is why youths beat up Obas these days. That is why Fayose insulted Obasanjo in public. That is why Tinubu and his NL thugs are insulting Awo's wife. I can go on and on.

why can;t you go on? or your ticket for that Cyber cafe don finish abi. Jumentous Monkey.
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by mercenaryx(m): 1:57am On Oct 22, 2011
seedord247:

Prejuice ko . . .  FUMAN Juice NI.  Msheeew.

why can;t you go on? or your ticket for that Cyber cafe don finish abi. Jumentous Monkey.

u re absolutely brainless!, I know u must be one of the sons of prejudice, Pls ppl like you should be immolated, Nonsense
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by seedord247(m): 2:09am On Oct 22, 2011
mercenaryx:

u re absolutely brainless!, I know u must be one of the sons of prejudice, Pls ppl like you should be immolated, Nonsense

To be brainless is rather better than to be suffering from Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

Then you particularly should be isolated from the earth. ANOMALISTIC BABOON
Re: which nigerian tribe respect elders more(with poll) by jason123: 2:14am On Oct 22, 2011
Chei! They don rig election o! shocked grin
Nchara aka South-east aka Sner etc don rig am with over 30 usernames. grin grin wink

Anyway, it is the Itsekiris. Everybody, go rest!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stolen Benin City Mask To Be Auctioned In London For N1.25b / Most Progressive Rural Communities In Igboland / Glitz, Glamour Of Isinro Festival In Oke-ila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.