Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,619 members, 7,823,709 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Dressing Modestly Pays - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dressing Modestly Pays (35928 Views)

Mountain Of Fire Shows Satanic Dressing And ID Card To Hell Fire (Photos) / Lady Beaten And Injured In Taraba Church For Not Dressing Properly / Pastor Shantelle Jepchumba's Thigh-Revealing Dressing In Church Got Her Slammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Ashawokobokobo: 10:51am On Oct 08, 2023
Father4all:
But when Muslim Women/Ladies dress modestly, they abuse, insult, laugh and stereotype them. Bunch of hypocrites
Not true o!
I personally love hijab wearing girls.
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Calitoscassius(m): 10:54am On Oct 08, 2023
Total rubbish, who the hell decides what dressing modestly means? What the fork does dressing modestly mean? Who's business is it how i chose to dress?

I don't want anything from anyone!

I refuse to dress how you want me to, there are no such thing called dressing modestly,it is not in the dictionary, so that phrase means nada!

Children are dying of starvations, homeless kids all over Naigeria begging in the streets, hunger everywhere, malaria killing kids daily, kids walking bare foots. And all some goons are concerned about is how dresses modestly. grin

Africans used to run around naked until white people invented cloths and showed africans how to cover up. Fools!
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Father4all: 10:55am On Oct 08, 2023
Ashawokobokobo:

Not true o!
I personally love hijab wearing girls.
Then, you must be a Muslim
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by progressb4andno: 10:55am On Oct 08, 2023
Ashawokobokobo:

Gbam!
If that girl handle you for bed, you go forget your current girlfriend.

Bros, small matter look where u carry d levels go heh
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by izubext007: 11:08am On Oct 08, 2023
It's pays if she is a virgin
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by bigcasava1(m): 11:13am On Oct 08, 2023
You mean dressing modest to cover our secret sins pays right? I gat ur point
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Ganiyu2021: 11:24am On Oct 08, 2023
Admin please save this picture so we can fall back to it when needed once she change her ways grin grin grin grin
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Ashawokobokobo: 11:25am On Oct 08, 2023
Father4all:
Then, you must be a Muslim

Not at all. I am a Christian by faith.

1 Like

Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Ashawokobokobo: 11:25am On Oct 08, 2023
grin
progressb4andno:

Bros, small matter look where u carry d levels go heh
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by phemmyfour: 11:26am On Oct 08, 2023
FarmTech:

A modestly dressed lady can cause some men to think about Christ and eventually repent. Not all, but some.
Lies
Your character not dressing. That's why we still have evil perpetuated in deeper life despite their "decent" dressing
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by adams123: 11:40am On Oct 08, 2023
Where is modest dressing here na? If you are talking of modesty in dressing then you can check on muslimah(Muslim women) those that understand Islam teachings oo
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by siofra(f): 12:20pm On Oct 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Christians/Churchians and controlling of the way OTHERS live their lives are like 5&6. That desire to wield power and control over the freedoms of expression of others is a high they can't seem to resist. undecided

Thank you for saying this. As I get older, I've realised that every rule and law made by the Church (Catholic church especially) is just meant to control the minds of people. And it makes me so mad😤

1 Like

Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by soccerlite: 12:59pm On Oct 08, 2023
Dressing modest and having a good and benevolent and kind attitude

Not those wicked Su dressers that evil to relate and come across
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by delishpot: 1:30pm On Oct 08, 2023
Lol okay o
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by tarboshi(m): 1:35pm On Oct 08, 2023
Am not impressed. Kindly share you pictures of Wednesday to Friday.
This might be her Sunday 'uniform'.
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Pacesetter2021: 2:56pm On Oct 08, 2023
Yes modesty is very good.

The benchmark however is to not expose skin like thighs, boobs and avoiding body con shaped dresses that leaves nothing to the imagination.

Your hair however can be well adorned. Doesn't have to be covered up.

Just wanted to add that so the younger ones are not discouraged.
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Oct 08, 2023
Ombudsman1:
â– JUST DEY PLAY. ITS A REALITY YOU WERE BORN INTO AND WILL CERTAINLY DIE AND LEAVE AS IS. JUNKY
The delusions of religiously infected mind. grin
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Kobojunkie: 5:27pm On Oct 08, 2023
siofra:
■ Thank you for saying this. As I get older, I've realised that every rule and law made by the Church (Catholic church especially) is just meant to control the minds of people. And it makes me so mad😤
To control and subjugate all so their so-called religious leaders can continue to hold political power and control over the lives of those beneath them. Yes, religious sheeples/church goers are not equals with those who lead them even though some portray themselves as being of the same status as their followers. undecided

1 Like

Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Lucymercy: 6:51pm On Oct 08, 2023
FarmTech:
Do you know, you can command others to grant your heart's desire?

Yes! You can.

It is just so simple to do. The trick is this, dress the way you want them to address you.

You can command an interviewer to grant you that job request. He or she may not know your qualifications, but the first impression and appearance has qualified you already.

You can command your environment to respect you, even if you don't deserve it.

You can command your fellow age group to give you the respect you deserve.

All those things can be achievable when you are moderate in your dressing.

You don't need to expose the front and back qualities before others will respect you. They don't need to see your knees, laps, packs etc before they can give you what you need.

You don't need that skinny and tight gown before they can give you what you need.

I know, at this point some people are like…

That is what I do to get what I need. Some will say; nothing is free, not even in freetown.

Ladies, do you know that, those same human beings you expose your body to, are busy looking for a faithful and a responsible being.

They are only helping you tarnish your image. They have only come to give you a free ticket to a life filled with regret.

Guys, do you know that ladies find it difficult to believe a Guy that other ladies are so attached to?

Don't Kill the respect others are supposed to give to you. You deserve more than you are receiving. You are a speck and so special to be misused.

Dress in a manner that you want others to address you. Others will address you in the manner you appear, therefore be of guidance on your appearance.

I am so glad it is Friday. Don't go out this weekend with indecent Wears.

https://mbasic./1672728706190376/permalink/2975399482589952/?app=fbl
l laugh in in urhobo😄😄😄 . There was a time l have a girlfriend that dress like this and plate her hair with rubber and thread..friends mock me what l am doing with her some at of jealousy (the girls in our class) but unknown to them this girl now fire when it comes to bedmatics and sex..tell me the style will the not do. Abeg make una forget dressing.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Kobojunkie: 8:16pm On Oct 08, 2023
HugeElephant:
That's what make a Christian. You live a christ like life.
Nothing Christ-like about trying to control and manipulate others into doing as you want. undecided
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Kobojunkie: 8:21pm On Oct 08, 2023
frugal:
â–  We can only advise and encourage you. No one is putting a gun to your head or forcely trying to convince you. Very hyprocritical of you tho. On one hand you're accusing them of trying to control your freedom of expression. On the other hand you're also trying to control theirs by suggesting what they should or shouldn't say/do.
LOL.....you advise people by going as far as to lie to them using the name of God in your many lies to them? Una no know wetin dey do una at all. undecided
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Kobojunkie: 8:23pm On Oct 08, 2023
Porksupplyib:
🤣🤣 Here comes the religious confusionist with her confusion again. Can't you just rest? God is not concerned whether they do it clothed or naked, they should. Just obey his teachings? 😆 Dressing morally is not part of his teachings and commandments?🤣
Actually it isn't! Jesus Christ never instructed His followers that they had to dress modestly! undecided

As a matter of fact, when Jesus Christ was naked on the cross, He did not request he be covered up for modesty's sake. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by FarmTech(m): 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2023
Surface2AirToto:
Keep decieving yourselves. If you like cover yourself from head to toe like all those Muslim women, if you like remain a virgin till 40, person wey go still marry better husband go marry.
What will it profit sb to gain the whole world, get good husband and at the end loss her soul? If you want to make heaven, follow God's standard.
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by FarmTech(m): 9:44pm On Oct 08, 2023
Pacesetter2021:
Yes modesty is very good.

The benchmark however is to not expose skin like thighs, boobs and avoiding body con shaped dresses that leaves nothing to the imagination.

Your hair however can be well adorned. Doesn't have to be covered up.

Just wanted to add that so the younger ones are not discouraged.
You're right. Hair must not be covered.
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by FarmTech(m): 9:46pm On Oct 08, 2023
Lucymercy:
l laugh in in urhobo😄😄😄 . There was a time l have a girlfriend that dress like this and plate her hair with rubber and thread..friends mock me what l am doing with her some at of jealousy (the girls in our class) but unknown to them this girl now fire when it comes to bedmatics and sex..tell me the style will the not do. Abeg make una forget dressing.[color=#006600][/color]

phemmyfour:
Lies
Your character not dressing. That's why we still have evil perpetuated in deeper life despite their "decent" dressing
It's not just about dressing alone. Total obedience to Christ is what matters. Any lady that obeys Christ cannot dress immodestly.
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by FarmTech(m): 9:47pm On Oct 08, 2023
tarboshi:
Am not impressed. Kindly share you pictures of Wednesday to Friday.
This might be her Sunday 'uniform'.
cheesy. Some ladies are like that sha. In fact many don't even dress well in church. So many.
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by FarmTech(m): 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2023
WriterX:

In all of this dressing thing, I see this, the intent of the dresser matters for me in my views.

There is something the apostle Paul talked about. In Romans 14:12-15

Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way.
As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced that no food [2] is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean.
If your brother is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy your brother for whom Christ died.
Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil.

I consider this too in clothing, for me it is simple, the intent of the person who is wearing the clothes matter, why are you wearing it? Are you trying to get the attention of someone(s) cause this is where it becomes dangerous? Is a show of sexual appeal seduction? Again the society has really stretched the line on this. The bible says it is not what goes inside of us but what comes out.... so when you wear what you wear, what are your thought, is it a oh this dress is nice on me and everyone is going to love it or oh Jim must fall for this..all the guys must hear am! Lol

How we as Christians view things matter , verse 15 adds more , would what you are wearing discomfort a fellow believer, would it make you feel odd in a fellowship of other believers, would you be comfortable been with your Christ like brothers and sisters.

16. Reiterates your belief , we can only defend what is good and right when we know and do what is good and right.

In the end, i don't judge people base on their dressing, rather than judge people's dressing base on religious doctrine , lets do better .
So in a nutshell you're saying that we shud not judge immodest dresses? Aren't u aware that their conscious have been polluted by Satan? So why shudnt they be corrected?

Iron sharpens iron. No one knows it all that's why u shud be open to constructive criticism.
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by FarmTech(m): 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2023
DominusPrime:

Be able to think broadly. I dressed up for an interview with a suit, tie, nice pants and my glasses. I was the only person given the job. I was told that I was the best dressed amongst all the applicants for a job that didn’t even require that kind of dressing. And they said that was what made them give me the job. There are times when dressing can influence decisions and there are times when it won’t. You just have to be able to reason extensively instead of saying dressing can never affect decisions.
Well said.
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by phemmyfour: 11:20pm On Oct 08, 2023
FarmTech:

It's not just about dressing alone. Total obedience to Christ is what matters. Any lady that obeys Christ cannot dress immodestly.
But can disobey in other areas like gossiping, backbiting, stealing, adultery etc

Don't be deceived by their appearance, they are wolves in sheep clothing
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Kobojunkie: 11:26pm On Oct 08, 2023
Never once did Jesus Christ in fact say anything about dressing modestly mind you. But He did warn about those who would approach His own dressed in sheep clothing.... fake godliness which He attributed to the Pharisees and their blind followers. undecided
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by UncleKoboko: 6:42am On Oct 09, 2023
world123:
I respect modesty in dressing. However, telling me that the way I dress will influence people's decision is a fat lie.

Getting the right skills, wisdom, and God does the trick.
If you think the way you dress does not matter nor influence others, then you lack wisdom, common sense and morals.
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by FarmTech(m): 8:13am On Oct 09, 2023
phemmyfour:
But can disobey in other areas like gossiping, backbiting, stealing, adultery etc

Don't be deceived by their appearance, they are wolves in sheep clothing
U can't judge and condemn people u don't know. The fact that u know some that does that doesn't mean that 1000s of others do same.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun / Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? / Pastor Dead As Dunamis Church Collapses In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.