Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Why Didn't Gaddaffi Flee Libya Earlier On? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Didn't Gaddaffi Flee Libya Earlier On? (1154 Views)

Gaddaffi’s Last Formal Speech Most Read / Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee / Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Didn't Gaddaffi Flee Libya Earlier On? by Blackteeth(m): 1:58am On Oct 22, 2011
If Gaddaffi actually wanted to stay alive, why did he remain in Libya till the last minute? Why didn't he see the writing on the wall as early as when NATO decided to start the air campain against him? Common sense should have told him to flee far early enough. Why did he stay back only to beg for his life later on?
Re: Why Didn't Gaddaffi Flee Libya Earlier On? by tpia5: 2:00am On Oct 22, 2011
the story of his capture sounds rather fishy imo.

maybe its just my imagination.
Re: Why Didn't Gaddaffi Flee Libya Earlier On? by Kobojunkie: 2:05am On Oct 22, 2011
Out of curiousity, where do you thnk he could have gone to, by the way@Poster. Your question leads me to wonder if you are not just reacting now because the man is dead.
Re: Why Didn't Gaddaffi Flee Libya Earlier On? by Blackteeth(m): 12:15pm On Oct 22, 2011
^^There were one or two countries willing to give him asylum. I don't understand what you mean by say am reacting now cos he is dead.
Re: Why Didn't Gaddaffi Flee Libya Earlier On? by Kobojunkie: 1:54pm On Oct 22, 2011
^^^^ Which countries are those? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Didn't Gaddaffi Flee Libya Earlier On? by Blackteeth(m): 2:09pm On Oct 22, 2011
I think Venezuela and one other in Africa. I can't remember exactly for sure which two they were
Re: Why Didn't Gaddaffi Flee Libya Earlier On? by Kobojunkie: 3:04pm On Oct 22, 2011
And how would he have flown there? To Venezuela, I mean? Over the airspace of other countries? Which African Country? Niger set out to capture him if he dared go through their own territory. So which one?
Re: Why Didn't Gaddaffi Flee Libya Earlier On? by tpia5: 5:11pm On Oct 22, 2011
ouagadougou offered him asylum.

btw does anyone know why there's a town or compound called ouagadougou in libya (inside gadaffi's hometown as a matter of fact).

i saw a photo the other day.
Re: Why Didn't Gaddaffi Flee Libya Earlier On? by tpia5: 5:12pm On Oct 22, 2011
Blackteeth:

I think Venezuela and one other in Africa. I can't remember exactly for sure which two they were

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2092088,00.html
Re: Why Didn't Gaddaffi Flee Libya Earlier On? by cap28: 6:00pm On Oct 22, 2011
because he was not a coward and preferred to die a martyr in his birthplace - a concept totally alien to most africans who are cowards.
Re: Why Didn't Gaddaffi Flee Libya Earlier On? by Blackteeth(m): 6:51pm On Oct 22, 2011
Kobojunkie, all I know is that Gaddaffi escaping from Libya isn't a difficult one if he is serious about it. Simple
Re: Why Didn't Gaddaffi Flee Libya Earlier On? by Kobojunkie: 6:53pm On Oct 22, 2011
^^^ the man made it more than clear that he was going to win against the insurgents. Remember he fought against his own people till he was captured. He actually believed somehow that he could prevail but unfortunately, he lost.

I don't think we should now try to make him a victim in anyway. He made it more than clear that he would crush the uprising --- kill the rats and druggies.
Re: Why Didn't Gaddaffi Flee Libya Earlier On? by Blackteeth(m): 10:25pm On Oct 22, 2011
And the thread is simply asking why he didn't see the writing on the wall till the last minute only to beg for his life? That was his foolishness
Re: Why Didn't Gaddaffi Flee Libya Earlier On? by BlackLibya: 11:27pm On Oct 22, 2011
cuz he wasnt a b.itch
Re: Why Didn't Gaddaffi Flee Libya Earlier On? by Sagamite(m): 8:35pm On Oct 23, 2011
cap28:

because he was not a coward and preferred to die a martyr in his birthplace - a concept totally alien to most africans who are cowards.

Cretin, it is because he is a deluded fooool, who over the years has (inevitably) surrounded himself with sycophants and people scared of telling him the truth.

He stayed because he believed (and he was pysched) that he can win and people all around Libya will die for him.

Foooooool!
Re: Why Didn't Gaddaffi Flee Libya Earlier On? by nolongTing: 10:13pm On Oct 23, 2011
cap28:

stop sucking pon gadaffi's dead Di<k you useless, scared, self-hating f00l.
Re: Why Didn't Gaddaffi Flee Libya Earlier On? by velo10: 1:16am On Oct 24, 2011
Cos maybe he underestimated the power of NATO and the viciousness of the rebels
He never wanted to be tagged a coward
He vowed to be matyred for he cause of his country and didn't want to eat his words. I doubt if he wanted to be matyred that way.
Re: Why Didn't Gaddaffi Flee Libya Earlier On? by Kobojunkie: 1:26am On Oct 24, 2011
^^ The man believed he would prevail, that is the simple conclusion to be drawn from his own words and actions till the end. That his own son sought to BUY his freedom only 10 days to the day he was killed shows that they actually thought for a while that they would escape this.
Re: Why Didn't Gaddaffi Flee Libya Earlier On? by tpia5: 3:17am On Oct 24, 2011
the whole thing is sort of subdued and anti-climactic.

most people arent really tripped per se, though i could be wrong.
Re: Why Didn't Gaddaffi Flee Libya Earlier On? by hajifaty: 4:17pm On Oct 24, 2011
Because he is not a coward like any of Nigeria leaders and their western brainwashed Nigerians. How could expect the commander in chief to abandoned his fellow fighters while the war is still going on. The man has already said from the beginning that he will die on Libya soil. A man of his word

(1) (Reply)

Entire USA Still Shaking Hours After Ecuador Quake / Obama Slams Door In Putin’s Face: Counts On Russia Pulling The Trigger First / Trump Fires Two Impeachment Witnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.