Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Libyans May End Up Regretting How Moammar Gadhafi's Life Was Taken - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Libyans May End Up Regretting How Moammar Gadhafi's Life Was Taken (1473 Views)

Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! / Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? / Libyans Under Gaddafi Live A Better Life Than Americans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Libyans May End Up Regretting How Moammar Gadhafi's Life Was Taken by BigB11(m): 4:54am On Oct 22, 2011
First, please note that I'm not here to applaud Gaddafi's various despicable actions.

In fact, I'm happy for the Libyans for finally gaining their freedom. However, we must not forget that there are many different ways to effectively get rid of an unwanted leader or a dictator, but I'm not sure if the way or method Libyans have chosen to abash their leader of 42 years was appropriate under all circumstances.
Gaddafi was their leader for 42 years, I'm sure without any doubt that during his time there were a few things he did incredibly that favoured Liyan citizens enormously. So, to ambush Gaddafi (Libyan leader for 42 years) openly on the street like an unwanted but valuable bushmeat was not only uncivilized, but also did not speak well of the Libyan society quite frankly.

Without any questions, Gaddafi could have still been killed, but with class and utmost respect for their country, and absolutely not this terrible displayed of savagery at it's best by Libyan people.
Even the killing of Bin Laden who was responsible for the death of over 5000 Americans was handled not only with class, but also with respect.

I hope it isn't going to be too late for the Libyan to realize that they haven't humiliated their leader of 42 years, but they have humiliated themselves.
I will not be surprised if this country regrets this awful action for a very long time.
Africans say "be careful of what you wish for"

Let's keep our eyes open and watch how these folks handle their various businesses all around the world after the fall of the unwanted Gaddafi regime.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2051857/Gaddafi-dead-Dictators-son-Mutassim-pictured-moments-execution.html
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/235226/20111021/muammar-gaddafi-killed-dead-body-pictures-released-photos-gaddafi-gaddafi-dead-gaddafi-dead-photos-g.htm
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/10/21/gaddafi-dead-speculation-mounts-of-colonel-gaddafi-s-burial-115875-23504429/
http://www.facebook.com/WefaqLibyaEn#!/photo.php?fbid=298524726840171&set=pu.213284468697531&type=1&theater
http://www.reuters.com/video/2011/10/21/gaddafis-body-lies-in-misrata-market-coo?videoId=223731672&view=223731672&sp=2602&refresh=true
Re: Libyans May End Up Regretting How Moammar Gadhafi's Life Was Taken by zomby(m): 5:51am On Oct 22, 2011
Wow!
Since last night I have been searching for a report that denounces Libyans vulgar action toward the dictator's last 10 minutes alive. I'm happy to finally come across one on Nairaland. @OP: Nice one.
Gaddahfi may deserved to be killed, but not in a disrespeful manner. It was a totally an utterly inhumane way to treat or kill a human being.
We will find out sooner or later if Libyans have taken the right steps in publicly killing their leader like a stray animal.
Even the killing of Bin Laden who was responsible for the death of over 5000 Americans was handled not only with class, but also with respect.
Re: Libyans May End Up Regretting How Moammar Gadhafi's Life Was Taken by Gbawe: 6:34am On Oct 22, 2011
zomby:

Wow!
Since last night I have been searching for a report that denounces Libyans vulgar action toward the dictator's last 10 minutes alive. I'm happy to finally come across one on Nairaland.
@OP: Nice one.
Gaddafi may deserved to be killed, but not in a disrespeful manner. It was a totally an utterly inhumane way to treat or kill a human being.
We will find out sooner or later if Libyans have taken the right steps in publicly killing their leader like a stray animal.

What would you prefer? Would you like Gadaffi to be given poisoned tea in the most opulent palace on Earth? Would that please you? While thinking of the most dignified way for the deluded megalomaniac to meet his death please spare a thought for the many nameless thousands , not famous or celebrated, he sent to premature graves in the most dehumanising manner. Murder, torture, radicalism, ethnic cleansing, terrorism, anarchy, arming militant groups with dangerous ideology , etc , Gadaffi supported it all .

Folks should just defer to the will of the Libyan people instead of writing out of  righteous indignation. Libyans are over the moon that Gadaffi is gone. Their democratic future is bright whatever the doom merchant want to say about oil and "western imperialism". Libyans are not babies or fools. If they are smart then they will retain control over their prized asset - oil. Gadaffi is far from being the only man who can protect Libya's interests. 42 years of him making Libya into the private domain of him and his extended family should make this clear to all of us.

In the end, it is only a fool and a dinosaur who will not appreciate , in this twitter and facebook age, that folks like Gadaffi are the last unfashionable dictators in a world where the ordinary man is becoming more aware of his own power and importance. I only wish similar could happen in Nigeria to many of our behind the scene dictators who have never really left the stage like the man the OP worships slavishly. They are still causing chaos for our nation because of their lust for power by all means.

I am totally on the side of the people anytime, anyday. Amandla awetu. Do right by them, defer to them, and you will never meet the sort of end Gadaffi met. Simple. Actions have consequences . We should all remember that. Gadaffi had enough notice to quit yet he was the preening and deluded "king of kings" to the end in a world that has moved on to the extent that totalitarianism is now so yesterday.
Re: Libyans May End Up Regretting How Moammar Gadhafi's Life Was Taken by obowunmi(m): 9:08am On Oct 22, 2011
Interesting,
Re: Libyans May End Up Regretting How Moammar Gadhafi's Life Was Taken by efisher(m): 10:30am On Oct 22, 2011
Savagery begets savagery. He sacrificed the lives of several libyans just to fight a lost battle and to showcase his pride. I however agree with OP on one point, his killers should have displayed more maturity. How? I don't know Probably like the way the Americans handled Osama's case. cheesy
Re: Libyans May End Up Regretting How Moammar Gadhafi's Life Was Taken by Depilot(m): 3:54pm On Oct 22, 2011
Without any doubt Libyans' barbaric action toward Gadafi and his family will back fire.
Re: Libyans May End Up Regretting How Moammar Gadhafi's Life Was Taken by Depilot(m): 4:02pm On Oct 22, 2011
As you see from the video, his son was captured, he wasn't fighting back, but he was wasted just like his father.

Gadafi and his family may deserved to be punished severely, but not this way.
I think Libyans have a very long way to go. Good luck.
Re: Libyans May End Up Regretting How Moammar Gadhafi's Life Was Taken by BlackLibya: 4:19pm On Oct 22, 2011
Gadaffi is far from being the only man who can protect Libya's interests. 42 years of him making Libya into the private domain of him and his extended family should make this clear to all of us.

The problem with your analysis, is that the people on the NTC are overwhelmingly represented in the world financial bodies who prey on africa. Also among them are the usual opportunists that jump ship in Africa whenever their leaders are attacked.

The fact that they plan to hold elections, and the fact that NATO has its own ideas about who should run the country, means that most likely certain officials will be pushed on the libyans and hyped up internally, and if they dont win someone will start a militia and cause war.

Why? Because what the West wants it gets. It didnt want communism in Angola, so it waged war against angolans for 40 years with Jonas Savimbi.

(1) (Reply)

Netherland Set To Close Down Prisons Due To Lack Of Criminals / “greater Israel”: The Zionist Plan For The Middle East / Dubai Is Under Terrorist Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.