Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,799 members, 7,827,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead (2180 Views)

Former Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Dies At 89 / Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man / Wedding Of General Yakubu Gowon In 1969 (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by ResearchHedge22(m): 8:58pm On Oct 09, 2023
Former Military Head of States General Yakubu Gowon is Dead at the age of 89.

He is a retired Nigerian army general and also retired Military Head of State.

As head of state of Nigeria, Gowon presided over a controversial Nigerian Civil War and delivered the famous “no victor, no vanquished” speech at the war’s end to promote healing and reconciliation.
https://akelicious.net/2023/10/09/breaking-former-military-head-of-states-general-yakubu-gowon-is-dead/
Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by joseff14(m): 9:00pm On Oct 09, 2023
shocked
Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by jchmdaniel: 9:00pm On Oct 09, 2023
Rest in peace
Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by Felimax(m): 9:01pm On Oct 09, 2023
What should I say?
He never saw a better Nigeria.
When you have the chance to make a change make a positive change.

He came empty and of course he is going back empty. It is appointed onto man once after death judgement.

Let his judgment begin! The heavens are listening.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by Shellsploit: 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2023
shocked shocked
Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by illicit(m): 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2023
RIP

I met him at ABUAD
Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by Chimarto: 9:05pm On Oct 09, 2023
Judgement await.....
Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by ResearchHedge22(m): 9:08pm On Oct 09, 2023
Felimax:
What should I say?

He came empty and of course he is going back empty. It is appointed onto man once after death judgement.

Well I might disagree with you on the previous assertion, but will definably agree with you the later (it is appointed to onto man...).
He was gentleman. Had great lofty plans. He wanted a united Nigeria cos he himself came from a minority ethnic group and knew what it felt like to be shortcharged...sadly the cracks were already on the wall, Nigeria was changing.
Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by Iagos: 9:09pm On Oct 09, 2023
shocked
Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by LeoDeKing: 9:10pm On Oct 09, 2023
Yakubu Gowon is greater than 10 million Ojukwu.

Edumare bless him abundantly.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by Felimax(m): 9:10pm On Oct 09, 2023
ResearchHedge22:

Well I might disagree with you on the previous assertion, but will definably agree with you the later (it is appointed to onto man...).
He was gentleman. Had great lofty plans

The grave is so filled up with men who had great lofty plans.

You can disagree it's normal.
Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by tyup(m): 9:10pm On Oct 09, 2023
This Man made Igbos who they are today and also gave us a voice in Nigeria. We Igbos will be forever grateful to him and his posterity

I expect our SE leaders to declare a 3 days state of mourning all round the 5 Eastern states and a Public holiday be also declared to honour this good man.

I also remember how out of the abundance of his tender kindness he gave us £20 each which is like 25k in today's exchange after the war. a very good man. It's sad how good people die so quick.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by Jostoman: 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2023
Wow may his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by Nukilia: 9:12pm On Oct 09, 2023
The man who betrayed the Aburi Accord! I hope he'll discuss with Ojukwu now that they are in the same realm.

Traitors

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by Paragon311(m): 9:13pm On Oct 09, 2023
May his soul rest in perfect peace..

Those who governed the affairs of Nigeria at their prime.....
Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by FreeStuffsNG: 9:14pm On Oct 09, 2023
ResearchHedge22:
Former Military Head of States General Yakubu Gowon is Dead at the age of 89.

He is a retired Nigerian army general and also retired Military Head of State.

As head of state of Nigeria, Gowon presided over a controversial Nigerian Civil War and delivered the famous “no victor, no vanquished” speech at the war’s end to promote healing and reconciliation.
https://akelicious.net/2023/10/09/breaking-former-military-head-of-states-general-yakubu-gowon-is-dead/
No credible platform has carried this news.
Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by omonighoblessing(f): 9:18pm On Oct 09, 2023
He was a bad leader
Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by epondudu: 9:19pm On Oct 09, 2023
Those you implore God to take live longer but those you love leave early...Gowon has done his part if he did the right thing he will be rewarded and if it's the other way round he shall account for his crimes Rest in perfect peace YAKUBU.

Ibb
Obasanjo
M. Buhari
Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by omonighoblessing(f): 9:19pm On Oct 09, 2023
tyup:
This Man made Igbos who they are today and also gave us a voice in Nigeria. We Igbos will be forever grateful to him and his posterity

I expect our SE leaders to declare a 3 days state of mourning all round the 5 Eastern states and a Public holiday be also declared to honour this good man.

I also remember how out of the abundance of his tender kindness he gave us £20 each which is like 25k in today's exchange after the war. a very good man. It's sad how good people die so quick.
can i get u a doctor??
Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by Siwisheswereesh: 9:22pm On Oct 09, 2023
Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by ResearchHedge22(m): 9:23pm On Oct 09, 2023
Nukilia:
The man who betrayed the Aburi Accord! I hope he'll discuss with Ojukwu now that they are in the same realm.

Traitors
Well on the Aburi Accord, he was advised to repudiate the Accord on the grounds of national interest based on the advice of some powerful persons, Chief Awolowo inclusive. This was based on the argument based on Ojukwu's stance that should the East pull out from the Federation, forming a loose confederal structure permitting only monetary links, the West will follow suit...that will would have led to a divided federation.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by samwillyco1(m): 9:24pm On Oct 09, 2023
RIP to the Dead .

Nothing last forever.
Be careful of the things you do in this worlds while alive.
Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by Kukutenla: 9:24pm On Oct 09, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Yakubu Gowon is greater than 10 million Ojukwu.
Are you daft?
On this thread?
Really?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by tyup(m): 9:25pm On Oct 09, 2023
omonighoblessing:
can i get u a doctor??

I know we Igbos can be ungrateful atimes but Gowon deserves every accolade we give him

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:25pm On Oct 09, 2023
Felimax:
What should I say?

lipsrsealed

Yakubu Gowon fought for Nigeria and died as a Nigerian.

That other man fought for Biafra and died as a confused man. grin

He made kwashokor of his own people because of his foolish, selfishness. cry

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by ResearchHedge22(m): 9:26pm On Oct 09, 2023
omonighoblessing:
He was a bad leader
How pls?
Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by leanonme82: 9:27pm On Oct 09, 2023
Sad.
Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by Heffalump(m): 9:28pm On Oct 09, 2023
He was a very good man.
RIP Sir.
Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by Whalis: 9:30pm On Oct 09, 2023
Jack says he is alive.
Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:30pm On Oct 09, 2023
Rest in peace
Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by Dobodobo04: 9:31pm On Oct 09, 2023
If indeed through, RIP

Go On With One Nigeria. Name that equal destiny!!!
Re: BREAKING: Former Military Head Of State General Yakubu Gowon Is Dead by ResearchHedge22(m): 9:32pm On Oct 09, 2023
Whalis:
May his soul rest in peace. It is quite unfortunate Nigeria he fought for to keep united happened to be one he regretted Fighting for her unity.
Exactly

(1) (2)

Spitting And Destruction Of Christian Cementaries Is A New Pandemic - Israel PM / FG Should Beg Okonja Iweala And Others To return Back,arewa Twitter Group / Breaking News!! Nigerian Couple Wed Near A River (Photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.