Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

ITS FAKE NEWS!!! Former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Is Alive - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ITS FAKE NEWS!!! Former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Is Alive (1113 Views)

Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man / Ministers Who Served With Buhari As Military Head Of State Visit Him (Photos) / Buhari's First Day In Office As Military Head Of State 1983 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

ITS FAKE NEWS!!! Former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Is Alive by thegeniusmedia: 9:29pm On Oct 09, 2023
As against the purported news going on in the media space, Governorship candidate on the platform of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), in the last general election in Delta State, Olorogun Barr. Kenneth Gbagi FNIM, OON, has refuted the rumour, making the rounds that former head of State, General Yakubu Gowon (rtd), is dead.

The former Minister of State for Education, who spoke through his Chief Press Secretary, Orusi Kenneth, on Monday October 9th 2023, described the purported death as “handiwork of mischief makers”.

Gbagi, disclosed that General Gowon, is alive, hale and hearty and presently in London.

Quoting the much respected leader, Gbagi said: “General Gowon, is still much....https://www.thegeniusmedia.com.ng/2023/10/09/its-fake-news-former-military-head-of-state-yakubu-gowon-is-alive/

Re: ITS FAKE NEWS!!! Former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Is Alive by LeoDeKing: 9:30pm On Oct 09, 2023
Edumare bless this soldier abundantly.

He is a soldier to the core.

In sharp contrast to one bearded coward who japa to Ivory Coast in his wife skirt.

6 Likes

Re: ITS FAKE NEWS!!! Former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Is Alive by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:31pm On Oct 09, 2023
I'm sure he died wondering the reason he fought a war that kept Nigeria united.

Since the war ended, no substantive progress.
--Unending inflation
--Unemployment
--Insecurity
--Lack of amenities
--No electricity
--Mass Poverty
--Mass corruption

Worse still, his Jos people died heavily in the hands of terrorist North he fought the war side by side with. Up till now, the future around Jos and villages still look gloomy with reoccurrence insecurity. Jos, a very livable town which once used to be the toss of White tourists is now a ghost of itself. Jos has the best weather in Nigeria with many tourist attractions to even at least lure local Nigerians for vacations and enrich it's habitants but insecurity scares everyone away. Too bad.

May his soul rest in peace as he joins the likes of Obafemi Awolowo turning in grave and getting crazy with backward violent North and wondering the exence of the war to unite Nigerians. Chai

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ITS FAKE NEWS!!! Former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Is Alive by Jeon(f): 9:32pm On Oct 09, 2023
lies.

6 Likes

Re: ITS FAKE NEWS!!! Former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Is Alive by lordm(m): 9:32pm On Oct 09, 2023
RIP
Re: ITS FAKE NEWS!!! Former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Is Alive by LeoDeKing: 9:32pm On Oct 09, 2023
angry

3 Likes

Re: ITS FAKE NEWS!!! Former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Is Alive by tyup(m): 9:34pm On Oct 09, 2023
This Man made Igbos who they are today and also gave us a voice in Nigeria. We Igbos will be forever grateful to him and his posterity

I expect our SE leaders to declare a 3 days state of mourning all round the 5 Eastern states and a Public holiday be also declared to honour this good man.

I also remember how out of the abundance of his tender kindness he gave us £20 each which is like 25k in today's exchange after the war. a very good man. It's sad how good people die so quick.
Re: ITS FAKE NEWS!!! Former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Is Alive by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:39pm On Oct 09, 2023
tyup:
This Man made Igbos who they are today and also gave us a voice in Nigeria. We Igbos will be forever grateful to him and his posterity

I expect our SE leaders to declare a 3 days state of mourning all round the 5 Eastern states and a Public holiday be also declared to honour this good man.

I also remember how out of the abundance of his tender kindness he gave us £20 each which is like 25k in today's exchange after the war. a very good man. It's sad how good people die so quick.
Every one is making Igbos these days. Even Oni don claim same. Who be this hungry urchin?

2 Likes

Re: ITS FAKE NEWS!!! Former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Is Alive by benuejosh: 9:40pm On Oct 09, 2023
Fake news plenty this days.

1 Like

Re: ITS FAKE NEWS!!! Former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Is Alive by Sirianese: 9:42pm On Oct 09, 2023
thegeniusmedia:
The genius Media Nigeria repots that Former Nigerian Head of State General Yakubu Gowon has reportedly passed on at the age of 89.

While the cause of his death is yet to be disclosed. Yakubu Gowon died at 88 years.

Gowon led a counter coup and became Nigeria’s second....https://www.thegeniusmedia.com.ng/2023/10/09/breaking-sad-monday-in-nigeria-as-former-military-head-of-state-yakubu-gowon-dies-photo/

Bastard fuckíng animal

Maybe he burn and rot in hell for all eternity, Amen.

3 Likes

Re: ITS FAKE NEWS!!! Former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Is Alive by dododawa1: 9:46pm On Oct 09, 2023
Biafra will never forget him
Re: ITS FAKE NEWS!!! Former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Is Alive by TheBlessedMAN: 9:50pm On Oct 09, 2023
Dont believe it yet
Re: ITS FAKE NEWS!!! Former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Is Alive by majole: 10:03pm On Oct 09, 2023
He is alive
Re: ITS FAKE NEWS!!! Former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Is Alive by BiafraInc: 10:05pm On Oct 09, 2023
So the idiot died leaving his Birom people to be slaughtered on daily bases by the fulanis he slaved for.
Re: ITS FAKE NEWS!!! Former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Is Alive by SalamRushdie: 10:06pm On Oct 09, 2023
RIP Jack
Re: ITS FAKE NEWS!!! Former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Is Alive by KingKO22: 10:12pm On Oct 09, 2023
Nothing will make IPOBidients change their mind

Once they believe that he is dead even if he visits all the 5 states in SE

Headless mobs no dey change their mind
Re: ITS FAKE NEWS!!! Former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Is Alive by VinnyBaba: 10:12pm On Oct 09, 2023
And I have typed RIP in the other Thread. 😔

So Who will I Transfer it to now?🤔

I Transfer the RIP to CERTIFICATE FORGERY leaders that Doesn't mean Well for our dear Country!😏 👍👍

1 Like

Re: ITS FAKE NEWS!!! Former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Is Alive by Kenneth4u205(m): 10:12pm On Oct 09, 2023
So Gowon doesn't have mouth to refute his own death?. It is one senator from Delta state we should believe?.

1 Like

Re: ITS FAKE NEWS!!! Former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Is Alive by flokii: 10:13pm On Oct 09, 2023
Thank God..
I knew something wasn't right when I checked other platforms and didn't see any news about Gen. Gowon. Make the man neva die abeg.

1 Like

Re: ITS FAKE NEWS!!! Former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Is Alive by Christistruth00: 10:21pm On Oct 09, 2023
Baba Yakubu Gowon that is still healthy and dancing like a teenager with his Wife Victoria to the Nigerian National Anthem in Jos

He who God Almighty has blessed no one can Curse

Re: ITS FAKE NEWS!!! Former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Is Alive by ican2020: 10:28pm On Oct 09, 2023
The man who started backward march for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: ITS FAKE NEWS!!! Former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon Is Alive by Mynd44: 4:52am On Oct 10, 2023

(1)

Tinubu Files Objection To The Release Of His FBI Files In US Court (Photos) / Third Anniversary Of The Obigbo Massacre / FG Approve Construction Of Costal Roads From Lagos To Calabar, Enugu To Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.