Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,551 members, 7,861,619 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:33 PM

ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects (9277 Views)

Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet / NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria / Future Of Higher Education Belongs To Private Varsities — NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by Phred1717: 7:11am On Oct 13, 2023
Tetfund are actually doing their best. Are you telling me F/state universities don't generate fund internally. It all ball down to embezzlement and mismanagement.
kafeii123:

They are paying It....as part of levies...that should have been shared by all tiers of government...will any FG...or state university have gone to be repairing the roads inside a private university....or the buildings.....when the public universities in that state are still far from well catered to yet?... I mean many public universities are not even a quarter of the quality of buildings in the private institutes When you consider the size/quality of facilities per number of students who use those facilities.... they (TETFUND) should focus
Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by 99thEnemy(m): 7:26am On Oct 13, 2023
kafeii123:

Nope.... theRes's nothing In TETFUND's Mandate that concern's Private universities just that some of their staff Are also included in the Research teams Sometimes owing Tomthe fact.they may have some of The equipment needed for The Research
Same thing (improvement of standards).
Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by mignone(f): 2:29pm On Oct 13, 2023
fatboyslym007:

Sunnino Your name rhymes with dollardino just noting.
You just plagiarized my submission and claimed it as your own. Then you went ahead to call yourself Mumu... Shameless...
Fellow Nairalanders: Kindly Please read my submission.
I think d fellow was trying to quote u& then got it wrong.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by kafeii123: 7:48pm On Oct 13, 2023
Phred1717:
Tetfund are actually doing their best. Are you telling me F/state universities don't generate fund internally. It all ball down to embezzlement and mismanagement.

State universities may be generating significant amount of money...but I guarantee you for a fact....that what Federals generate is hardly even enough to meet up with what NEPA takes from them adter each semester.....
Saying that because the stalites in a federal uni I am used to only pay about 20-25k per session..yet NEPA alone gulps up to 10M every month.....so the school rations time when they put on the diesel generators......yet they don't get anything else but salaries from FG... .. This year for instance... they're already thinking to only hold interview screening for post UTME this year because what they spent on CBT screening test last year far exceeded what they generated from post UTME payment from students. These are some of the issues prevalent in the country's public institutions... especially the federal ones. And its quite funny when you see people who pay 15-50k service charge in federal unis complaining
Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by kafeii123: 7:58pm On Oct 13, 2023
99thEnemy:

Same thing (improvement of standards).

I get you...but private unis already mostly have far higher standards than many public Unis.... what they often lack...is huge patronage but that's more because of the economic situation of the country than a lack in capacity....I dare say that most of them even have far higher carrying capacities than the number of students they get every year...it's in public institutions that you have overstretched facilities... imagine an entire class of 90 using three Bunsen burners...3000+ students attending lecture in a hall built for 750-800 capacity...yet stuff like this is quite a common sight in federal universities...

By the way....NUC is considering granting licenses to foreign institutions in Nigeria... when that happens.... private universities will suffer serious decline in patronage and I hope they're already gearing up for that
Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by 99thEnemy(m): 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2023
kafeii123:

I get you...but private unis already mostly have far higher standards than many public Unis.... what they often lack...is huge patronage but that's more because of the economic situation of the country than a lack in capacity....I dare say that most of them even have far higher carrying capacities than the number of students they get every year...it's in public institutions that you have overstretched facilities... imagine an entire class of 90 using three Bunsen burners...3000+ students attending lecture in a hall built for 750-800 capacity...yet stuff like this is quite a common sight in federal universities...

By the way....NUC is considering granting licenses to foreign institutions in Nigeria... when that happens.... private universities will suffer serious decline in patronage and I hope they're already gearing up for that
Lol grin

You made me almost choke on the garri I am drinking. grin

Foreign institutions in Nigeria will be a welcome development.. I bet local universities will take cue to their standards.

I believe gradually we will get there.
Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by kafeii123: 10:33pm On Oct 13, 2023
99thEnemy:

Lol grin

You made me almost choke on the garri I am drinking. grin

Foreign institutions in Nigeria will be a welcome development.. I bet local universities will take cue to their standards.

I believe gradually we will get there.
government Universities have nothing to fear .. it'll help to reduce the load they routinely bear .... although I fear that that the attendance in public Unis may not be too affected tho ..it's those who are rich enough to attend private unis who may be able to gun for overseas unis.... tis the two of them who may now have to share the middle class pie

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

39 Things About Life I Wish I Had Known 10 Years Ago / Which One Will Be Full First? / Excel School Report Card And Result Sheet Format Excel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.