Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,360 members, 7,839,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It (33309 Views)

Nigerians Use Paracetamol To Cook Meat: Concern As More People Use It / Delta Doctors And Nurses Refuse To Attend To Accident Victim (Disturbing Photos) / Nigerians In Europe Pay Half A Million Naira For Child Circumcision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Skyfornia(m): 1:59pm On Oct 13, 2023
If I tell you say I understand this post...I will be lying to you.

2 Likes

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by alizma: 1:59pm On Oct 13, 2023
Ok
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by bestman09(m): 1:59pm On Oct 13, 2023
grin
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Gatsby(m): 1:59pm On Oct 13, 2023
Wow!

Any responsible God fearing husband will pay for at least half the bill.

The epidural probably saved your life and allowed you to conceive.

You need to raise the issue with his family because if unsolved, it will cause bigger problems later in your marriage.
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Evolutionism: 2:00pm On Oct 13, 2023
And who gives a Fvck. Nonsense.
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by wonlasewonimi: 2:01pm On Oct 13, 2023
nairalanda1:

Speaking on the ambulance matter, in New York, a woman was in a bad accident. Several people rushed in to help , while someone pulled out his phone to call for an ambulance. Woman somehow spotted him, somehow guessed he was calling for ambulance, because she screamed 'Please don't call an ambulance. I can't afford it'

Medicare is expensive anywhere period. Even in countries where it is free, people pay for it at very very high tax rates. (As in, half your yearly income). The USA has high health standards, which is why healthcare is very expensive there. (and why people are opposed to single payer healthcare like the UK's NHS, because it means higher taxes , and tax in the USA is very high already).

We had our baby in the NHS birth centre (massive room with all the gadgets) natural birth with epidural and all care. After the second day, we carried the baby home without paying a dime. They even provided food for the mum.

1 Like

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by noobody(m): 2:02pm On Oct 13, 2023
This is not a case for nairaland,there is a reason why it is was posted on Reddit
The reality over there is different from what is obtainable over here.
Any suggestions or input you think you have is. It valid.
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by 1Sharon(f): 2:04pm On Oct 13, 2023
wonlasewonimi:

We had our baby in the NHS birth centre (massive room with all the gadgets) natural birth with epidural and all care. After the second day, we carried the baby home without paying a dime. They even provided food for the mum.

Congratulations! That's because your woman was low risk.

2 Likes

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Kajaard: 2:06pm On Oct 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

First pregnancy without epidural? Na she pretend say she fit play wonder woman only to find out she no get the stamina join. Na her wahala be this one. Whatever decision she makes na she go bear am. undecided

Spot on Kobo cool
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Omobalo67: 2:06pm On Oct 13, 2023
siofra:

No, that's not true. African men that run to marry white women richer than them?
African men that wail here everyday that their girlfriends can't offer them money in their relationships??
African men that say they can't marry a woman who doesn't have a job?
African men that demand for princess treatment nowadays while pining for rich white women that will pamper them??
Definitely not the African men of this generation or on nairaland.

Babe, no, that's not true. We are talking about real African man that knows what paternity really is.
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Chibuzoripob: 2:07pm On Oct 13, 2023
sad Take heart..God has put laughter in your mouth (baby) Forget that Bill and carry on.Dnt allow devill scatter Ur happy home/family.Do Ur job as house wife.Hold no grudge over that.Bw sweet wink
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by cococandy(f): 2:08pm On Oct 13, 2023
Divorce him

1 Like

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by RevDesm0ndJuju: 2:08pm On Oct 13, 2023
Akata people
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by McLizbae: 2:09pm On Oct 13, 2023
These stories they always do me like movies... 🤣😂

Person wey get head nor get cap, the one wey get cap nor get head.
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by cococandy(f): 2:10pm On Oct 13, 2023
Ignoramus
MuMuOnBail:
Na wa ooo

What is so difficult about child birth? undecided

Is it not only pushing? angry

When 90% of our mothers gave birth to us at home with no assistance from anybody.

VERY LAZY WOMAN

I support the husband

1 Like

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by McLizbae: 2:12pm On Oct 13, 2023
This your comment nah stupid joke sha...
MuMuOnBail:
Na wa ooo

What is so difficult about child birth? undecided

Is it not only pushing? angry

When 90% of our mothers gave birth to us at home with no assistance from anybody.

VERY LAZY WOMAN

I support the husband
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by simple87: 2:17pm On Oct 13, 2023
1Sharon:

Congratulations! That's because your woman was low risk.

Even with complications, healthcare in the NHS is free.

The last time I checked on tax across the world, found out an African country CĂ´te d'Ivoire even had the highest tax deduction in the world, by the way the UK is not even among the first ten.
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by clinician2x: 2:17pm On Oct 13, 2023
Bliss52:
Medicare is very expensive abroad

The day I knew how much ambulance cost in Florida I feared for Oyinbo people

Ambulance that isn't even here

I guess you have never heard about the Affordable Care Act 2010 before. Can't blame you.
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by 1Sharon(f): 2:21pm On Oct 13, 2023
simple87:

Even with complications, healthcare in the NHS is completely free irrespective of the procedures.

The last time I checked on tax across the world, found out an African country CĂ´te d'Ivoire even had the highest tax deduction in the world, by the way the UK is not even among the first ten.

Its free at the point of use, but taxes are paying for it.
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by CoronaVirusPro: 2:23pm On Oct 13, 2023
Healthcare in the US is a silent demon. It can render one homeless.

1 Like

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Emeka71(m): 2:24pm On Oct 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

First pregnancy without epidural? Na she pretend say she fit play wonder woman only to find out she no get the stamina join. Na her wahala be this one. Whatever decision she makes na she go bear am. undecided
So right.
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Gboom: 2:26pm On Oct 13, 2023
This is absurd in Nigerian culture; it is men that pay hospital bills except few cases where there is teenage pregnancy where parents bear the cost or baby mama things where irresponsible boys and girls jam each other.
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by 99thEnemy(m): 2:26pm On Oct 13, 2023
DyshApp:
Okay coming here as a last resort because I genuinely think this problem could be the end of my marriage. Also throwaway bc my husband is a frequent redditor. My husband (35M) and I (32F) welcomed our first baby three months ago. We’ve been married 7 years now and decided it was time to expand our family. Everything was going well and we were in our little newborn bubble of bliss until the hospital bills came. Both my husband and I have jobs and everything financially is split 50/50, but we’ve always kept our money separate with the exception of a joint account for bills.

Throughout the duration of my pregnancy, I planned to go for an unmedicated natural birth with as little intervention as possible. That was up until I hit the 24 hour mark of labor, I caved and got the epidural (which I was open to having if needed). My husband had no problem with it, even encouraged it.

When the bill came he brought it to me to pay all $8,000+ (after insurance) from my personal savings, I asked why. He said “You’re the one that couldn’t hold out for a few more hours and jacked up the bill with all your meds and an extra nights stay and he shouldn’t have to pay for all of my extra requests. If I wanted luxury, I should expect to pay for it”. I was stunned, and flipped out, but I’ll spare you the details.

He refuses to budge, calling me a princess for expecting him to pay for all the “extra add ons” I requested in the hospital. this is by far the biggest issue in our 14 year long relationship so far and I’m so lost on where to go from here. I gave in and paid the bill, but since then we haven’t been talking much and honestly I just feel disrespected. Do I have the right to feel this way or is it just hormones? Am I The Asshole for expecting him to contribute towards the cost of my childbirth? WIBTA for considering leaving him?

What would you do in this situation?

You signed up for "for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part " when you said yes to his marriage proposal and took your wedding vows.

Have you forgotten so soon? cool
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by henidord3: 2:27pm On Oct 13, 2023
Oh! Boy a Nigeria man will never do that never 🫣😂😂
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by ahnie: 2:33pm On Oct 13, 2023
Aside their domineering altitudes, Nigerian men are the best
louken:
cheesy grin An average African man will joyfully clear the bill or run to his kinsmen to assist him clear the bill while giving glory to God for blessing his family with a bouncing baby. Still our womenfolk deride us and call us toxic and immature.
Oya naa, see an oyibo husband trying to split (or even refusing to pay) child delivery bill.
I wonder if any of our deluded feminists can accept what this woman went through. cry

1 Like

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by simple87: 2:33pm On Oct 13, 2023
1Sharon:

Its free at the point of use, but taxes are paying for it.

Yes, tax pay for it and you get so many benefits in return-the free health care, state pension, child benefits, disability benefits, social care support, and so many more. The welfare revolution of the UK has been highly successful and to me is far better than Nigeria system where you pay less tax and practically get nothing in return.
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Elgaxton(m): 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2023
DyshApp:
Okay coming here as a last resort because I genuinely think this problem could be the end of my marriage. Also throwaway bc my husband is a frequent redditor. My husband (35M) and I (32F) welcomed our first baby three months ago. We’ve been married 7 years now and decided it was time to expand our family. Everything was going well and we were in our little newborn bubble of bliss until the hospital bills came. Both my husband and I have jobs and everything financially is split 50/50, but we’ve always kept our money separate with the exception of a joint account for bills.

Throughout the duration of my pregnancy, I planned to go for an unmedicated natural birth with as little intervention as possible. That was up until I hit the 24 hour mark of labor, I caved and got the epidural (which I was open to having if needed). My husband had no problem with it, even encouraged it.

When the bill came he brought it to me to pay all $8,000+ (after insurance) from my personal savings, I asked why. He said “You’re the one that couldn’t hold out for a few more hours and jacked up the bill with all your meds and an extra nights stay and he shouldn’t have to pay for all of my extra requests. If I wanted luxury, I should expect to pay for it”. I was stunned, and flipped out, but I’ll spare you the details.

He refuses to budge, calling me a princess for expecting him to pay for all the “extra add ons” I requested in the hospital. this is by far the biggest issue in our 14 year long relationship so far and I’m so lost on where to go from here. I gave in and paid the bill, but since then we haven’t been talking much and honestly I just feel disrespected. Do I have the right to feel this way or is it just hormones? Am I The Asshole for expecting him to contribute towards the cost of my childbirth? WIBTA for considering leaving him?

What would you do in this situation?

This so-called man is actually a Bomboy. It's because he hasn't searched for fruit of the womb before.
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by simple87: 2:38pm On Oct 13, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Healthcare in the US is a silent demon. It can render one homeless.

So true. The greatest challenge face by an avarage American is the cost of healthcare. I know of an American family that moved to Spain because of their health care spending in the USA.
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by 99thEnemy(m): 2:38pm On Oct 13, 2023
Skyfornia:
If I tell you say I understand this post...I will be lying to you.
What I understand is that at the current dollar to naira rate as at the time of this very post ,₦6,008,156 was paid for by her for her Labor. grin
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by emmeyen: 2:39pm On Oct 13, 2023
Elgaxton:

This so-called man is actually a Bomboy. It's because he hasn't searched for fruit of the womb before.

And because he has not lost a loved one during child birth before.
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by sisisioge: 2:42pm On Oct 13, 2023
Lool.....I hope I dont sound azzzzholeish by advising you divorce his feeble mind. You dont need to stay married to a toddler biko!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amazing 3-Month Transformation Of A UNIABUJA Gas Explosion Survivor / Woman Births A Baby In A Classroom In Agatu, Benue State (photo) / Coronavirus: Lagos, Ogun Identify 100 People Who Had Contact With Patient

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.