Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,368 members, 7,864,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:14 AM

Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa (20243 Views)

Tesla To Mine Nigerian Lithium. Buhari Says They MUST Build Battery Factory 1st. / Ben Ayade Watches As Lady Sews Face Mask In Garment Factory In Calabar / VIDEO: Hon. Kalu Addresses Issue Of Budget Laying For 2020 At NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by naptu2: 8:09am On Oct 13, 2023
dfrost:
Please and please, they should prioritise employment for locals first, before others.

I understand that expertise matters albeit, the locals can also be trained.

Inclusion really matters.

@naptu2, thanks for bringing this news to the fore. Kudos chief.

Hope you rested and did your exercises this morning?

Good morning. Thanks, I did.

1 Like

Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by Babalola0920: 8:30am On Oct 13, 2023
siant:
only God knows how some people think.

No, they didn't do environmental impact assessment, na only you know about it.

Nonsense

Despite the environmental assessment that the white folks thought you in school didn't none carried out in Port Harcourt before drilling the land for crude oil. I don't know how people think through there anus cheesy wink
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by BigDawsNet: 8:33am On Oct 13, 2023
JASONjnr:
E sure me say, God took his time to bless Nigeria abundantly.... But he forgot to bring sane humans to inhabited the land.... Thereby causing blacks to migrate from different regions to settle here......

It's not God's fault... Gen 1 vs 28. .. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

He created us in his own imagine.. Its not his job to choose who lives in a certain region or country...

We have good people
We have bad people... Nigeria and Africans are just unlucky to be rule by the bad ones
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by NinjaMetahuman: 8:42am On Oct 13, 2023
dominique:
By the time the factory starts operations, battery we were buying for ₦200 will skyrocket to ₦500. Let's just keep importing biko
that will only happen if they ban the importation of batteries.
Because local producers are very greedy and love to profiteer.

They banned rice for local farmers - price of rice skyrocketed.
Same with cement, milk etc.

If they do that for petrol too after dangote refinery, dangote will use the eyes of Nigerians see shege.

1 Like

Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by pansophist(m): 8:43am On Oct 13, 2023
Gerrard59:

The Chinese would gladly share the technology IF you ask. If you don't ask, they won't share it. That is how they do. Ask, and it shall be given unto you. You don't ask? No technology.

@Pansophist: Here we have it; investments, good vibes, pork and Mandarin. Wouldn't you rather do business with the Chinese?

Long live the CCP grin

In China we trust!

You want make some people for this forum self-immolate abi grin
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by hardon1(m): 8:51am On Oct 13, 2023
dominique:
By the time the factory starts operations, battery we were buying for ₦200 will skyrocket to ₦500. Let's just keep importing biko

Yes o, na wetin happen to rice, immediately they said the country has started producing rice sufficiently, person no fit see rice buy again.

Yeye country

1 Like

Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by OMBIIGA: 8:55am On Oct 13, 2023
Cheese game in anticipation of election re-run.
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by Ladoja19: 8:55am On Oct 13, 2023
They should come !, So that ur bandits and terrorist brothers would have access to get them kidnaps
Jbleenk:
Way to go. We are on the right track on this. Time to force the west to do our bidding as well

. If you can’t come here to build industries instead of pillaging our resources and exporting them to your countries then forget it we won’t allow you access to what you are so much in need of period.
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by DaddyJapan(m): 8:59am On Oct 13, 2023
Chief @Naptu2, thanks for reading my post grin

Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by MrBONE2(m): 9:02am On Oct 13, 2023
Ahmed0336:

That's just it.
The day Africa wakes up from her slumber, that's the day the world will give us the respect we deserve.

grin

Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by nairalanda1(m): 9:18am On Oct 13, 2023
PepeXKermit:

your assertion is very folly to say the least. tell me which country is more politically and economically unstable and uncertain as Nigeria. even you, if you are a small business owner of just one shop with 10sqm of space, imagine how much you spend in generating your won elecricity. you are then asking a company who needs to maximize their profit, to come and invest/open a factory in Nigeria that will not only bring htem untold losses but with lots of uncertainty about its climate. you want them to come and invest so that your youths can be employed? which foolish business man will take such an offer? did you think these billionaire were rich out of the blues? you guys are making me laugh honestly. any country that cannot fix their political climate, will never have a thriving economy. check anywhere in the worold and give me a contradicitng opinion of my assertion.

Even then we import more than we make

Anything to redress that is welcome

Note that I am not calling for a ban on imports
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by adedayoa2(f): 9:33am On Oct 13, 2023
12345baba:
Court wan impeach am he come dey commission project
court wan impeach who? Make una dey deceive unasef.
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by BurntDodo: 9:36am On Oct 13, 2023
Jbleenk:
Way to go. We are on the right track on this. Time to force the west to do our bidding as well

. If you can’t come here to build industries instead of pillaging our resources and exporting them to your countries then forget it we won’t allow you access to what you are so much in need of period.

What's way to go about this? It's still the same imperialism that we've been practicing since post-colonial times. You blacks sef. The Chinese board of directors and ceo who are on Forbes list because of the batteries will now be paying the Nigerian workers peanuts and you say you're enjoying.

The "way to go" is when we blacks, invest in our Nigerian engineers to build their own battery plant so that we can be the ones on Forbes list.
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by MyOwnTake: 9:49am On Oct 13, 2023
dominique:

...and later we will still complain that "Dollar is N1000, Dollar is high" etc. It is this reckless importation of everything that has killed our manufacturing industry and landed us where we are. Nigerians need to be seriously educated on how economies work
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by Inayachem: 10:09am On Oct 13, 2023
PepeXKermit:

your assertion is very folly to say the least. tell me which country is more politically and economically unstable and uncertain as Nigeria. even you, if you are a small business owner of just one shop with 10sqm of space, imagine how much you spend in generating your won elecricity. you are then asking a company who needs to maximize their profit, to come and invest/open a factory in Nigeria that will not only bring htem untold losses but with lots of uncertainty about its climate. you want them to come and invest so that your youths can be employed? which foolish business man will take such an offer? did you think these billionaire were rich out of the blues? you guys are making me laugh honestly. any country that cannot fix their political climate, will never have a thriving economy. check anywhere in the world and give me a contradicitng opinion of my assertion.
You are asking which foolish bussiness man will invest in Nigeria, I don't know if you have memory. MTN, multichoice, Airtel, GLO, Huawei, dangote, bua, honey well, flourmills, Julius Berger,ccecc etc are all doing well just to mention a few.so you think you know more than the Chinese company. Nigeria is one of the most political stable county in Africa in the past 24yrs.

2 Likes

Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by LZAA: 10:14am On Oct 13, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Very good move. I must congratulate the FG. You can't talk about electric vehicle without lithium. While the American clown called Elon Musk (Tesla) wanted licence to mine...FG rejected his request.

Just like the French government who were mining uranium in Niger Republic... the US came through Tesla to mine our lithium. When i tell people that the West don't want Africa to develop, not ready to lift us out of poverty, will never transfer important technology to us but will go ahead to establish over 1000 military base in African territory. Probably where they train & supply terrorist with advanced weaponry to destablize Africa.

Thanks to the Chinese, these guys are bringing real investment to Africa. They will never give you conditions that are contrary to your culture & value. Like you must accept gay, LGBTV rights before we give you loan.
The West have never imposed anything on Africa rather it's the greedy African rulers who assent to anything that made it so
Also like someone said this is basically choosing the lesser of two evils because if you really think the Chinese are better....😄😄
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by Jbleenk: 10:17am On Oct 13, 2023
BurntDodo:

What's way to go about this? It's still the same imperialism that we've been practicing since post-colonial times. You blacks sef. The Chinese board of directors and ceo who are on Forbes list because of the batteries will now be paying the Nigerian workers peanuts and you say you're enjoying.

The "way to go" is when we blacks, invest in our Nigerian engineers to build their own battery plant so that we can be the ones on Forbes list.

What do you expect we do at this time when we don’t have the capacity to do what you suggest? Eat the raw materials?
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by PepeXKermit: 10:20am On Oct 13, 2023
Inayachem:

You are asking which foolish bussiness man will invest in Nigeria, I don't know if you have memory. MTN, multichoice, Airtel, GLO, Huawei, dangote, bua, honey well, flourmills, Julius Berger,ccecc etc are all doing well just to mention a few.so you think you know more than the Chinese company. Nigeria is one of the most political stable county in Africa in the past 24yrs.

They are all doing well at whose detriment? when you get the answer, let me know. The joke is on you... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by Mustycasty(m): 10:20am On Oct 13, 2023
I like your ideology and understanding of Economics 👌

And if we keep importing, we would keep on sending our forex out of the country.

It's time we attracted forex into the country, and created employment into the bargain. We can't keep on selling raw materials to others who would use them to make products that earn them far more than the raw materials we sell.

Rich countries are exporters of manufactured goods and services.

Yes, batteries may be expensive as a result, but then again, workers have to be paid well. Better it is Nigerian workers being paid well regardless of tribe.[/quote]
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by Leo588(m): 10:34am On Oct 13, 2023
naptu2:
Dele Alake @AlakeDele

https://twitter.com/AlakeDele/status/1712582820797821338
What is Lado and Udede?? Nonsense. How can a whole minister's aide write such errors?

The correct name is ENDO in UDEGE DEV. AREA OF NASARAWA STATE
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by KingOKON: 10:35am On Oct 13, 2023
naptu2:
Dele Alake @AlakeDele

https://twitter.com/AlakeDele/status/1712582820797821338

naptu2 ogbeni this community is dominated by christians or moslems?
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by KingOKON: 10:36am On Oct 13, 2023
LZAA:

The West have never imposed anything on Africa rather it's the greedy African rulers who assent to anything that made it so
Also like someone said this is basically choosing the lesser of two evils because if you really think the Chinese are better....😄😄

Anytime anyday Western run companies are better than Chinese Russian or imdian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by KennethEnyi(m): 10:52am On Oct 13, 2023
To be operational in 2047...
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by blacksam01: 11:27am On Oct 13, 2023
If the FG does not take over its management and revenue, thrn let the Niger Delta region protest...

all mineral resource of the state Nigeria shld b managed ,and revenue allocated to the FG..

if other mineral exploration are exempted, then the Nigeri delta should protest
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by naptu2: 11:39am On Oct 13, 2023
blacksam01:
If the FG does not take over its management and revenue, thrn let the Niger Delta region protest...

all mineral resource of the state Nigeria shld b managed ,and revenue allocated to the FG..

if other mineral exploration are exempted, then the Nigeri delta should protest

naptu2:
There is a lesson in this thread, but if you search through Twitter and check the thread, you'll notice that many people have not learnt the lesson.

First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna.
https://www.nairaland.com/7523789/first-lithium-processing-plant-nigeria

This is the lesson:

There are many sectors in Nigeria that are in the exclusive list in the constitution. This means that they are the exclusive preserve of the Federal Government. For a long time many people assumed that this means that state governments cannot get involved in these sectors, but that is not true.

Bola Tinubu constantly demonstrated this when he was governor. There are many things that people assumed were only reserved for the Federal Government, but his government got involved in those things. Power generation, port construction, airport construction, refinery, etc.

You see, all the state government needs to do is to bring in a private/foreign company to invest in the sector and then they need to get a license from the Federal Government. The Federal Government wants to make money and they want development, so they will go along with the project (although in some rare cases they might sabotage the project, just like the AES Barge power project in Lagos).

Some people are asking why the oil in Rivers is for Nigeria while the lithium in Kaduna is for Kaduna. Well, read this article, the chairman of the Kaduna Internal Revenue Service stated clearly that mining is on the exclusive list and the only way that Kaduna State can take part in mining lithium is to set up a mining company and get a license from the Federal Government. Has the Rivers State Government set up an oil company and applied to get mining licenses from the Federal Government?

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/11/kaduna-govt-set-to-explore-revenue-potential-of-solid-minerals/

This issue keeps coming up every time and the answer is always the same. People asked the same question when it was announced that a gold refinery was being established in Osun and the answer then was exactly the same.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 13, 2023
Very good development minister Alake!

More of this needed from the mining industry
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by Vision101(m): 3:58pm On Oct 13, 2023
While other parts of the country are trying to be inclusive and bring industries and development to their place my igbo brothers are busy hating, abusing and fighting.

Afterwards we cry marginalisation.
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by dominique(f): 4:15pm On Oct 13, 2023
nairalanda1:

And if we keep importing, we would keep on sending our forex out of the country.

It's time we attracted forex into the country, and created employment into the bargain. We can't keep on selling raw materials to others who would use them to make products that earn them far more than the raw materials we sell.

Rich countries are exporters of manufactured goods and services.

Yes, batteries may be expensive as a result, but then again, workers have to be paid well. Better it is Nigerian workers being paid well regardless of tribe.

I understand the importance of local production but one strange thing about Nigeria is that locally produced items are more expensive than imported ones. Look at rice, cement, sugar etc. If we can't produce that can beat the price of imported ones, we should keep importing abeg
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by nairalanda1(m): 5:36pm On Oct 13, 2023
dominique:

I understand the importance of local production but one strange thing about Nigeria is that locally produced items are more expensive than imported ones. Look at rice, cement, sugar etc. If we can't produce that can beat the price of imported ones, we should keep importing abeg

Yes, that's very true (the cost of a locally produced Innoson is more expensive than a imported second hand car), but that then brings us to the issue of cost of doing business and manufacturing in Nigeria, which is a whole other discussion.
Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by naptu2: 5:39pm On Oct 13, 2023
More.

Re: Foundation Stone Laying For Lithium Battery Factory In Nasarawa by ajealadick(m): 7:04am On Oct 14, 2023
Once I see FG I stopped reading. It will go no where

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soldiers With Padlocked Mouths Deployed For Election @ Oshodi / "Dapchi Girls Scripted To Make Buhari Approve $1bn To Fight Boko Haram" – Yesufu / I Have 90% Of The Governors On My Side, Only 1 Or 2 Are Unhappy~Oshiomole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.