Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,460 members, 7,836,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 (45678 Views)

Nigeria. Vs Algeria : Int'l Friendly, (1 - 2) On 27th September 2022 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia: International Friendly (1 - 1) On 13th October 2020 / Nigeria Vs Egypt: International Friendly - 1 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by Cmanforall: 6:43pm On Oct 16, 2023
hkidola00:
national teams are not meant for improving or building..the best are chosen..your not good your out

I like how you said it bluntly!

Improve in your clubs so as to be selected in the national team.
Iheanacho was once dumped in Super Eagles team when he wasn't doing well... but after the Leicester game against Manchester United, where he played very well, he was called back to the national team.

There are players being invited to Super Eagles make me believe that maybe the coach or some highranking NFF staff do collect bribes to feature these players. If you're not good to be in the first team or a regular sub in your club, you have no business playing for national team, rather find a new club that will give you regular playing times so as to show what you've got.
Super Eagles should not be used for trials

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by obi58: 6:43pm On Oct 16, 2023
oloriooko:
football intelligence in what regard seem you see yourself as football prof
pls explain prof

Before Peseiro, how would you describe the style of football of the Super Eagles?
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by obi58: 6:44pm On Oct 16, 2023
Cmanforall:

Iheanacho was once dumped when he wasn't doing well... but after Leicester game against Manchester United, where he played very well... he was called back to national team.

There are players being invited to Super Eagles make me believe that maybe the coach or some highranking NFF staff do collect bribes to feature these players. If you're not good to be in the first team or a regular sub in your club, you have no business playing for national team, rather find a new club that will give you regular playing times so as to show what you've got.

Plenty English. We all watch club football week in week out. Mention one deserving GK better than the ones in the team that have not been invited to the national team.

1 Like

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by Cmanforall: 6:45pm On Oct 16, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
-2 friendlies.
-3 needless freekicks conceded, 3 goals scored.
-Uzoho was just too poor.

Wonder why a country of over 200m can't produce a good Goalkeeper, when some smaller countries can easily produce 3good goalkeepers.

You need to sort... there's corruption that side too

2 Likes

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by Reference(m): 6:46pm On Oct 16, 2023
CJStarz:

Ain't you among the 200 million?

I have done for Nigeria what Uzoho cannot or will not do.
I have played my part and served this country.
There are folks who are paid to get football prospering under far better conditions that I could never dream of.
As a matter of fact they campaign and make all sorts of promises to get there but change very little.
What does it cost them to recognise they have a goalkeeping problem and deal with it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by obi58: 6:47pm On Oct 16, 2023
oloriooko:
As long as Uzoho is in goal for 9ja, we are minus 1, i remember the look Ndidi gave Uzoho when he scored for Saudi, it was a 'you are useless' look grin
Well victor boniface has come to stay in that team strengthening our attack
but i dare say i cannot see any impressive technical input Paseiro has brought to this team walahi, he's just lucky with the crop of players available now

If you cannot see the change in our passing, our pressing and our deliberate attempt to build from the back and retain possession and dominate teams since Peseiro came in then you obviously have zero intelligence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by obi58: 6:52pm On Oct 16, 2023
MasterJayJay:

It's not about economic might. But comparative advantage.

Nigeria has a large pool of quality footballers. That Uzoho should not in that squad.

Large pool of quality players? Says who?

Where is the large pool? Domestic or Foreign?

Where are the outstanding talents that we have in abundance except in attack?

Till now do we have a quality 10? Iwobi is doing a decent job there.... Who is the alternative? Aribo?

Ok we have good DMs Onyeka and Ndidi.

Defence.... We have good defenders but the defence needs work. We still ship in too many goals.

We don't need to talk about the GKs.... We have a problem there but they are young good keepers and the best we have so we need to stick with them.

It is only in attack we are stacked with talent.

That's why Peseiro is playing 442 or 424 which is the best formation suited to our current strengths.

Capisce?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by Cmanforall: 6:53pm On Oct 16, 2023
oloriooko:
As long as Uzoho is in goal for 9ja, we are minus 1, i remember the look Ndidi gave Uzoho when he scored for Saudi, it was a 'you are useless' look grin
Well victor boniface has come to stay in that team strengthening our attack
but i dare say i cannot see any impressive technical input Paseiro has brought to this team walahi, he's just lucky with the crop of players available now

An avenue to loot. He agrees to the corrupt NFF terms.
The money Nigeria use to hire all these 'unknown' coaches, can actually bring in reputable foreign coach (if we want to use a foreign coach). But the problem is, those reputable foreign coaches won't dance to NFF tune because of their image.
Imagine Morinho as Super Eagles coach... By now you'd be seeing some footballers you never knew and most of these 'known' won't make his team, because he won't accept their bribe over their performance
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by blowjohn(m): 6:55pm On Oct 16, 2023
Asek1:

Where the wotowoto grin

Omo grin grin

As usual super ducklings mess up

2 Likes

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by GanagiBitrus: 7:03pm On Oct 16, 2023
BoldBrainz:

"I know somebody who knows somebody who knows the coach. Call him and tell him Honourable Chief Ciroma Chukwuma Adekunle sent you".
Lol!
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by GanagiBitrus: 7:09pm On Oct 16, 2023
obi58:

China has a population of 1.4 billion.

With all their economic might, why can't they produce a quality football team?
I don't think that's a valid comparison. China is very good in several other sporting activities.

Rather compare Nigeria with some other African countries of same soccer pedigree, like Cameroon, Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt...

2 Likes

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by CSTRR: 7:12pm On Oct 16, 2023
obi58:

China has a population of 1.4 billion.

With all their economic might, why can't they produce a quality football team?
Well, they dominate in their areas of strength.

3 Likes

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by GanagiBitrus: 7:12pm On Oct 16, 2023
StJasper:

You are one out of the 200 million people who are citizens of this country. Can you please tell us just one thing you are good at which you can be celebrated for?

Your question is not valid.
Compare Nigeria with some other African countries of same football pedigree, like Cameroon, Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt...who have good Goalkeepers.
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by GanagiBitrus: 7:14pm On Oct 16, 2023
Abdulmumin412:

And u are one of the over 200m people.
That's not the point.
Compare Nigeria with some other African countries of same football pedigree, like Cameroon, Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt...who have good Goalkeepers.
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by GanagiBitrus: 7:14pm On Oct 16, 2023
Abdulmumin412:

And u are one of the over 200m people.
That's not the point.
The comparison should be Nigeria with some other African countries of same football pedigree, like Cameroon, Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt...who have good Goalkeepers.
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by Ezlynn: 7:14pm On Oct 16, 2023
An exciting game, Naija to the world.

Groove to your favorite soundtrack with the signature sound on oraimo Freepods 4

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by Cmanforall: 7:17pm On Oct 16, 2023
obi58:

Talk is cheap. Provide better alternatives to Uzoho and Okoye.
Whoever that was the goalkeeper that won National league should be in the team. This is how you identify talents. Or is it because these ones are playing ('benching')abroad?
Okoye (who is German and was introduced to super Eagles by German coach, Rohr) and he has not made appearance for his club this season? Uzoho in Cyprus?

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by efe21: 7:26pm On Oct 16, 2023
The first goal was so cheap that Uzoho could have handled professionally assuming he had the experience to. But he moved even before the player make contact with the ball. He was focus on the player leg instead of the ball. That was really a cheap goal.

Nigeria have goal keeping issue, and also defence issue.

The weakest link in the team that need to be worked on is goal keeping, defence, and a little work on the midfield. We lack playmaker in our midfield. Attack department is fine and sleek currently as that is the only thing we soar at for now; ability to score. Very paramount.

The coach is doing a great job, he just need to do some little adjustment against January, then we will be good to go.

The general outlook of the super eagle 🦅 team is promising and hopefully we keep it that way.

My 2cents..... Cheers 🍷.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by WantsandMore: 7:27pm On Oct 16, 2023
obi58:

Walahi you have zero football intelligence.
Why do you say so? What's your counter?

1 Like

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by obi58: 7:27pm On Oct 16, 2023
Cmanforall:

Whoever that was the goalkeeper that won National league should be in the team. This is how you identify talents. Or is it because these ones are playing ('benching')abroad?
Okoye (who is German and was introduced to super Eagles by German coach, Rohr) and he has not made appearance for his club this season? Uzoho in Cyprus?

I'm not holding brief for the NFF but they have a technical department and I'm sure they have analyzed all the goalkeepers in the domestic league and provided all the needed info to the coaching crew to make an informed decision on the best keepers for the team.

Don't get me wrong. For a long time I was a fan of Ayenugba, Vanzekim and more recently Ezenwa so I agree we may have some good keepers in the League. However I believe the technical crew has assessed their level and made their recommendations.
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by Cmanforall: 7:33pm On Oct 16, 2023
obi58:

I'm not holding brief for the NFF but they have a technical department and I'm sure they have analyzed all the goalkeepers in the domestic league and provided all the needed info to the coaching crew to make an informed decision on the best keepers for the team.

Don't get me wrong. For a long time I was a fan of Ayenugba, Vanzekim and more recently Ezenwa so I agree we may have some good keepers in the League. However I believe the technical crew has assessed their level and made their recommendations.

I get you.
Having contacts with some Super Eagles players revealed some sh*tty things that go on there.
Simply put... 'money and connections', technicality comes up when we watch them. Unfortunately even if they analyse, which I doubt, their palms need to be greased before you are featured. Unless the player (this time goalkeeper) makes it to a top club abroad, there will be no hesitancy to feature such a player
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by obi58: 7:34pm On Oct 16, 2023
Cmanforall:

Okoye is a good GK. I commend him for his patriotism having played all his life in Germany and deciding to pledge his allegiance to Nigeria without anybody coming to convince him to do so! He played as 1st choice in Holland before making a wrong move to England which he is trying to recover from. Let's keep the faith in our young keepers. At least until we identify superior options.

I really wish we still had Carl Ikeme. He was superb but unfortunately cancer struck. Thank God he is still alive today.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by rolams(m): 7:34pm On Oct 16, 2023
Thank God I didn't watch the match!

Any day Nigeria super eagle returns to our good entertaining football, I will return my appetite to watch them.

God bless Emmanuel Babayaro, Austin Okocha, Kanu Nwankwo, Daniel Amokachi, Teslim Fatusi, Finidi George, Wilson Oruma, Mutiu Adepoju, Augustine Eguavoen, Muda Lawal, Emmanuel Amunike, Garba Lawal, Celestine Babayaro, Tijani Babangida, Sunday Oliseh, Taribo West, Peter Rufai, Ike Shorounmu, Vincent Enyeama, Julius Aghahawa, Victor ikpeba, Uche Ochechukwu, Mobi Okparaku, Abiodun Baruwa, Jonathan Akpobore, Kingsley
Obiekwu, Efetobore Sodje Obafemi Martins and the likes who have made us proud in the past.

I only mentioned those who are still alive ooo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by hkidola00(m): 7:34pm On Oct 16, 2023
Cmanforall:

Iheanacho was once dumped in Super Eagles team when he wasn't doing well... but after the Leicester game against Manchester United, where he played very well, he was called back to the national team.

as an aspiring player,i give you hundred percent...bribery top to bottom all level

1 Like

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by obi58: 7:35pm On Oct 16, 2023
Cmanforall:

I get you.
Having contacts with some Super Eagles players revealed some sh*tty things that go on there.
Simply put... 'money and connections', technicality comes up when we watch them. Unfortunately even if they analyse, which I doubt, their palms need to be greased before you are featured. Unless the player (this time goalkeeper) makes it to a top club abroad, there will be no hesitancy to feature such a player

Without doubt there is certainly the Nigerian factor (corruption) in every public establishment.

We can only hope for the best given these constraints which have always been there even on the occasions when we won the Nations cup.

1 Like

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by obi58: 7:37pm On Oct 16, 2023
WantsandMore:
Why do you say so? What's your counter?

I've already replied.... Check above.
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by obi58: 7:39pm On Oct 16, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Your question is not valid.

Of the 4 teams you mentioned which of them did not go through the rebuilding stage which we are currently undergoing? Ghana? Ivory coast? Egypt? Cameroon?
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by iamtardey: 7:43pm On Oct 16, 2023
Mirasteel:
I can't remember the last time I saw Super eagles play, I don't want to be always disappointed.
I saw the ladies play better against England the females team fan now… nothing to watch in super eagles match jor no yansh nothing
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by Cmanforall: 7:46pm On Oct 16, 2023
obi58:

Okoye is a good GK. I commend him for his patriotism having played all his life in Germany and deciding to pledge his allegiance to Nigeria without anybody coming to convince him to do so! He played as 1st choice in Holland before making a wrong move to England which he is trying to recover from. Let's keep the faith in our young keepers. At least until we identify superior options.

I really wish we still had Carl Ikeme. He was superb but unfortunately cancer struck. Thank God he is still alive today.

shocked shocked
What did I just read?
Someone who is 22 years and debuted for Nigeria at the age 18 (in 2019) has played all his life in Germany? grin grin
Please which life?
His career was just starting, and Nigeria is a stepping stone. He wouldn't make it to the German national team. Let us stop all these please. He needs Nigeria to boost his.career. He will be seen at the international stage (through World Cup etc.) The fact is he didn't make use of the opportunity to shine, because that will what will attract bigger clubs. Now he's in a club and has not made any appearance this season, yet we are expecting Super Eagles' matches to be the place to train. He has no business in the team. We better use regular club starters (home or abroad) than bench warmers on our goalpost.

BTW, we may not know his connection with Rohr, both are Germans and Rohr brought him in. His mother's name is not on his page.
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by Manfromlasvegas(m): 7:53pm On Oct 16, 2023
How can a whole country like Nigeria be struggling in the goal keeping department since the time Carl and enyeama retired. If they don't know what to do, instead of the usual disgrace and getting knocked out of major competition, they should go to the national league pick the best or most promising goal keeper there, and put him between the sticks. If him fvck up him fvck up. We go know say na otu dey fvck up, instead of all these over rated foreign based players wey dey give us malaria hope.

1 Like

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by thatigboman: 7:55pm On Oct 16, 2023
Reference:

I have done for Nigeria what Uzoho cannot or will not do.
I have played my part and served this country.
There are folks who are paid to get football prospering under far better conditions that I could never dream of.
As a matter of fact they campaign and make all sorts of promises to get there but change very little.
What does it cost them to recognise they have a goalkeeping problem and deal with it.
like what and what? Expatriate pls. Chairman, Nigeria disnt sponsor uzoho to go and study goal keeping.
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by Cmanforall: 7:57pm On Oct 16, 2023
Robertbh:

One good match doesn't make Ozoho a very good goalkeeper. What have both keepers done for club and country?
Both are sitting on the bench in their various clubs. We need a good consistent goalkeeper we can rely on

I know Okoye has not made even one appearance this season.
Is Uzoho not a regular in Cyprus?

Are they hoping to use Super Eagles for real match training?

A regular starter in clubside should be invited as soon as possible

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ronaldo: I Want To Break Ali Daei’s Goalscoring Record / Maradona Smoking Tobacco During Iceland Vs Argentina Match. / How To Win Sport Betting Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.