Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,317 members, 7,836,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 (45670 Views)

Nigeria. Vs Algeria : Int'l Friendly, (1 - 2) On 27th September 2022 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia: International Friendly (1 - 1) On 13th October 2020 / Nigeria Vs Egypt: International Friendly - 1 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by Bighead95(m): 8:05pm On Oct 16, 2023
obi58:

China has a population of 1.4 billion.

With all their economic might, why can't they produce a quality football team?

Chinese are known for
1 table tennis
2 basket ball
3 martial art

I'm sure they are one of the best in the sport they are known for ...

Nigeria is known for only soccer
Yet the worst set of players are choosen every tournament due to corruption......

Go to diff places within the 4 walls of the nation we will surely get a better keeper compare to this nonsense protecting our goal post

2 Likes

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by Bighead95(m): 8:07pm On Oct 16, 2023
Bighead95:

Chinese are known for
1 table tennis
2 basket ball
3 martial art

I'm sure they are one of the best in the sport they are known for ...

Nigeria is known for only soccer
Yet the worst set of players are choosen every tournament due to corruption......

Go to diff places within the 4 walls of the nation we will surely get a better keeper compare to this nonsense protecting our goal post

USA
American football
Basketball.

No nation near them in those aspect

But football Dem be zero
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by Cmanforall: 8:09pm On Oct 16, 2023
obi58:

Plenty English. We all watch club football week in week out. Mention one deserving GK better than the ones in the team that have not been invited to the national team.

Whoever that won golden glove for the local league or the goalkeeper of the winning club should have been invited and used. The goalkeeper is a regular in his club, and not Okoye that has bot even.made one appearance this season. What is he doing in Super Eagles team (continue bench warming? Get more caps? )
I said it in an earlier post, this is the type of match you feature our local talents in goalpost or defence. Our forward is okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by obi58: 8:10pm On Oct 16, 2023
Cmanforall:

shocked shocked
What did I just read?
Someone who is 22 years and debuted for Nigeria at the age 18 (in 2019) has played all his life in Germany? grin grin
Please which life?
His career was just starting, and Nigeria is a stepping stone. He wouldn't make it to the German national team. Let us stop all these please. He needs Nigeria to boost his.career. He will be seen at the international stage (through World Cup etc.) The fact is he didn't make use of the opportunity to shine, because that will what will attract bigger clubs. Now he's in a club and has not made any appearance this season, yet we are expecting Super Eagles' matches to be the place to train. He has no business in the team. We better use regular club starters (home or abroad) than bench warmers on our goalpost.

BTW, we may not know his connection with Rohr, both are Germans and Rohr brought him in. His mother's name is not on his page.

How many Nigerian players who grew up abroad are willing to switch allegiance to SE so easily?

Eberechi Eze? Bukayo Saka? David Alaba? Akanji? Lesley Ugochukwu?

I'm still asking name the quality GK alternatives that should be in the team that have not been invited?
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by Cmanforall: 8:22pm On Oct 16, 2023
obi58:

How many Nigerian players who grew up abroad are willing to switch allegiance to SE so easily?

I'm still asking name the quality GK alternatives that should be in the team that have not been invited?

Thise ones have good prospects in the countries they chose
Sorry to say this, Maduka Okoye has no future at all in the German national team as a goalkeeper.
Do you know.how many world class goalkeepers Germany have, and yet they don't make it to.the national team?
Do you know.how.many goalkeepers Neuer blocked off, and are only known in their clubs as German goalkeepers (regualr starters)?
Now you talk of Okoye who is warming bench in his club

Maybe Nigerians don't know how big a country they are. Okoye was able to move to Rotterdam after being featured in the Nigerian team. Featuring in Nigrian team adds marketing value to any player
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by paskal16: 8:25pm On Oct 16, 2023
Nawa o
Na like dis we wan go afcon go play so?
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by obi58: 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2023
Cmanforall:

Thise ones have good prospects in the countries they chose
Sorry to say this, Maduka Okoye has no future at all in the German national team as a goalkeeper.
Do you know.how many world class goalkeepers Germany have, and yet they don't make it to.the national team?
Do you know.how.many goalkeepers Neuer blocked off, and are only known in their clubs as German goalkeepers (regualr starters)?
Now you talk of Okoye who is warming bench in his club

Maybe Nigerians don't know how big a country they are. Okoye was able to move to Rotterdam after being featured in the Nigerian team. Featuring in Nigrian team adds marketing value to any player

That's neither here nor there. The question is how many of them who have dual nationality easily commit to playing for the SE? It's only those who grew up here and went to play abroad that easily answer national call up.

I'm more interested in the options you provide
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by Macaranta23: 8:28pm On Oct 16, 2023
obi58:

Is this some type of Joke?

Inviting Uzoho or Okoye going forward is nothing short of corruption. They are currently not national team level keepers.

Regarding alternatives:

Nwabili starts in South Africa, Lawal starts in Austria, Atubolu starts in Germany, Adeleye starts in Israel, Okonwo was no. 3 in Arsenal and made a 'media' move to Wrexham. He is clearly better than Uzoho and Okoye talentwise, but I can understand if the door is shut on him for being in the 4th division.

I am sure we can throw one or two NPFL keepers to the mix to have a competitive pool of 6 before the Nations cup.

Call all 6 to camp and take the best 3 to the Afcon in Ivory Coast.

Get rid of these two GK disasters.
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:51pm On Oct 16, 2023
Name Russian players in your favourite football clubs
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by jrusky(m): 8:51pm On Oct 16, 2023
obi58:

Because they eat too much noddles.

1 Like

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by quickly: 9:08pm On Oct 16, 2023
obi58:

Name the better alternative that has been left out.

Remember that Nigeria has been crying for a replacement for Okocha since his retirement. Why have we not yet replaced him if it was so easy?

Adeleye that Kept in Nations cup qualifier is alot better than Uzoho and Maduka. Ezenwa sef better pass both of them

Adeleye is a starter for his team, no1 GK for Club

Uzoho is a Reserve Goal Keeper in Cyprus.

No sentiments abeg
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by obi58: 9:15pm On Oct 16, 2023
quickly:

Adeleye that Kept in Nations cup qualifier is alot better than Uzoho and Maduka. Ezenwa sef better pass both of them

Adeleye is a starter for his team, no1 GK for Club

Uzoho is a Reserve Goal Keeper in Cyprus.

No sentiments abeg

But Adeleye is in the squad already and of the 3 GKs assessed in training the coaches decided to start Uzoho.....
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by quickly: 9:22pm On Oct 16, 2023
obi58:

But Adeleye is in the squad already and of the 3 GKs assessed in training the coaches decided to start Uzoho.....

Peseiro said he was punishing him for coming late to camp.
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by obi58: 9:29pm On Oct 16, 2023
quickly:

Peseiro said he was punishing him for coming late to camp.

Is this the first time he has been invited to camp?
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by quickly: 9:56pm On Oct 16, 2023
obi58:

Is this the first time he has been invited to camp?

He has been invited b4

There is another guy in Bundesliga

Noah atubolu . German born - a first team starter for club Freiburg FC

They should go and Beg that guy
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by CJStarz: 10:23pm On Oct 16, 2023
Good defense you put up there that I am forced to agree with you,totally.
The Nigerian factor at play in d poor selection of a good keeper!

Reference:

I have done for Nigeria what Uzoho cannot or will not do.
I have played my part and served this country.
There are folks who are paid to get football prospering under far better conditions that I could never dream of.
As a matter of fact they campaign and make all sorts of promises to get there but change very little.
What does it cost them to recognise they have a goalkeeping problem and deal with it.
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:23pm On Oct 16, 2023
Reference:

Absolutely.
200 million folks and not a decent goalie..... c'mon.
NFF is just lazy.
na Ina pple wey believe only a whity can do the Job.. we have goalies in NPFL and others doing well but let's stick to uzoho and okoye average
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by obi58: 12:18am On Oct 17, 2023
quickly:

He has been invited b4

There is another guy in Bundesliga

Noah atubolu . German born - a first team starter for club Freiburg FC

They should go and Beg that guy

Noah atubolu just became a first team player this season for Freiburg and he has shipped in 13 goals already in just 7 games. He is not better than what we already have. If you've watched his games, you would know that he too is error prone and concedes soft, cheap goals.
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by quickly: 12:29am On Oct 17, 2023
obi58:

Noah atubolu just became a first team player this season for Freiburg and he has shipped in 13 goals already in just 7 games. He is not better than what we already have. If you've watched his games, you would know that he too is error prone and concedes soft, cheap goals.

Enyinmba goalkeeper is better than Uzoho

That Atubolu has kept couple of clean sheets playing in top 5 euro league.

Abeg he will be miles better than Uzoho.

Let Uzoho leave Cyprus and move to a top 10 Europe league.

He is still young for a goalkeeper maybe he will become better but not now.
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by obi58: 1:42am On Oct 17, 2023
quickly:

Enyinmba goalkeeper is better than Uzoho

That Atubolu has kept couple of clean sheets playing in top 5 euro league.

Abeg he will be miles better than Uzoho.

Let Uzoho leave Cyprus and move to a top 10 Europe league.

He is still young for a goalkeeper maybe he will become better but not now.

I don't dispute that Uzoho has made one too many mistakes in goal for Nigeria but you have to accept that until proven otherwise. He is the best of a bad bunch. I agree with you though that we should test our other GKs in upcoming friendlies but also you have to recognise that we don't have much time before the AFCON so whoever will be the alternative has to be clearly an upgrade and not just hit and hope.

More important to me is that the NFF should be busting a gut to convince Olise and Noni Madueke to pledge their allegiance to Nigeria ahead of AFCON to boost our midfield options.

As for the defence, apart from removing Tyrone and retaining Bright Osayi, there's not much more we can do to upgrade the defence apart from coaching.

All said and done, I think we have the foundation of a very good team but this team will need time and some extra pieces which may not be available before AFCON.

Nigerians would be best served not expecting too much from this team right now. A more realistic target will be the 2026 world cup.
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by obi58: 1:44am On Oct 17, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
na Ina pple wey believe only a whity can do the Job.. we have goalies in NPFL and others doing well but let's stick to uzoho and okoye average

How many games do you watch in the NPFL?

What are GK alternatives from the league that you recommend?
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by Blaze232(m): 5:02am On Oct 17, 2023
I agree with you though that we should test our other GKs in upcoming friendlies but also you have to recognise that we don't have much time before the AFCON so whoever will be the alternative has to be clearly an upgrade and not just hit and hope or Trial and error .

More important to me is that the NFF should be busting a gut to convince Olise and Noni Madueke to pledge their allegiance to Nigeria ahead of AFCON to boost our midfield options.

As for the defence, apart from removing Tyrone and retaining Bright Osayi, there's not much more we can do to upgrade the defence apart from coaching.

All said and done, I think we have the foundation of a very good team but this team will need time and some extra pieces which may not be available before AFCON and we may crash out even before round of 16 with this current team if care is not taken.

Nigerians would be best served not expecting too much from this team right now. A more realistic target will be the 2026 world cup.

I come in piece
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by ndidibabe(f): 6:58am On Oct 17, 2023
obi58:

China is not a "football" nation.
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by PaNnamdi: 7:41am On Oct 17, 2023
obi58:

Talk is cheap. Provide better alternatives to Uzoho and Okoye.
Shut up u foolish man

We have good goalies in this country but Nigeria prefers man know man in everything including football callup slots.
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by obi58: 9:10am On Oct 17, 2023
PaNnamdi:

Shut up u foolish man

We have good goalies in this country but Nigeria prefers man know man in everything including football callup slots.

Ok we have heard you wise man.

If you call yourself an adult and you can't have a rational conversation without cheap insults then you need to check your mental development.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by obi58: 9:12am On Oct 17, 2023
ndidibabe:
China is not a "football" nation.

Interesting.... Do you know how many hundreds of millions of people watch and play football in China?

Are you ready to provide the necessary sacrifice/support for the discovery and development of grassroot talents in the country?

1 Like

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by Godmademan(m): 9:41am On Oct 17, 2023
oloriooko:
As long as Uzoho is in goal for 9ja, we are minus 1, i remember the look Ndidi gave Uzoho when he scored for Saudi, it was a 'you are useless' look grin
Well victor boniface has come to stay in that team strengthening our attack
but i dare say i cannot see any impressive technical input Paseiro has brought to this team walahi, he's just lucky with the crop of players available now
grin grin grin

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by Meerahbel: 10:44am On Oct 17, 2023
obi58:

It's because football is not their forth rather productions which is given them a comparative advantage.
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by obi58: 12:37pm On Oct 17, 2023
Meerahbel:
It's because football is not their forth rather productions which is given them a comparative advantage.

I'm sure that at least 10% of that 1.4bn are football lovers.

You remember when the Chinese government invested so much in their League to attract world stars? I'm sure you're also aware of the strength of the Chinese women's football team.

Why did it not translate to success for their men's football team?

1 Like

Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by obi58: 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2023
Godmademan:
grin grin grin

Not every coach is a title winning coach. If your NFF could afford Guardiola I would have advised they go for him but for now Peseiro has qualified top of his group so what's your beef with his past?
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by StJasper(m): 2:39pm On Oct 17, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Your question is not valid.
Compare Nigeria with some other African countries of same football pedigree, like Cameroon, Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt...who have good Goalkeepers.

Compare yourself with other Nigerians who are setting the pace in their respective fields or professions.
Re: Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023 by Meerahbel: 3:38pm On Oct 17, 2023
obi58:

I'm sure that at least 10% of that 1.4bn are football lovers.

You remember when the Chinese government invested so much in their League to attract world stars? I'm sure you're also aware of the strength of the Chinese women's football team.

Why did it not translate to success for their men's football team?
it amounted to nothing but for the women in Africa the league was number 1

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Mikel Obi, Olga Diyachenko And Their Kids / Alvaro Morata In London: Striker Reveals Why He's Joining Chelsea / This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.