Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,827 members, 7,831,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Fire Razes 11 Vehicles - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Fire Razes 11 Vehicles (13294 Views)

Fire Razes Boats At Bonny-Bille-Nembe Jetty In Rivers State, Many Feared Dead / 16 Dead, 30 Houses Razed As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kwara (Graphic Photos) / Tanker Explodes On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway, Vehicles Got Burnt(Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Fire Razes 11 Vehicles by johnjay4u2u(m): 10:57am On Oct 14, 2023
God have mercy
Re: Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Fire Razes 11 Vehicles by tete7000(m): 11:08am On Oct 14, 2023
Jbleenk:
This is becoming too rampant lately. Hope this is not a ploy by children of hate will to see Lagos burn like their region

Make una dey employ una sense when making comments. It's not everything that should be turned to a tribal war. Please get wisdom, get understanding. They will help you life, you can't continue living like this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Fire Razes 11 Vehicles by dododawa1: 11:16am On Oct 14, 2023
That area is a bad

Spot
Re: Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Fire Razes 11 Vehicles by BabbanBura(m): 11:19am On Oct 14, 2023
handsomeyinka:
I see no reason why the government can't impose an order for the marketers to change their trucks periodically cos the main reasons for this explosions are due to mechanical breakdown from the engines,brake failures,frame damaged and inexperienced driving.
Most of these trucks are really old and we have lots of inexperienced mechanics working on them,I think the government needs to start a yearly truck inspection program and or they impose sanctions against trucks that are not road worthy cos people's lives are at risk.
Due to the age of those trucks,they dont have the capacity to haul gasoline products at full capacity.
Lagos needs to be a safer place for us all.
The government needs to enforce more penalties for this negligence.
Alternatively, I think the Lagos state government should source for the new trucks themselves and make them pay for it.

Hopefully it will help lagos a bit safe from truck fire inferno.

Bad roads are the main reasons for these tanker falls and fires. Almost every part of lagos is now riddled by bad roads

1 Like

Re: Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Fire Razes 11 Vehicles by ufotunang: 11:20am On Oct 14, 2023
Everyday in Lagos...fuel tanker falling,fuel tanker explosion.. everyday . nawaoooo 🙄
Re: Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Fire Razes 11 Vehicles by John4B: 11:22am On Oct 14, 2023
Exactly the way naija is burning.
Re: Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Fire Razes 11 Vehicles by NaijaCover(m): 11:25am On Oct 14, 2023
ellizy:

Its none of your business nor concern
Accident happens anywhere and everywhere

Why you dey call
Re: Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Fire Razes 11 Vehicles by Perewenkle1: 11:47am On Oct 14, 2023
Pre dinosaur trucks are what is carrying fuel on the Nigerian highways, some of these trucks can’t even make a turn, their tanks are not fire proof hence when they get involved in accidents they fall apart and fuel starts dripping.
This is where government comes in and make sure that newer trucks and alum tanks meet fire safety standard. The alum tank that holds the fuel are usually three times thicker in the inside but not those dinosaur fuel trucks.
I don’t understand why people stand close to fuel tank that is dripping liquid, you can not run faster than it it if fire erupts, stay far away from it.
Re: Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Fire Razes 11 Vehicles by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:51am On Oct 14, 2023
handsomeyinka:
I see no reason why the government can't impose an order for the marketers to change their trucks periodically cos the main reasons for these explosions are due to mechanical breakdown from the engines, brake failures, frame damage, and inexperienced driving.
Most of these trucks are old and we have lots of inexperienced mechanics working on them, I think the government needs to start a yearly truck inspection program or impose sanctions against trucks that are not road worthy cos people's lives are at risk.
Due to the age of those trucks, they can't haul gasoline products at full capacity.
Lagos needs to be a safer place for us all.
The government needs to enforce more penalties for this negligence.
Alternatively, I think the Lagos state government should source for the new trucks themselves and make them pay for it.

Hopefully, it will help Lagos a bit safe from the truck fire inferno.
Exactly my bro
Re: Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Fire Razes 11 Vehicles by nedekid: 12:31pm On Oct 14, 2023
Thank God no Life was lost.
Re: Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Fire Razes 11 Vehicles by blueAgent(m): 6:53pm On Oct 14, 2023
Djele:
Tinubulation and and tribulations na 5&6

grin grin grin grin

I don laugh tire.
Re: Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Fire Razes 11 Vehicles by drololaaof: 7:35pm On Oct 14, 2023
Is the failure not due to overloading, before a tanker maximum load is 33000 liters ,suddenly the truck owners change them to 45000liters. Those in charge of vehicle inspection , capability ,durability should do something.
Re: Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Fire Razes 11 Vehicles by Exceed15: 9:12pm On Oct 14, 2023
Thank God there is no casualty.
Re: Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Fire Razes 11 Vehicles by Posotome: 3:06am On Oct 15, 2023
All the petrol depots are in Lagos, that's why there is always tanker exploding in Lagos
And the marketers are hoarding the fuel, the govt is playing hanky panky with subsidy telling us lies that subsidy is gone where as we all know the truth

Where two elephants tussle, the grasses suffer
Re: Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Fire Razes 11 Vehicles by MICVOCT(m): 4:34am On Oct 15, 2023
atobs4real:
We thank God casualty was recorded.
Thank you Jesus.
The Almighty God will never depart from us.

grin Amen

MICVOCT

(1) (2) (Reply)

Urgent....direction To US Consulate Lagos / What Kind Of Job Do Nigerians Do In China? / Is Boko Haram Responsible For The Air Crash?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.