Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,141 members, 7,821,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Is Degree Becoming More Worthless? Read This - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Degree Becoming More Worthless? Read This (282 Views)

Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless / Sowore To Obi: You've Been Scammed. Your 'dallas Citizenship' Award Is Worthless / Obi To Buhari: Take Pictures With Impactful Nigerians, Not Worthless Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Degree Becoming More Worthless? Read This by Gudguyonly: 10:01am On Oct 16, 2023
Well i think i saw it coming especially in Nigeria with a large number of graduates without Job.

You are the only one that can find solution to your joblessness.

I read the article, and it mentioned that not only private companies like Walmart, Google and IBM, but 13 states in the U.S have so far removed University Degree as a requirement for employment.

It also states that two third of Americans don't have A University Degree.

One of the analysts Fox news interviewed said what school are teaching, with the exception of Medicine/Doctors, Accounting, and Law, are mostly "USELESS".

He challenged Universities to be preparing students on building career so that America will have more Companies than unemployed graduates.

He said with the exception of the aforementioned disciplines, one doesn't need a University Degree to be employed, one only need to have experience in the field they want to work.

‌I summarized the main Key points of the article because it is long and many may not want to read.

But for those that care to read can find the link below.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/us-companies-eliminate-college-degrees-requirement-school-costs?intcmp=tw_fnc

Well, school is not scam, Go to school, but prepare for the real life situation, just in case, execpt if you are born with silver spoon, such that the job is waiting for you, or the few lucky ones.

1 Like

Re: Is Degree Becoming More Worthless? Read This by LikeAking: 10:11am On Oct 16, 2023
Without your talent your degree will frustrate you..

That’s the problem Nigerian grads are facing… Even the one who are working also have their own frustrations…

Shit like this happen in 3rd world countries..

Our ignorant parents and teachers spent more time flogging us to confirm to societal norms instead of helping us figure our passion, talents and goals..

We were not even taught patriotism , instead we were taught religion. W were discourages from been bold, fearless and ambitious..

In reality our degree is just 10%, but we think a degree is everything..

No jobs cos grads too plenty…

2 Likes

Re: Is Degree Becoming More Worthless? Read This by LikeAking: 10:16am On Oct 16, 2023
Gudguyonly:
Well i think i saw it coming especially in Nigeria with a large number of graduates without Job.

School is scam if the school can’t change our lives, the way we think and act.

It’s only in Nigeria graduates go to the university, only to behave like monsters cos they have joined cult… We are not trained to use our brains.

Nigerian schools are scam, but school no be scam.

Parents stop spending too much on edu..

1 Like

Re: Is Degree Becoming More Worthless? Read This by Misterone: 11:36am On Oct 16, 2023
My guess is that 95% or thereabout of nairalanders are either graduates or undergraduates but look at most of the threads here, it is uneducating and most times full of rubbish. This says a lot about the quality of graduates we produce in nigeria.
Re: Is Degree Becoming More Worthless? Read This by SoNature(m): 12:29pm On Oct 16, 2023
Degree will never be worthless no matter how you look at it. A man with a degree will always be a boss to the next man who only has skills without a degree.

You can also use your degrees to get foreign scholarships, fellowships, etc. Continue to acquire degrees, but make sure you have relevant skills too. One day, those efforts will definitely pay.
Re: Is Degree Becoming More Worthless? Read This by rash47(m): 1:19pm On Oct 16, 2023
More non- functional...

(1) (Reply)

“nigerian Roads Are Bad, We Want Something We Can Maintain For 4 Years” —senate / How Nigeria Lost Its Last Chance To Save Itself & Become A Great Nation / Muzuulim - Muzuulim Ticket: A Crate Of Eggs Is Now N3000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.