Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans (12714 Views)

Nigeria Secures $13bn Oil And Gas Investment Commitment From Shell, Exxonmobil / FG Seeks Fresh $2.5bn World Bank Loan / Malabu Scandal: Nigeria Secures First Victory Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by Mosba: 9:17pm On Oct 16, 2023
Oya naw time to buy bullet proof range rovers for our reps and senators
Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by Benwallt(m): 9:17pm On Oct 16, 2023
Everywhere is now boring here. Where is hundeyin and arise TV? They should cook up something for obedients abeg. I don't like this calmness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by Burob: 9:18pm On Oct 16, 2023
imoh4king:

Bro, I swear!

As a retail Forex trader....greatest challenge in Nigerian community is the fact that they also see you as a yahoo boy.
Even the Seunlayi that you quoted, considers you a yahoo boy, Nigerians & bring him down syndrome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by Ovieemmanuel: 9:18pm On Oct 16, 2023
Check my signature for free stuff .we never see Chun chin
Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by Nobaga500(m): 9:20pm On Oct 16, 2023
Revolution2022:
Few days back Tinubu was begging imf and world Bank to write-off Nigeria s loan.The same world Bank is granting him more loans when they know the loans are stolen and not use for the intended purpose.Why is IMF encouraging crime among Nigerian politicians?

Modify;Was it not Tinubu that said his regime would not seek a loan from any organisation and that subsidy removal has saved a lot of money for the government?
seriously, it's Nigeria leadingTinubu Not Tinubu leading Nigeria!
Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by yankison(m): 9:21pm On Oct 16, 2023
INTEGRITYA1:
Make dem try utilize all the loans very well.

U won't hear abt how it was spent ..Nigeria is a no good place ..I wish I had money to process visa now
Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by Ewedegubbler: 9:22pm On Oct 16, 2023
Someone pls give us a coup before these clowns ruin us

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:23pm On Oct 16, 2023
LeoDeKing:
God bless Nigeria
God bless SW SS NW NE and NC

I can smell depression and confusion from this your prayers....lols

If you are not gaining from this Government, pls you deserve a mob beating for supporting nonsense....

Hope you have gotten your #160m SUV

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by Usmanovic95(m): 9:27pm On Oct 16, 2023
Another loan,this is not a good news for our very own NAIRA.

We actually thought the self acclaimed JAGABAN was coming with a team of TECHNOCRAT to fix our economy but laslas the TECHNO don turn ITEL.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by Phantom233: 9:29pm On Oct 16, 2023
Burob:
Almijiri what of your state & Local Government, won’t anything good come out of them also?

Or from your lamentation, you have reserved your fate to wailing for the next 8 years?
I've been following you, certainly you'll still come back here to beg for financial assistance when Apc stops giving you palliative to lick Tinubu's ass.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by LAXconfidential(m): 9:34pm On Oct 16, 2023
KillIgbohoN0W:

Make sure you answer that question first before you type anything o.

Why not also answer the question or edit your comment since he answered it.
Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 16, 2023
Mrfeel:

Even if you don't pray , development will come as long as the government is committed and determined to development

I agree and if you pray, development will come as long as the govt is committed as well.

Prayer isn't the antithesis of development and diligence. Stop the false reasoning, nobody forced you to pray, so leave those who are praying.
Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by jaxxy(m): 9:39pm On Oct 16, 2023
borrowing and borrowing for rubbish and nonsense
Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by kennyz247(m): 9:47pm On Oct 16, 2023
Revolution2022:
Which economy that you and your goons have study and apply into the system that has brought a positive impact?
You dey mind the yoruba idiot, supportn evil government.. after removing subsidy finished,they went on to be collecting loan up and down with nothing to show for it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by DMerciful(m): 9:48pm On Oct 16, 2023
God cannot be mocked!
LeoDeKing:
God bless Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by Omalicious1: 9:55pm On Oct 16, 2023
KillIgbohoN0W:

Source: Vanguard

The borrower is always a servant to the lender
Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by blackslayer: 10:03pm On Oct 16, 2023
I can guarantee you that a huge portion of that loan will got to the "cost of bad governance". It will not be used to develop the country but to enrich individuals.
Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by stewiepeter: 10:11pm On Oct 16, 2023
Burob:
Why must poor people always indulge themselves in things that don’t concern them?

Instead of thinking thoroughly on how to escape from penury, they spend the vast majority of their time chasing shadows on things that are above their realm of imagination?
God it’s today I know Nigerians are doomed. Na you open your mouth talk this thing? Jesus you’re stupid, a big fool, you are a born daft. So someone is asking about how the nation’s economy is going, all you can say is “he shouldn’t indulge in things that don’t concern him” there will never be a bigger fool than you ever in the history of this world and in the future.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by Umaruxoxo(m): 10:15pm On Oct 16, 2023
LeoDeKing:
God bless Nigeria
south east nko😂😂😂
Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by truthhurtsnaira: 10:16pm On Oct 16, 2023
The Giant of Africa has shown the world once more that they are nothing more than a nation led by typical NIGGERS

What a shame to you tribalist demons that continue to disgrace Blacks.

You stink… stink like shyt and you know it.

Criminals and mad people EVERYWHERE

LOL… Borrow ni borrow KOR
Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by WelcomeToBiafra: 10:19pm On Oct 16, 2023
To sustain ongoing war in Biafra territory, Nigeria will leave Biafra in shame....
Nobody can lie to us again.

We Stand With Biafra Government led by Prime Minister Simon Ekpa.
Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by 0taPiaPia(m): 10:20pm On Oct 16, 2023
BOSSkesh:
After wasting $500k in America

Please mr president your borrowing it’s too much sir

IMF and co are complacent in this mess.
Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by biina: 10:21pm On Oct 16, 2023
Revolution2022:
Few days back Tinubu was begging imf and world Bank to write-off Nigeria s loan.The same world Bank is granting him more loans when they know the loans are stolen and not use for the intended purpose.Why is IMF encouraging crime among Nigerian politicians?

Modify;Was it not Tinubu that said his regime would not seek a loan from any organisation and that subsidy removal has saved a lot of money for the government?
The real question is why Nigerians are not discouraging crime among Nigerian politicians? undecided
Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by Mrfeel: 10:25pm On Oct 16, 2023
olakraft:

I agree and if you pray, development will come as long as the govt is committed as well.

Prayer isn't the antithesis of development and diligence. Stop the false reasoning, nobody forced you to pray, so leave those who are praying.
What's the use of prayers if it doesn't even work?
Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 16, 2023
Mrfeel:

What's the use of prayers if it doesn't even work?

If something doesn't work for you, that doesn't mean it doesn't work for others.

Once again, I can't force you to pray. You believe in hard work alone, some believe in prayer and hardwork and the grace that comes with it...

Life is simple.
Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by Enaibe01: 10:41pm On Oct 16, 2023
What happened to the money saved from the subsidy removal?
Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by sulaak(m): 10:41pm On Oct 16, 2023
LeoDeKing:
God bless Nigeria

and SE
Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by bejick(m): 10:45pm On Oct 16, 2023
Burob:
Please go back & study Jss 3 economics, because you sound like a junior secondary school student, ignorant of socio economic issues, shame on you.
Can you help us summarize what you studied, you that have finish the socio-economics syllabus. Paid urchin keep doing their 30k/ month job.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by Mrfeel: 10:51pm On Oct 16, 2023
olakraft:

If something doesn't work for you, that doesn't mean it doesn't work for others.

Once again, I can't force you to pray. You believe in hard work alone, some believe in prayer and hardwork and the grace that comes with it...

Life is simple.
Well prayer has not worked for Nigeria as a country
Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 16, 2023
Mrfeel:

Well prayer has not worked for Nigeria as a country

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But I believe otherwise and I have my personal reasons for that.

Good night bro.
Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by bejick(m): 11:03pm On Oct 16, 2023
Burob:
You sound like a lazy minded second class citizen in your own country wailing over feeding bottle, abi no be democrazy we dey practice for Nigeria?

Democracy not idol worshipping. You really sound stu.pid doing this your 30k work. No insult meant, but really go back and read all your comment slowly you will see a picture of an idi.ot. We know that defending a thief is difficult but it should not make stop using your brain. I can bet that after reading this you will reply more stu.pidly grin grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans by Fujiyama: 11:08pm On Oct 16, 2023
sad

If only younger Nigerians had an idea of what awaits them down the line.

As some wise man said: "Those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it". Nigeria today is a mirror image of Nigeria in the early 1980s. We owed foreign banks a lot of money and we were finding it hard to pay because oil revenues were falling. The country was forced to adopt "austerity measures" and a highly controversial, World Bank designed "Structural Adjustment Programme" (SAP) in 1986.

Only those who lived through the late 1980s and the 1990s can describe the pain of living through that period. During that time, nearly all of this country's forex earnings went towards paying foreign creditors, and of course living standards fell through the floor. The SAP had some conditions (for some reason they were called 'conditionalities') that Nigeria had to meet at great social and economic cost. Those were very trying times. We are now back there again.

By the time over half (or even three quarters) of this country's foreign exchange earnings go towards debt servicing, year in year out (with no end in sight), Nigerians will understand what pain and suffering really is. Social and political instability is bound to increase over the next decade as the debt trap springs shut - and young people just starting out will indeed pay a heavy price. With over 70% of the population currently below 30 years of age, there is no way Nigeria will ever be stable under such tough economic conditions.

Brace yourselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

It Will Be Difficult To Dislodge APC In 2027, Declares PDP / FG To Inaugurate Completed Baro Inland Water Port In August / Press Release: Agbaje Promises Pedestrian Bridge, Reduced Charges For Ladipo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.