Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? (4460 Views)

Buying Online From Amazon / My Online Shopping Experience With Amazon.com / I Want To Buy Things From Amazon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by databoy: 7:21pm On Oct 23, 2011
just wondering, do Nigerians really purchase anything from amazon.com? Just asking though.
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by ebenezer3: 9:08pm On Oct 23, 2011
yes i have purchased some books and dvd from amazon.com only that some items will not be sold to buyers from nigeria.
some items can not be sent to nigeria(their policy). cry
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 25, 2011
Yeah i know of a Friend who buys stuffs a lot, but ask them to deliver them to his sister's place in yankee, Getting it across to him from there then becomes a family issue which is much easier, But i don't like online purchase of stuffs personally.
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by stagger: 9:18am On Oct 25, 2011
Yes, I bought a number of books. But you cannot get them shipped to Nigeria directly. You have to use a US, UK or European address, and then it can be shipped back from there. What I did was to use Graphcard's virtual address system.

What you can do is to use Google to search for dropshipping companies that can receive and then ship your goods to Nigeria.
The snag is that what you pay for shipping ends up being quite high, but there is no way around that.
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by twinstaiye(m): 9:19am On Oct 25, 2011
Yeah, I bought some books towards the end of July this year, it did not arrived until October even though they told me it will arrived first week of Setember.  When I wrote them that I had not received the books in late September, they ask me if I want a refund or want the book resent to me. Mine was actually shipped directly to me in Nigeria, that probably explained why it came late.
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by DoubleN(m): 9:46am On Oct 25, 2011
Yeah! Purchased quite a lot from then, even got my Macbook Pro from then. The major caveat is that they don't ship to Nigeria. sad. They do have some lovely discounts though. grin
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by denny4ril: 10:32am On Oct 25, 2011
if amazon does not accept shiiping to nigeria, there is always a way oput at www.myus.com or www.graphcard.com. ALSO borderlessshopping.com and usa2me.com. SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT COZ TO ME THERE IS NO PROBLEM?
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by xreal: 10:36am On Oct 25, 2011
twinstaiye:

Yeah, I bought some books towards the[b] end of July this year[/b], it did not arrived until October even though they told me it will arrived first week of Setember.  When I wrote them that I had not received the books in late September, they ask me if I want a refund or want the book resent to me. Mine was actually shipped directly to me in Nigeria, that probably explained why it came late.

Tooooooo Late.

How did you pay?
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by OOG(m): 10:38am On Oct 25, 2011
O & O Gadgets buys from Amazon all the time and delivers to numerous clients all over Nigeria. It's as easy as you telling us what you want and we'll send you a quote on options or you can send us the link to the exact item you want and we'll give you a quote. We can assure you of delivery within 2 weeks or less (depending on the time you place your order).

We specialize in procurement of gadgets and electronics that are hard to find or expensive locally. Our rates are very competitive and affordable.

Our office is located at suite 29, block B, Sura Shopping Complex, Simpson street, Lagos Island.

You can reach us by sending an email to info@oandogadgets.com

or you can call +234 803 454 7919, +234 816 285 0941

Our website address is www.oandogadgets.com

And you can also find us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/oandogadgets
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by feyiona(m): 10:42am On Oct 25, 2011
I buy things from them but i do it through this web sites www.ishopinlondon.com they will bring it to ur doorstep
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by mbulela: 11:14am On Oct 25, 2011
@OP. use Kalahari.com.ng
it is reliable, it is an international firm, they are tried and trusted.
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by walcolm(m): 11:23am On Oct 25, 2011
the bulk of my online purchase is actually through amazon. and i buy directly from amazon

why pay someone who will buy from amazon when i can buy from amazon myself?
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by sexyshe(f): 11:43am On Oct 25, 2011
yes, got a friend's laptop from there
It depends on the Amazon partner, just check that they ship to Nigeria
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by omoola007(m): 12:05pm On Oct 25, 2011
@sexyshe :You are right some ship to Nigeria. But usually at ridiculous shipping charges and it takes a while ( as noted by a poster above)

@walcolm : It may be easy for you to buy and send to someone in the USA to ship to you or buy and pay FEDEX or DHL fee, but not everyone in Naija has that opportunity. Also with some of these seller they wont ship to Naija because of our "419 boys". Procurement services help to take care of that and you can pay in Naira so it makes the transaction easier.
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by twinstaiye(m): 12:16pm On Oct 25, 2011
xreal:

Tooooooo Late.

How did you pay?
I paid with my Oceanic Bank VISA card.
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by juman(m): 1:32pm On Oct 25, 2011
Yes. I sometimes buy books.
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by passyjango(m): 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2011
I buy books at Amazon.com and their services are okay. They show you what books other shoppers are buying in your interest areas. You also get valuable reviews of the book or item before you buy. However, not all items ship to Nigeria. As for the time it takes to receive your shipment, it depends on how stingy you are.

Knowing how Nigeria is I usually use secure shipping. It ensures that my shipment gets to me and on time. This year I have shipped books about four times and in all cases I received it within 7 days from DHL or UPS, although I noticed that DHL seems to be quicker than UPS. The guy who received his books after months probably used the standard shipping method. Secure shipping costs a lot more but of what use is saving on shipment if you are not sure the book will get to you.

Note you do not need a US address to ship items like books and DVD. Note also that for some items you may be required to pay import duties. Books attracts 0 import duty in Nigeria.

I paid with my USD denominated Visa card.
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by darqly(m): 1:57pm On Oct 25, 2011
I have bought clothing, footwear and perfumery which were delivered but they won't ship DVDs, video games and electronic hardware to Nigeria which just limits me! I also used shopfromamerica.com to get my games from amazon but it seems they've gone kaput now.
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by zenus(m): 2:22pm On Oct 25, 2011
denny4ril:

if amazon does not accept shiiping to nigeria, there is always a way oput at www.myus.com or www.graphcard.com. ALSO borderlessshopping.com and usa2me.com. SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT COZ TO ME THERE IS NO PROBLEM?

Just check on USA2ME.com and NIgeria is not inclusive
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by DoubleN(m): 4:32pm On Oct 25, 2011
mbulela:

@OP. use Kalahari.com.ng
it is reliable, it is an international firm, they are tried and trusted.
I think you will need to read this if you are considering Kalahari! https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-789417.0.html
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by looknlaff(m): 6:03pm On Oct 25, 2011
I have and trust me, they are one BIG FRAUD!!

I ordered for some back-to-school items for my son going to the collage on the 17th of July. A family friend in the UK was due back to Nigeria on the 22nd of July so i had to pay for express delivery to his rented apartment so that he could help bring them to Nigeria. I was told when i paid that it was 48 hours guaranteed delivery by 1pm that is, 19th July. I was so glad that the 156 pounds i paid for goods of 402 pounds did not hurt. But that was where the joy ended.

By 22nd July when the family friend was to depart UK, only two items valued 46 pounds of the lot had been delivered. I have written several protest letters to them asking for a refund but they only refunded 80 pounds and stopped. They must be laughing at me wondering why i have been spitting fire and brimestone. I guess they are saying to themselves why the F, k is this N, r shouting? Does he know how many times we delivered goods to his people and they never paid?

Whichever way, they are yahoo, yahoo like my people. Amazon.fraud. That's how we refer to them in my house.
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by martyns303(m): 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2011
can someone please give a detailed steps on how to buy stuffs on amazon? please.
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by blank(f): 6:41pm On Oct 25, 2011
I buy from them and from eBay and ship to a UK address. I pay with paypal.
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by TmeD0(m): 12:30am On Oct 26, 2011
if i see anyone type the words "stuffs" or "softwares" again on this or any other thread, i will shoot somebody (figuratively speaking though)!

the words "stuff' and "software" are already in their plural forms, my people! wetin! grr! angry  angry 

*calms down* @topic, yes, all the time.
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by akinalabi(m): 12:44am On Oct 26, 2011
I buy books from Amazon regularly. They ship books to Naija
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by sutton09: 7:42am On Oct 26, 2011
www.mannabooks.net sells books and you pay in Naira. They deliver to your home
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 31, 2011
are you sure you ordered from Amazon? they are known for excellent customer service,
was it amazon uk or amazon london u ordered from sef. amazon uk offers FREE delivery to uk for over 25 pounds
i wonder if you ordered from an independent person selling THRU amazon and ran into problems

[quote][/quote]
looknlaff

Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com?
« #20 on: October 25, 2011, 06:03 PM »

I have and trust me, they are one BIG FRAUD!!

I ordered for some back-to-school items for my son going to the collage on the 17th of July. A family friend in the UK was due back to Nigeria on the 22nd of July so i had to pay for express delivery to his rented apartment so that he could help bring them to Nigeria. I was told when i paid that it was 48 hours guaranteed delivery by 1pm that is, 19th July. I was so glad that the 156 pounds i paid for goods of 402 pounds did not hurt. But that was where the joy ended.

By 22nd July when the family friend was to depart UK, only two items valued 46 pounds of the lot had been delivered. I have written several protest letters to them asking for a refund but they only refunded 80 pounds and stopped. They must be laughing at me wondering why i have been spitting fire and brimestone. I guess they are saying to themselves why the F, k is this N, r shouting? Does he know how many times we delivered goods to his people and they never paid?

Whichever way, they are yahoo, yahoo like my people. Amazon.fraud. That's how we refer to them in my house.
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 31, 2011
Yeah my bathing Sponge grin
Re: Have You Purchased Anything From Amazon.com? by OOG(m): 3:31pm On Oct 31, 2011
O & O Gadgets buys from Amazon all the time and delivers to numerous clients all over Nigeria. It's as easy as you telling us what you want and we'll send you a quote on options or you can send us the link to the exact item you want and we'll give you a quote. We can assure you of delivery within 2 weeks or less (depending on the time you place your order).

We specialize in procurement of gadgets and electronics that are hard to find or expensive locally. Our rates are very competitive and affordable.

Our office is located at suite 29, block B, Sura Shopping Complex, Simpson street, Lagos Island.

You can reach us by sending an email to info@oandogadgets.com

or you can call +234 803 454 7919, +234 816 285 0941

Our website address is www.oandogadgets.com

And you can also find us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/oandogadgets

(1) (Reply)

Exchange Rate Of Naira To Dollar As At Today / Can You Write Very Good Articles? / BB Tasty Chinchin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.